FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

@DolHaus - XKR-S

Lap time;2:04.276 DC;8.89

Entry; Sweepers it was fantastic, tight turns it was unforgiving.

Mid; Held any line I asked it too and would adjust with no issues.

Exit; Great grip, I needed to be a gear high for the turn or would I spin the wheels.

Overall; This car was great, fantastic balance, rotation was very good, brakes were solid and didn’t interfere with the turn in. I found that it was a very forgiving car in the sweepers but would turn and bite me in the tight turns. I also found I needed to be going straight to jump on the gas if I wasn’t I was going sideways. Fantastic build sir.
Thank you for the review although I'm a little bit confused by the unforgiving part of the description :confused: You can get a tiny bit of wheel spin on exit of turn 3 + 4 but the car stays straight and true if you keep your foot down, most of the time the car is a pussy cat unless you put it on the grass. Thank you for offering to retest it though, I wouldn't usually question a review but that just struck me as odd 👍

Thank you for the review although I'm a little bit confused by the unforgiving part of the description :confused: You can get a tiny bit of wheel spin on exit of turn 3 + 4 but the car stays straight and true if you keep your foot down, most of the time the car is a pussy cat unless you put it on the grass. Thank you for offering to retest it though, I wouldn't usually question a review but that just struck me as odd 👍
What is/was happening to me with it in the slower turns is that it wont rotate for me very well, and if I jump on the gas at the apex the tail will just step out and not come back in. With the slower turns like 3,4 and 6 and last two I have to be with in 2 km/h of the perfect speed or it just under steers to the outside or over steers into a spin. The sweepers I can be off by as much as 20 km/h and it will hold and take the turn or recover from the cooked entry.

What is/was happening to me with it in the slower turns is that it wont rotate for me very well, and if I jump on the gas at the apex the tail will just step out and not come back in. With the slower turns like 3,4 and 6 and last two I have to be with in 2 km/h of the perfect speed or it just under steers to the outside or over steers into a spin. The sweepers I can be off by as much as 20 km/h and it will hold and take the turn or recover from the cooked entry.
Hmmm.... Well I'll just have to put it down to driver preference but I genuinely thought you'd enjoy this car, its probably the most stable and least demanding car I've ever built :lol:

Hmmm.... Well I'll just have to put it down to driver preference but I genuinely thought you'd enjoy this car, its probably the most stable and least demanding car I've ever built :lol:
It is and I did enjoy it, gonna take for a spin a trial mountian that I can drive blind folded and see how it goes there.
I got your car into the 2:03's standings didn't change. barely 0.001 seconds between us, I left the license place holder on the car :lol:

Really close at the top of the final class of cars. One thing that I find odd is the lap time leader board. The time is exactly the same but DolHaus is 0.001 slower? Is that a calculation error in the sheet or something to do with how the calculation is worked out?

1 Otaliema 2:01.510 +00.000
2 DolHaus 2:01.510 +00.001

Also, Thanks for your review of my car. Fair points made about its handling. I guess I made the car a little too loose for your preference this time around. It does like the slower in, faster out driving style otherwise (as you found out) you just get smoke pouring from the rear wheels. :) Fun but not conducive to a quick lap time. Thank you for the test and the review.

Really close at the top of the final class of cars. One thing that I find odd is the lap time leader board. The time is exactly the same but DolHaus is 0.001 slower? Is that a calculation error in the sheet or something to do with how the calculation is worked out?

1 Otaliema 2:01.510 +00.000
2 DolHaus 2:01.510 +00.001

Also, Thanks for your review of my car. Fair points made about its handling. I guess I made the car a little too loose for your preference this time around. It does like the slower in, faster out driving style otherwise (as you found out) you just get smoke pouring from the rear wheels. :) Fun but not conducive to a quick lap time. Thank you for the test and the review.
Thank you on the point out.
I expanded the time to the ten thousandth

Silversone GP Lap Time Podium
1 Otaliema 2:01.5098 +0.0000
2 DolHaus 2:01.5104 +0.0006
3 Motor City Hami 2:02.2436 +0.7338
4 Bowtie-Muscle 2:02.2446 +0.7348
5 sinof1337 2:02.4396 +0.9298
Thats not even a layer of paint!

