FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

I've tried everything to make it work, I can get it to slide quite nicely on sports tyres without heavy camber but I can't find any real cornering speed which suggests to me that it might have some funny grip values.

Never mind, my Esprit is feeling pretty fast so I guess I'll have to make do :lol:
I went back and played with the tvr a bit and found cornering speed with a really light car, so I think your right that it has odd grip values. seems like it's grip was set up for min weight and it is not scaling correctly when ballast or weight is added to the car. but the car was so under powered I couldn't manage any decent lap times.
I think someone at PD has a thing for Lotus as they all handle really well. -or- one of the more experienced programmers drew the Lotus card and that's why they are all good.

I went back and played with the tvr a bit and found cornering speed with a really light car, so I think your right that it has odd grip values. seems like it's grip was set up for min weight and it is not scaling correctly when ballast or weight is added to the car. but the car was so under powered I couldn't manage any decent lap times.
I think someone at PD has a thing for Lotus as they all handle really well. -or- one of the more experienced programmers drew the Lotus card and that's why they are all good.
There are small performance margins to be found over stock but its not much whereas the lotus can easily drop 2 seconds once tuned, its a shame it worked out like that because they were so close in initial testing.
Oddly though, if you put SRF on the TVR its amazingly fast, changes the car completely

There are small performance margins to be found over stock but its not much whereas the lotus can easily drop 2 seconds once tuned, its a shame it worked out like that because they were so close in initial testing.
Oddly though, if you put SRF on the TVR its amazingly fast, changes the car completely
yeah the tail is so unstable that SRF is working overtime and increasing your grip 100% of the time not just some of the time like with most cars so it blasts around the track.
Plus TVR is a luxury race car for the road so it does it well with soft tires. Not sure if it still holds true or not but back in 1.03-1.08 SRF was basilcy like slapping two tire levels up on your car.

Sorry for the double post but can't help my self on this one.
900_o3400.jpg

mind the hills in the Espirit looks like the engine don't like working too hard.

Sorry for the double post but can't help my self on this one.
900_o3400.jpg

mind the hills in the Espirit looks like the engine don't like working too hard.
Apparently this was a far too common problem with the Esprit, that and being an absolute b:censored:h in the rain. Very true to Lotus's racing heritage in a way

FITT Shootouts Brands Hatch

All cars tested with DS3 controller and auto and twenty laps each, I am not a tuner so the reviews don't go into too much depth and are just my thoughts of the cars and my driving experience.

Shaunm80
Elise Type 72
A very easy drive, good traction , just power on and go,very hard to loose the rear, just a little more turn in for the first and last corners would make all the difference.

Bowtie Mucle
Vauxhall VX 220 '00'

A really good drive, has good turn in through the corners, well planted and stable throughout the track and consistent, well done.

DaBomm
MG TF160 '03

Overall I liked the car but I just couldn't get consistent laps , there's another half second plus if I could string it all together, the rear is quite slippery but it's a big improvement on the stock car.

Xande
Elise Type 72
Safe, stable and so much grip , even when driving on the edge you know that the rear is not going to come around.

ImToLegitToQuit
MG TF160
An enjoyable drive , good controllable grip , a little bit more rotation would make all the difference.

787bcgr
Elise Type 72
The first four laps were 'what have I got myself into ' it really took a lot of concentration to drive without the rear coming around , all actions had to be perfect to drive at a decent pace,after twenty laps I'd sorta worked it out but definitely not my sort of driving style , so I moved the ballast to -16 to give a 42:58 front/rear distribution and for me it made all the difference, I dropped half a second within three laps.

Oteliema
Elise Type 72

It took me around eight laps to work out the braking characteristics of the car which are unlike anything I've driven before, and even then the last corner was a hit and miss most times , in a straight line they are great but any braking while turning causes the rear to slide, getting the corner entry right was the hardest part for me , corner turn in was good and there was plenty of traction for corner exit, for me,reducing the harshness of the brakes would make a more enjoyable drive.

DolHaus
Elise Type 72
Good brakes, good turn in, good grip throughout , the only problems I've had is getting the braking for the last corner right, it's not the tune it's me having to adjust my braking style to suit this particular car.
Overall a very good tune.

Praiano
Elise Type 72

On the money from the very first lap, no learning the cars characteristics, no nasty surprises just consistent laps one after another , a pleasure to drive... well done.

