FITT American Classics Shootout - Winners announced! Congrats NEWDRIVER2 and Motor City Hami!

@DigitalBaka. In the OP you put me under tuners instead of testers. While I certainly would love to participate as a tuner someday I don't think I'm quite there yet. I'll start out testing some fabulous cars and learning

DB, you've got me in the tuners and not the testers as well. I will definitely be a tester, so you can add me to that list. Still 50/50 if I'll be able to put a tune together, but if I have time and can come up with something I'm happy with by the deadline I will.

@DigitalBaka. In the OP you put me under tuners instead of testers. While I certainly would love to participate as a tuner someday I don't think I'm quite there yet. I'll start out testing some fabulous cars and learning
My bad! I was doing eerything from my phone last night. Too 🤬 cold to go to the computer in the basement!
DB, you've got me in the tuners and not the testers as well. I will definitely be a tester, so you can add me to that list. Still 50/50 if I'll be able to put a tune together, but if I have time and can come up with something I'm happy with by the deadline I will.

I'll fix you up today as well.
All Vettes are banned? No 50's Vette for me then :( :dopey:

Let's double check with the folk that tested them out. @XDesperado67 @jtqmopar Is it all the Vettes or just the C3s? I imagine the C1 is not going to be a "threat" so to speak. :P

Only tested the premium C3 convertible for this so can't say on the other pre '80s Corvettes. Past experience messing with the '54??? vette is that it most likely will be a bit slow.:drool:

Updates! Only 3 cars are now banned instead of all the Vettes, @luv2drive and @backnfourth added to testers and I changed the event title to American classics so we can throw that debate out the window. :D

An excellent point, done! Sitting at work I tend to forget to go through the details. I've also added a bullet to tune with an oil change. As has been pointed out this will help tune builds match up more easily for testing. Nobody will be gaining or losing unexpected HP/PP.

:lol: You Brazilians are fast at everything! :D:tup: I remember @praiano63 was always the first to post his tunes in the GT5 events. Can't wait to see everyone start to roll them in!

Let's double check with the folk that tested them out. @XDesperado67 @jtqmopar Is it all the Vettes or just the C3s? I imagine the C1 is not going to be a "threat" so to speak. :P

I've only tested a few cars, and none of them were vettes. The only reason I said anything about the Shelby was because it was faster around 500PP with era-correct transmissions on stock suspension in a drag race. Cornering might be different though.

Final Tune

Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71

AvxNKB2.png

Stats:

500PP
375HP
420ft-lb
1293KG

Suspension:
Ride Height:71/71
Spring Rate: 8.42/7.38
Compression:7/7
Extension:5/6
Anti Roll Bars:4/3

Camber Angle:0/0.2
Toe Angle:-0.01/0.04

Brakes:4/5

LSD:
Initial Torque: 26
Acceleration Sensitivity: 12
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Aero:
Downforce: 20

Transmission:
Set to Max: 143 MPH
5: 0.880

Installed Parts
*Racing Brakes
*Triple Clutch
*Carbon Drive Shaft
Power
*Sports Computer
*Semi-Racing Exhaust
*Catalytic Converter-Sports
*Intake Tuning
Body
*Stage 3 Weight Reduction
*Carbon Hoody
*Window Weight Reduction

Best Time:
1:35.362

Last edited:
I wonder if the cars will be raffled or criterion is the tuners, such Tuner choose one, the other can not repeat raffled car:idea::confused: can occur all the same car tuners choose

I have a room up tuning for this event if anybody wants to join:
1472-6399-8408-2427-6851

Last edited:
You can put me down for tuner and tester. It should be a fun experience and help me understand the cars better.

I want to be a tester :)

When can i test?
You can start after all the tunes are posted, which should be no later than the 19th. Generally most tunes are posted a few days before the deadline so you can start building them as ou see them. Just be aware in case any tunes are updated before the deadline since we can't share them online yet as we usually do.

I wonder if the cars will be raffled or criterion is the tuners, such Tuner choose one, the other can not repeat raffled car:idea::confused: can occur all the same car tuners choose
We've had some events in the past where we restricted to two of the same car and Hami did the one by secret lottery, which was fun. We may bring back that format for a few events but for this one we'll stick to letting the tuners choose freely.

in a somewhat tragic but not unexpected turn of events my controller has started it's death throws, it's a PS3 SA so it's a gen one, it made a good haul. I'll get a new in a couple weeks but it's proving a problem with testing the tunes i can't control the car worth a hoot.
Can I request some test driving assistance with my car as I can't come close to pushing them hard enough with out the use of srf tc abs, and that doen't give a good test IMO.

Last edited:
@DigitalBaka, just a clarification so that I don't make a false assumption... Is it ONLY the convertible '69 Corvette that is banned? So the Stingray '69 is still allowed?

Here is my tune. I`m 1:34.8xx offline with it.
Good luck to everybody. ><(((((°>°°°°°

FORD MUSTANG MACH 1 `71 // 500PP // SPORT HARD

SPECIAL MUSCLE SHOOTOUT TUNE.

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

@DigitalBaka, just a clarification so that I don't make a false assumption... Is it ONLY the convertible '69 Corvette that is banned? So the Stingray '69 is still allowed?
Yes, should be only the premium convertible. I believe there is also a L46983459834759347594357-something that should be eligible.

Why, why, why PD? Why do you make the car with the worst power to weight ratio the best handling car of the bunch? This just frustrates me. I built pretty much all of the cars and decided to test the top six based upon power to weight ratio. Then on a fluke I decided to test the one sitting on the bottom of the list.

It would appear that math is not something that PD pays much attention to. It seems that they just like certain cars and just make them drive better? I don't get it.

Back