It is and I did enjoy it, gonna take for a spin a trial mountian that I can drive blind folded and see how it goes there.
I got your car into the 2:03's standings didn't change. barely 0.001 seconds between us, I left the license place holder on the car :lol:
Yeah Silverstone is one of those punishing tracks where if you're not exactly on the prime line then the times always suffer, miss an apex to one corner and your in completely the wrong place for the next few corners.

I got all of the XKR's tested last night apart from my own which I will test after the DB9's so I will almost certainly get the set completed before the deadline 👍

Yeah Silverstone is one of those punishing tracks where if you're not exactly on the prime line then the times always suffer, miss an apex to one corner and your in completely the wrong place for the next few corners.

I got all of the XKR's tested last night apart from my own which I will test after the DB9's so I will almost certainly get the set completed before the deadline 👍
Well unless by some ungodly event happening I think you will make up that 6 ten thousand of a second I have on you :lol:
It's not a big group maybe we can twist @Motor City Hami and @praiano63 arms into testing :bowdown::bowdown::gtpflag:I still got space for four more testers with out having to do a crap load of work on the sheet.

If you need another tester besides the 2 maestros, I can tune Saturday. Warden is gone pretty much the whole day and I'm waiting till next weeks seasonals, so I've got time.
Have at it. When have we ever said no to more testers?

Note I wouldn't complain *much* about having to add another tester slot. it's just adjustment of about 300 formulas so it takes time that's all.

Have at it. When have we ever said no to more testers?

Note I wouldn't complain *much* about having to add another tester slot. it's just adjustment of about 300 formulas so it takes time that's all.
More testers is always good. And yes, adding things to excel is never fun. Try training a dinosaur of a boss who still struggles sending emails how to use it! Now those are good times.:banghead: :lol::lol:

Edit: If it is a struggle to add me, just let me know. I know you've been busy with keeping it all together. Takes a lot of skills and patience...probably one of the main reasons I've never hosted or asked to host an event!

More testers is always good. And yes, adding things to excel is never fun. Try training a dinosaur of a boss who still struggles sending emails how to use it! Now those are good times.:banghead: :lol::lol:
do you get the blank look regularly?
Hope it doesn't take too long to re-adjust the sheet.
We would need 5 more people to test before I have to rebuild. I built tthe sheets to handle 20 tuners and 10 testers out of the box. In theroy I can just insert left on the 11th spot that is already there and it will auto adjust he formulas but that function is flaky at best in google sheets. excel it's great.

We would need 5 more people to test before I have to rebuild. I built tthe sheets to handle 20 tuners and 10 testers out of the box. In theroy I can just insert left on the 11th spot that is already there and it will auto adjust he formulas but that function is flaky at best in google sheets. excel it's great.
The thing I find most baffling about google sheets is when it throws a tantrum because you try to copy something by right clicking on it rather than using keyboard commands

The thing I find most baffling about google sheets is when it throws a tantrum because you try to copy something by right clicking on it rather than using keyboard commands
Dont' even get me started about paste special :lol: in google sheets. that is well another animal that needs to be put down.

Lots of frustration on both sides and then I get told "JFDI" Just .... Do It! I'm not even going to attempt ACAD.:lol:
I don't even mess with Google docs...I go with excel and transfer it over, like you said, loads easier.

Lots of frustration on both sides and then I get told "JFDI" Just .... Do It! I'm not even going to attempt ACAD.:lol:
I don't even mess with Google docs...I go with excel and transfer it over, like you said, loads easier.
Very very true but I suppose that's the difference between what 5 years of existing for Google sheets and 25 years for excel?