MotorCityHami
Elise Type 72

Good all round tune, in a straight line the brakes had a really good feel to them ,although getting the right pressure for turn three and the last corner without upsetting the rear was my biggest problem, corner rotation and traction on exit were good as well , overall an easy car to drive that's forgiving if you make a mistake.

Ridox
Vauxhall VX220
Pretty good overall ,quite quick for its 450 pp only,has good turn in through the corners, the brakes do their job well enough, on the negative it doesn't get into top gear and the car tends to slide into some corners.

Sinof
Elise Type 72
Does everything well, good entry while braking the car stays on its line unlike a few of the other Elise's, could do with a bit more turn in, a very safe car .

Oteliema
Elise Type 72

It took me around eight laps to work out the braking characteristics of the car which are unlike anything I've driven before, and even then the last corner was a hit and miss most times , in a straight line they are great but any braking while turning causes the rear to slide, getting the corner entry right was the hardest part for me , corner turn in was good and there was plenty of traction for corner exit, for me,reducing the harshness of the brakes would make a more enjoyable drive.
Thank you on the review and the kind DC score given it took you eight laps to get a feel for the car. I am working a revised version of the tune that is much more stable i'll post it once the testing deadline passes.

All cars tested with DS3 controller and auto and twenty laps each, I am not a tuner so the reviews don't go into too much depth and are just my thoughts of the cars and my driving experience.

Shaunm80
Elise Type 72
A very easy drive, good traction , just power on and go,very hard to loose the rear, just a little more turn in for the first and last corners would make all the difference.
Thanks for the excellent review. Im glad that you liked the car. :)

Thank you on the review and the kind DC score given it took you eight laps to get a feel for the car. I am working a revised version of the tune that is much more stable i'll post it once the testing deadline passes.

My normal braking routine is to give the right stick a little tap to go down a gear then apply pressure to brake, with yours as soon as I touched the brakes it caused the rear to move so I had to be really precise in how I applied braking especially getting the last corner right, let me know when you post the revised tune.

DolHaus
Elise Type 72
Good brakes, good turn in, good grip throughout , the only problems I've had is getting the braking for the last corner right, it's not the tune it's me having to adjust my braking style to suit this particular car.
Thank you very much for the review, glad you enjoyed the car 👍
The last corner seems to be my Achilles heel in this round :lol:

Shaunm80
Elise Type 72

Bowtie Mucle
Vauxhall VX 220 '00'

A really good drive, has good turn in through the corners, well planted and stable throughout the track and consistent, well done.

DaBomm
MG TF160 '03

Overall I liked the car but I just couldn't get consistent laps , there's another half second plus if I could string it all together, the rear is quite slippery but it's a big improvement on the stock car.

Xande
Elise Type 72
Safe, stable and so much grip , even when driving on the edge you know that the rear is not going to come around.

ImToLegitToQuit
MG TF160
An enjoyable drive , good controllable grip , a little bit more rotation would make all the difference.

787bcgr
Elise Type 72
The first four laps were 'what have I got myself into ' it really took a lot of concentration to drive without the rear coming around , all actions had to be perfect to drive at a decent pace,after twenty laps I'd sorta worked it out but definitely not my sort of driving style , so I moved the ballast to -16 to give a 42:58 front/rear distribution and for me it made all the difference, I dropped half a second within three laps.

Oteliema
Elise Type 72

DolHaus
Elise Type 72

Praiano
Elise Type 72

On the money from the very first lap, no learning the cars characteristics, no nasty surprises just consistent laps one after another , a pleasure to drive... well done.

MotorCityHami
Elise Type 72

Good all round tune, in a straight line the brakes had a really good feel to them ,although getting the right pressure for turn three and the last corner without upsetting the rear was my biggest problem, corner rotation and traction on exit were good as well , overall an easy car to drive that's forgiving if you make a mistake.

Ridox
Vauxhall VX220
Pretty good overall ,quite quick for its 450 pp only,has good turn in through the corners, the brakes do their job well enough, on the negative it doesn't get into top gear and the car tends to slide into some corners.

