FITT American Classics Shootout - Winners announced! Congrats NEWDRIVER2 and Motor City Hami!

I like how everyone's results are within a 3 second span. That's awesome consistency, and knowing some of these cars were pretty much 'designed' more for drag, that's even more impressive to those of you who chose them. (Major respect to you 2 who chose the superbirds, as they WERE meant for nothing but drag. Making them for this track and keeping them in the 3 second gap, Kudo's to you two^^)

Brake Lift Off Rotation
That's when LSD unlocks @ decel ?

I have finished the testing completely now, standard grouping testing is done.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-results-by-feb-9.296396/page-12#post-9290985
Thank you, I was worry if you felt oversteer on the C3, because the GT350 oversteers a little more. Since you gave a 6 for the C3 I expected something like a 4 or 5 :)
Rates you gaves are inline with my km on these tunes, you gave very good laptimes compared to what I did...

Thank you, I was worry if you felt oversteer on the C3, because the GT350 oversteers a little more. Since you gave a 6 for the C3 I expected something like a 4 or 5 :)
Rates you gaves are inline with my km on these tunes, you gave very good laptimes compared to what I did...

You were on DS3 and the car is very sensitive to throttle inputs, and you said yourself it could go faster with a wheel. It certainly did.

Results are in for the both groups. All cars tested for 10 laps, with a DS3 (pad not stick), Auto Transmission, all aids off except driving line and ABS 1.

Results in time order.

Super Group

@praiano63 - Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Time - 1:36:147
DC - 8
This car does exactly what you want it to. You'll need to make allowances for the brakes, but figure that out and you'll be richly rewarded. Very good through the corners and easy to get the power on.
Thanks for the test , this is what i was expecting exactly. A 1.03 car in a 1.04 contest. My low brake balance prejudicate a lot my car. I´m sure i would be able to fight against the Z28 with the brakes updated.
It´s not fair at all for my car. It´s 30% better than this and 30% represent the braking power.

Results are in for the both groups. All cars tested for 10 laps, with a DS3 (pad not stick), Auto Transmission, all aids off except driving line and ABS 1.

Results in time order.

Super Group

@Motor City Hami - Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66
Time - 1:33:572
DC - 10
Wow. 10 consistent laps of perfection. Good speed, good grip, good turn in and rotation. Only disappointment (with myself), was not getting into the 32's, as I think it's more than capable. Bravo sir.

@MrGrado - Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66
Time - 1:33:838
DC - 9.5
Was expecting to struggle with this one with there being no aero and quite high (for me) LSD figures, but boy was I wrong. Great balance to the tune made it easy all the way thorugh the corner. Tail can step out if you're on the power too early, but great car. Well done.

@iainoflo85 - Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66
Time - 1:34:176
DC - 9.5
This car loves you to be on the throttle. Excellent grip throughout the track. Good turn in and rotation. Struggled with one corner though, the sharp left hander before the uphill section to the corkscrew. Excellent tune.

@ACSR421 - Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 '69
Time - 1:34:935
DC - 9
Very nice car to drive. Easy to get on and stay on the power. Good through the corners. Would maybe benefit from better brakes.

@Otaliema - Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66
Time - 1:35:817
DC - 6
Way too loose and unpredictable for me. Understeer and oversteer both present. Good under braking. Difficult to get the power on.

@JackWilson - Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 '69
Time - 1:35:886
DC - 8
Good solid tune. Rear can get a little excited if you try to get on the power too early. Very consisent lap times.

@praiano63 - Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Time - 1:36:147
DC - 8
This car does exactly what you want it to. You'll need to make allowances for the brakes, but figure that out and you'll be richly rewarded. Very good through the corners and easy to get the power on.

@donpost - Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
Time - 1:36:268
DC - 8
Very enjoyable car to drive. Stable under braking, good through the corners. Can't remember the rear ever braking loose. Good effort.

@ugabugaz - Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Time - 1:36:613
DC - 7.5
Struggled with the oversteer here. Good turn in made corner entry very easy, but difficult to get out quickly. Stable under braking.

@xande1959 - Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Time - 1:37:190
DC - 7
Easy to get the power down. Good turn in but a bit of understeer on corner exit. Seemed to lack a bit of pace.

@BlueShift - Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69
Time - 1:38:121
DC - 5
This car likes to drift, a lot! Unfortunatley drifting doesn't lend well to fast lap times when in my hands. Wheel users will give better lap times.

Standard Group

Theo777 - Chevrolet Nova SS '70
Time - 1:37:865
DC - 10
Lovely car to drive. Predictable and fast. Stable under braking, good through the corners and easy to get the power down. Well done.

Motor City Hami - Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
Time - 1:38:253
DC - 8.5
Well balanced car and if you can hit your lines, you'll be rewarded. Not a lot of room for error though, and didn't seem to like 1st gear. Good turn in and good rotation. Stable under braking.

