FITT BTCC Championship - !! Driver Spot Available !!

Wikimedia_servers_Sept04.jpg

why?
GT6 not have a own server will be very difficult.
if he had not we would have these problems roomful, 854 errors etc ...
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Good racing today guys.:cheers:

Looking forward to the uploaded replay as I got dc'd before I could save my games replay :(

Brands Hatch Tune
Volkswagen Scirocco R '10

489 PP, 300 hp, 1300 kg

15393736710_138e7131b8_z.jpg

Custom Parts
Front Aero Type A
Flat Floors
Rear Wing Custom Wing - Type A
Rims: Classic Steel Smooth standard size
Paint: Spirited Green Metallic

Pit Service
Change Oil
Improve Body Rigidity
Overhaul Engine

Installed Tuning Parts
Sport Soft Tires
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch & Flywheel
Engine Tuning Standard
Sports Computer ECU (mandatory)
Sports Exhaust
Standard Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Standard Intake
No Turbo Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood Installed
Window Weight Reduction Installed

Tune
Ride Height 72/72
Springs 7.00/10.50
Dampers Compression 3/9
Dampers Extension 10/3
Anti-Roll Bars 3/7
Camber 0.0/1.0
Toe -0.28/-0.35
Brake balance 2/7
LSD 9/17/5
Downforce 0/5
Power Level 95.2%
Ballast 145 kg
Ballast Position -13
Weight Distribution 54:46 (mandatory)

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.000
Max Speed to 124 (never touch again)
1st gear 3.200
2nd gear 2.200
3rd gear 1.675
4th gear 1.355
5th gear 1.145
6th gear 1.000
Final gear 4.400 (adjust this to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

Last edited:
Did something bad happened that they left ?

The room was having a lot of issues, people were not able to get in or were being disconnected, and the lag was awful. Took at least 40 minutes of track resets, new rooms and new hosts before qualifying took part. By the time race 1 was finished it seemed some people had ran out of their free time to compete.

We really got to see how poor GT's netcode is yesterday, but they'll always be someone in the forums saying it is every user's fault and not the game or servers.

The room was having a lot of issues, people were not able to get in or were being disconnected, and the lag was awful. Took at least 40 minutes of track resets, new rooms and new hosts before qualifying took part. By the time race 1 was finished it seemed some people had ran out of their free time to compete.

We really got to see how poor GT's netcode is yesterday, but they'll always be someone in the forums saying it is every user's fault and not the game or servers.
^^^^Agree 100%. I have never experienced that many issues like you guys did last night. That was insane.

It's been like that since GT5 :grumpy: Make sure all players have at least NAT 2, disable mics, set room quality lower to standard / high, limit driver/lobby capacity to less than 8 if possible. Also get a host with lowest ping with good upload/download, 5Mbps down and 3Mbps up is more than enough. I have lower download and upload speed, with no mics, I used to host no ABS room back in GT5 with no issue ( 6 drivers limit )

I had issue joining lobby back in GT5, mostly host being incompatible with me ( usually caused by the host having bad upload rate/ping and GT servers somehow don't like it and blocked me ), the only way to fix it, is to transfer host to someone else more reliable.

Sorry guys, I've been scratching my head thinking of ways around the network issues and how we can salvage something for Group 2. There's no question in my mind that @PatrisS136 will have to move to Group 1, as it's predominantly EU and hopefully will reduce lag. This would potentially mean that @danbojte and I would have to shift to Group 2, in order that we still have one of the four cars represented. I'm not sure how your connection is though, Dan? Are you normally able to race with our North American brethren?

To add to the woes, we're also a man down. Brian has had to bail, leaving Legit without a driver. I'll advertise in the title, but if anyone has someone in mind who can step in, or if there's someone watching the thread that's interested, please say so.

