FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Acura is a 91 and premium so it should be easy to come by to test.

There's no quote, and I'm too lazy to dig at the moment.

Just please tell me we're not seriously going through and banning/approving cars now one by one?
I have to ask after entering SNAIL, only to comply with the rules and then have to listen to everyone bitch that my cars are too fast. (mostly because they picked terrible cars)

FYI the Acura rings in totally different specs than the Honda at equal PP. Haven't PP raced it though, so it could be "too fast".
Of course my entry is already decided most likely, and probably also "too fast", just not on the list. ;)

I would say if we are going to do one we should do all just so we don't get into the "this year and trim is legal but not this one in this color" thing.

If I can use an update tune of one of my previous Shootout entries then you can likely put me down as a Barracuda er I mean Tuna.:crazy: At least I'll hopefully be off the meds before tuner submission deadline...:ill:

Thanks, CyKosis. If it goes to more than 8 cars, I'll split it into groups and then ask testers how many groups they wanna test. So is it ok to sign you up to test 1 group please?

So no R5 tyres for 460pp? :mischievous: :lol:

I'll certainly take a group of 8 cars for testing, Sir. I'm quite giddy at the prospect of S3s, so lets not talk about racing slicks, otherwise I'll never get to work..!!

{Cy}

I'll certainly take a group of 8 cars for testing, Sir. I'm quite giddy at the prospect of S3s, so lets not talk about racing slicks, otherwise I'll never get to work..!!

{Cy}
Just ran a couple of test laps at HSR/R...between PD updating the graphics for that track the tires and my meds, it was like a whole new experience.:lol:
Seriously though I forgot how much grip the SS tires have especially on a smooth gripy track like HSR.:crazy:

Sign me as a tuner please 👍 . But i want ask that those car allowed or not
( HOMMELL BERLINETTE ) ( SUBARU LEGACY B4 3.0R '03 ) and ( RX 8 CONCEPT I or RX 8 CONCEPT II ) . Thanks .

Last edited:
Apologies in advance for double posting. (I'm scared of multiquoting across pages)

Tuners list updated: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7546106#post7546106

Testers list updated: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7546107#post7546107
Please let me know if I've missed you. Also, can testers please let me know how many groups of 5-8 you'd like to test, and whether you can test the final round of 5-8.

Hmm…ABS is 1 for most of us tuners, so it's become standardised as the only "aid" allowed…or rather, the only aid is a compulsory thing. But if you drive with ABS off yet can handle high BB numbers, then you should be fine. However, you can't change the tune's BB since the brake balance is part of the tune.
I see you're barramundi, but why no tester??!!! Your comments are hilarious (also, you drive pretty decent :sly:)

How many cars per group ? If I test for all group and final, how many cars would they be ? I might do them all. By the way, Lotus Esprit Turbo HC'87, will it be eligible for this ? I have one at around 20 thousand miles, another model is also a candidate in case if the Esprit won't make it.

Firstly, the "is car X banned?" questions. Sorry to be hardline, but it is unfair on a tuner if:
- they have started work on car X, under the impression that car Y was banned
- car Y becomes unbanned, so either their time with X was wasted or they watch in disappointed as their car X is overtaken by someone else's car Y

So I don't want to change the list of banned cars now that it's posted. The intention of the banning was to eliminate "cheese cars", so that a wide range of cars would be competitive (possibly a futile exercise, but that was the idea).

The Esprit I tested was too fast. Maybe other Esprit's aren't but it is too late to start chopping and changing models. Yes, this will see some cars unfairly banned. Sorry.

Also, sorry to Hami, I did want to see if the Acura NSX could be let in, but it opens up a can of worms to do it now that tuners are signed up. Therefore it is staying banned, sorry.

---------------
Replies:
Sign me up as a tuner, it's been a while since I played GT5.
Excellent, a great way to get back into it.

Tuner.
And tester, just one group, preferably not quite as large as 8, but if needed I should be able to make it through 8.👍
Cool, thanks heaps. I'll make sure you're in a smaller group, 8 is the maximum but I am hoping for less in each (I am actually surprised to get more than 8 tuners already, beforehand I didn't know whether it would be big enough to need groups)

I will post my tune with the BB that I used to tune the car ( no ABS ), but I will give freedom to the testers whether to use ABS or not, albeit with the same BB specified in the tune. I think that would be the best, most testers use ABS anyway.
Sounds great. 👍

Would it be better if I tests every tuner's car both with and without ABS, but using the BB specified in the tune ? I will then give a special comment for the no ABS driving.
This is fine, and the no-ABS comments would be interesting. But the option below is not, sorry. I'll explain below your quotes.

