FITT Adaptability Challenge. Finished congratulations toTheInfamousJEW6, Ale67 & Lionheart2113.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 257 comments
All tunes were tested on Bathurst at 535PP & Sports Soft tires
All cars were driven 6 Laps

*Updating as I go*

Tuner #1
Lap Time; 2:14.283
DC Rank; Could be a great tune with less snap and more grip. average-bad (maybe 2nd worst?)
Impressions; First tested and impressions very hard to drive, scaring the cr@p out of me. Few more laps and that did not change, I was even babying it around and still managed to spin out and crash definitely not made for this PP/tire compound but could be solid with a few key tweaks somewhere. Did Ok considering it was Bathurst, a naturally punishing track. Baby it too much and you won't be able to make the turn corner-exit, you need to turn the wheel more since it lacks grip in some corners you have to drive this one carefully whilst pushing it in and out of turns to avoid understeering out of track. Could knock a half second off the lap time with more laps but it's a very tricky one to keep on track it'll snap and you won't know why. I like how the back end kicks out at corner exit but again this needs toning down and refining to aid the car instead of adding to it's instability. Overall unstable car up the hill and not for amateurs, people who like a challenge might like this since it brakes pretty well but again needs refining in corner grip and stability. Looking at the tune I suspect the even weight split combined with high Inital torque of 28 and Accel. 22 makes this car the way it is. Very snappy. Lower Initial torque(less than 14, 10 even) and lower Accel. Sens. I am guessing would make the car more stable and therefore easier to lay down consistent laptimes. I crashed/spun out three laps in a row.

Tuner #2
Lap Time;2:12.340
DC Rank; more casual fun than Tune 1 and more pleasurable than tune 11
Impressions; Man that A$$ drags. It drags so much, I forgot I was driving an RX7! haha! Micromanage your throttle like crazy to avoid drifting off the limits of grip. Above Tune 1 for stability but can cook tyres(RED) with bumps and not much effort. It does need some damper tweaking for Bathurst. Fun and surprising how much stability it has despite wanting to slide at every opportunity. With minimal tweaks and harder tyres this could be my go-to drift machine LOL!

Tuner #3
Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #4
Lap Time;2:14.552 DC Rank; Worst. Driving feels like a chore.
Impressions;Oh Boy. Take the worst aspects of Tunes 1 and 2 and put them together? I feel like driving isn't my thing anymore. Man that Bathurst mountain wins again! Another car for the junkyard! Now there is grip but that rear end will fight and taunt you for it, and more often than not you will lose. The steering and braking is difficult whereas the throttle control makes things a little linear and better by comparison. Needs a total weight dist. swap. Bring the weight from the rear to the front; 48:52? Nah we want 52:48 minimum and much refining. Push it down Conrod Straight you'll quickly realize the brakes barely keep it on track as you dice left and right whilst braking. I give up, this was the least pleasurable to drive thus far. Horrible on Bathurst.

Tuner #5
Lap Time;2:13.155
DC Rank;Good. High-speed entries make this fun midst turn but prone to instability thereafter
Impressions; This is interesting. This is how I used to tune my cars. Slight Inital-D(anime/manga) like initiation on corner entry plus high grip mid corner net unparalleled speeds mid turn leading to easy and superb corner exit speed. Then you have to wrestle it for stability to the next corner. Rinse, Repeat. Hard to judge when it will snap but when it does it's not difficult to recover, your tyres don't lose too much grip. Total mastery of this tune could get you some seriously fast lap times around Bathurst. Tune in its current state however is not for endurance races nor is it for the rookie driver.

Tuner #6
Lap Time;
DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #7
Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #8
Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #9
Lap Time;2:13.243 DC Rank; eh better than tune 4
Impressions; Rolls allot but also some degree of stability. Do not like the lack of road feel that much. Understeers at times and cooks tires fast not much you can do about it since the feedback isn't there. Oversteers way too fast on throttle when you are at corner exit. Almost snap-like in that regard. At one point I was ahead of Tune 2's ghost by 1/3rd of a second then I miss-shifted. Suspension needs some stiffening to reduce understeer but also needs a more gradual oversteer upon throttle application.