I have a feeling that we may have to disregard Round 1 altogether and start afresh from Round 2. Group 2 has yet to complete a race with all the drivers. We're a driver down in Group 1 and I still have an unresolved issue which I've been putting off dealing with. I don't want to chuck the towel in, just because of how shonky this game is, but I'm conscious of it becoming a spectacle. So, post your thoughts below, please folks :indiff:

{Cy}

Sorry guys, I've been scratching my head thinking of ways around the network issues and how we can salvage something for Group 2. There's no question in my mind that @PatrisS136 will have to move to Group 1, as it's predominantly EU and hopefully will reduce lag. This would potentially mean that @danbojte and I would have to shift to Group 2, in order that we still have one of the four cars represented. I'm not sure how your connection is though, Dan? Are you normally able to race with our North American brethren?

To add to the woes, we're also a man down. Brian has had to bail, leaving Legit without a driver. I'll advertise in the title, but if anyone has someone in mind who can step in, or if there's someone watching the thread that's interested, please say so.

I have a feeling that we may have to disregard Round 1 altogether and start afresh from Round 2. Group 2 has yet to complete a race with all the drivers. We're a driver down in Group 1 and I still have an unresolved issue which I've been putting off dealing with. I don't want to chuck the towel in, just because of how shonky this game is, but I'm conscious of it becoming a spectacle. So, post your thoughts below, please folks :indiff:

{Cy}
Well, first off I would hate to see this series fall through the cracks because of network issues. Cy, you the Tuners, and the Driver's have put in too much time at this point to have this fall at the waist side.

With that said though, things happen in life all the time leaving a series minus some racers/tuners along with picking new drivers/tuners up. A few series that I have run always has this situation of loss of people along with one week of racing destroyed by the network. I think we can chalk group 2's weekend up to the crappie network weekend for the series.

I say push on and not drop anything with the series, well except the Ford, but still regardless I think this series needs to continue.

Well, first off I would hate to see this series fall through the cracks because of network issues. Cy, you the Tuners, and the Driver's have put in too much time at this point to have this fall at the waist side.

With that said though, things happen in life all the time leaving a series minus some racers/tuners along with picking new drivers/tuners up. A few series that I have run always has this situation of loss of people along with one week of racing destroyed by the network. I think we can chalk group 2's weekend up to the crappie network weekend for the series.

I say push on and not drop anything with the series, well except the Ford, but still regardless I think this series needs to continue.

If you need a driver to move to group 2 i do not have a problem with this.. I race with a lot of american friends in the geezer club {for over 60s} Time is not a problem for me and connection problems only arise occasionally. stewy

Looks like we can test a race with Stewy as a host or Dan with US racers, see if we have issues :)

Usually the cause of lobby unstable ( people can't join ), is caused by one of the lobby member or the host. Maybe Stewy host a room, and get each driver to join one by one/in turn.

Last edited:
I say one big group. Everyone at once. :)

If we set the room up at a fixed host, keep the slots available down and deny mics, the connection should be fine. Just need to remember to set quality to something that doesn't make the cars look like they're floating.

As long as the series continues I'm all good.

If we set the room up at a fixed host, keep the slots available down and deny mics, the connection should be fine. Just need to remember to set quality to something that doesn't make the cars look like they're floating.

I second that. 👍

I agree, the series needs to push through the rough waters. The idea is good, the people are great, and it is a lot of fun! I would love to see all of us on the track at once, but obviously getting everyone to agree on a time would be difficult. Myself being one of those 🤬 who can only race in a very small window.:crazy:
Perhaps in the rare cases that drivers or tuners need to sit out a race or two, maybe their counterpart could step in and take the reigns for the week(s) in question. I know my tuner is extremely busy with his job and family and hasn't had the chance to tune for Indy, and that is more than fair, so I'm trying to press on and not screw up the setup too much.:scared:
My vote is that you are doing great, Cy, even with all of the issues. I'm sure everyone would be willing to find a way to get this to work and keep it going.:cheers:

frustrating and you want to attend an event and not due to power servers, host incompatibility .nem everyone has the same internet with the same speed, my humble opnion to continue the event .logico complete the race in Group 2.:cheers:

