FITT Adaptability Challenge. Finished congratulations toTheInfamousJEW6, Ale67 & Lionheart2113.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 257 comments
United States
mid west USA
Otaliema

FITT.jpg

FITT Universal Tuning and testing challenge

Welcome to the FITT universal(adaptability) tuning challenge. This like most of my challenges is offbeat, but right up the Gran Turismo ally. One car, One tune, any track, any power part configuration.
All tuners and testers need to be familiar with the FITT Standardized rules In particualr rule 13;

13) Driver feedback, both positive and negative, is strongly encouraged and should be done in a constructive manner. Not all tunes work well for every driver. Personal attacks WILL NOT be tolerated and may result in penalties or disqualification at the discretion of the organizer(s) and also may be subject to sanction by GTPlanet Moderating Staff. Treat all participants and spectators in a respectful manner so that everyone may enjoy the event.
*This applies to feed back as well, You can be blunt but be polite about it.*

If you have concerns about the challenge, a tune, or tester reviews and feedback send me a PM DO NOT AIR IT OUT IN THE THREAD. If you choose to do so you will be warned and a PM will sent to continue the conversation, continued open thread discussion may result in removal from the challenge if you are participating as a tuner or tester. If you are not part of the challenge, please do not derail the thread. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Drivers Choice Score
We will be using the new Ranking system for this challenge no 1-10 score but 1-X ranking in the order you liked them.

The weapon of choice of this challenge is the èfini RX-7 Type R (FD) ‘91.
The operating PP range for the challenge will be 445pp to 565pp.
The tire choices will be Sports Hard to Sports Soft.
Tires will be set based on the PP the car is running at.
445-484 will be Sports Hard
485-524 will be Sports Medium
525-565 will be Sports Soft

Banned and Allowed parts
Body rigidity. BANNED
Front Aero kit ALLOWED
Flat Floor kit BANNED
Rear Wing kit ALLOWED
NitrousBANNED
Rims ANY SIZE
If it's not listed above it’s allowed.

Tuners, your goal is to make a car that will work on any track within the listed PP range on any of the three tires listed. You will have no prior knowledge of what PP, tires and track a tester will be using.

Tune allowances. The ONLY Change that can be made to the actual tune is the final gear to accommodate power and track changes. I would suggest you give common speeds in final gear number. eg 3.010 will hit 240/140 km/h/mph

The transmission could be an interesting challenge this time around. There are four options.
1: Tune a gear box. In this case the Tester would build per instructions. Than adjust the final to suit the track they picked and the PP they have been assigned.
If you want to tune one here are basic instructions here in the Non-Drag Racing Transmission tuning guide.
2: You can install a adjustable gear box but use ONLY THE TOP SPEED slider.
In this case the tester installs parts to reach the assigned PP and than sets the top speed to the track they have picked. No other changes are allowed.
3; You can install the close ratio gear box that's available. The tester simply resets defaults after installing parts.
4; Use the stock gear box. Like the close ratio gear box, the tester would simply reset defaults after installing parts.

Tuners I suggest that you give example power set up’s for a couple of PP’s and suggested max Power limiter use. These will be treated as suggestions and not use this set up please.

I will send you a PM with your tuner number after the tuning period has been open for one(1) week.
If we get a sign up after your number has been assigned. You may be re numbered.

Tester rules.

1; Test all the cars in the same conditions.

2; You can configure the power parts for the car however you want for each tune. Don’t be afraid to try a couple of setup’s to get the most from the car. Tuners may provide you a set up for a specific PP, you are NOT required to use it. The only PP affecting parts and settings you CAN NOT CHANGE is the weight and ballast amount and location.
All cars shall be Tested at the same track of your choice *see below for track rules*
Grip set to real.
Time default progression is set to 0
Weather Off that means everything related to weather is set to the lowest setting.
3;Rim size must be used, Rim type is not required.

Car Rules
All tunes shall be tested at
1; The same PP, as you are assigned.
2; The same Tire level you are assigned.
TCS = 0
ABS = 1

Track Rules
You may test at any track in the game that fits the following rules.
If the track has variable time and weather
Same time of day.
Weather = 0% (none)
Rain = 0%(none)
Surface water = 0%(none)
Change factors = 0/1(none)
No Kart tracks
No Dirt or Snow Rally tracks
No Tracks over 16 km/10 miles

Should a tester only submit a tune for the challenge AFTER they have received their PP and tire assignments, they will be re-assigned with a new PP, and tires if applicable. If they decline the reassignment. The tune will not be approved.
Timeline

Tuning
March 1st to March 17th
(I need a day or so to check last minute tunes)

Testing
March 19th to April 2nd

Before any “what about lap time average?!?!” arguments start. I will say this. With the tester rules in place. Any differences in the lap time due to PP or track will have the same effect on the overall average for a tuner as faster and slower drivers in a normal challenge.