@Otaliema just looked through the scoring sheet and you have Hami down for a 10 but a 9.5 on your review?
Thought I had changed that. it is supposed to be a 10 i'll get that edited. I always review my DC's after I'm done and look at the review I wrote and make adjustments if needed.

on the topic of funky things with Google. In Google sheets documents. if you use the apostrophe ' there and paste it here it flags it as miss spelled cause it's a different ASCII code :lol:

This is not on topic but it's Top Gear BBC so I justify it as it's British.
Goto 7:10 to see the results of this escapade.

Pro Touring Gt Test Results

@@787bcgr - XKR-S
Lap time 2:05.717
DC 6.5

@@Bowtie-muscle - XKR-S
Lap time 2:07.445
DC 8

@@DolHaus - XKR-S
Lap time 2:06.650
DC 8

@@Motor City Hami - DB9
Lap time 2:06.485
DC 8

@@Otaliema - XKR-S
Lap time 2:06.065
DC 8

@@shaunm80 - DB9 Coupe
Lap time 2:06.528
DC 8

@@sinof1337 - XKR-S
Lap time 2:04.916
DC 8

@@xande1959 - DB9
Lap time 2:04.638
DC 8.5

I'm not great on this track and the tunes were made with 1.13 and tested in 1.14 so I'm not going to criticize any of the tunes.

Pro Touring Gt Test Results

@@787bcgr - XKR-S
Lap time 2:05.717
DC 6.5

@@Bowtie-muscle - XKR-S
Lap time 2:07.445
DC 8

@@DolHaus - XKR-S
Lap time 2:06.650
DC 8

@@Motor City Hami - DB9
Lap time 2:06.485
DC 8

@@Otaliema - XKR-S
Lap time 2:06.065
DC 8

@@shaunm80 - DB9 Coupe
Lap time 2:06.528
DC 8

@@sinof1337 - XKR-S
Lap time 2:04.916
DC 8

@@xande1959 - DB9
Lap time 2:04.638
DC 8.5

I'm not great on this track and the tunes were made with 1.13 and tested in 1.14 so I'm not going to criticize any of the tunes.

- I congratulate the performance, thanks for testing this legend car in version 1.13 of the game, my opnion for version 1.14 does not change anything that I feel.:cheers:👍

Pro Touring GT

@787bcgr – XKR-S '11

2:02.857

DC – 9.3

A little bit tricky to find the right lines with this car but good fun when you got it right. I found that the car struggled a little bit in the slower sections of the track but felt really good on the faster bits. I encountered a bit of understeer on entry in the slower corners and the car did like to light up the rear tyres on exit, this was a lot of fun and very controllable but did cost it a bit of time. Didn't have any problems with the brakes or transmission, these felt predictable and easy to work and didn't throw up any unexpected surprises.

@Bowtie-muscle – XKR-S '11

2:02.971

DC – 7

I found myself struggling with this car quite a bit. The initial turn in felt really sharp and positive but soon after I hit a massive pile of understeer as the rear just didn't seem to want to follow the front. The car was extremely stable but just didn't want to rotate past a certain point. I think the front springs were right on the money but the rear was just way too soft and this was killing the rotation. The transmission was good, got the power down nicely and didn't cause any issues with the auto transmission. The brakes felt a little bit weak, I overshot the entry to a few corners on the opening laps as the car just wasn't slowing down and I had to adjust my braking points quite severely to compensate. I'm sure this car would suit some drivers because of the incredible stability but it just wasn't for me unfortunately.

@DolHaus – XKR-S '11

2:01.631

DC – 9

I don't like to give myself high scores but I'm really happy with how this car turned out

@Motor City Hami – DB9

2:02.735

DC – 8

Performed well but to me it felt really unnatural and I couldn't predict what it was going to do next. I can only really describe it as feeling “arcade like”, sort of like if you ported a car from Ridge Racer into GT. The car had surprising initial rotation thanks to the crazy toe angles but wouldn't really hold a line, instead it was like a constant series of small course corrections while turning. The transmission was good but a bit short, the engine was really running out of legs at the top end. Felt really good through the maggots/becketts complex but that was the only place it felt comfortable for me. This didn't feel like your usual cars and I found that slightly disappointing, felt like it was breaking physics rather than working with them.

