FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

British Invasion
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Jaguar XKR-S '11
Track(s):
Silverstone GP

Each tune was chosen at random. With the help of my son, they were built without me knowing who the tuner was. I guessed more wrong than right, but I got a couple! I ran each car for 2 sets of 5 laps.

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

@787bcgr
XKR-S
Time: 2:01.326
DC Score: 8.1
Review: A little tail wiggle on accel, but the biggest issue was going tight at corner entry. Don't force this car down to the apex and it will be ok.
image.jpg

@Bowtie-muscle
XKR-S
Time: 2:01.270
DC Score: 8.2
Review: Snug, not tight, on the turns. But you could really feel and see the car misbehaving when swinging from left/right or right/left through the chicanes. I usually would point to either the Initial Torque or the sway bars, but the numbers seem ok to me?
image.jpg

@DolHaus
XKR-S
Time: 1:59.553
DC Score: 10.0
Review: Um...not much to say :bowdown:
I wanted to get into the Xmas spirit, be a Scrooge, and not hand out 10's as much for these reviews, but this tune deserves it.
image.jpg

@Motor City Hami
DB9
Time: 2:01.603
DC Score: 8.8
Review: 1 of the tunes I guessed...transmission and TOE settings gave it away! This car had the best rotation, but it came at a price. The front end couldn't handle the corner entry speed and the rear had a mind of its own on accel. I would not want this car for an endurance race because I had smoke following me for most of the lap. The chicanes on the backstretch, amazing to zip through...this car is fun!
image.jpg

@Otaliema
XKR-S
Time: 2:00.467
DC Score: 9.0
Review: Nice transmission... I found something similar on my FITT BTCC Ford. It helps reduce wheel spin on cars with high torque, but it hurts the braking zone. Doesn't seem to woah up like expected. But the corner exit was great and it handled really well.
image.jpg

@shaunm80
DB9
Time: 2:02.534
DC Score: 8.0
Review: Another solid tune! Maybe a little too safe though. I couldn't throw this car down into the turns and I had to wait longer than most other tunes to hit the throttle. A great tune for most people to use.
image.jpg

@sinof1337
XKR-S
Time: 2:00.241
DC Score: 9.5
Review: Great tune! Had the lead until Tuner 7 stepped up(Dolhaus). I was very impressed by this car. The only thing keeping it from the top spot was it being snug at mid corner...so close. Nice job.
image.jpg

@xande1959
DB9
Time: 2:01.234
DC Score: 9.2
Review: For me, this was the best handling DB9. Drive it safe or throw this thing down into the turns...it didn't matter. It can go snug at mid corner, but tap the e brake and it rotated just fine. I felt really confident in this car, very nicely done!
image.jpg

The Jag did seem to have the upper hand in this challenge, but great job everyone!! Now I understand why there is a call for breaking the scores down even more because the tuners are getting so good, scoring them is tougher every challenge.

Last edited:
British Invasion
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Jaguar XKR-S '11
Track(s):
Silverstone GP

Each tune was chosen at random. With the help of my son, they were built without me knowing who the tuner was. I guessed more wrong than right, but I got a couple! I ran each car for 2 sets of 5 laps.

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

@787bcgr
XKR-S
Time: 2:01.326
DC Score: 8.1
Review: A little tail wiggle on accel, but the biggest issue was going tight at corner entry. Don't force this car down to the apex and it will be ok.
View attachment 268223

@Bowtie-muscle
XKR-S
Time: 2:01.270
DC Score: 8.2
Review: Snug, not tight, on the turns. But you could really feel and see the car misbehaving when swinging from left/right or right/left through the chicanes. I usually would point to either the Initial Torque or the sway bars, but the numbers seem ok to me?
View attachment 268224

@DolHaus
XKR-S
Time: 1:59.553
DC Score: 10.0
Review: Um...not much to say
I wanted to get into the Xmas spirit, be a Scrooge, and not hand out 10's as much for these reviews, but this tune deserves it.
View attachment 268225

@Motor City Hami
DB9
Time: 2:01.603
DC Score: 8.8
Review: 1 of the tunes I guessed...transmission and TOE settings gave it away! This car had the best rotation, but it came at a price. The front end couldn't handle the corner entry speed and the rear had a mind of its own on accel. I would not want this car for an endurance race because I had smoke following me for most of the lap. The chicanes on the backstretch, amazing to zip through...this car is fun!
View attachment 268226