Tuner #10

Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #11
Lap Time;2:13.942
DC Rank; average-good
Impressions; A bit tight for my liking, handles more like a racecar in that regard. What racecar? you might ask. I would say it handles like a LMP racecar with less power yes. Grip is good all round with mild understeer corner exit. Oversteer corner exit is mild and can be moderated which is a plus. The car makes you very wary of your driver inputs and a smooth racing line is required to make the most of the tune. I think the brakes/LSD decel need a little tweaking though-for shorter brake distance. I was frightened to push it to it's limits, driving cautiously to avoid the deceivingly mild but deadly and inevitable snap characteristics of the car. Given a few more laps to learn the ins and outs of the tune I am almost certain I could have knocked a whole second off the time. The car feels tight and somewhat balanced but requires an experienced driver.

Disclamer: While your tune might be horrible on one track, It could be a dream on another! However for this FITT Challenge I only get to drive Bathurst and at 535pp on SS, so good luck for your car to pull through with this combo! :D
My Notes: Control power parts used for 535pp: Engine Tuning Stage 3
Additional parts mostly used: Intake tuning, Cat converter sports, Mid RPM Turbo, Semi-racing exhaust, Power limiter. I suspect the Turbo will make tunes overall more unstable.
I use Stock gearbox for all tests Using a stock gearbox where allowed & testing with a Logitech G27, utilizing the Clutch and H-shifter combo (which surprisingly works for the FC Transmission as well, so no need for paddles!).

I picked Bathurst since I previously tried tuning my own RX7 there for ~550PP on SS or RS. Let's just say I had a tough time, and a learning experience. The car was incredibly frightening to drive(fast) and would consistently jump right over the dip in the track and crash into the sand at one of the corners on the top-most part of the mountain. I spent a while attempting to make the car stable fiddling back and forth with damper values and weight distribution. My results were pretty good but not the perfect handling I dreamed of reaching in other cars around this track. So here's hoping I can find a solid Bathurst tune for a higher PP.

Order of Tune testing: 1,2,4,9, 11,

The verdict: I knew Bathurst was a punishing track to begin with, but I know now the extents to which the Rx7 struggles(It needs downforce, a stable setup and careful but precise driving techniques). Further I appreciate all your efforts. I know you all worked hard to tune this cars within a timeframe but also believe there is things you can learn in regards to real-world tuning which you might otherwise overlook. Just by re-tuning at Bathurst, a monster of a track, you can learn even more about car dynamics.

Last edited:
Stock gearbox for all cars is incorrect, unless I'm confused about the way this event works. Or misunderstanding you. Cool that you're using the shifter, though.
"4; Use the stock gear box. Like the close ratio gear box, the tester would simply reset defaults after installing parts." and this one:
"Tuners I suggest that you give example power set up’s for a couple of PP’s and suggested max Power limiter use. These will be treated as suggestions and not use this set up please."

From the OP. I just reset power parts to default each time I try a tune. Far as I know that's the rules this time.

I was always confused about it. :lol:

Was just thinking what if the testing track was Route X, and 565 PP and you just sit there on the limiter. Or as in your case the long straight at Bathurst compared to Autumn Ring Mini. Or in my case, the ~ten tracks I drove on, at least half needed a different gear.

Still confusing, really.

@Grippy Thank you for the hard work on the testing.
As for reset to defaults that us reference to use int stock or close ratio only.
Fully tuned or top speed adjustable boxes were to set as described or set for the track and PP.

We do ask that you use the prescribed gear box for each car. I understand that the dog clutch doesn't work the clutch. So I'll put it out to the tuners @Ale67 @shaunm80 @lBt_33 @DaBomm4 @coryclifford @TheInfamousJEW6 @xande1959 @787bcgr @Lionheart2113 @Ridox2JZGTE on this one. Do you guys mind if a tester using a clutch uses the stock or close ratio gear box for testing as the dog clutch doesn't work with the H pattern shifters.
Keep in mind part of the idea of this challenge was to give testers more freedom with the testing as the gear box was a hard to balance part of this car a lot went with a untuned box or close ratio.

Luckily I touch the limiter just when I get off the gas, most roadcars have long gearboxes but the Rx7 seems to have a shorter 5th gear. Yeah if Route X was testing track I would actually need a custom gearbox :lol:

Edit: my bad, it appears coryclifford is right. There is no mention of transmission guidelines in testers section, that was purely tuners. I must have confused the two whilst reading the rules :dopey:

Last edited:
I was using the dog box and top speed slider option which is a basic way to go. If his testing is at Bathurst and he's just hitting the limiter, then I'm fine with it. The others that put in some time to tweak gears specifically, well then I'm not sure.

