FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the top 2 cars from each group going through to the final, to keep the # of cars in the final round manageable, I think it is worth limiting the total number of tuners to 26. Therefore, signups will close if we get to 26 tuners. Sorry for making another rule after things have started, hope this is ok.

I will find time to test. You tested for mine. Sign me up for two groups that I am not in.

Also, have you already decided what round two will look like? Different tracks? Different cars? Minor adjustments to current cars? No changes at all? I have a bit of a gap in my SCCA schedule so I will have time for round one, but a round two may be challenging?

I'm worried that by throttling my car with power limiter I've made it completely uncompetitive... The times I'm running are just not up to par, but then again, it is a complete joy to drive, and to be honest, that's really all that matters. :lol:

RUF RGT anyone? :D

Nomis, not testing sorry, time is really too tight as it is unfortunately. :(

Hey, I'm still around, the last place spot (in terms of laptimes at least) can still go to me, as it always had. :lol:

I think you might have to ban my car. I dropped the ride height and changed the wheel alignment and I just went .977 faster than before. 1'22.456 1st lap out on both runs.

@Nomis...I was just going over the rules for testing again to insure my testing and tuning would produce proper results and noticed something you need to change. The sensitivity setting for the test driver needs to remain the same for all cars tested. Tuners specifying a given setting is pointless as is the event host trying to mandate that all testing be done at sensitivity 0. Reason I'm saying this is because of all the different control types that will be used. My preference for sensitivity 7 with my DS3 is completely meaningless to a wheel user, and the various settings for wheel users changes with type of wheel.

You want test drivers to run cars as much like the tuners want on the one hand, but they also need to run all cars tested in a consistent manor. Making test drivers use listed brake balance, gearing, torque splits and LSD settings keeps the cars in line with the tuners intentions, while telling them they need to use the same controller settings and driving aids for all the cars they test keeps testing more fair and consistent.👍👍

I am hoping to become an honorary member of Clueless Tunes by picking the Yellow Bird. :)

I was planning a blind BTR myself (wingless, more than full weight), though the you-must-test rule might throw that out the window for me.

Unless of course you feel like letting me borrow your setup for a few hours to actually tune it hands-on? :lol:

I was planning a blind BTR myself (wingless, more than full weight), though the you-must-test rule might throw that out the window for me.

Unless of course you feel like letting me borrow your setup for a few hours to actually tune it hands-on? :lol:
Why not do something really dangerous like a G4!:crazy::lol::gtpflag:

Because going for that is the same as saying "I'm not going to win, so screw you testers, go die". :lol:

And Re: Japanese V6…though I'm not sure if it's a V6 or not, the Mazda Kusabi?

:lol:

A G4 would be properly dangerous but it'd also be properly terrible; I'm looking at the BTR because it's designed to be tail-heavy and deal with it. Mark my words, something with tire stagger will win on outright speed, and since nothing has wider fronts than rears... Well, it's gonna be one of the 40/60 cars.

Edit: "hardest"? Depends on what your idea of difficulty is.

I'm getting close to a 1'21 atm, with just 1 click down on the front ARB and .2 on the rear springs.

BTW it is a Honda, it is MR and it has NSX DNA but it ain't a NSX.

What's the hardest street car to handle and tune in GT5 ?

Stratos and Alpine imo.

Try again.

If nomis bans it, I'll keep tuning it and release it with stock power and weight. I've got a couple of backups but they'll be slow.

I'm getting close to a 1'21 atm, with just 1 click down on the front ARB and .2 on the rear springs.

BTW it is a Honda, it is MR and it has NSX DNA but it ain't a NSX.

Stratos and Alpine imo.

Praiano's favourite, the HSC?

Funny thing is, I dug up an Alpine I tuned for 450PP to try it here, seemed alright, actually. :lol: Nothing too drastically terrible…I actually enjoyed it.

Edit: @Trackripper, screw you. Screw you and your damn Ruf, I thought my relic of an Alpine could at least do something on Autumn Ring, then your thing came along and blew it away completely. :lol: And I had the advantage on weight as well as a much better power/weight ratio…:grumpy:

I think this HSC will do a 1'19 with a better driver.

Here's your prize.
cookies.png

I think this HSC will do a 1'19 with a better driver.

Here's your prize.
cookies.png

Yay! Cookies! :lol:

But it is, essentially, an NSX with the "NSX" crossed out, and a "HSC" added in to fill the hole of the 3 letter acronyms. :lol: Then, to top it off, you add a new shell and there you have it. A not that new car presented in as a new concept! :lol:

We'll have to wait for Nomis' decision on this car…not an NSX…but close enough to be…

Back