FITT Adaptability Challenge. Finished congratulations toTheInfamousJEW6, Ale67 & Lionheart2113.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 257 comments
Nice time. Sounds like your car us coming along well.

Running 1:30's at Trial Mountian on SS right now need to sorta some snap oversteer I've got at speed right now.

Max torque on SH is very demanding to drive, the benefits tuning on this max torque is when I put stock turbo, it's a lot more docile :) The RX7 that I'm tuning is more suited for low to mid range power/torque, something at 300+HP and 250-300+lb ft torque.

Max torque on SH is very demanding to drive, the benefits tuning on this max torque is when I put stock turbo, it's a lot more docile :) The RX7 that I'm tuning is more suited for low to mid range power/torque, something at 300+HP and 250-300+lb ft torque.
I hear ya there. Just be sure to address high power as a couple of the testers will have high power

I went for a higher HP approach for tuning the car at 565PP/SH, I still need to test other power options and tracks, but I think I'm getting a good base already with only a few hours into this PP/tire set.

Building a custom transmission is tough for the wide range available... But I think it can be done using the same flip and gear ratios only needing to adjust final to suit track.

image.jpeg

Black is minimum performance points RPM drop
Blue is maximum performance points RPM drop

Edit: All of this is useless though if testers build the transmission first and then add the power parts :dunce:
As I misread the 1st rule for tuning the gearbox.:banghead:

Last edited:
I'm going to use the same tune on GT5 RX7 '91 now :embarrassed: I have been running GT6 tune on the GT5 on some of my cars ( replicas ) and they drive pretty close.

Damn, :mad: the stock suspension in GT5 for FD3S Efini RX7 '91 is spot on to the real car stock spring rate, why GT6 is higher stock and can't get that low anymore 🤬:banghead: PD:boggled:

Last edited:
Darn this car at 565PP. My base tune works well on low and medium power setups but high power setup is not user friendly. It is a great challenge to get a car that works well across all PP ranges so well done on that @Otaliema. A lot more tinkering is required to get this car ship shape.

Here is an example:
Initial final gear: 4.100
Top Speed: 174
First gear: (2.641-3.587) (2.972-4.036)
Second gear: (1.855-2.452) (2.087-2.758)
Third gear: (1.391-1.747) (1.565-1.965)
Fourth gear: (1.093-1.321) (1.229-1.487)
Fifth gear: (0.900-1.048) (1.012-1.179)
Sixth gear: (0.660-0.871) (0.742-0.979)

The available ranges would then be:
First gear: (2.972-3.587)
Second gear: (2.087-2.452)
Third gear: (1.565-1.747)
Fourth gear: (1.229-1.321)
Fifth gear: (1.012-1.048)
Sixth gear: (0.742-0.871)

Building a custom transmission is tough for the wide range available... But I think it can be done using the same flip and gear ratios only needing to adjust final to suit track.

View attachment 522088

Black is minimum performance points RPM drop
Blue is maximum performance points RPM drop

Edit: All of this is useless though if testers build the transmission first and then add the power parts :dunce:
As I misread the 1st rule for tuning the gearbox.:banghead:

It's not that bad, just time consuming, find the maximum gear ranges with no power parts installed, then add all power parts to find the minimum gear ranges. This way it wouldn't matter what stage the transmission is built, first part installed or last.

Darn this car at 565PP. My base tune works well on low and medium power setups but high power setup is not user friendly. It is a great challenge to get a car that works well across all PP ranges so well done on that @Otaliema. A lot more tinkering is required to get this car ship shape.
Does get a little more squirrely around the 565pp mark don't it?:lol: At the moment mine feels more like a hover car!:banghead:

Found a couple good testing places for myself. Been doing the recent 500 PP seasonal at 450 and 500. Also the 15 minute races at 565 PP on SS tire. Gotta run it hard to catch them at 650 on RH tire in race cars. Oh and the Tuned car event but it's kinda easy.

Just using the max speed adjustable slider 6 speed transmission option.

I will be sending PM's Sunday night or Monday morning to all registered testers to start the conversation line for pp and tire assignment. I will also be posting a tube sheet on Sunday to standardize the tunes so as not give away one with sheet style.
The Min/Max tester slots are still open if anyone wants to volunteer for one, if not no worries.

