FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well some have seen what I may enter.... only thing is it was running 1:27.xxx at AR :(… but that is with me driving :dopey:

Well looks like I'll be needing another car for this after all.:(
"Spooky" is still a blast to drive at AR, put down a 1:24.659 and I'm sure that a bit of fine tuning would see it in the 1:23s, but it's just to slow at HSR/R. No top end kills its chances despite just slaughtering the corners with those uber sticky SS tires. Of course the fact that it weighs 1,700kg makes the way it handles much more impressive!:crazy::lol:

Camaro SS?

I can't find a PL% limit, I'm so used to them that I'm having a hard time believing there isn't one, but I can't find one...?

Camaro SS?

I can't find a PL% limit, I'm so used to them that I'm having a hard time believing there isn't one, but I can't find one...?

I'm getting the same reaction. Looks like unlimited PL/ ballast :)

Well, I hate them, so I'm happy. :)
Only reason I hate PL limits is there's no way to enforce them in online racing or offline seasonals. If there were, I'd be a 100% all the time kind of guy. :)

I just dislike building up a car just to kill it (limiting). But it seems that is the only way to compete in the seasonals, online, and in shootouts now so :indiff:

Any times for HSR/R yet? And I can't believe this…but the French have built quite a neat little weapon fit for this shootout. :lol: Though if a certain member or two were still in this tuning thing, I'd get my head lopped off with a katana for merely mentioning its name. :lol:

I got high 1:13.xxx with my car at HSR/R, and mid 1:23.xxx at AR. I am tuning another 2 right now , one of them could do low 1:13.xxx at HSR/R but perform badly at AR with 1:24.xxxx, will try at least 2 more cars :) and they are all european.

I got high 1:13.xxx with my car at HSR/R, and mid 1:23.xxx at AR. I am tuning another 2 right now , one of them could do low 1:13.xxx at HSR/R but perform badly at AR with 1:24.xxxx, will try at least 2 more cars :) and they are all european.

Hmm…Need to drive harder. :lol: I'm in the 14s and 24s, but I haven't driven seriously for a while. :lol:

Is it ok to have two deferent final gear for both tracks or should both same ??!
The rules say the same tune for both tracks, so, I'd assume that the transmission settings are included
Yep, all settings must be the same for both tracks, including final gear. If you're running a 5 speed, might be time to look into the "tranny trick".

Sign me up as a tuner please
I'd like to sign up as a tuner.
Excellent, welcome guys.

I'm getting the same reaction. Looks like unlimited PL/ ballast :)
Yep, unlimited power limiter (tortology much?!) and ballast. So feel free to pile on the lead weights and enter a twin-turbo V12 that breathes through a straw!

Any times for HSR/R yet? And I can't believe this…but the French have built quite a neat little weapon fit for this shootout. :lol: Though if a certain member or two were still in this tuning thing, I'd get my head lopped off with a katana for merely mentioning its name. :lol:
Oooo la la, katana vs guillotine?? :odd: Surely you haven't resorted the "overweight Renault"? Or that bonkers Clio with the engine in the boot??? I'm secretly hoping there's an FF entered, a French hot hatch would be a great cat amongst le pigeons! Or, even better, if you can make the Alpine 110A competitive, I will be eternally in your debt :bowdown:

Oooo la la, katana vs guillotine?? :odd: Surely you haven't resorted the "overweight Renault"? Or that bonkers Clio with the engine in the boot??? I'm secretly hoping there's an FF entered, a French hot hatch would be a great cat amongst le pigeons! Or, even better, if you can make the Alpine 110A competitive, I will be eternally in your debt :bowdown:

I'll show you what it is later, just because it's you. :P And Nomis, you know that I would rather die or…do something else bad than go near the 1.5 ton Renault. :lol: What, the actual Renault, the Megane? And Clio is over the limit, I think.

I was thinking of drift machine S13 with less than a tonne weight.

Hmm…now that would be something. But unless I'm mistaken, the S13s which weigh sub-1000kg can't be turbo'd, right? So won't that be kinda like powering a shed with a motor from an electric pencil sharpener? :lol: (i.e light, yes, gutsy? Errr…no…)

Yes it can be turbo'd, my drift machine has 248 hp, 965 kg, 60/40 weight from factory, and only 455pp, not sure if it won't slide all over the place.

@Onboy - you tuning up an Alpine?... I was thinking about that :dopey:

Was it that easy to see through?! Well…you were around, so you'd know. The rest of this lot probably have no idea what I was saying there. :lol:

Yes it can be turbo'd, my drift machine has 248 hp, 965 kg, 60/40 weight from factory, and only 455pp, not sure if it won't slide all over the place.

Ohh…that Sil80 thing, right?

Onboy123
Was it that easy to see through?! Well…you were around, so you'd know. The rest of this lot probably have no idea what I was saying there. :lol:

True. I guess I have been wasting testers times in almost all the shootouts :dopey:

There's no limitation on tuning right ? Just the weight balance and banned cars.
Yep, as per the OP, the only restrictions on tuning are weight distribution, PP and front downforce.

-----
Change to tuner signups (only for new signups)

Wow, thanks guys for taking such an interest in this shootout. In my opinion, a bare minimum of 3 testers are needed per group, to make things fair. We are getting close to running out of testers for the number of tuners who are signing up. Therefore any new tuners who sign up will also need to test at least one group (this only applies to signups from now on, if you have already signed up as a tuner, there is no obligation to test).

With the top 2 cars from each group going through to the final, to keep the # of cars in the final round manageable, I think it is worth limiting the total number of tuners to 26. Therefore, signups will close if we get to 26 tuners. Sorry for making another rule after things have started, hope this is ok.

Simon, I'll test groups B and C (avoiding my own group). Provided that the 2nd round stays at the 10 or less cars, I'll run that too. We're on an extended shootout, so time will be less of an issue...

Ta,
{Cy}

Simon, I'll test groups B and C (avoiding my own group). Provided that the 2nd round stays at the 10 or less cars, I'll run that too. We're on an extended shootout, so time will be less of an issue...
Many thanks. The final round will be maximum 8 cars, thanks for volunteering. 👍

I'm worried that by throttling my car with power limiter I've made it completely uncompetitive... The times I'm running are just not up to par, but then again, it is a complete joy to drive, and to be honest, that's really all that matters. :lol:

RUF RGT anyone? :D

Nomis, not testing sorry, time is really too tight as it is unfortunately. :(

Back