Might have hinted at my car. :dunce:

Last edited:
I was using the dog box and top speed slider option which is a basic way to go. If his testing is at Bathurst and he's just hitting the limiter, then I'm fine with it. The others that put in some time to tweak gears specifically, well then I'm not sure.

Might have hinted at my car. :dunce:
You muppet! Or is it a trick?:lol:
I always thought that the top speed slider was used if a Fully Custom transmission was called for, but only the final gear was altered if a custom transmission (specific gear ratios) was required.
Both used to hit top speed of the longest straightaway of the track.

Edit: per Cory's suggestion about FC transmission...

Last edited:
The rules, as I read it anyway, stated 4 basic trans options.

Fully stock
Close ratio (not adjustable)
Full custom (not adjusted) using top speed slider only
Full custom, built as described, and adjusting final gear to suit the track

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: Thanks @Otaliema for telling us which car has what wheels and aero parts next to the links. It allowed me to make easy decisions on testing order and how to most efficiently spread 11 tunes over 4 cars.

Last edited:
@Wydopen @coryclifford are both correct. There were four ways to do the transmission this challenge. The easiest two options were stock it close ratio.
Next was top speed slider
Than the hardest as several tuners can adtest was tuning one. There were four failed custom builds that needed to be rebuilt or they changed to top speed slider.

11 tunes tested in two days with 802 miles logged at Mid-Field Raceway...I am BEAT :boggled: with an ice pack on my left wrist. This was a lot of fun and I learned a new track because I don't remember racing very much or even at all at this course. DC is going to be tough as I have 3 tunes separated by .189 :eek:

I take it that at some point I am going to have to guess "who's who at the zoo"? :scared: that is going to be tough for me as three tuners are new to me and I have only driven one car from another tuner...

I will post my results tomorrow...:)

:cheers:

Last edited:
11 tunes tested in two days with 802 miles logged at Mid-Field Raceway...I am BEAT :boggled: with an ice pack on my left wrist. This was a lot of fun and I learned a new track because I don't remember racing very much or even at all at this course. DC is going to be tough as I have 4 tunes separated by .189 :eek:

I take it that at some point I am going to have to guess "who's who at the zoo"? :scared: that is going to be tough for me as three tuners are new to me and I have only driven one car from another tuner...

Guessing is opional. But have at it. ;)
You are a machine to put down 110 laps at mid-filed in two days

Guessing is opional. But have at it. ;)
In that case...I will guess privately so I don't embarrass myself! :lol:

You are a machine to put down 110 laps at mid-filed in two days
Thanks! My math has 363 laps at Mid-Field (802 miles divided by 2.21 mile long track)...I did 25 laps a while back with a stock RX-7 to get a feel for the course and car.

In that case...I will guess privately so I don't embarrass myself! :lol:

Thanks! My math has 363 laps at Mid-Field (802 miles divided by 2.21 mile long track)...I did 25 laps a while back with a stock RX-7 to get a feel for the course and car.

I see why your wrist hurts.
Average of 28 laps per car.

I have 4 left to test. Right now, my fastest is over 3 tenths up on the next set of 3 that are within 2 tenths themselves. Some good competition here. Only one has been worse than my stock default tune I used as a baseline. All the parts and no tuning except for top speed slider.

11 tunes tested in two days with 802 miles logged at Mid-Field Raceway...I am BEAT :boggled: with an ice pack on my left wrist. This was a lot of fun and I learned a new track because I don't remember racing very much or even at all at this course. DC is going to be tough as I have 4 tunes separated by .189 :eek:

You are a machine when it comes to testing. Great job getting all those tunes completed so quickly!
I have 4 left to test. Right now, my fastest is over 3 tenths up on the next set of 3 that are within 2 tenths themselves. Some good competition here. Only one has been worse than my stock default tune I used as a baseline. All the parts and no tuning except for top speed slider.
Sounds like a close competition indeed. Looking forward to seeing the full set of results.

Mid-Field Raceway.jpg

All tunes were tested at Mid-Field Raceway (steady 65 degrees F) at 550 PP on Sports Soft tires using a wheel with manual transmission...ABS:1 TCS:0 Grip:Real. Each tune was driven 25 to 30 laps to allow for different power configurations and transmission final gear/max speed settings. The tunes were tested in the order that they were posted and not in the order presented below...