@Otaliema
XKR-S
Time: 2:00.467
DC Score: 9.0
Review: Nice transmission... I found something similar on my FITT BTCC Ford. It helps reduce wheel spin on cars with high torque, but it hurts the braking zone. Doesn't seem to woah up like expected. But the corner exit was great and it handled really well.
View attachment 268227

@shaunm80
DB9
Time: 2:02.534
DC Score: 8.0
Review: Another solid tune! Maybe a little too safe though. I couldn't throw this car down into the turns and I had to wait longer than most other tunes to hit the throttle. A great tune for most people to use.
View attachment 268228

@sinof1337
XKR-S
Time: 2:00.241
DC Score: 9.5
Review: Great tune! Had the lead until Tuner 7 stepped up(Dolhaus). I was very impressed by this car. The only thing keeping it from the top spot was it being snug at mid corner...so close. Nice job.
View attachment 268229

@xande1959
DB9
Review: For me, this was the best handling DB9. Drive it safe or throw this thing down into the turns...it didn't matter. It can go snug at mid corner, but tap the e brake and it rotated just fine. I felt really confident in this car, very nicely done!
View attachment 268230

The Jag did seem to have the upper hand in this challenge, but great job everyone!! Now I understand why there is a call for breaking the scores down even more because the tuners are getting so good, scoring them is tougher every challenge.
Awesome job out of you, thank you for testing and for the great reviews, now for my tune, snug? Yeah I know, needed more rear rotation, but switching back and forth??? I must just have used a different line but I trust your review and opinion. Rear springs upped would likely solve most issues pointed out, not a bad tune, fast when right, but no where near the top three.
Blind testing, did you like? I think we should do more of it, what is your opinion?

Awesome job out of you, thank you for testing and for the great reviews, now for my tune, snug? Yeah I know, needed more rear rotation, but switching back and forth??? I must just have used a different line but I trust your review and opinion. Rear springs upped would likely solve most issues pointed out, not a bad tune, fast when right, but no where near the top three.
Blind testing, did you like? I think we should do more of it, what is your opinion?
To be honest I couldn't understand it either. It didn't show up in all the turns, just through the chicanes, it seemed sluggish shifting from side to side. That usually says too high Initial to me, but it's not that. I'm lost as to what it could be. Others might be able to suggest something.
Blind testing is fun and I would say that for most challenges, tuners should PM their tunes to the host and they could post it in a standard format....since we can't borrow. As if the host doesn't do enough already...

My tune was what it was, middle of the pack and rear springs to soft may be the cause.

As for Blind Testing, I don't think it would be too much extra work. As I have stated, if a standardized template (similar to what I use is used) Copy/paste and edit is all that is needed. I will be trying to do more testing this way and think it might make for more fun challenges in the future.

Again, THANKS MAN:tup: for testing, your time was only .008 behind mine.

For anyone interested in the template, here it is:
(it can easily be edited to make it easier to use/read if need be, IF I was to host again and use blind testing, this is what would get used. And suggestions on changes welcome!)

TEMPLATE ONLY
PP:
HP:
WEIGHT:
WEIGHT DIST:
TIRE(S):
OIL CHANGE -

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // BRAKES: Racing
RIDE HEIGHT -
SPRINGS -
COMP -
EXT -
ARB -
CAMBER -
TOE -
BRAKES -

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
- // TOP SPEED TO -
1ST -
2ND -
3RD -
4TH -
5TH -
6TH -
7TH -
FINAL -

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL -
ACCEL -
DECEL -

CLUTCH TYPE:
CARBON SHAFT:
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: n/a

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Standard
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Standard
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO -
POWER LIMITER -

WEIGHT REDUCTION -
CARBON HOOD - Standard
WINDOW WEIGHT - Standard

BALLAST -
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE:

@xande1959
DB9

- splendid work, fantastic graphics, you guys testers increasingly evolving in all senses and with it all collaborating with tuners, congratulate Mr.:bowdown::cheers:👍

- I congratulate all thank you

Thank you on the review, yeah the tail grip was too high so t was fighting the nose most of the time, never noticed that on the transmission causing longer breaking zones, I suppose it would only really get you in the second gear turns which is when you need it I suppose yeah?

Thank you on the review, yeah the tail grip was too high so t was fighting the nose most of the time, never noticed that on the transmission causing longer breaking zones, I suppose it would only really get you in the second gear turns which is when you need it I suppose yeah?
Are you manual or automatic transmission? I'm wondering if it's an auto thing.

Hi all

Managed to finally find some time to test. Here are my results for the Pro Touring GT class. Hopefully won't shake the podiums up too much. Some great cars produced here. Found Silverstone to be quite a technical track, and I had to adjust quite a bit to ensure good sector times.

