First Drive Review: Dacia Sandero

I'd keep my money in my pocket and keep saving for a Korean. Renault still hasn't figured out how to build reliable cars, and this is an even older Renault in a different jacket.

Edit.

Kudoos for also adding the cheap scale of the automotive world to the reviews. It's great to read about the fancier cars out there, but cars like these are more likely to fall in the hands of the average member.

I'd keep my money in my pocket and keep saving for a Korean. Renault still hasn't figured out how to build reliable cars, and this is an even older Renault in a different jacket.

Edit.

Kudoos for also adding the cheap scale of the automotive world to the reviews. It's great to read about the fancier cars out there, but cars like these are more likely to fall in the hands of the average member.

Their good cars, the ones that South Korea produces. I like mine just fine.

I'm a proud owner of a Sandero stepway. I will have this car next January about 4 years and still no problems at all. Low on tax and insurance. I rather spend my money on my motorcycle then my car.
Well my next car be a dacia... hell yess

I will have this car next January about 4 years and still no problems at all.

There will always be cars that will spend their life pretty much problem free but overall French cars are still poop when they reach a certain age or mileage, and it doesn't have to be all that much. I dare to say that even Italian cars are more reliable than the French, or even have been since the new Panda came to be.

There will always be cars that will spend their life pretty much problem free but overall French cars are still poop when they reach a certain age or mileage, and it doesn't have to be all that much. I dare to say that even Italian cars are more reliable than the French, or even have been since the new Panda came to be.
I had a alfa 155 for 1 year electric problems. I had piagio problems all over.. dicati good bikes till the rain drops. No Italian brands for me anymore. Renault is'nt the best, but will do just fine.

I ran a bone stock 2001 Ducati 750ss for 5 years, 3 of those years everyday it's all I had at the time, extreme heat, rain, and yes some snow.

Zero issues.

Ducati makes fantastic bikes, cut open the airbox and debaffle the pipes good sweet god!
Uh getting excited and off topic here, facts James facts...

The Dacia is a good car.

Yes — and it’s “Dat-cha” rather than “Day-see-a”, apparently.

Sorry, Bro. It's Da-chia. :P
giphy.gif

A Dacia Sandera Review? Splendid news.

Last edited:
Argentinean here..... i just got a Renault Sandero GT Line, 1.6L 16v engine (k4m) and imho its the best value for the money you can get for that level of equipment, gt line comes with electric windows, media nav system, electric mirrors, automatic AC, parking sensors, 16 inches wheels with continental tyres, "sport sideskirts and bumpers"....

renault-gt-color-03.jpg

and then a more equiped is the one Rod Carvalho said, the Sandero RS, its actually developed by Renault Sport, with a 2.0L engine, lower suspension and 17 inch wheels.

slider-sandero-rs.jpg

@Famine @Robin Pirard
Let's hear those who have driven either of them. In your opinion, what would be more adequate model for a little off-road adventure? A standard Sandero or a Stepway model? The latter has 4 cm higher ground clearance, but it also lies on tires with lower profile (16-inch instead of 15 like on the standard model).

I can't find any info on suspension ratios for either of those, so assuming it's identical for both, it begs the question - which model would do less harm to itself on a macadam or in mud?

I didn't drive the Stepway, but I did drive the Duster "4x2" and that was good fun. Worked okay on the rocky stuff - wouldn't be ideal for proper offroading, but it should be fine on dirt tracks and muddy fields.

I only got experience whit the stepway.. To drive off-road is probably better with the stepway instead of the other sandero. The stepway got more ground space and a stiffer suspension.
Last time I drove on a sand road were the track was worn out on the outside and the middle a lot higher and I didn't need to worry for my car to hit the ground. It's not like a real off-road car but it's better then any normal car to drive off-road.
On tarmac it runs well to but high speed turns I tend to be a bit more careful cause the weight is higher then a normal car.
I hope you get enough info on this.

The stepway got more ground space and a stiffer suspension.
So it does have stiffer suspension than the standard model? But wouldn't that in combination with low-profile tires cause more damage to both tires and springs?

You mentioned you drove yours on a sand road, did you went over pebbles or bumps at one point? Sand is generally smooth, so it may not be the type of surface for judging its off-road abilities.

I think it all depends on how rough the surface is and i think if you plan on off-road driving often whit this car you can buy better tires that fit it's duty.
And the sand road i meant are also with rocks and pits. I drove in the Belgian ardennes.. you might look it up on some photos so you have an idea what type of road I mean.

And the sand road i meant are also with rocks and pits. I drove in the Belgian ardennes.. you might look it up on some photos so you have an idea what type of road I mean.
The surface seems to vary, indeed, but for the most part it's still quite smooth.

What I had in mind was a macadam road with gentle potholes on the either side of the road and bumps or dips every few meters. Sharp stones are common, of course, and can hardly be avoided. Something like this or this.

The car's primarily role wouldn't be off-roading, but people who work on a field or travel to a mountain camp somewhere in forest once or twice a month have to consider driving on these roads.

Did you notice any rough sounds from the suspension, how did it absorb bumps?

So... a few weeks back i've got mine xD

Its not a Dacia tho... in here (Argentina) its sold as a Renault.... and i've got the 2017 GT line one...

DSC_1540.JPG

Also... a little PS.... i've got the Rotiform stored in the garage... if i ever get to lower it i'll defo put them under the car....

Sin título-1.jpg

Back