PKS 80 - Shelby GT350R '65
Time - 1:38:463
DC - 9
A good solid tune. A bit oversteery maybe, but good effort.

NEWDRIVER2 - Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
Time - 1:38:673
DC - 8.5
Good balance on this tune. Good turn in with a hint of oversteer. Easy to manage though. Good grip through the corner. Good effort.

Voodoovaj - Dodge Challenger R/T '70
Time - 1:38:706
DC - 8
Good turn in, good rotation. Coped well with the corkscrew and easy to catch any oversteer that presented itself.

Snake55wildcat - Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67
Time - 1:38:712
DC - 7.5
Very stable car. Good turn in, throttle control needed though as the oversteer can catch you out.

demonchilde - Chevrolet Camaro SS '69
Time - 1:38:730
DC - 7
Was a tad oversteery for me. Quite difficult to get the power down. Relatively stable under braking. Better throttle control will provide a decent lap time.

JackWilson - Dodge Challenger R/T '70
Time - 1:38:779
DC - 6
Quite easy to cook the tyres. Not easy to catch the oversteer either. Having said that, when you get the throttle control and corner entry right, it flows quite nicely.

XDesperado67 - Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67
Time - 1:38:905
DC - 7
Throttle control definately the key here, but manageable enough with a pad. Easy corner entry and good rotation.

DolHaus - Chevrolet Nova SS '70
Time - 1:38:929
DC - 7
I'll start with apologies. Couldn't put a lap together to save my life. However, the car was good, although lacked a little grip maybe, making it slower through the corners. Good effort.

jtqmopar - Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
Time - 1:38:987
DC - 7
Had some grip issues here. Predictable under braking but seemed to lose it mid to exit of the corners.

ugabugaz -Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67
Time - 1:39:048
DC - 7.5
Stable under braking. Maybe I was a little over cautious with the throttle, and felt i'd left a bit of time on the track. Couldn't put a decent lap together. My issue rather than anything to do with the car. Good effort.

Otaliema -Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69
Time - 1:39:247
DC - 5
Struggled to get a decent lap together. It can be done, but will take more skill than i've got with the pad. Too unpredictable for me, with understeer and oversteer both present. Will no doubt be good with a wheel.

BlueShift - Shelby GT350 '65
Time - 1:39:479
DC - 6
Car has potential, just need to dial out the oversteer. Good effort though.

krenkme - Plymouth Superbird '70
Time - 1:39:836
DC - 6
Nice and steady is the order of the day if you want to get round in one piece. Hits lap times unfortunatley.

DaBomm4 - Plymouth Superbird '70
Time - 1:414:253
DC - 5
Found it relatively easy to get on the power. Suffered lots of understeer though. Once you figure out your lines, a quite pleasant drive.
- thank you friend managed to improve my time, as I said before you guys testers have a fantastic job.:cheers:

Idea post;

How about, we do (after this is over) a rush-contest. We can check the GT6 website for possible updates, and then plan a 1 week total contest. 3 days to tune, 3 days to test, and the 7th day for testers final tallys done.
we could do it with simple closed rules. Like GT500 class only, oil change, and pick a track you wouldnt normally see gt500's on. Saay, 630pp, RH tires. On maybe, Apricot hill. Idk, just an example.
maybe something cheaper for testers like, only s2000 class cars.

But the closed time limit would help eliminate sudden surprise's from GT. The idea of s2000, or maybe rx7, or "4wd CARs under 110k dealer price, 480pp, or 520pp" something like that, would eliminate testers not being able to afford the cars easily.
anyway, this is just me thinking out-loud.

@DigitalBaka just noticed your score sheet has the car listing for me and @NEWDRIVER2 mixed up. Not sure if results are switched as well or not.:odd:
Nah, been entering by name so those should be fine. I probably dragged something I shouldn't have. :dunce:

Results updated from @biffa3 and @iainoflo85 . Sorry for the delay on getting DC up, been house hunting and finance makes my brain ache. I will add separate sheets for those tomorrow and work on my template for a combined sheet later.

@GTP_digitalbaka good luck with the house hunting, my wife and I will diving into that market in about 6 months our selfs. Ugg.

Just for clarity the spread sheet is showing rank based solely on average lap? And the average lap is figured out how? Sorry my brain my not be working well right at this moment, baby girl was up 19 hours solid way to long for 18 months old.

@GTP_digitalbaka good luck with the house hunting, my wife and I will diving into that market in about 6 months our selfs. Ugg.

Just for clarity the spread sheet is showing rank based solely on average lap? And the average lap is figured out how? Sorry my brain my not be working well right at this moment, baby girl was up 19 hours solid way to long for 18 months old.
Yes, just average lap time on there now. DC will be a separate thing when it's up.