As usual, all tunes tested for 10 laps, using DS3 (x throttle, square brake), auto transmission and all aids off except ABS1 and driving line.(Also tried controller sensitivity at 5 to see if I could match @Lionheart2113).

Posted as per tuner post.

@787bcgr
Time - 2:02:053
DC - 7
Some lift off understeer, then oversteer in 2nd gear. Was a good drive though.

@Bowtie-muscle
Time - 2:01:112
DC - 8.5
Struggled a little with understeer. You will need to hit your mark as it's quite unforgiving. Laps 3(2:01:580) and 4(2:01:112) were the ones I managed to hook up but struggled for rhythm after that trying to push for a quicker time.

@DolHaus
Time - 2:00:606
DC - 8
Found it fairly unforgiving, although quick. Locks up the brakes if you try to go too deep. Found some over rotation in the slower corners.

@Motor City Hami
Time - 2:02:108
DC - 8
As mad as a box of frogs. Great car to throw around the track, but too much smoke to set a competetive lap time.

@Otaliema
Time - 2:01:052
DC - 9
Good solid tune. Stable under braking with good turn in. A little throtte control required out of the slower corners. Good effort.

@shaunm80
Time - 2:02:751
DC - 7.5
Having to manage the tail through the slower sections cost lap time with this one. Good under braking with good turn in and rotation.

@sinof1337
Time - 2:01:057
DC - 9.5
Well balanced tune that was easy to run consistent laps in. Only 1 of the 10 was outside 2:01:3. Well done.

@xande1959
Time - 2:01:827
DC - 8.5
Nice tune with a hint of understeer and some throttle control required on exit. Quickest of the Aston's for me. Good effort.

Hi all

Managed to finally find some time to test. Here are my results for the Pro Touring GT class. Hopefully won't shake the podiums up too much. Some great cars produced here. Found Silverstone to be quite a technical track, and I had to adjust quite a bit to ensure good sector times.

As usual, all tunes tested for 10 laps, using DS3 (x throttle, square brake), auto transmission and all aids off except ABS1 and driving line.(Also tried controller sensitivity at 5 to see if I could match @Lionheart2113).

@787bcgr
DC - 7

@Bowtie-muscle
DC - 8.5
Struggled a little with understeer. You will need to hit your mark as it's quite unforgiving. Laps 3(2:01:580) and 4(2:01:112) were the ones I managed to hook up but struggled for rhythm after that trying to push for a quicker time.

@DolHaus
DC - 8
Found it fairly unforgiving, although quick. Locks up the brakes if you try to go too deep. Found some over rotation in the slower corners.

@Motor City Hami
DC - 8
As mad as a box of frogs. Great car to throw around the track, but too much smoke to set a competetive lap time.

@Otaliema
DC - 9
Good solid tune. Stable under braking with good turn in. A little throtte control required out of the slower corners. Good effort.

@shaunm80
DC - 7.5
Having to manage the tail through the slower sections cost lap time with this one. Good under braking with good turn in and rotation.

@sinof1337
DC - 9.5
Well balanced tune that was easy to run consistent laps in. Only 1 of the 10 was outside 2:01:3. Well done.

@xande1959
DC - 8.5
Nice tune with a hint of understeer and some throttle control required on exit. Quickest of the Aston's for me. Good effort.
Thank you very much for testing and for another fantastic time :cheers:
You were very consistent with everyone's cars so great job there 👍

@shaunm80
DC - 7.5
Thank you for the review. You noticed the tail happiness of my car did you? I swear that wasn't in there when I created it.. Did you break the car on route to the track? :odd: Im jesting.. You are right, there is a little tail happiness going on there so thats a fair comment. I tried to make it less awkward with the brakes when going into the corner but there wasn't enough time for me to sort out the corner exit issues. You still managed an excellent time out of my tune though so well done on that. :)

Hi all

@787bcgr
DC - 7

@Bowtie-muscle
DC - 8.5

@DolHaus
DC - 8

@Motor City Hami
DC - 8

@Otaliema
DC - 9

@shaunm80
DC - 7.5

@sinof1337
DC - 9.5

@xande1959
DC - 8.5
Those are some great times there sir.👍 How did you find turning up the sensitivity to 5? Better or worse for you? Remember to turn it back down when driving the Red Bulls unless you are used to it!:lol: Silverstone is a good track for dpad users, if the cars are tuned right, like these are, it is just a case of finding a rhythm and holding down the buttons. No tapping needed, it was great!:cheers:

Those are some great times there sir.👍 How did you find turning up the sensitivity to 5? Better or worse for you? Remember to turn it back down when driving the Red Bulls unless you are used to it!:lol: Silverstone is a good track for dpad users, if the cars are tuned right, like these are, it is just a case of finding a rhythm and holding down the buttons. No tapping needed, it was great!:cheers:

I've tried it a couple of times before, but right after i've done laps with it on 0, and I didn't like it. Ran with 5 straight from the off today, so didn't have anything to compare it with. I'll try it on 5 with the current seasonal time trials to see if it improves my times.

