FITT American Classics Shootout - Winners announced! Congrats NEWDRIVER2 and Motor City Hami!

I read in the news feed on GTPlanet that PD follows a Japanese philosophy (cannot remember name) where one person owns the craftsmanship. So, each car is assigned one programmer to build from start to finish. This could be the difference in performance?
That could do it. sorta like us tuners. everyone of builds just a little differant than the others, they are all faster than stock but some are faster than others.

I read in the news feed on GTPlanet that PD follows a Japanese philosophy (cannot remember name) where one person owns the craftsmanship. So, each car is assigned one programmer to build from start to finish. This could be the difference in performance?
It means that some of the PD people have a lot to share with us. The Mclaren MP4 is a master tuner and programmer. I can say this ! He must be the same as the Volkswagen Nardo. In my humble opinion.

Last edited:
PD seems to give some cars an advantage they shouldn't have which is where the supercar group came from. I think it's what i call favoritism. They like a particular car so they make it a little better than it should be or they don't like a particular car and make a little worse than it should be.
Who know whats going through the minds of the programers at PD.
Blablabla. I 100% garanty the two setups are interchangeable.

That's the same car, same year, same motor, same everything but roof and floor. One should have +10kg on top -20kg on floor, the other -10kg top, +20kg floor.

A quick mention to @praiano63 who has been a great sport in keeping in a tune optimized for a different game version. I hope you and the rest of the tuners can understand my thoughts on not allowing changes though they may have improved performance. :embarrassed:
I don't know why you make a special mention of his case, I hope everyone changed nothing because I did not. My C3 got crap 2/2 brakes too, I was the one to ask you if you permited to change this, result 0.7 behind everyone there I think I shouldn't be last at least.

I'm eagerly waiting the next competition. I hope there will be no patch in the middle.

Last edited:
@BlueShift they are not the same sadly, I checked on them, don't have the game loaded right at the moment, but I do recall that the convertible is 51 hp less and 10kg heavier I think the rpm range and torque are different as well.
There is just something different about the car that makes it faster than the normal c3.

I have both of them built for 550pp, I use the hardtop a lot because I think it looks better, lol.
the cars on my tuning tracks are like 5+ second difference. They are like 2 different vettes.

Doesnt matter to me though, i only use them to grind and both of them easily blow AI out of the water. But if I was online vs. Real people, id use the convertible.

Certain things can be chalked up to me not being the best driver in the world, but this isnt one of them.

Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel'70
500pp Sports hard tires. OFFLINE AND ONLINE
Tuned for (FITT American Classics Shootout)

wly3.jpg

Date Acquired 21/12/2013
Wheel : stock
Paint : GT POLARIZED 004-P
Oil change,car wash
Distance Driven 373.8 Miles
Displacement 5,563 cc
Performance points = 500
Max. Power = 441 BHP / 5,300 rpm
Max. Torque = 65.9 Kgfm / 4,200 rpm
Drivetrain = FR
Weight = 1,471 kg
Weight dis = 50/50
Power/weight = 3.33 KG/BHP
Power Limiter = 96.6 %

ABS= 1 ONLY NO ANOTHER SETUP

Parts :

Suspension Height-Adjustable , Fully-customization
Race brakes Kit
Transmission Fully customizable
LSD kit
Triple plate clutch Kit
Carbon Propeller shaft
Engine Stage 1
Sports computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter:Sports
Intake Tuning
Weight stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction
Keep rims standard size
Sports hard tires

Suspension:

Height= 115/115
Springs= 7.50/9.00
Dampers(c)= 6/3
Dampers(e)= 5/6
Anti roll bars= 4/5
Camber= 0.4/0.6
Toe angle= -0.16/0.10
Brakes= 5/6

LSD= 18/10/12

Ballast= 195Kg @ +50
Set power limiter to 96.6% then setup the transmission

Transmission:

Max. Speed 149mph
Default Final gear 3.910

Gears;
1= 3.496
2= 2.344
3= 1.693
4= 1.292
5= 1.041

Final gear again to 3.650

nv2a.jpg

Tuned for Luguna Seca
If you want to drive it online on NURB RING adjust the final gear TO 3.550.
This is not the fastest car but i really having fun driving it .
Thank you and Good Luck to all , thank you DB for the first shootout in GT6 👍

ND

Love your setup in the car.
Thanks, man.

Hello, I just wanted to start with saying that testing all of the cars was a fun and eye opening experience into the tuning world.
This is my complete test for the standard group and it is not in any special order. Tested with DS3 and only abs=1.

Standard Group
Murcury Cougar XR-7 '67 tuned by Snake55wildcat
The car doesn't roll as much but it still is about as loose as stock. I also feel that the transmission is a little close over all. 1:43.505
Driver's Choice = 4

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 '69 tuned by Otaliema
The car feels very tight, but there is a lot of power wanting to break the rear loose still. I like the tune a little better than stock. 1:42.936
DC 5

Chevrolet Camaro SS '69 tuned by demonchilde
The whole car feels extremely stiff and doesn't want to turn unless you drift the corners, and can become unstable on the straight. Racing this car is like the hare and the tortoise, try to be fast and you loose it, be slow and she will be steadier. 1:44.461
DC 4

Nova SS '70 tuned by Theo777
The front feels a little too stiff and the rear feels a little too soft, push the car too much and it understeers with throttle control. Power oversteer correction is good. 1:41.986
DC 7

Nova SS '70 tuned by DolHaus
Transmission feels close and all this car wants to do is understeer. She is stable and wants to be fast tho. 1:43.406
DC 7

Superbird '70 tuned by krenkme
Understeers some and gears feel a little close. 1:45.862
DC 6