Edit : As a tester I will post the best time of each car driven without ABS, and I will also put ABS time as a reference of time difference, regardless if it's slower or faster.
I would guess that ABS is part of the tune and you have to choose on or off but not both, when it comes to official testing. I would assume that would go for both tuners and testers. If you want to run them for your own enjoyment without ABS of course that's fine too.
Like Johnny says, the ABS is part of the tune. So any times/comments with a different ABS setting won't count, sorry. If you want to post them in addition to the tuner's ABS setting, you're welcome to do that. Or if a tuner gives you permission to test without ABS, then it's fine for that tuner.

So if my tune is done without ABS, I still have the freedom to give tester choices to run with/without ABS ? They will have to run the same BB as my tune as well.
Yes, in addition to the ABS setting you specify, a tuner can give permission for the car to be tested without ABS (in case any testers prefer to drive without ABS) But given that most testers will be slower without ABS, I don't see any benefit. Anyway, I will add this to the rules in the OP.

Does it have to be 60/40? Or will 61/39 work? (Tank Car baby! ) :dopey:
If you actually wanna run the Tank Car, be my guest!!! :lol:
Or are you seriously asking because there is a car that is too nose-heavy to make 60/40? (is that possible??)

Can I be a salmon?
Sure. Anything from plankton to whale, whatever you like.

If I can use an update tune of one of my previous Shootout entries then you can likely put me down as a Barracuda er I mean Tuna.:crazy: At least I'll hopefully be off the meds before tuner submission deadline...:ill:
Absolutely, feel free to dust off an old warhorse. Hope you're feeling better soon, Mr Salmon.

I'll certainly take a group of 8 cars for testing, Sir.
Thanks heaps.

I will tune and test.
Many thanks.
-------
EDIT: more replies (due to cross-posting)

Sign me as a tuner please 👍 . But i want ask that those car allowed or not
( HOMMELL BERLINETTE ) ( SUBARU LEGACY B4 3.0R '03 ) and ( RX 8 CONCEPT I or RX 8 CONCEPT II ) . Thanks .
Welcome. Those cars are all fine 👍

How many cars per group ? If I test for all group and final, how many cars would they be ? I might do them all. By the way, Lotus Esprit Turbo HC'87, will it be eligible for this ? I have one at around 20 thousand miles, another model is also a candidate in case if the Esprit won't make it.
Sorry, as above, all Esprit's are banned.

It would be wonderful if you could test everything! There are currently 14 tuners, if you have tested all tunes, there will be no need to re-test for the final round.

My plan is 5-8 cars per group, the number will depend how many tuners we end up with.

Hmmmm...I've just realised that, due to getting Friend Requests organised, the groups need to be mostly decided before the tuner deadline...d'oh! I'll start putting tuners into groups now.

Last edited:
For a bit of fun earlier tonight I took out one of my copies of "Isabella" pulled off all the power upgrades I could and relocated the ballast to the opposite end which surprisingly brought her to 60/40. Didn't touch any of the suspension or gearing settings just the power and ballast to bring her to 60/40 and 460PP. In a testament to how much grip those SS tires provide she pulled a 1:25.588 at Autumn Ring. Not a really competitive time I'm sure but remember she does tip the scales at just over two tons!:crazy::lol:

I see you're barramundi, but why no tester??!!! Your comments are hilarious (also, you drive pretty decent :sly:)

Because no time. :P Also, any times in so far? I've got something running 1:15s on HSR/R, but that's an initial tune on a car I've blindly plucked out of the pack. :lol:

I tried a few cars last night, I started with an R33 and tweaked it a little but wasn't happy with it after a few laps. I looked at a few other JDM cars and then changed country to get my current car.