Sinof
Elise Type 72
Does everything well, good entry while braking the car stays on its line unlike a few of the other Elise's, could do with a bit more turn in, a very safe car .
Nice time, thanks for the review. This was my goal building the car, easy and fast. I just hope my Esprit will be more fun... and still fast.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The last corner for most of the Elise's was a problem , their brakes seem to put the car off balance while trying to turn and slow down.
Its a tricky corner, you've got to hit your marks exactly on entry or you run out of braking room going into the right hander and get the car out of shape.

yeah on the map it looks like one off the eaisest corners on teh track than you drive it and it's one of the most technical and hardest to get right.
I believe its the reason they changed the layout to turn 3, you can carry a lot more speed through the old layout and still go flat out into turn 3 which was fine until cars started getting faster. The chances of running wide and then spearing across the track grew so they slowed turn 3 down to help prevent high speed T-Boning

Autumn Ring.jpg

Tuned with ABS 1, no other aids, DS3

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
525 pp
386 hp @ 6,400 rpm
343.7 ft-lb @ 5,100 rpm
920 kg
Power to Weight 2.38
Weight Distribution 50/50

GT Auto
No Oil Change
No Body Rigidity
Wheels: Stock: PDI P814
Paint Body: Rallye Green Metallic (GM)
Paint Wheels: Stock

Parts
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
Sports Hard/Medium

Suspension
Ride Height 75/75
Spring Rate 7.5/8
Dampeners Comp 3/6
Dampeners Ext 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars 3/3
Camber Angle 1.0/2.0
Toe Angle -0.10/+0.25
Racing Brakes 4/6

Transmission
Initial Final 3.730
Max Speed 155 (5 click from min)
First Gear 3.100
Second Gear 2.350
Third Gear 1.780
Fourth Gear 1.380
Fifth Gear 1.110
Final Fear 3.730

LSD 10/15/10

Power Limiter 94.9%
Ballast Weight 0
Ballast Position 0

Last edited:
PicsArt_1416012541363.jpg

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
391hp/920kg/ 525pp/ SM tires
Reflex Purple
Standard Size Rays TE37SL
F/C Suspension
Standard Brakes
F/C Transmission
F/C LSD
Triple Plate Clutch
Carban Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Manifold
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction
TUNE:
Ride Height: 80/75
Spring Rates: 7.00/ 8.50
Dampers Compression: 2/6
Dampers Extension: 6/5
Roll Bars: 3/2
Camber: 0/0
Toe : +0.15/ + 0.05
Brake Balance: 5/6
Initial Torque: 8
Acceleration: 27
Braking: 10
Power Limiter: 97.0%
Transmission: Reset to default, then set final to 5.500, then top speed to Minimum value, then final to 3.650:
1:2.500
2:1.825
3:1.399
4:1.133
5:0.960

This is my entry

Lotus Esprit V8 2002 - Laser blue metallic
Parts list:

Sports mediums
Height adjustable fully customisable suspension
Racing brake kit
Fully customisable transmission
Fully customisable LSD
Triple plate clutch
Sports Computer
Semi racing exhaust
Sports catalytic converter
Intake tuning
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon bonnet (body color)
Window weight reduction
Rays 57Ultimate standard size rims (Sensitive silver metallic)
Front Aero

Settings:

Suspension:
RH: 128/128 (front/back)
SR: 5.30/5.39
DC: 3/2
DE: 4/1
ARB's: 4/4
CA: 0.5/2.4
TA: 0.44/0.81
Brakes: 7/4 (front/back)

Transmission:
Max speed: 260 km/h
Final gear: 3.794
Individual gear ratios:
1 - 2.906
2 - 1.975
3 - 1.442
4 - 1.153
5 - 0.951

LSD:
Initial torque: 50
Acceleration sensitivity: 58
Braking sensitivity: 32

Engine:
Power limiter: 100%

Body:
Ballast weight: 52 kg
Ballast position: - 50%

Driving aids:
ABS: 1
Traction control: 0
(No other aids)

Stats:
525pp
442 bhp
47 kgfm
1182 kg
weight ratio (front to back): 48:52
Displacement: 3506 cc
MR Drivetrain
Power to weight ratio: 2.67 kg/bhp

A little bit about the car:
This car has a had a lot of time spent on it, and I am really happy with how it turned out, but there are some things which the testers should really know: It has a fairly low amount of torque because having too much cause the car to lose traction on corner exit, and the LSD also helps this. Drive it carefully if you use a DS3, but you can be pretty violent with throttle control. It has a very distinct rhythm on the track, and is really easy to drive once you find this rhythm. The general feeling of the car should be relatively in control, but take care not to overestimate it.