Superbird '70 tuned by DaBomm4
Brakes SUCK, the transmission is too close as a whole and there is more understeer than krenkme. You really should fix your tune. 1:44.281
DC 6

Shelby GT350 '65 tuned by BlueShift
Coasting and braking understeer, power oversteer and feels stiff. 1:44.008
DC 6

Shelby GT350R '65 tuned by PKS 80
Understeers some, feels stiff and hard to get good throttle control. 1:43.271
DC 5

El Camino SS 396 '67 tuned by ugabugaz
The back feels light and soft, front feels stiff and she does not want to go straight. A controlled drift on a corner can be done but even harder to get straight afterwords. 1:44.051
DC 4

El Camino SS 396 '67 tuned by XDesperado67
The whole car feels too stiff. You are right with the throttle control but i think allowing some more weight transfer would help the car some. 1:43.204
DC 5

AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70 tuned by JTQmopar
Understeers a little and throttle control can be difficult sometimes. 1:44.272
DC 6

AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70 tuned by Motor City Hami
Feels well planted but the brakes pull a little. Second gear corners are a little tough to get on the throttle just right. 1:42.127
DC 7

AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70 tuned by NEWDRIVER2
Feels very good with a hint of understeer. Easy to push around the track. 1:41.925
DC 8

Challenger R/T '70 tuned by JackWilson
The front feels very stiff and the rear feels loose. The car does not want to drive straight. 1:42.826
DC 5

Challenger R/T '70 tuned by Voodoovaj
Understeers more than stock and feels slower than stock. 1:42.511
DC 5

Edit: Finished Standard Group tests

Last edited:
Thanks for the effort
I still have the weekend to get better and test the AAR Cuda and Challenger. And i am feeling better today thanks to managing to eat some food and Young Living Essential Oils products. It can be very surprising how effective pure oils from plants can be for healing and healthy living.

I still have the weekend to get better and test the AAR Cuda and Challenger. And i am feeling better today thanks to managing to eat some food and Young Living Essential Oils products. It can be very surprising how effective pure oils from plants can be for healing and healthy living.
What ever helps, I wish you a speedy recovery

@DaBomm4 Thanks for the feedback on the tune. Glad to hear you getting better, Plant and fish oils are great at helping recover a cold :) don't forget the goodness of chicken broth, tons of vitamins and some fat to help keep the energy up and it's very easy on the tummy if your happens to be upset.

Build them both then set a lap time with each. Then report back on how they drive exactly the same.
First part of the result, the Convertible for tomorow.

Non convertible :
Otaliema setup - 1'42.429 (17 laps, maybe room for improvements but I need training, the car is way too far my kind of driving :/)
Blueshift setup - 1'43.202 (4 or 5th lap on +/-15 laps) until I realised I left TCS 5...
A quick 8-10 laps gave me 1'42.144 with a no major error lap.

Adaptation made for my tune to fit in the car + PP regulations :
- no front aero kit (doh !)
- no personalized aero kit (double doh !)
- max rear spring couldn't fit so I removed +/-7% in both springs
- power limiter @89.3 to fit the 500PP
- Messing around so I could have the same gearbox ratio.

Important remark on the Otaliema setup : I noticed smoke with no red tires... That mean your 3kg spring is not stiff enough and the tire hit the ride especially in turn 1 and last L...
Your gearbox is remarquable, mine is crap :) Braking is too strong in front on yours, mine is not enough strong but not as bad I could imagine. Once I figured not to brake like a pig like I'm used to, it's good.
On this tune, we had opposite spirits of driving in mind. My car is set so the driver can brake hard then accel softly until he grips, your car is set so the driver carefully approach a turn, softly brake then accel hard. You also have very fast weigth transfers, to throw the car around corners, I try to block them, getting lines.
Also, stiff chassis was a bad decision imho.

Note about what I was saying : with my setup, I can recognize it very well the convertible I made at 90%-95%. This confirms for the moment what I'm saying : setups are almost interchangeable.
The notable difference is all aero is different. On the convertible I could put rear aero via a personalized kit, that don't increase the reference aera, and a front aero kit that increase floor effect. I think the 2' missing on my 1'40.301 in 1.03 on convertible missing are here. Now there's 1.03, maybe that's it.

Times are similar. I got better time because I'm used to the car. I'm not the best driver to test differences because I'm formated to my car allready, and I'm not a Laguna Seca driver. If @Otaliema test this, he will get better time on his car.

As for the adaptations, I don't know what to do for the aero of his car and the power. He will need engine parts to raise it to 500PP, I can't remove the ballast because it will break his balance. I also suppose @Otaliema would want personalized kits, rear and front as it's an advantage irl vs the ugly wings, at least for the girls. :P

Quick observation, I don't know if that is the car, the weigth /aero changing or 1.03 but most of my braking points are something like 5m before where they should be. Result of this will be tomorow, included power/torque/weigth specs, I can't set two new cars again and do 30-40 laps tonigh. Once I'll get the four cars, i'll do quick 5 laps series so we'll get more times to compare, eventually I'll get used to the car differnce and spot more accuratly the differences.

Last edited:
@BlueShift thank you on the gear box, Yah the brakes are set up to slam on them than back off and trail brake the corner, have to be easy on the accelerator if your doing that due to the very high torque set up it has.
As for the springs being soft, yeah that's my error, didn't realise just how soft they where when I posted it, take it for a "Sunday" drive and it's pretty quick.

I may not have time to test this weekend. My grandmother passed away and today/tomorrow are visitation and funeral. She got 92 and a half good years so there is nothing to be sad about.

I will check back in after the weekend. Thanks to all of the test drivers so far.

I have finished testing the standard group. It definitely has been an interesting experience being a tester for this challenge.:)

Back