I actually use a preset function to calculate the average but essentially it takes the time in seconds across the row and then divides by the number of non-blank entries. Then I did some geekery to split it into a more normal minutes and seconds display. :D

Once I get time to work on it I will create a template to have the times and DC side by side, add average times for each tester and see if I can do some conditional formatting to highlight fastest laps and such.

Yes, just average lap time on there now. DC will be a separate thing when it's up.

I actually use a preset function to calculate the average but essentially it takes the time in seconds across the row and then divides by the number of non-blank entries. Then I did some geekery to split it into a more normal minutes and seconds display. :D

Once I get time to work on it I will create a template to have the times and DC side by side, add average times for each tester and see if I can do some conditional formatting to highlight fastest laps and such.

Gotcha, that's what I thought but my brain was fried and served with pickles last night :drool:
DC shouldn't be to hard to do. Unless the preset average option allows you to set a base to average off of it will need to be a manual formula. count non blank cell range(s)*10/sum of cell range(s) for DC or is it the other way around :boggled: PITA to write easy to use. just set cell values as absolute and your good. just add in the additional cell ranges for later comps if we have more testers/tuners.

A few of us had built and driven most of the cars and provided feedback to DB.
Well I made poor choices in choosing my cars... I'm last of super muscle and the only one with a Corvette there to compare :/
The only thing that console me is this one is still in front of the non-convertible corvette (by mean times), which is second in her group, so there's a logic => I think we should all tune the same car.
I find strange that one corvette is in muscle group and the other is in super muscle.
It's basically the same car but for the center of mass and as all convertible, she should be heavier than the non-convertible version.

Well I made poor choices in choosing my cars... I'm last of super muscle and the only one with a Corvette there to compare :/
The only thing that console me is this one is still in front of the non-convertible corvette (by mean times), which is second in her group, so there's a logic => I think we should all tune the same car.
I find strange that one corvette is in muscle group and the other is in super muscle.
It's basically the same car but for the center of mass and as all convertible, she should be heavier than the non-convertible version.

It makes zero logical sense that the two Corvettes would be that different. The same for the Camaro and Camaro Z28. PD programming make little sense. Compare power to weight and the Mustang Mach I should be the slowest car in the entire group. But it is not slowest.

It makes zero logical sense that the two Corvettes would be that different. The same for the Camaro and Camaro Z28. PD programming make little sense. Compare power to weight and the Mustang Mach I should be the slowest car in the entire group. But it is not slowest.
Well then why one C3 is in one group and the other in the second group ?
Because one is an evolved version ?
As for Mustangs, GT350 / GT350R, kind of ?

I don't really understand why for you PD is at fault there ?

@DigitalBaka on what standards did you set the standard class vs the super class ?
We can see the cars are quite grouped with the one of their kind.
A few of us had built and driven most of the cars and provided feedback to DB.
This. We normally don't split up the cars in this fashion. Usually what ends up happening is the outliers get banned from the competition but in this case one was already tuned. Rather than make @MrGrado tune something else we decided to split off a small group of "overperformers" based off the feedback I got from folks who spend much more time driving than I. :)

Nobody should feel bad if they are not up at the top of the rankings. Yes we're all competitive but the major take away from these events should be the learning. These events gather a like group of cars at the same requirements and put them against each other. You can easily see the difference in tunes and performance over different driving styles. Look at the ones that are fast or consistent and see if you can learn what is different and how it affected each car.

A quick mention to @praiano63 who has been a great sport in keeping in a tune optimized for a different game version. I hope you and the rest of the tuners can understand my thoughts on not allowing changes though they may have improved performance. :embarrassed:

A quick mention to @praiano63 who has been a great sport in keeping in a tune optimized for a different game version. I hope you and the rest of the tuners can understand my thoughts on not allowing changes though they may have improved performance. :embarrassed:
I do. I might grumble a bit but I'll live :) My C3 which I thought was negitivly impacted, it wasn't. I think I was seeing a problem that wasn't there sorry for the fuss :scared:

Well then why one C3 is in one group and the other in the second group ?
Because one is an evolved version ?
As for Mustangs, GT350 / GT350R, kind of ?

I don't really understand why for you PD is at fault there ?
PD seems to give some cars an advantage they shouldn't have which is where the supercar group came from. I think it's what i call favoritism. They like a particular car so they make it a little better than it should be or they don't like a particular car and make a little worse than it should be.
Who know whats going through the minds of the programers at PD.

In defence of PD (don't say that often!), it's very hard bordering on impossible to give each car an accurate rating when you consider the huge range of variables involved. I don't think they deliberately made certain cars better.

Saying that Forza does a much better job, although even then you get so called "leaderboard" cars which are noticeably better than other cars of the same rating.

I read in the news feed on GTPlanet that PD follows a Japanese philosophy (cannot remember name) where one person owns the craftsmanship. So, each car is assigned one programmer to build from start to finish. This could be the difference in performance?

Back