Shaunm80
Elise Type 72

Bowtie Mucle
Vauxhall VX 220 '00'

DaBomm
MG TF160 '03

Xande
Elise Type 72

ImToLegitToQuit
MG TF160

787bcgr
Elise Type 72

Oteliema
Elise Type 72

DolHaus
Elise Type 72

Praiano
Elise Type 72

MotorCityHami
Elise Type 72

Ridox
Vauxhall VX220

Sinof
Elise Type 72
-
thanks for this good performance testing toy.

TVR TUSCAN SPEED 6 '00
2000_TVR_Tuscan_4.0_Speed_Six_by_The_Car_Spy.jpg

Specifications
Performance Points:
525 PP
Max. Power:
417 HP
Weight:
1039 kg
Weight Distribution (F/R):
5050 / -4950
Displacement:
3996 cc
Max. Torque:
350 ft-lb
Drivetrain:
FR
Game Version:
Controller Type:
Steering Wheel
Tires
Tires (Front):
Sports: Medium
Tires (Rear):
Sports: Medium
Parts & Modifications
Wheel Model:
RAYS 57Xtreme
Suspension Kit:
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
Transmission:
Fully-Customizable Transmission
Clutch:
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Exhaust:
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Weight Reduction:
Stage 1
Other Parts:
  • Racing Brake Kit
  • Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
  • Fully-Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential
  • Intake Tuning
  • Isometric Exhaust Manifold
  • Catalytic Converter: Sports
Suspension
Ride Height (F/R):
69 / 87
Spring Rate (F/R):
7.18 / 7.08
Dampers - Comp. (F/R):
8 / 7
Dampers - Ext. (F/R):
7 / 6
Anti-Roll Bars (F/R):
2 / 4
Camber Angle (F/R):
1.6 / 1.8
Toe Angle (F/R):
-0.06 / 0.36
Brake Balance (F/R):
5 / 8
Transmission
Max. Speed:
200 kph
1st Gear:
2nd Gear:
3rd Gear:
4th Gear:
5th Gear:
Final Gear:
Special Instructions:
RESET / 3.000 / 200 KM/h / 1º2ª3ª4ª5ª / FINAL GEAR 2.500
Drivetrain
Initial Torque (F/R):
00 / 08
Accel. Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 12
Braking Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 30
Power
Power Limiter:
96.3%
Body
Ballast Weight:
16 kg
Ballast Position:
-30%
Driving Aids
Traction Control:
ABS Level:
Autumn_Ring_4.jpg

Last edited:
I assume you quoted me first and corrected it? Quoted both to help you out @Bowtie-muscle. :sly:
Yeah, I am having problems with my mouse, likes to multy click, making me crazy.
Bowtie Mucle
Vauxhall VX 220 '00'

Glad you liked it, thanks for testing and for the good time.👍
I look forward to testing these Tuscans and seeing if anyone else could figure the car out 👍
I have to admit I am surprised by all the TVRs, thought the Lotus would be the more popular car. Glad to see it will be a mixed field.
@Otaliema was just curious as to which state, was not looking for a specific location but it's ok. Just spent two days in frigid Pa., but fun time.

I am back now and will try and get the tunes all linked.

@Otaliema was just curious as to which state, was not looking for a specific location but it's ok. Just spent two days in frigid Pa., but fun time.
I know, but i made it a rule that the must I will provide is my region, yo make things simpler on me. But I am no place near PA not quite as humid or cold thankfully. Welcome back looking forward to your reviews on the street class too.

espritAutumn Ring_4.jpg

FITT Street Sports Car Class
Lotus Esprit V8 '02
Project: Slippery when wet

Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 418 BHP @ 6000 Rpm / 51.0 kgfm @ 5900 Rpm
Weight: 1130 kg
Performance Points: 525 PP
Wheels: Standard Size
Fitted parts: Front Aero A
Tires: SM
Weight Distribution: 46:54

Suspension : (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 100 Rear: 100
Spring Rate: Front: 4.26 kg Rear: 6.25 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 3 Rear: 2
Dampers (Extension): Front: 2 Rear: 3
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 6 Rear: 5
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.15° Rear: 0.04°
Brakes (Racing): F: 3 R: 3

Drivetrain: (Fully Customisable Transmission)

1) Set final to 4.550

2) Set Max Speed to 124
3) Set in sequence (5-4-3-2-1)

1: 3.035

2: 2.130
3: 1.615
4: 1.285
5: 1.045

Final: 3.515

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff​

Initial Torque: R= 8
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 8