Notes: I had two tracks in mind at the start of testing...Grand Valley Speedway & Mid-Field Raceway. After a couple of laps at GVS, I had no desire to continue and moved over to Mid-Field. I really liked Mid-Field even though I had little to no previous experience with this track.

Mid-Field appeared to have "Gremlins" buried all around the track that are waiting to bite you if you strayed a bit from a good racing line. The left hand side guard rail at the top of the hill and at the beginning of the closing straight appears to be magnetized and will either suck you in and not let go or repel you into a wicked spin that deposited me on to pit lane several times! :crazy: :grumpy:

The high rpm turbo was useless on this configuration and with me behind the wheel. Shifting points seemed to be very important with this track/car combo...short shifting benefitted each and every tune. Lap time was dependent on how fast and stable the car was going uphill and how well it avoided the "possessed" left side guard rail at the top of the hill. :irked::mad:

I was completely :scared::boggled: by any tune with camber angle settings...I struggled to get the car around this track with any decent speed and each tune ended up with an unplanned trip down pit lane thanks to the "possessed" guard rail...I really should have saved one of these laps as it was quite funny. :)

My favorite tunes utilized a default/stock FC transmission and then used the Max Speed slider to suit the track and PP level. The Final Gear tunes & the two stock transmission tunes were not as fast in my hands except for one exceptional tune...👍

DC was tough this time around for the top four tunes and under the old system I would have awarded 10.0's & 9.9's to my favorite four to five tunes. Tuners 5, 3, 7, 2 and 10...you guys were so close and I loved all of these cars...each car had a high 1:10.xxx lap going but I 🤬 it up going into the last tunnel. :banghead:

Tuner #1 (6th car tested)
1:12.489 - DC Rank: 8

Impressions: This car was "undriveable" (by me) at the tuner's example settings. This car reminded me of Cory's BTR (Old School Class RUF FITT event) tune at Trial Mountain Reverse...the one that I couldn't even get the car to the start/finish line without crashing! I use headphones when I race and my wife is home studying...it keeps the peace at our house. When I came out of the racing room, she wanted to know who Cory is and why was I cussing him the entire time!...ahh - memories!! I really started to work this car and FINALLY found a final gear that allowed me to keep it on the track...I had a sea of red laps and every so often I would complete a "blue" lap. I did not enjoy this tune but I stuck with it and posted a decent time...I don't think this is Cory's tune...:confused:

Tuner #2 (7th car tested)
1:11.527 - DC Rank: 1

Impressions: A calm driving style produced the best result here. Short shifting really helped this car around the track or should I say, helped ME drive this car around the track. There was a sweet spot on the max speed slider and that is all I had to change to get the most out of this car. This is an adaptability challenge for the tuners but I took it to heart as a tester...to try to adapt to each tune. This is the type of tune I would struggle with in past events and would just give up...not today! I learned from the car and worked with the car to drive the course better with each lap. The main screen ranking board was filled with laps from this tune as I slowly kept improving my lap times...I WANTED to drive this car and I LOVED driving this car. The faster lap times on tuners 3, 5 & 7 cars are a direct result of the time I spent with this car. Well, well done! :bowdown:

Tuner #3 (10th car tested)
1:11.207 - DC Rank: 4

Impressions: This was the best of the "Final Gear" tunes and for some reason the aero and wing seemed to make the car less stable and required a bit more work for the two of us to bond. This was a fun challenge of a car but I ended up frustrated due to not being able to dial in the Final Gear setting to help me in the last part of the track. This tune was FLAWLESS on the first half of the track but unpredictable during the crucial last part as lap after lap, way up on my ghost, to throw it all away. I learned a lot driving this car but I was left with a feeling of unfinished business. This car also sits proudly in my garage...well done! 👍👍

Tuner #4 (4th car tested)
1:13.377 - DC Rank: 11

Impressions: This was a chore to drive...it was so different from the previous three tunes and I felt like this tune was at a big disadvantage with standard brakes, stock (factory) transmission and it was the heaviest car in the group. There was very little I could change at 550pp level and a stock transmission...I guess I should have tried under 550pp and maybe tried an automatic transmission. I couldn't develop any rhythm with this car and every lap was a new experience...sorry! :embarrassed:

Tuner #5 (9th car tested)
1:11.110 - DC Rank: 2

Impressions: Another fast and fun tune that required a bit more work to unlock the speed with slight changes to the max speed slider and trying all three turbo options...along with me adapting to a slightly different car. This was a tough call on the DC score as I usually bond with the fastest car the best but this was a wee bit more of a battle between us but I still have this car tucked away in my garage...:bowdown:

