FITT American Classics Shootout - Winners announced! Congrats NEWDRIVER2 and Motor City Hami!

I'm not going to be testing after all. I just don't feel the urge to test. Probably because my car kept pissing me off during the whole tuning phase

excuse me but nothing appears already updated the google nothing

Top left underneath the title there is two tabs. One says Super Muscle, second says Standard Classics.

Now the list of testers looks like this then:
  • jtqmopar
  • Ronald6
  • iainoflo85
  • lilcat89
  • Motor City Hami
  • Alexd1345
  • biffa3
  • luv2drive
  • GTPMcBride
  • DaBomm4
@lilcat89 @Alexd1345 @luv2drive @GTPMcBride are you still going to test for this shootout - you have 24hrs.

If you can test the group of cars that you've selected before the deadline then I don't see where the problem is.
Indeed. If you can complete the group go ahead.

I will be updating the results sheet in a bit. Need to take care of quite a few housekeeping things that my house hunt has kept me from the last few days.

@Motor City Hami My best to your family, my friend.

Well, barring any really last minute results it looks like we have our winners. Thank you to all the participants and congratulations to the winners below! Hopefully the rough patches we encountered this time will make things smoother for upcoming events.

Super Muscle Lap Time Winners
Standard Classics Lap Time Winners
Super Muscle Driver's Choice Winners
Standard Classics Driver's Choice Winners

Well finishing in the top half less than half a second behind 1st place makes me very happy with "Jose's Hauler". Had serious doubts that it could keep up a respectable pace so count this as a win.:D

Congratulations to the top tuners and a big thank you to the Test Drivers who make these events possible!:cheers::gtpflag:

Hmmmm, both Super and Standard first place for both time and DC are the same.
Congratulations to NewDriver2 and MCH.
Those were my picks too.

I bowed out of the tester ranks because of the obnoxious attitude of one tuner. But I built and tested, Hami's Gt is awesome.

Congrats to Hami for the GT40 result,this car nedeed an own class. I just hope i could fight against the Camaro Z28 using 1.04 brakes on my car, so the results of the super group are logic.
Congrats to Newdriver with the cuda six barrel and the very nice build for the standart group.
I hope i´ll do better for the next shootout.
Congrats to the testers too, good job.

Well done @Motor City Hami! Definitely going to add that car to my garage.

Many thanks to @DigitalBaka for organising the event and to all the testers and fellow tuners who made it possible. I really enjoyed being a part of this and I learned a thing or two too. Can't wait for the next one!

Congrats for all of us , it was a great shootout 👍.
Thank you very much "Tester" for the review of our cars and your time to test it 👍.
Thank you DB for the first shootout in GT6 👍

ND

Great job ND^^
Wow, MotorCity is on top too, who woulda guessed? LOL
And the rest of you winners, great job^^

Thank you to the testers :)
Thank you to the tuners :)
Thank you to the FITT officers :)

Good job everyone, we were all within a 3 and 1/2 second gap, so NOONE lost, lol. We all kick major a$$ :)

Grats to everyone involved and the winners !
'hope the 1.05 won't break next challenge, should we prepare and wait for it ?

Congratulations @Motor City Hami and @NEWDRIVER2 for the wins, and great work to everyone else who tuned, and very big thank you to the testers who drove the cars for us.
My C3 did way better than I thought it would very surprised with its performance.
I will be creating updated tunes on both cars with the feedback from the testers.
I look forward to the next challeng.

Thanks for hosting @DigitalBaka . And thanks to all of the test drivers. Great reviews all around.

It is cool to see some new to FITT tuners on the podium. Nice work.

And congrats to @NEWDRIVER2 for his ride. Very well done.

As for the results, I really think we had three classes, GT40, Super and Classic. So in my opinion, the Super Group podium should really look like this.

Lap times:
@ACSR421 - Camaro
@JackWilson - Camaro
@praiano63 - Mach 1

Driver's choice:
@ACSR421 - Camaro
@JackWilson - Camaro
And a three way time for 3rd with all of the Mach 1s

Sorry that I did not get to test. I will for sure be cracking open a few of these tunes in an effort to keep learning.

Congrats to Hami for the GT40 result,this car nedeed an own class. I just hope i could fight against the Camaro Z28 using 1.04 brakes on my car, so the results of the super group are logic.
Congrats to Newdriver with the cuda six barrel and the very nice build for the standart group.
I hope i´ll do better for the next shootout.
Congrats to the testers too, good job.
I would be very interested to see what difference the brake settings make to your tune. If any testers have the time would you be willing to use Mr. Fish's update settings for 1.04 and post results? If you can run a quick comparison that would be great.

Again, congrats to everyone that submitted a tune and ran the cars. Hopefully this will provide some valuable data to tuners as we try to figure out how all the new physics works.

Congrats to MCH and Newdriver for their clean sweeps. Some good cars in this contest that i've already used in career mode for various events. Good to see a lot of new tuners too.

The only critique I would have is that, being this is a tuner challenge, maybe there should be spec or somewhat spec cars. After all, a good tune on a lesser car still won't lap better than a good tune on a better car. I'm still extremely pleased with the outcome and no complaints about it at all.

Still...4th...damn :D!

Congratulations on the wins @NEWDRIVER2 and @Motor City Hami!

Thank you testers for putting up with my Chevy no go... I apologize if I caused you to pull out your hair in rage trying to post a quick lap around Laguna. I understood that tuning for speed would cause the car to have a coarseness unless gradual input was used. I know during v1.03 the Nova provided fairly consistently laps. I'll need to revisit the tune post v1.04 and find out what changed.

Congratulations to the winners and all those involved, I think everyone did great considering the obstacles and difficulties encountered along the way.
@Theo777 Yeah we sure picked a cruel car to subject them to, I'm surprised no one had to pull out due to sea sickness! lol I wish I hadn't been operating under the assumption that camber was working, I set it back to 0.0 on both ends for a test and the car felt a lot more stable and predictable. I figured this out shortly after I'd posted my tune so decided that it would be unfair to adjust it, you can't change your bet once the cards are on the table so to speak.

Great fun, everyone seems nice enough, can't wait until the next one

Thanks to everyone involved in the first FITT Shootout for GT6. Things should only get smoother from here and @DigitalBaka you did a great job making sure the contest continued on.👍👍
I look forward to seeing everyone at the next one.:cheers:

Edit: @iainoflo85 and @biffa3 thanks for testing and the review of my car.:cool:

Last edited:
Back