FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by Bowtie-muscle, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Otaliema

Otaliema

Sorry didn't make you feel uneasy about anything. :( thank you for the retest on the car I'll plug in the numbers on Tuesday will be when I can get to it with out interruptions, maybe tonight if the kids go down late and I'm not sleepy but can't promise anything on tonight.

Edit; My young one crashed late so I was able to update all Pro class results. see post below Hami's

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    Bowtie-muscle likes this.
  2. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

@Bowtie-muscle @cbarbosa @LordJCS Thank you for the reviews. I still have not driven the Jag. The DB9 just looks so much more cool. I loved the voodoo comment. Made my day.

Thanks again for testing. Glad you enjoyed the car.

Bowtie-muscle, LordJCS and Otaliema like this.
  3. Otaliema

Otaliema

@Bowtie-muscle Time sheet updated for pro class.
    @cbarbosa Review post
    @LordJCS Review post

Current standings
    Pro Class;
    Laptime
    1st @DolHaus 2:00.894
    2nd @Otaliema 2:01.049 +0.155
    3rd @Bowtie-muscle 2:01.489 +0.596
    4th @Motor City Hami 2:01.493 +0.599
    5th @xande1959 2:01.584 +0.691

Drivers Choice
    1st @DolHaus 9.50
    2nd @Motor City Hami 9.35
    3rd @Bowtie-muscle 9.18
    4th @Otaliema 8.75
    5th @shaunm80 8.65

Fastest Lap 1:59.757 @DolHaus tune Driven by @cbarbosa
    Highest DC score 9.8 @DolHaus tune given by @shaunm80

Well done so far. @DolHaus you appear to have nailed the car this time around great job, @Motor City Hami if you had tuned a Jag I think we would all be looking at your tail pipe :cheers:

@ugabugaz tag me when you update your results post so I can upload it to the street class to get final results for bowtie to post.

edit; dang keyboard missing some keys and doubling others.

4. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

The uneasy feeling was my own conscience, not your tune. Glad I retested and got out of it what it deserved.:)

Otaliema and DolHaus like this.
  5. DolHaus

DolHaus

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get around to testing the Pro GT class, just had my deadline cut in half on some work I need to get finished by Christmas. Have to build a fancy bird table for my sister and her husband and paint a canvas for my grandparents in the next two weeks :scared: :banghead:
    I will keep trying though, might be able to fit a car or two in during the evenings and slowly chip away at them :tup:

Otaliema and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  6. ugabugaz

ugabugaz

787bcgr, shaunm80, Otaliema and 2 others like this.
  7. Otaliema

Otaliema

8. DaBomm4

DaBomm4

Funny thing, I got the notifications about replies, just it stated that you replied, not that you mentioned me, like it should do.

Bowtie-muscle, Otaliema and DolHaus like this.
  9. DaBomm4

DaBomm4

Thanks for the review, I was curious about the differences that you mentioned and @787bcgr's tune is softer in the front. I think that the difference with those softer rates is what helps mine get the front end grip but hurts my braking as a whole. I was surprised by the fact of how similar our tunes were, but given those similarities, I am not surprised by the close lap times.

Bowtie-muscle, DolHaus and Otaliema like this.
  10. Otaliema

Otaliema

That may be due to the fact I copied the tag post information out of the quote block so it looked like
    Code:
    [user=231957]DaBomm4[/USER]
    and not the
    Code:
    @DaBomm4
    line, hmm odd.

Any who in other news @ugabugaz times have been updated. @Bowtie-muscle you can call it for the street class as that's all the testers

And when I did I become premium???? rather who gifted it to me? :confused::confused::confused:

Bowtie-muscle and DaBomm4 like this.
  11. DaBomm4

DaBomm4

That could be it too, good to know for copying of coding. And it looks like someone gave you a Cyber Monday Christmas gift. Lucky duck.

Otaliema likes this.
  12. shaunm80

shaunm80

The story of my life. Yesterday I was 1st in the DC podium for the Street Class cars, today I am 5th. Ah well, thats the way the cookie crumbles I guess. :)

DolHaus, Otaliema and DaBomm4 like this.
  13. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

I got the Premium Gift has well :confused::confused: But thank you to whomever gave the gift. :dopey:

Thanks for all your effort and work with the scoring, will check it and update the results post.:tup:

Otaliema and DaBomm4 like this.
  14. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

@ugabugaz Thank you for taking the time to test and review the Street Class, much appreciated. Also, thank you for the fast lap in my tune and for the feedback, you nailed it, precision was missing. Need to pick it up as I am not doing so great though not bad in this Challenge. Not sure any of my tunes were 100% complete when submitted. My Jaguar is likely the closest and doing a little better. Either way, great reviews by all.

