FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

Lotus Espirit V8 '02
To be honest, I really didn't spend much time on this tune. Most of my free time has gone to trying to finish Dragon Age 2 before the new one comes out :lol:. But, I can't win if I don't submit anything, so here you go.

Espirit in CoAaS.jpg

espirit vehicle card.png

@demonchilde
@ImToLegitToQuit
@Ridox2JZGTE
@sinof1337

Gentlemen, tunes are due by midnight tonight, basically until I get to the computer in the morning at around 8am. Please get them in before then or let me know if you intend to submit.

Thank you.

I only got a factory car replica with optional GT 350 / Sport 350 suspension and X180-R LSD upgrade, I did made 525PP version with revised damper and ARB for SM tire ( only power bump as I wanted to keep the weight+distribution ) :( If testers feels testing such car is an abuse of the system, then I think it's better that I don't submit my entry. It easily lap in 1:23s at Autumn Ring Reverse on 1st lap ( cold tires ), but I guess that will be too slow.

View attachment 256799
FITT Street Sports Car Class
Lotus Esprit V8 '02
Project: Slippery when wet

Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 418 BHP @ 6000 Rpm / 51.0 kgfm @ 5900 Rpm
Weight: 1130 kg
Performance Points: 525 PP
Wheels: Standard Size
Fitted parts: Front Aero A
Tires: SM
Weight Distribution: 46:54

Suspension : (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 100 Rear: 100
Spring Rate: Front: 4.26 kg Rear: 6.25 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 3 Rear: 2
Dampers (Extension): Front: 2 Rear: 3
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 6 Rear: 5
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.15° Rear: 0.04°
Brakes (Racing): F: 3 R: 3

Drivetrain: (Fully Customisable Transmission)

1) Set final to 4.550
2) Set Max Speed to 124
3) Set in sequence (5-4-3-2-1)

1: 3.035

2: 2.130
3: 1.615
4: 1.285
5: 1.045

Final: 3.515

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff​

Initial Torque: R= 8
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 8
Braking Sensitivity: R= 22

Clutch & Flywheel:
Triple-Plate
Propeller Shaft: Standard

Power

Oil Change:
No
Power Limiter: 87.1%
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Standard
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage: High-RPM
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement:
No
Downforce: F: 0 R: 0
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: 0 kg
Ballast position: 0%
I found that having heaps of torque in the esprit proved very dangerous, and hard to control, but I guess if you can control the car you will get faster laps for sure. I guess that my esprit will most certainly be one of the slowest with all the understeer and whatnot.

2:02.0xx in one:sly:, 2:02.3xx in the other.:dopey:........not sure which one I will be posting, hard to decide.
Do I recall you saying at the end of last week that you were ready to post results for the roadster class? I am looking forward to seeing what you made of all of those cars. :)

Your time may be about the same as mine, if not a little faster in the Pro Touring Class. I can get (with AT transmission) 2.03.5s easily but I know that switching to manual will make it about a second faster. This is what usually happens with my tunes anyway.

Last edited:
Esprit V8 '02
525pp
De= 3/5
Arb= 5/3
Camber= 0.5/0.2
Toe= -0.10/+0.20
Brakes= 7/6
Carbon hood
low weight windows
power limiter = 100%
Racing exhaust
Iso. Manifold
sports cat. Converter
Intake tuning
Gear1 = 2.770
Gear2 = 1.930
Gear3 = 1.440
Gear4 = 1.120
Gear5 = 0.910
Then final gear to 3.360

If I missed something, try to let me know when possible. Have to go to sleep now, then up just in time to go back to work, lol.
Im happy with this tune, however I think this cars "sweet spot" is closer to 600pp.
Good luck everyone ^^