@Otaliema – XKR-S '11

2:02.503

DC – 8.8

Good and aggressive, quite enjoyed pushing this car. Had a very direct feel to the steering, the car reacted sharply but didn't feel twitchy as a result. The brakes felt like they were maybe a click too high at both ends and this caused the front tyres to overload on entry occasionally if you went in too fast. There was also a bit of understeer in the mid to late section of the corner but was fairly easy to work around. I liked the transmission, felt like the car was really pushing through the gears and getting the most out of the engine. Good fun to drive, would have preferred the rear had been a little looser on the throttle so I could get on the throttle a little earlier but a good effort none the less.

@shaunm80 – DB9

2:03.899

DC – 7

Really struggled to find pace with this one, I just couldn't find much grip and the transmission didn't do the cars any favours. It felt like it had decent rotation, but it just couldn't hold on to the speed through the corners and loved to light the tyres up on exit. The car was always in a lower gear than I was expecting and that made it really tricky to get the power down out of every corner, unless you were pointing perfectly straight the car would start to squirm and then just snap loose. Its a shame really because the car felt good through the rest of the corner, the brakes felt all right, the initial turn in was good and it maintained decent rotation through the mid parts if lacking speed slightly, it just got let down by the transmission and the exit grip combined and that somewhat tarnished the experience. I think it would be easy enough to fix with wider gearing and would probably drop a fair bit of time by just taking the camber off , theres definitely a decent car lurking under there somewhere.

@sinof1337 – XKR-S '11

2:02.524

DC – 7.5

If I had to use one word to describe this car it would be predictable. It never did anything unexpected or out of the ordinary, the brakes were good without being too sharp, the rotation was good without being unstable and the transmission felt natural but unremarkable. Overall the car felt fine but lacked excitement, very consistent and easy to drive but never really showed much personality.

@xande1959 – DB9

2:03.221

DC – 8

The car felt fairly solid and predictable, had decent entry rotation and stability but seemed to run out of front end grip in the mid parts of the corner and start understeering. The brakes and transmission both felt quite good, didn't have any trouble with either. It was possible to get a bit of wheel spin in some of the slower corners if the car hadn't settled but it was easy enough to deal with when it occurred.

Pro Touring GT

@787bcgr – XKR-S '11

2:02.857

DC – 9.3

A little bit tricky to find the right lines with this car but good fun when you got it right. I found that the car struggled a little bit in the slower sections of the track but felt really good on the faster bits. I encountered a bit of understeer on entry in the slower corners and the car did like to light up the rear tyres on exit, this was a lot of fun and very controllable but did cost it a bit of time. Didn't have any problems with the brakes or transmission, these felt predictable and easy to work and didn't throw up any unexpected surprises.

@Bowtie-muscle – XKR-S '11

2:02.971

DC – 7

I found myself struggling with this car quite a bit. The initial turn in felt really sharp and positive but soon after I hit a massive pile of understeer as the rear just didn't seem to want to follow the front. The car was extremely stable but just didn't want to rotate past a certain point. I think the front springs were right on the money but the rear was just way too soft and this was killing the rotation. The transmission was good, got the power down nicely and didn't cause any issues with the auto transmission. The brakes felt a little bit weak, I overshot the entry to a few corners on the opening laps as the car just wasn't slowing down and I had to adjust my braking points quite severely to compensate. I'm sure this car would suit some drivers because of the incredible stability but it just wasn't for me unfortunately.