@Ale67 @shaunm80 @lBt_33 @DaBomm4 @coryclifford @TheInfamousJEW6 @Brewguy44 @xande1959 @787bcgr
Tuning sheet posted in the spoiler button below and in the main tuners post here
Tuning sheet.

Car Mazda RX-7 éfini Type R (FD) ‘91
PP 465-565
Tires Sports Hard - Sports Soft
Track(s) Tuned at: *optional*
Body Color;
Wheel Color;
Brake Color;

Front Aero Kit Yes/No
Rear Spoiler Yes/No
Flat Floor No
Oil Change No
Chassis Reinforcement No
Wheel Size +
Full Adjustable Suspension
Brakes Racing Yes/No
Transmission *Type*
Carbon Drive Shaft Yes/No
Clutch Plate *Type*
Limited Slip Differential Fully Adjustable/Stock
Power Parts. As needed for PP
Weight Reduction None/Stage 1/2/3
Carbon Hood Yes/No
Window Weight Reduction Yes/No

Suspension Set up
Ride Height:
Front Rear

Spring Rate:
Front Rear

Dampers
Compression:
Front Rear

Extension:
Front Rear

Anti Roll Bars:
Front Rear

Camber:
Front Rear

Toe:
Front Rear

Brakes:
Front Rear

Transmission;
Initial Final Gear:
Top Speed:
1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:
Final: Gear Set to Track and PP.

Limited Slip Differential
Initial:
Acceleration:
Deceleration:

Power Limiter:
Set by driver for PP

Aerodynamics;
Front: 0
Rear:

Ballast:
Amount:
Position:

Aids:
ABS 1 only all others turned off.

Pretty sure I got all the settings Don't have the game loaded right now.

Last edited:
@Ale67 @shaunm80 @lBt_33 @DaBomm4 @coryclifford @TheInfamousJEW6 @Brewguy44 @xande1959 @787bcgr
Tuning sheet posted in the spoiler button below and in the main tuners post here
Tuning sheet.

Car Mazda RX-7 éfini Type R (FD) ‘91
PP 465-565
Tires Sports Hard - Sports Soft
Track(s) Tuned at: *optional*
Body Color;
Wheel Color;
Brake Color;

Front Aero Kit Yes/No
Rear Spoiler Yes/No
Flat Floor No
Oil Change No
Chassis Reinforcement No
Wheel Size +
Full Adjustable Suspension
Brakes Racing Yes/No
Transmission *Type*
Carbon Drive Shaft Yes/No
Clutch Plate *Type*
Limited Slip Differential Fully Adjustable/Stock
Power Parts. As needed for PP
Weight Reduction None/Stage 1/2/3
Carbon Hood Yes/No
Window Weight Reduction Yes/No

Suspension Set up
Ride Height:
Front Rear

Spring Rate:
Front Rear

Dampers
Compression:
Front Rear

Extension:
Front Rear

Anti Roll Bars:
Front Rear

Camber:
Front Rear

Toe:
Front Rear

Brakes:
Front Rear

Transmission;
Initial Final Gear:
Top Speed:
1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:
Final: Gear Set to Track and PP.

Limited Slip Differential
Initial:
Acceleration:
Deceleration:

Power Limiter:
Set by driver for PP

Aerodynamics;
Front: 0
Rear:

Ballast:
Amount:
Position:

Aids:
ABS 1 only all others turned off.

Pretty sure I got all the settings Don't have the game loaded right now.
Looks good, I won't be at the game till tonight because of visiting family for the weekend. Busy weekend.

Busy weekend
Same here. My wife and I re did our bathroom, was supposed to be just painting but during the preperation process I found mold on the ceiling. So took to sanding it, and found out the people that owned the house prior painted over mold that covered 3/4 of the ceiling. So had to sand the entire ceiling and bleach it. Than wash the rest of the walls, let them dry. Painted, than my wife decided it was time to replace the over sink cabinet, so swapped it with the second bathroom, painted the sink cabinet. Than we decided it was time to replace the shower curtain rod with a double curved one. That was another adventure.

So, question, how does the review template work if this is a blind tuning event? :P Tag everyone at the top and go numerically down would be more appropriate, right?

Back