Because no time. :P Also, any times in so far? I've got something running 1:15s on HSR/R, but that's an initial tune on a car I've blindly plucked out of the pack. :lol:
At a guess after running only 3 cars I'd say HSR/R will see top cars down in the 1:12-13 range (already ran one to mid 1:13.5xx but it was horrible at AR). Thinking top cars at AR will be in the 1:22 range, maybe a bit faster...but that's just a guess after running "Isabella" and the results from last falls roadster Shootout.:odd:

Thanks Nomis3613, I read the updated OP, so for me :
if tuners write ABS:x or off in their tune, then me as a tester can test without ABS.
if no ABS specified in the tune, then me as a tester will have to use ABS 1
Then me as a tuner only need to write ABS off in my tune, and all tester will have the freedom to use ABS 1 or off.
Awesome:tup:👍

At a guess after running only 3 cars I'd say HSR/R will see top cars down in the 1:12-13 range (already ran one to mid 1:13.5xx but it was horrible at AR). Thinking top cars at AR will be in the 1:22 range, maybe a bit faster...but that's just a guess after running "Isabella" and the results from last falls roadster Shootout.:odd:

Those are quick times, I have about 10 laps on each track with the car I have in mind, still a base line tune at 457pp ( still breaking in ), I got 1:23.xxx on Autumn Ring and 1:14.xxx at High Speed Ring Reverse, both are done without ABS. This baby will drive like a dream as my goal is handling on this one:D

You're welcome Ridox. Just a small point, that will have a big effect:

Then me as a tuner only need to write ABS off in my tune, and all tester will have the freedom to use ABS 1 or off.
Awesome:tup:👍
To give testers the freedom to run ABS 1 or off, you will need to write "ABS 1 or off". Writing just "ABS off" means testers must drive your tune without ABS. :nervous: For me, this would cause the laps to be at least 30 seconds slower, so it's not recommended!!

To give testers the freedom to run ABS 1 or off, you will need to write "ABS 1 or off". Writing just "ABS off" means testers must drive your tune without ABS. :nervous: For me, this would cause the laps to be at least 30 seconds slower, so it's not recommended!!

Haha, sorry, my bad, ABS:1 or off it is:dopey:, is it okay if I disclose my car now ? It's a car rarely used by most GT5 players, the base tune is pretty solid right now, just need to drive it more to find another second or so for both track. Some minor adjustment maybe and reaching 320km on the odo.

I would like to enter a tune for this shootout. Is the Scion FR-S allowed? I have the weight distribution at 60/40 with 200kg ballast.

Curious to see the criteria used for the banned cars. Surprised the Elise isn't banned but the Espirit is, in my driving the Elise is far faster than the Espirit at all PP levels.

Req21
Curious to see the criteria used for the banned cars. Surprised the Elise isn't banned but the Espirit is, in my driving the Elise is far faster than the Espirit at all PP levels.

That's what I thought...
Anyway, I have fixed my PS3, so I'm good to go. :D

is it okay if I disclose my car now ? It's a car rarely used by most GT5 players, the base tune is pretty solid right now, just need to drive it more to find another second or so for both track. Some minor adjustment maybe and reaching 320km on the odo.
Sure, it'll be great to hear what car you've chosen. Also, I'm curious to see whether tuners are leaning towards nose-heavy, bum-heavy or it's a mix.

I need to fix my PS3. Even if I don't tune, I want to test. I like the tracks. D:
I like your testing D: So thanks for signing up. What's with the glut of sick PS3s lately? You guys been doing too many Nurb 24 hour races? :lol:

I would like to enter a tune for this shootout. Is the Scion FR-S allowed? I have the weight distribution at 60/40 with 200kg ballast.
You need to be able to put the car on share.
Sorry Jack, like MrGrado says, the car needs to be shared, so unfortunately DLCs are banned. Hope you can find another car, it'd be great if you could join in.

I found that, when loaded up to 40/60, the Esprit was significantly quicker than most other cars. The Elise wasn't. Maybe it's due to the weight distribution, maybe my testing is flawed, but that's the rules for better or worse!

Anyway, I have fixed my PS3, so I'm good to go. :D
Woooo! Just as tuna, or would you care to do some testing?

Okay, right now I am tuning Opel Speedster Turbo '00, with 40/60 weight balance, I have a few other cars ready as well, all of them are the obscure ones that most GT5 players never use ( FR and FF ). One of the best of these cars will be chosen for the tuner submission.

Back