@Otaliema
DC - 9
Thank for thyou drive and feedback. What gear was it riding in the slower turns in AT mode? Trying to figure out if a different transmission build will help give you AT users the same wheel spin control that a MT has or close to it.

Last edited:
Hi all

@787bcgr
DC - 7

@Bowtie-muscle
DC - 8.5

@DolHaus
DC - 8

@Motor City Hami
DC - 8

@Otaliema
DC - 9

@shaunm80
DC - 7.5

@sinof1337
DC - 9.5

@xande1959
DC - 8.5
Thanks biffa, great review and a nice surprise to see more reviews. Always appreciate your feedback, and yes it seemed to be a difficult car for many.:ouch:
Thanks for the quick lap.:)

Thank for thyou drive and feedback. What gear was it riding in the slower turns in AT mode? Trying to figure out if a different transmission build will help give you AT users the same wheel spin control that a MT has or close to it.
Trying to find a good transmission for us AT users... is very tough. We are at the mercy of the shifting gods. You can alter the gears all you want, but the RPMs & MPH for downshifts will always remain the same for that car. Upshift RPMs are only altered by changing parts installed that increase the redline RPM. The only other thing AT users can do is change the MPH at these upshifts by either changing the ratios or how hard we step on the gas. If you find something that is good for both, I'll be sending a check in the mail, because it is doing my head in!:cheers:

It was 2nd gear, as with most of the cars tested. Actually thought your transmission was good, should have mentioned it in the review. I was up against my ghost set in @DolHaus car and was catching it on the Hangar straight. Only really had trouble coming out of Luffield.

Trying to find a good transmission for us AT users... is very tough. We are at the mercy of the shifting gods. You can alter the gears all you want, but the RPMs & MPH for downshifts will always remain the same for that car. Upshift RPMs are only altered by changing parts installed that increase the redline RPM. The only other thing AT users can do is change the MPH at these upshifts by either changing the ratios or how hard we step on the gas. If you find something that is good for both, I'll be sending a check in the mail, because it is doing my head in!:cheers:
Up shift and down shift should be at the same mph for each gear for at ra issuing if you shift from 2nd to 3rd at 80mph you should down shift at 80mph from 3rd to 2nd at the same point but I haven't driven AT in so long I'm not 100% on that.

Up shift and down shift should be at the same mph for each gear for at ra issuing if you shift from 2nd to 3rd at 80mph you should down shift at 80mph from 3rd to 2nd at the same point but I haven't driven AT in so long I'm not 100% on that.
If you take a car and mash the gas, note the MPH & RPM at the upshifts. Take the car out again and gently (50%-75% throttle) and go up through the gears...when it upshifts the RPMs will be the same, but you can get up to 7mph more when it does depending on the car. I don't know why though.👍

Last edited:
If you take a car and mash the gas, note the MPH & RPM at the upshifts. Take the car out again and gently (50%-75% throttle) and go up through the gears...when it upshifts the RPMs will be the same, but you can get up to 7mph more when it does depending on the car. I don't know why though.👍
Sounds like something to check in Motec I bet it's a rpm based shift point and its pre shifting or its tyre flex/slip at full throttle. Causing the differing speeds.

- thank you friend, with time 2:01. *** good performance this understeer bothered me too:cheers:
With it being an Aston Martin, with a spoiler, and GT6 being a game where 90% of all cars have understeer at mid corner, it's tough trying to get rid of it. You did a great job at it though. It reminded me of your RE Amemiya tune except the DB9 had LESS understeer and that made it that much more enjoyable...for me atleast.

Okay gentlemen, as of now the review stage of the final class is now closed and we have reached the end of the challenge. @Otaliema has four reviews to load into the scoring sheet, so I will await final results until they have been tallied. I will then update the scoring post and add my closing thoughts. For the most part this has been a great challenge and some mighty close finishes to go along with some really good tunes.:)

Back