There will NOT be a fastest lap mention in this challenge due to the track being open. Lets face it a blistering fast lap at one of the Nürburgring's will never be as fast as slow but solid lap at Tsukuba.

Tune submission, PP and Tire assignments
Send me the tune in the PM I sent your tuner number in. I will test build it, and post it. Images suggested but not required.

Testers will be assigned a PP and a Tire that they will test all submitted tunes at.
To be fair, tires are assigned based on the PP.

I will allow one Driver to drive a car at 565 PP on Sports Hard Tires. If you are up for a decent challenge in the driving department, Send me a PM volunteering for it.
I will allow one Driver to drive a car at 445 PP on Sports Soft tires. If you want to drive a car that is over tired, send me a PM volunteering it.
If a Max/Min or Min/Max is taken I will post which one has been taken, but I will not say by who. Lets keep that under wraps untill reviews are posted 👍

Tuner/Tester participants. You will be assigned your PP and Tires AFTER your tune is submitted and approved. You can be a Max/Min or Min/Max if one is still available after your tune is approved.

Last edited:
Tuners
@Otaliema
@Ale67
@shaunm80
@lBt_33
@DaBomm4
@coryclifford
@TheInfamousJEW6
@Brewguy44 real life > GT6
@xande1959
@787bcgr
@Ridox2JZGTE
@Lionheart2113

Tuning sheet.

Car Mazda RX-7 éfini Type R (FD) ‘91
PP 445-565
Tires Sports Hard - Sports Soft
Track(s) Tuned at: *optional*
Body Color;
Wheel Color;
Brake Color;

Front Aero Kit Yes/No
Rear Spoiler Yes/No
Flat Floor No
Oil Change No
Chassis Reinforcement No
Wheel Size +
Full Adjustable Suspension
Brakes Racing Yes/No
Transmission *Type*
Carbon Drive Shaft Yes/No
Clutch Plate *Type*
Limited Slip Differential Fully Adjustable/Stock
Power Parts. As needed for PP
Weight Reduction None/Stage 1/2/3
Carbon Hood Yes/No
Window Weight Reduction Yes/No

Suspension Set up
Ride Height:
Front Rear

Spring Rate:
Front Rear

Dampers
Compression:
Front Rear

Extension:
Front Rear

Anti Roll Bars:
Front Rear

Camber:
Front Rear

Toe:
Front Rear

Brakes:
Front Rear

Transmission;
Initial Final Gear:
Top Speed:
1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:
Final: Gear Set to Track and PP.

Limited Slip Differential
Initial:
Acceleration:
Deceleration:

Power Limiter:
Set by driver for PP

Aerodynamics;
Front: 0
Rear:

Ballast:
Amount:
Position:

Aids:
ABS 1 only all others turned off.

Tunes

Tuner 1 Tune Here No Aero kits +0 wheels
Tuner 2 Tune Here No Aero kits +0 wheels
Tuner 3 Tune Here Rear Wing +0 wheels
Tuner 4 Tune Here No Aero kits +0 wheels
Tuner 5 Tune Here No Aero kits +2 wheels
Tuner 6 Tune Here Rear Wing +2 wheels
Tuner 7 Tune Here Rear Wing +1 Wheels
Tuner 8 Tune Here Front Kit +0 wheels
Tuner 9 Tune Here No Aero kits +0 wheels
Tuner 10 Tune Here Front Aero +2 wheels
Tuner 11 Tune Here No Aero kits +2 wheels

Last edited:
Testers
@Bass Addict Review Here
@xande1959 Review Here incomplete Illness, Beat that Zekia Virus!
@lBt_33
@DaBomm4 Real life > GT6
@Otaliema Review here
@Wydopen Review here
@Grippy Review Here incomplete

All tunes were tested at
*track* at *** PP on Sports **** tires
All cars were driven ** Laps
@Otaliema @Ale67 @shaunm80 @lBt_33 @DaBomm4 @coryclifford @TheInfamousJEW6 @xande1959 @787bcgr @lionheart2113 @Ridox2JZGTE

Tuner #1
Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #2
Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #3
Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #4
Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #5
Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #6
Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #7
Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #8
Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #9
Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #10

Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Tuner #11
Lap Time; DC Rank;
Impressions;

Last edited:
These two things do not match. Did you mean to have softer tires with the lower PP levels and harder tires on the higher PP levels?