Results for Street Sports Class posted!:) Here

DolHaus and Otaliema like this.
  15. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

Thanks for the test , very happy with the results, congrats for the laptime.
    Very close , congrats to tuners and testers. This was a great shootout with greats cars. This Esprit V8 tune is one of my favorite now , together with my tuscan that was not competing but as fast as my Lotus or even faster and giving also a great driving pleasure too.
    ><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

DolHaus, Bowtie-muscle and shaunm80 like this.
  16. ugabugaz

ugabugaz

Yep no problem. Took a bit longer than I expected to test everything but got there in the end. I did try and run yours again, like I did for all the car I just didn't get a faster time.

DolHaus and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  17. shaunm80

shaunm80

Well done to all the podium finishers for the Street Car class. it was really close at the end. Congrats @praiano63 for having a clean sweep on the first two classes. Your expertise is still shining through on how to create fantastic tunes for the FITT challenges. :)

praiano63, Bowtie-muscle and DolHaus like this.
  18. DolHaus

DolHaus

xande1959, Otaliema, ugabugaz and 3 others like this.
  19. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

@DolHaus you were 0.020 seconds behind a @praiano63 tune. That is something to celebrate. :cheers:

20. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

@Otaliema just checking to see if you are still planning on testing the Pro class, @DolHaus is not sure he can which could mean we are set.:odd: At the very least, I would appreciate a look at my tune to let me know what DC you both think it deserves.

DolHaus likes this.
  21. Otaliema

Otaliema

In process now have two done. 6 to go

shaunm80 and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  22. DolHaus

DolHaus

More than happy with that, one of these days I'll catch him :lol:

I think I have some free time tonight so I will make a start and see how many I can plough through, if I can get half of them done then I should be able to finish the rest off before the deadline :tup:

shaunm80, Otaliema and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  23. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

No pressure guys, just following up, still plenty of time left.

shaunm80, Otaliema and DolHaus like this.
  24. xande1959

xande1959

- and with great pleasure to participate in these fantastic events, in addition to learning with you. this and rewarding, it lacks a little detail I have to learn to speak English.:cheers::cheers:

25. Otaliema

Otaliema

Two jag's left than just need to proof read and post. I'll update the score sheet at the same time.

26. Otaliema

Otaliema

Test Driving results for the FITT British Invasion hosted by @Bowtie-muscle Driven at Silverstone Grand Prix

All cars received 5 Laps warm up and learning. All cars then driven for 5 Laps or till I got all I could from the car on the majority of the track. Which ever came second.

Track and driving aids. Grip= Real, ABS=1 all other driving aids off that impact handling.

DC scoring is as follows. Stock suspension & LSD with power and weight upgrades. (3 Stock Laps max to get a feel on it)
    1-4 worse than stock and why.
    5 as good as stock.
    6-7 better than stock but….
    8-9 Great tune.
    10 WOW one of the best I’ve had the privilege of driving n GT6

Pro Touring Gt:

All cars are the same in terms of power and parts. Ballast set at position 0 aero set at 15 for stock lap.

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ‘06; 2:07.203

Jaguar XKR-S ‘11; 2:07.233

@787bcgr - XKR-S

Lap time;2:07.327 DC;6.5

Entry; Too easy to slide causing understeer.

Mid; Under steer through the entire mid corner and a loose rear that would transition to oversteer very quickly

Exit; The high accel setting needed fantastic throttle control or it would spin the car.

Overall; 787’s tunes are always a handful for me, they need a high degree of precision to drive fast and I just don’t have that. I would see glimpses of what this tune could do but I could never put it all together in one lap. I logged nearly 40 laps with this car and just never got it all right.

@Bowtie-muscle - XKR-S

Lap time;2:05.265 DC;8.23

Entry; Solid braking no tire lock up, good turn in. Heavy understeer if cooked even a little.

Mid; Building understeer from entry to exit made entry extremely important.

Exit; Solid here great grip, little or no swimming or tire spin, just go. Over steer present here for the most part which offset the understeer at mid

Overall; As long as I got my entry right this car took any turn in stride, if I missed my entry even a little I found it would understeer through the entire turn, required I brake to induce oversteer to get the car back on track. Well done solid tune. Just a bit loose at mid and would be much faster car.