Tuner #6 (1st car tested)
1:12.865 - DC Rank: 10

Impressions: A fun car but so dangerous at this PP level...it felt like a TT set-up with many, many red laps. This tune felt like I needed a perfect line with little room for error and I hit a brick wall in relation to lap time really quickly and I spent the rest of my laps going in reverse. I tried so many combinations and in the end I felt like I was chasing my tail...I am pretty sure this tune got the most laps from me. I really wished I could have adapted better...sorry. :embarrassed:

Tuner #7 (8th car tested)
1:11.299 - DC Rank: 3

Impressions: This is a fast car but I was surprised that the wing and aero kit seemed to make the car less stable until I found the right combination of turbo and max speed setting. This is another tune that i would have struggled with in past events but I was working with the car instead of against it...I was inconsistent with it and had some spectacular crashes including a visit to pit lane. This car is special though and in the right hands it would be seriously fast...quite a few red laps but a whole lot of fun driving it! 👍

Tuner #8 (11th car tested)
1:12.330 - DC Rank:7

Impressions: A beast of a tune...however, for me, it was a beast of burden! :boggled: Brutally hard car to drive with the added weight and I am guessing the camber and LSD settings. Super hard to try and bond with this car after four straight "perfect" cars (for me). My left wrist is killing me as I must hold the wheel tighter with my left hand vs. my right hand...the FFB is the real deal on the TM RS300 wheel as I was holding on for dear life. Very hard to keep this pointed in the direction I want to go...one minute the car would understeer, the next minute it would oversteer. This tune was the leader with three trips to pit lane! :embarrassed:

Tuner #9 (2nd car tested)
1:12.154 - DC Rank:6

Impressions: I was more consistent with my laps with this tune...this car was more forgiving and easier to get going. I was able to expand my driving lines a bit and try different approaches. The extra weight suited this tune and kept the car in check with very few red laps. This would be a good tune to race with but it wasn't the fastest car in my hands. I was hitting the rev limiter as I was crossing the finish line and it felt slow up the hill...if I could have tweaked the transmission this might have been a top tune. Overall a very, very solid tune...👍

Tuner #10 (5th car tested)
1:11.952 - DC Rank: 5

Impressions: A complete joy to drive and I could have stayed behind the wheel all day! I was able to unlock a better rhythm around the track and this tune filled me with more confidence. I followed the tuner's advice on straight line braking and a longer final gear for this track and PP level...stable, quick and responsive! One of my favorite tunes...👍

Tuner #11 (3rd car tested)
1:12.591 - DC Rank: 9

Impressions: An easy car to get in and drive...stable and forgiving at a certain speed but I was unable to go "fast" in this car. I tried many, many different combinations to improve my time but I hit a wall in this car as I did in every tune with camber settings...just not my cup of tea I guess - sorry! :embarrassed:

To all the tuners, thank you so much for all the effort and time you put into this event...:bowdown::bowdown:

@Otaliema - thank you so much for managing this great FITT challenge...I learned so much about this car and track as well as helping me become a better driver! :bowdown:

:gtpflag: :cheers: :gtpflag:

Last edited:
View attachment 529115

All tunes were tested at Mid-Field Raceway (steady 65 degrees F) at 550 PP on Sports Soft tires using a wheel with manual transmission...ABS:1 TCS:0 Grip:Real. Each tune was driven 25 to 30 laps to allow for different power configurations and transmission final gear/max speed settings. The tunes were tested in the order that they were posted and not in the order presented below...

Notes: I had two tracks in mind at the start of testing...Grand Valley Speedway & Mid-Field Raceway. After a couple of laps at GVS, I had no desire to continue and moved over to Mid-Field. I really liked Mid-Field even though I had little to no previous experience with this track.

Mid-Field appeared to have "Gremlins" buried all around the track that are waiting to bite you if you strayed a bit from a good racing line. The left hand side guard rail at the top of the hill and at the beginning of the closing straight appears to be magnetized and will either suck you in and not let go or repel you into a wicked spin that deposited me on to pit lane several times! :crazy: :grumpy:

The high rpm turbo was useless on this configuration and with me behind the wheel. Shifting points seemed to be very important with this track/car combo...short shifting benefitted each and every tune. Lap time was dependent on how fast and stable the car was going uphill and how well it avoided the "possessed" left side guard rail at the top of the hill. :irked::mad:

I was completely :scared::boggled: by any tune with camber angle settings...I struggled to get the car around this track with any decent speed and each tune ended up with an unplanned trip down pit lane thanks to the "possessed" guard rail...I really should have saved one of these laps as it was quite funny. :)

My favorite tunes utilized a default/stock FC transmission and then used the Max Speed slider to suit the track and PP level. The Final Gear tunes & the two stock transmission tunes were not as fast in my hands except for one exceptional tune...👍

DC was tough this time around for the top four tunes and under the old system I would have awarded 10.0's & 9.9's to my favorite four to five tunes. Tuners 5, 3, 7, 2 and 10...you guys were so close and I loved all of these cars...each car had a high 1:10.xxx lap going but I 🤬 it up going into the last tunnel. :banghead:

Impressions: This car was "undriveable" (by me) at the tuner's example settings. This car reminded me of Cory's BTR (Old School Class RUF FITT event) tune at Trial Mountain Reverse...the one that I couldn't even get the car to the start/finish line without crashing! I use headphones when I race and my wife is home studying...it keeps the peace at our house. When I came out of the racing room, she wanted to know who Cory is and why was I cussing him the entire time!...ahh - memories!! I really started to work this car and FINALLY found a final gear that allowed me to keep it on the track...I had a sea of red laps and every so often I would complete a "blue" lap. I did not enjoy this tune but I stuck with it and posted a decent time...I don't think this is Cory's tune...:confused:

Impressions: A calm driving style produced the best result here. Short shifting really helped this car around the track or should I say, helped ME drive this car around the track. There was a sweet spot on the max speed slider and that is all I had to change to get the most out of this car. This is an adaptability challenge for the tuners but I took it to heart as a tester...to try to adapt to each tune. This is the type of tune I would struggle with in past events and would just give up...not today! I learned from the car and worked with the car to drive the course better with each lap. The main screen ranking board was filled with laps from this tune as I slowly kept improving my lap times...I WANTED to drive this car and I LOVED driving this car. The faster lap times on tuners 3, 5 & 7 cars are a direct result of the time I spent with this car. Well, well done! :bowdown:

1:11.207 - DC Rank: 3

Impressions: This was the best of the "Final Gear" tunes and for some reason the aero and wing seemed to make the car less stable and required a bit more work for the two of us to bond. This was a fun challenge of a car but I ended up frustrated due to not being able to dial in the Final Gear setting to help me in the last part of the track. This tune was FLAWLESS on the first half of the track but unpredictable during the crucial last part as lap after lap, way up on my ghost, to throw it all away. I learned a lot driving this car but I was left with a feeling of unfinished business. This car also sits proudly in my garage...well done! 👍👍

Impressions: This was a chore to drive...it was so different from the previous three tunes and I felt like this tune was at a big disadvantage with standard brakes, stock (factory) transmission and it was the heaviest car in the group. There was very little I could change at 550pp level and a stock transmission...I guess I should have tried under 550pp and maybe tried an automatic transmission. I couldn't develop any rhythm with this car and every lap was a new experience...sorry! :embarrassed:

Impressions: Another fast and fun tune that required a bit more work to unlock the speed with slight changes to the max speed slider and trying all three turbo options...along with me adapting to a slightly different car. This was a tough call on the DC score as I usually bond with the fastest car the best but this was a wee bit more of a battle between us but I still have this car tucked away in my garage...:bowdown:

Impressions: A fun car but so dangerous at this PP level...it felt like a TT set-up with many, many red laps. This tune felt like I needed a perfect line with little room for error and I hit a brick wall in relation to lap time really quickly and I spent the rest of my laps going in reverse. I tried so many combinations and in the end I felt like I was chasing my tail...I am pretty sure this tune got the most laps from me. I really wished I could have adapted better...sorry. :embarrassed:

Impressions: This is a fast car but I was surprised that the wing and aero kit seemed to make the car less stable until I found the right combination of turbo and max speed setting. This is another tune that i would have struggled with in past events but I was working with the car instead of against it...I was inconsistent with it and had some spectacular crashes including a visit to pit lane. This car is special though and in the right hands it would be seriously fast...quite a few red laps but a whole lot of fun driving it! 👍