Testers will be assigned a PP and a Tire that they will test all submitted tunes at.

I will allow one Driver to drive a car at 565 PP on Sports Hard Tires. If you are up for a decent challenge in the driving department, Send me a PM volunteering for it.
I will allow one Driver to drive a car at 445 PP on Sports Soft tires. If you want to drive a car that is over tired, send me a PM volunteering it.
If a Max/Min or Min/Max is taken I will post which one has been taken, but I will not say by who. Lets keep that under wraps untill reviews are posted

I just thought of this, will there be a restriction to the power limiter for the testers? Are we restricted to the usual 90% or could we use, lets say 50% if we so choose, being fair to all tunes of course.

These two things do not match. Did you mean to have softer tires with the lower PP levels and harder tires on the higher PP levels?

If a Max/Min or Min/Max is taken I will post which one has been taken, but I will not say by who. Lets keep that under wraps untill reviews are posted

I meant for the tires to be scaled the lower PP the harder the tire for the entirety of the test group But I know there is prolly one or two people here that wouldn't mind the challenge of driving a full powered car on hard tires and there may be one or two people that would rather drive a car on tires that are too soft. (or to simulate what a lot of online rooms do, low PP very soft or pretty soft tire), so I decided to allow one person to get full power on the hardest tire and one person at stock power on the softest tire. If anyone wants too. Other wise everyone will be jsut assigned a PP to test on and Will use the tires that fall into that range.

I'll be tentative for both. 👍
Added Sir.

I just thought of this, will there be a restriction to the power limiter for the testers? Are we restricted to the usual 90% or could we use, lets say 50% if we so choose, being fair to all tunes of course.
No restrictions on PL use, if you prefer to take a say a 550 PP and just slam the limiter to get say 480 PP do it.
At Max PP allowed for the challenge, regardless of how the tuner sets up weight, the limiter will have less than 10% use. Min PP can achieved by using the limiter all the way to 50%.

Sounds like an interesting challenge! I'm in for a tuner, unfortunately testing will be out of my reach until I get a handle on how much game time I will have with my new job... :cheers:
Added.
Let me know if you want to test. Remember you can test on a short track so could cut down your testing time.

@Otaliema apologies, but I am a bit confused on the transmission rules. We can leave it stock and the tester sets the final gear for top speed? Or we can tune it and offer suggestions for different PP levels or track? I'm not sure what to do for the transmission because of the power part shuffle affecting the gearing.

Love the car choice, by the way. If I can find time, I may be in. Work is killer busy right now.

@Otaliema apologies, but I am a bit confused on the transmission rules. We can leave it stock and the tester sets the final gear for top speed? Or we can tune it and offer suggestions for different PP levels or track? I'm not sure what to do for the transmission because of the power part shuffle affecting the gearing.

Love the car choice, by the way. If I can find time, I may be in. Work is killer busy right now.
No worries I worded it weird on re read.
You can
A: Just install a custom Transmission and the resets the transmission and sets the top speed slider for the track/PP they have.
B: Tune a transmission. The tester will than adjust the final to the track/PP they have. The link takes you to advanced transmission tuning which has instructions for building a full RPM range transmission.
C: leave the transmission stick and the tester simply resets it to adjust the gears for the RPM.

Thank you. :bow: Ahall I mark you down for tuner tentative?

No worries I worded it weird on re read.
You can
A: Just install a custom Transmission and the resets the transmission and sets the top speed slider for the track/PP they have.
B: Tune a transmission. The tester will than adjust the final to the track/PP they have. The link takes you to advanced transmission tuning which has instructions for building a full RPM range transmission.
C: leave the transmission stick and the tester simply resets it to adjust the gears for the RPM.

Thank you. :bow: Ahall I mark you down for tuner tentative?
you can only adjust the top speed and the final gear on the transmission is that right, because l am also trying to understand the rules.

For transmission, I found it best to set the initially used final gear and top speed, then compare the available gear range for full power parts and no power parts. This gives the actual available gear ranges for the challenge parameters.

Edit: For crude numbers, final gear max, top speed min.
First gear range no power parts 2.000-3.000
First gear range full power parts 2.500-3.500
Available range for First gear 2.500-3.000

I don't know if my numbers are the right order but I think it should be clear enough.

Edit 2: This would be option B that @Otaliema was taking about.

Last edited:
Back