@DolHaus – XKR-S '11

2:01.631

DC – 9

I don't like to give myself high scores but I'm really happy with how this car turned out

@Motor City Hami – DB9

2:02.735

DC – 8

Performed well but to me it felt really unnatural and I couldn't predict what it was going to do next. I can only really describe it as feeling “arcade like”, sort of like if you ported a car from Ridge Racer into GT. The car had surprising initial rotation thanks to the crazy toe angles but wouldn't really hold a line, instead it was like a constant series of small course corrections while turning. The transmission was good but a bit short, the engine was really running out of legs at the top end. Felt really good through the maggots/becketts complex but that was the only place it felt comfortable for me. This didn't feel like your usual cars and I found that slightly disappointing, felt like it was breaking physics rather than working with them.

@Otaliema – XKR-S '11

2:02.503

DC – 8.8

Good and aggressive, quite enjoyed pushing this car. Had a very direct feel to the steering, the car reacted sharply but didn't feel twitchy as a result. The brakes felt like they were maybe a click too high at both ends and this caused the front tyres to overload on entry occasionally if you went in too fast. There was also a bit of understeer in the mid to late section of the corner but was fairly easy to work around. I liked the transmission, felt like the car was really pushing through the gears and getting the most out of the engine. Good fun to drive, would have preferred the rear had been a little looser on the throttle so I could get on the throttle a little earlier but a good effort none the less.

@shaunm80 – DB9

2:03.899

DC – 7

Really struggled to find pace with this one, I just couldn't find much grip and the transmission didn't do the cars any favours. It felt like it had decent rotation, but it just couldn't hold on to the speed through the corners and loved to light the tyres up on exit. The car was always in a lower gear than I was expecting and that made it really tricky to get the power down out of every corner, unless you were pointing perfectly straight the car would start to squirm and then just snap loose. Its a shame really because the car felt good through the rest of the corner, the brakes felt all right, the initial turn in was good and it maintained decent rotation through the mid parts if lacking speed slightly, it just got let down by the transmission and the exit grip combined and that somewhat tarnished the experience. I think it would be easy enough to fix with wider gearing and would probably drop a fair bit of time by just taking the camber off , theres definitely a decent car lurking under there somewhere.

@sinof1337 – XKR-S '11

2:02.524

DC – 7.5

If I had to use one word to describe this car it would be predictable. It never did anything unexpected or out of the ordinary, the brakes were good without being too sharp, the rotation was good without being unstable and the transmission felt natural but unremarkable. Overall the car felt fine but lacked excitement, very consistent and easy to drive but never really showed much personality.

@xande1959 – DB9

DC – 8

The car felt fairly solid and predictable, had decent entry rotation and stability but seemed to run out of front end grip in the mid parts of the corner and start understeering. The brakes and transmission both felt quite good, didn't have any trouble with either. It was possible to get a bit of wheel spin in some of the slower corners if the car hadn't settled but it was easy enough to deal with when it occurred.
Thank you for the review, you were not the only one who struggled with it. I will give it a try with stiffer springs in the rear and see if I can gain some rotation.

@xande1959 – DB9

DC – 8

- Thank you friend for the test. Now one thing puzzles me, I tested several times, but always with different times could never match time, odd. happened with this car, I love this car but he jumped the fence. betrayed me.:cheers:

Thank you for the drive and review, the tail grip seems to come back to bite me this round.

- Thank you friend for the test. Now one thing puzzles me, I tested several times, but always with different times could never match time, odd. happened with this car, I love this car but he jumped the fence. betrayed me.:cheers:
Yeah I know what you mean, no two laps were the same but not in a dramatic way. I'm sure if you hit all your marks perfectly there would be a great lap time in there, if you missed your marks by the smallest margin then you'd get just enough understeer or oversteer to slow you down and cost you time, good car but I struggled to put a clean lap down 👍

Thank you for the drive and review, the tail grip seems to come back to bite me this round.
It was good everywhere but I found myself fighting the stability slightly on exit, it wouldn't let me get on the throttle quite early enough without pushing wide and that was costing me speed between the corners. A tiny bit less stable at the rear and it would have been spot on for me

Latest Posts

Back