Lotus Esprit V8 Street / Track 525PP Version

Special Build Lotus Esprit V8
FITT British Invasion

Sports Medium

Autumn Ring_101.jpg

CAR : Lotus Esprit V8 '02
Tire : Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 480 HP at 7000 RPM
Torque : 373.2 ft-lb at 6500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1391 kg
Ballast : 136 kg
Ballast Position : 34
Weight Distribution : 43 / 57 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 525

GT AUTO
NO OIL Change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Java Green
Rear Wing : NO WING ( removed stock wing )

Tuning Parts Installed :
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch ( factory fitted IRL )
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Goodwood Hillclimb_35.jpg

Suspension - Sport 350 Lotus Final Edition Package with Eibach Springs and Bilstein Damper

Street / Track Alignment Range
Factory Ride Height Setup

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 139 133
Spring Rate: 6.25 5.89
Dampers (Compression): 3 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 9
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4
Camber Angle: 0.7 0.9
Toe Angle: -0.03 0.15

LSD - X180-R ZF Clutch Type LSD
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 26
Braking Sensitivity: 13

Brake Balance:
5/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 5/5.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 )

with 5/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Lotus Esprit in this build is based on a factory car with mild modification for track that I have built. This 525PP version is different in some ways, damper and ARB has been tweaked further for sports medium tire fitment and a high rpm turbo kit has been added.

In real life, Lotus Esprit V8 comes with no LSD from factory ( open diff ), while in GT6, a stock Esprit has LSD :grumpy:. There are only 2 later generation Esprit model that comes with LSD from factory, Sport 300 ( non V8 ) and X180-R. The Sport 300 has torsen ( gear ) LSD, while X180-R has ZF clutch type LSD. Weight figure at 1391 kg, based on a curb weight of 2002 Esprit V8 with real life distribution at around 43/57 - closer to 42.5/57.5 :P The Esprit V8 also comes with twin plate AP clutch from factory ( GT6 stock clutch needs to be upgraded to twin plate :grumpy: )

The suspension uses Sport 350 Final Edition adjustable Eibach Springs/Bilstein Damper kit, developed in partnership between Lotus, Eibach and Bilstein. Damper and ARB has been stiffened to accommodate the cornering speed and load from the higher grip tire ( SM ). The factory ride height has also been replicated as close as possible.
The Esprit V8 Alignment alignment uses the range of values from a variety of sources ( manual, dealer specs and alignment machine ).

The LSD is tuned at around 40% lock, similar in performance to X180-R ZF LSD and Sport 300 Torsen LSD. The LSD gives much needed stability and work well with the suspension setup - chosen over the open diff setup ( 5/5/5 ) of the stock replica which badly affecting the car balance when pushed hard on high grip tires. The same issue in real life Esprit V8, having an open differential means less optimal traction and not good when driven hard at the track.

When tested at Autumn Ring Reverse, the car easily lap in 1:23s on 1st lap with early stage tweak. I included a replay of the said run for reference on preferable line to take, braking point and throttle play. Enjoy :cheers:

Goodwood Hillclimb_36.jpg

UPDATE : Added weight reduction stage 1 ( forgot to type :lol: )

Attachments

• EspritV81m23sAutumnRingReverseSM.zip
    319.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Do I recall you saying at the end of last week that you were ready to post results for the roadster class? I am looking forward to seeing what you made of all of those cars. :)

Yes, results are ready I just need to find time to post, hoping for this evening.:)

@Ridox2JZGTE, @sinof1337, and @demonchilde Thanks for getting them in and good luck.

Field is now set and tuning is now over for this class, testing may begin. Keep in mind that there is still a week left for the Roadster Class testing if anyone wishes to test and submit results. Those cars are a lot of fun at Brands Hatch and hopefully the Street Class will be their equal at Autumn Ring.

@Otaliema I have two (non-location:lol:) questions for you, are you going to test the Roadster Class?
And are you going to handle the scoring for me or are you working with @cbarbosa for him to handle?
I am sure everyone is curious as to where they stand currently and I apologize for not having the time to do something about checking into scoring.

**Appears that the wave of TVRs was short lived and the Lotus will have more entries, will be fun to see how this class shacks out :dopey: **

Yes, results are ready I just need to find time to post, hoping for this evening.:)

@Ridox2JZGTE, @sinof1337, and @demonchilde Thanks for getting them in and good luck.

Field is now set and tuning is now over for this class, testing may begin. Keep in mind that there is still a week left for the Roadster Class testing if anyone wishes to test and submit results. Those cars are a lot of fun at Brands Hatch and hopefully the Street Class will be their equal at Autumn Ring.

@Otaliema I have two (non-location:lol:) questions for you, are you going to test the Roadster Class?
And are you going to handle the scoring for me or are you working with @cbarbosa for him to handle?
I am sure everyone is curious as to where they stand currently and I apologize for not having the time to do something about checking into scoring.

**Appears that the wave of TVRs was short lived and the Lotus will have more entries, will be fun to see how this class shacks out :dopey: **
I'll do scoring I'll build the sheet the tomorrow and get it posted so you can link it in.

I'm hoping testers would break into to 1:22s with my Esprit :) The 1:23s has 19s 1st sector and low 54s last sector, which is not bad, the whole run was on test pace, so I kind of coast mode on several corners and apply throttle a bit late on some exit to get the feel of the car in early test stage. There's a bit of smokey action too :P

@Bowtie-muscle i dunno if I will have time to test the roadsters. I'm pressed for time as it is, still have several things to test on the pro class for my tune.
I'll just have the time to test the street and pro classes as it is.
I still haven't had a chance to get back to the mustanges from @Motor City Hami challenge to test them as I promised I would do -_-

@Bowtie-muscle i dunno if I will have time to test the roadsters. I'm pressed for time as it is, still have several things to test on the pro class for my tune.
I'll just have the time to test the street and pro classes as it is.
I still haven't had a chance to get back to the mustanges from @Motor City Hami challenge to test them as I promised I would do -_-
I didn't think so and did not have you down to test, just thought I would ask.

I found that having heaps of torque in the esprit proved very dangerous, and hard to control, but I guess if you can control the car you will get faster laps for sure. I guess that my esprit will most certainly be one of the slowest with all the understeer and whatnot.
I found that with the Esprit oversteer was inevitable and there wasn't much difference between a horsepower/toque bias in terms of preventing it. With the higher torque I found that the car accelerated better and was easier to control when you encountered wheel spin, just a little preference from drifting really. Always found that once traction is lost that more horsepower will make your wheels change speed faster and destabilise the car more easily, torque offers you more control and will maintain speed better so you can get away with a little bit of slip without dropping so much time.

I've got to try out your tune Ridox, you went a totally different direction then I did. This is going to be fun ^^
Yes, good luck everyone.
I wish I had time to help them test, but were doing massive overtime this month at work. As it is I only get on for like half hour or so before I have to go to bed to go in early again.
Its great on the money end, but not so much fun on the time off end, lol.

Again, good luck everyone :gtpflag:

Lotus/TVR Reviews - DS3 | Sensitivity = 7 | ABS =1 | All else off

1. @praiano63
Lap-time: 1:19.880
Top Speed: 137 MPH
DC: 9.8

Car feels very different from stock. One of the best things about this tune is that it allows you to more easily power out of corners - both low and highspeed which results in a much faster midsection of the track. The brakes are super sensitive and if you want to go fast in this car you must brake in a straight line and be very gentle as to how you let off them - otherwise the car tends to spin and you lose time. The brakes do allow a slightly easier entry into some of the low speed corners but I think they need to be just a little bit less sensitive. Another thing I would prefer is for the back to have a little more slip - it would allow the car to take the two large righthand sweepers faster. Best transmission award - if there is such a thing, it's yours.

2. @sinof1337
Lap-time: 1:20.969
Top Speed: 136 MPH [-1 MPH]
DC: 8.0

A very consistent and predictable car. Brakes seem a little weaker than I'm accustomed to. Car has a tendency to understeer a little more than I would like. My times were very consistent throughout so I don't think I can do much better in the lap-time department. I feel like the transmission could be optimized a little more for an auto user. Overall the car feels pretty good for doing lap after lap, it's just not very fast.

3. @Bowtie-muscle
Lap-time: 1:20.393
Top Speed: 137 MPH [0 MPH]
DC: 8.5

Car is very neutral in balance. Handles the track very well although it lacks a little bit of precision. Doesn't shoot out of slow corners as well as it could. Enjoyable drive and almost a top contender.

4. @DolHaus
Lap-time: 1:20.172
Top Speed: 135 MPH [-2 MPH]
DC: 9.5

Feels like the hardest to control car I've tested yet. Likes to wash out on both acceleration and braking unless I was super careful. My lap-times were pretty inconsistently slow even taking into account the fast lap. Driving it super smoothly yields a fast time no doubt. Second Gear seemed to be too short - as I would redline on it a couple of times during the lap losing some time. On a second drive, this car feels more fun - really appreciate the slipperiness of it..

5. @demonchilde
Lap-time: 1:21.631
Top Speed: 135 [-2 MPH]
DC: 5.0

With this tune, the Esprit feels like an FR car, and I don't mean that in a good way. Gone is the eagerness with which MR cars like to rotate. The car also doesn't fare too well under power as the back likes to over-rotate sometimes. The gearbox is also far too long for this track.

6. @nijalninja
Lap-time: 1:22.166
Top Speed: 137 [0 MPH]
DC: 7.0

Feels like an alright car. Nothing major wrong with it. Fairly easy to drive - transitions from corner to corner well. Seemingly quite slow, perhaps due to the camber? Please improve the readability of your tune posts for the future, as well as list both in kph and mph.

7. @Ridox2JZGTE
Lap-time: 1:23.097
Top Speed: Slow :D
DC: 9.5

Knowing @Ridox2JZGTE cars of old, I prepared myself for what I expected to be a handful. Instead what I got was an extremely pleasant car to drive. The only car tested so far that actually defaults to oversteer in the right-hand sweepers - YES! Also, I'm quite thankful that I didn't have to listen to that stupid racing exhaust yet again.

8. @shaunm80
Lap-time: 1:21.858
DC: 7.0

Cars feels very planted and safe. Controls the available power very well with little to no wheelspin. Understeer seems under control. In comparison to the other two Tuscans, this car is just too stiff. Needs more rotation to be able to compete. Couldn't get close to the Esprit times.

9. @787bcgr
Lap-time: 1:20.984
DC: 9.0

Coming from my first Tuscan, this car felt quite different. My first experience was a very lively rear end - it felt like it wanted to dance. After a few laps, I understood how to drive this car. You can't grab it by the neck and trash it around, no, this car is a fine lady. You need to be extremely gentle and precise with the controls to get the most out of it. My only problem is that there's a little too much understeer sometimes. On my fast lap I almost went off because I couldn't get the car inline. (Replay saved and available). The time speaks for itself I think.

10. @DaBomm4
Lap-time: 1:20.965
DC: 9.0

Feels even more lively than @787bcgr's car yet has more front end grip. Excellent job just as the car above, It's just that little bit better. My only complaint is that the brakes on @787bcgr's car feel better (Maybe due to BB or LSD, I don't know). The transmission top end also felt 1-2 mph too low. Great car otherwise. There's another .100 I kept losing in between laps - This car can go even faster.

11. @xande1959
Lap-time: 1:22.253
DC: 6.5

To summarize, the car felt lazy. Not much drama under power or braking. Not much rotation and a little bit of understeer. Felt slower on the track than the other Tuscans. Driving it was fairly easy and I didn't mind it - problem is that it's slow.

FINAL RESULTS

Last edited:
Back