Impressions: A beast of a tune...however, for me, it was a beast of burden! :boggled: Brutally hard car to drive with the added weight and I am guessing the camber and LSD settings. Super hard to try and bond with this car after four straight "perfect" cars (for me). My left wrist is killing me as I must hold the wheel tighter with my left hand vs. my right hand...the FFB is the real deal on the TM RS300 wheel as I was holding on for dear life. Very hard to keep this pointed in the direction I want to go...one minute the car would understeer, the next minute it would oversteer. This tune was the leader with three trips to pit lane! :embarrassed:

Impressions: I was more consistent with my laps with this tune...this car was more forgiving and easier to get going. I was able to expand my driving lines a bit and try different approaches. The extra weight suited this tune and kept the car in check with very few red laps. This would be a good tune to race with but it wasn't the fastest car in my hands. I was hitting the rev limiter as I was crossing the finish line and it felt slow up the hill...if I could have tweaked the transmission this might have been a top tune. Overall a very, very solid tune...👍

Impressions: A complete joy to drive and I could have stayed behind the wheel all day! I was able to unlock a better rhythm around the track and this tune filled me with more confidence. I followed the tuner's advice on straight line braking and a longer final gear for this track and PP level...stable, quick and responsive! One of my favorite tunes...👍

Impressions: An easy car to get in and drive...stable and forgiving at a certain speed but I was unable to go "fast" in this car. I tried many, many different combinations to improve my time but I hit a wall in this car as I did in every tune with camber settings...just not my cup of tea I guess - sorry! :embarrassed:

To all the tuners, thank you so much for all the effort and time you put into this event...:bowdown::bowdown:

@Otaliema - thank you so much for managing this great FITT challenge...I learned so much about this car and track as well as helping me become a better driver! :bowdown:

Great job indeed. Very thorough breakdown of all the cars. Just a point of interest, you have two cars that have a DC of 3. Could you not decide which one you liked better so rated them equally? :lol:

Just a point of interest, you have two cars that have a DC of 3. Could you not decide which one you liked better so rated them equally? :lol:

Whoops...:embarrassed::embarrassed:

Too many numbers to keep track of and I am sure you can tell that I went back and forth on DC scores of 1, 2, 3 & 4 many, many times!

Apologies if you are tuner 3...:)

View attachment 529115

1:11.207 - DC Rank: 4

I have to say this is the most though review I have ever seen.
I glade to see you got along with my well. I'll get your times input later. It's past midnight I need sleep lol. Sick kids, brute of a storm rolling in. Made for a long day.

Looks like my DC is awesomely spot on of what I expected :embarrassed: Thank you to testers for enduring countless laps, tired hands and sweats, I haven't met a driver that could click with my style of setups but all the information that has been provided by testers thus far - about how the car drive, and lap times are very important for me to know the limits of certain style of drivers, the type of setup that works and not :P The tune I made originally setup for comfort medium tires and I added special LSD to the car for specific purpose in this event :mischievous: It needs special rear damper tweaks, ride height change for different tracks, but it have to make do with static setup :cheers:

So far, no tester used max torque setup :nervous::mischievous:

Rankings from @Bass Addict times. @xande1959 I will load you times when you update the DC score from the old point system to the new Ranking system.

@Ale67 @shaunm80 @lBt_33 @DaBomm4 @coryclifford @TheInfamousJEW6 @xande1959 @787bcgr @Lionheart2113 @Ridox2JZGTE

Rank | Average Lap Points DC Rank | DC
Tuner 1 8 | 1:12.489 +01.379 9.81 8 | 8.00
Tuner 2 4 | 1:11.527 +00.417 9.94 1 | 25.00
Tuner 3 2 | 1:11.207 +00.097 9.99 4 | 15.00
Tuner 4 11 | 1:13.377 +02.267 9.69 11 | 5.00
Tuner 5 1 | 1:11.110 +00.000 10.00 2 | 20.00
Tuner 6 10 | 1:12.865 +01.755 9.76 10 | 6.00
Tuner 7 3 | 1:11.299 +00.189 9.97 3 | 18.00
Tuner 8 7 | 1:12.330 +01.220 9.83 7 | 9.00
Tuner 9 6 | 1:12.154 +01.044 9.86 6 | 10.00
Tuner 10 5 | 1:11.952 +00.842 9.88 5 | 12.00
Tuner 11 9 | 1:12.591 +01.481 9.80 9 | 7.00