Hi,

I have a very good connection, Cy. The issue is across any ocean, despite of any connection you have had.
I'm just confused about, why shall we, two EUs, move to the US group?! 💡

Keep moving! :gtpflag:
I only suggest us moving to Group 2 as we only have two BMWs in the event. If Patris joins us, then both BMWs are in the same group. I don't normally experience network issues and can quite happily race with US or EU, it sounds like you have a similar connection. After Patris was DC'd from the lobby, most of the network issues cleared up (we'd run out of time for a full three races by that time), so I think we need to bring him a little closer to home.
If you need a driver to move to group 2 i do not have a problem with this.. I race with a lot of american friends in the geezer club {for over 60s} Time is not a problem for me and connection problems only arise occasionally. stewy
Sit tight for now, Sir. As per above, I'd like to have each of the four cars represented in each group. I don't mind having duplicates, we have duplicate Fords and Hondas.

If it were easy enough to find a time for us all to race and the game was stable, I'd be up for that. BTCC grids can feature up to 30 cars, I can't imagine what the first corner would be like if we ran everyone at once..!!

We'll persevere for now. I'm backed up at work right now, I'll get on tonight and have a little rearrange and update of the thread. If anyone else has a grand idea or ways forward, please shout. Thanks for the encouragement, guys, I need it...

{Cy}

How are the time trials going at Indy for anyone who wants to tell.:mischievous: I'll start it off, I'm at 1:42.9, but still lots to tune and have yet to run with others for draft help... darn Ford!:lol: I'm hoping for low 1:42's if the Blue Oval powers to be will allow.:nervous:

How are the time trials going at Indy for anyone who wants to tell.:mischievous: I'll start it off, I'm at 1:42.9, but still lots to tune and have yet to run with others for draft help... darn Ford!:lol: I'm hoping for low 1:42's if the Blue Oval powers to be will allow.:nervous:

Need high 1:41s at the very least. My Scirocco can do low 1:42s with some sloppy entry on the slow corners. Try to make the most on the twisty parts, a lot of time to be gained there.

High 40's for me offline and mid-high 41's online with fuel and tyre wear. Front tyres were down to 8 after 15 laps but the race will only be 10 if I'm right? If you can keep wheelspin down out of the hairpins not only do you launch out of them but the tyres won't go down to 9's until around lap 7, the first half of the lap is pretty tyre friendly.

High 40's for me offline and mid-high 41's online with fuel and tyre wear. Front tyres were down to 8 after 15 laps but the race will only be 10 if I'm right? If you can keep wheelspin down out of the hairpins not only do you launch out of them but the tyres won't go down to 9's until around lap 7, the first half of the lap is pretty tyre friendly.

Spillin' the beans early :lol: I thought keeping the competitor guessing is one of the strategy :lol: Just kidding mate :D I'm glad the Civic is not a tire eater, I was kind of concerned with the low speed section at Indianapolis Road.

The real worry is being overtaken on the long straight :lol:

Spillin' the beans early :lol: I thought keeping the competitor guessing is one of the strategy :lol: Just kidding mate :D I'm glad the Civic is not a tire eater, I was kind of concerned with the low speed section at Indianapolis Road.

The real worry is being overtaken on the long straight :lol:

I don't mind sharing my experiences really, are saying where I think I'm gaining time. For instance, I surprised how late you can brake after the 1/4 mile straight where the drag rooms do their racing. The more competition the merrier, door to door racing, side by side through a whole lap is what I live for in racing games.

From the few laps I had with other cars, the straight line speed isn't as bad as you'd think, I was able to gain in the draft too. It also helps when you can get a good exit on to the final straight, I think my apex speed averaged around 73-74mph on the final sharp turn but it's difficult to get the line just right.

Back