@DolHaus - XKR-S

Lap time;2:04.2762:03.978 DC;8.89

Entry; Sweepers it was fantastic, tight turns it was unforgiving.

Mid; Held any line I asked it too and would adjust with no issues.

Exit; Great grip, I needed to be a gear high for the turn or would I spin the wheels.

Overall; This car was great, fantastic balance, rotation was very good, brakes were solid and didn’t interfere with the turn in. I found that it was a very forgiving car in the sweepers but would turn and bite me in the tight turns. I also found I needed to be going straight to jump on the gas if I wasn’t I was going sideways. Fantastic build sir.

@Motor City Hami - DB9

Lap time;2:05.246 DC; 10

Entry; Solid braking, didn’t like it if I cooked it, but what car does? Fantastic cooked entry recovery.

Mid; Solid rotation was incredible. Tiny bit of understeer if my foot was too heavy.

Exit; Incredibly solid here, only faltered if I was out of shape from a heavy foot a mid corner.

Overall; Fantastic tune, do you keep a rubber chicken and a incense burner in your tuning kit? This was totally magic.

Bonus test; Seeing how these cars are pretty much identical I slapped this tune on the XKR-S with the transmission as close as I could get it and logged a 2:04.169 on lap 3 and it was sloppy I missed my mark on a couple of sweepers and the final turn, easily left 2-3 seconds on the track.

@Otaliema - XKR-S

Lap time;2:03.354 DC;8.1

Entry; Solid brakes didn’t over power unless you missed your mark and had to hold them too long. Picky about it’s entry line.

Mid;Very high grip but a touch of understeer that necessitated a little throttle lift to keep on the track at exit.

Exit; Fantastic grip hard to spin the tires on anything but the slowest of turns. The understeer that built up in mid corner would require a ever so slight lift off to bring it back

Overall; Good solid tune, little too touchy to be useful out of a TT, the grip this car had made it great for off throttle turning but I did feel the car fighting itself in the sweepers the nose wanted to push out and tail wanted to come in.

@shaunm80 - DB9 Coupe

Lap time;2:06.862 DC;7.8

Entry; Good if you’re doing a slow in fast out line. If you try to brake late and dive it just slides.

Mid;Lots of understeer here and it loved to get out of shape here if I was too heavy on the throttle.

Exit;Seems low on grip here, I was out of shape just after more turns than I was in shape. It liked to swim for me.

Overall; Good car if you do what it wants, if you do something it doesn’t like it lets you know with a healthy dose of swimming and understeer. I found it rather easy to over power the rear and spin the car when in 2nd and even 3rd gears. Once I slowed down and stopped diving into turns it go faster I just never felt confident that I could just lay in to it.

@sinof1337 - XKR-S

Lap time;2:05.565 DC;7.1

Entry;the brakes over powered the front wheels causing a lot of lock up and thus understeer.

Mid; Great grip here, held any line I was on and would even change the line with little argument.

Exit; Excellent grip here and stable. I would have problems if I was out of shape from smashing the gas at mid corner.

Overall; This car loved the sweepers and hated the tight turns. I had Dolhaus’s ghost loaded when I drove this and I kept up with and gain on it in all the sweeps but I would loose all that ground and than some in the slow turns as I had to slow down a lot for them to get the car around them, as a result it was just slower over most of the track. The final gear could have been a touch longer to keep the car in power band on the back straight in 6th gear.

@xande1959 - DB9

Lap time;2:06.101 DC;8.21

Entry; Good brakes go the car slowed down with no drama and allowed for basic trail braking. Good turn in at the correct speed. Under steer if I cooked it and oversteer if I was cold.

Mid; A touch of understeer present here so it always started to drift wide, it held what ever line I started on but didn’t want to correct it.

Exit; The understeer from mid corner continued here and it would keep drifting out of the turn, as long as I didn’t lead foot the gas, it held very well.

Overall; Overall I had a good time with this car took to my style much better of brake late and dive in. I did find that I didn’t like it if I gave it the beans too soon and I swam down more than one straight on the track.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    787bcgr, shaunm80, xande1959 and 2 others like this.
  27. Otaliema

Otaliema

28. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

@Otaliema Thanks for the review and for updating the scoring. No complaints on your review of my tune, I agree with it.:tup:

29. Otaliema

Otaliema

Yeah it was odd.

@DolHaus I am retesting your car currently I feel I didn't everything I could out of it. Gonna give it another 10 laps see if I can improve it.

30. xande1959

xande1959

thank you for the performance, this car likes to be tamed.:cheers: