FITT BTCC Championship - !! Driver Spot Available !!

Sign me up driver with Miata13b as tuner...ok 13?.
I will tune for you no problem, however I will also be racing my long lost friend ;-)

Maybe since all the shenanigans that has been going on in my life the past few months has come to an end Team IOUW will be back on track now. :-)

Ok, thanks everyone who has so far registered an interest, it's most appreciated. Thus far, if everyone assumes a single role (driver or tuner), then we have 9 tuners and 10 drivers. This is pretty close to 3 groups of 4 teams, if we can find 3 more tuners and 2 more drivers. Based on expressed interest so far, we're not going to be able to make each group exclusively EU or US, but I don't envisage this being too problematic. I'd still like to avoid people doubling up (for their own sanity, if nothing else), so if there's anyone else out there reading this that's teetering on the edge, please jump on in and join us 👍

{Cy}

I like this 👍 :cheers: :gtpflag: :cheers: 👍 I hope it all works out

I think maybe For the first event, tuner to driver pairing should be random, like names in a hat. This will establish where to shift drivers and tuners for the following event or at least provide a ranking for later events. It does feel weird using flat floors, but not a killer if everybody has it. I would humbly suggest limiting power limiting to a small amount like 5%. You can raise the tq keeping the hp the same adding parts and using more power limiter, its reflected in pp so when an event has a pp limit there will be only so much this trick can be used, but no pp and no power limiting limit opens the door to legit semi cheesing. 05.0% (95% limit) is enough to adjust for any variation a part swap wont handle.

My suggestions are only my thoughts, I'm nobody special, just some text on the net

I like much of how the event is structured . I would like to be a Tuner if its possible.

:gtpflag:

I, too, had a thought bouncing around in my head. Well, one of a few, there's plenty of room up there for them...back on subject. If, and I mean if, you have tuner/driver paired up, and there is an issue that the driver can't make the event, but the tuner can, that the tuner can fill in for that race. Maybe a subtraction of points or have to start at the rear, like Nascar. Granted it's not 42 cars to pass to get the lead, but if times are close then it can still be a struggle.

Sounds about right with the BMW, I have been doing stock power comparisons of each car with weight adjusted to the parameters. That BMW is extremely capable.

I'll take you on as a tuner... however I was really looking forward to racing you.

Actually, @Nail-27 as a driver might flourish more as a driver then myself. Your choice, but I believe he would legitimately improve versus myself.

I'll take you on as a tuner... however I was really looking forward to racing you.

Actually, @Nail-27 as a driver might flourish more as a driver then myself. Your choice, but I believe he would legitimately improve versus myself.

We could do some racing while setting up the cars. :cheers:

Just throwing this out there. If there are less than 8 drivers able to race, perhaps the tuners could be allowed to race too as part of the team and must use the same setup?

Though I'd prefer to be a driver, more people seem to have applied as a driver compared to tuners, so guess I'll enter as a tuner to help balance out the applications. Who would like me to tune for them?
We might have a hard time finding that many people that can run as fast as you!:sly: I don't know @miata13B , but it sounds like he can. Your lap time in the Ford challenge at Willow is by far the one to beat.:bowdown:

Are you on about the tune during your testing? And I think my apparent speed is overstated, there are plenty of people faster than me 👍
I'm talking about the lap time that you had in your tune vs my time in your tune and what others are going to have in it. And sure there might be people who are faster, but you are faster than most. Don't be so modest!:lol:
Now the question is if you can carry that speed while racing others?:P

Lewis is veteran racer :P Had a 1 on 1 race once back in GT5, he was seconds ahead in no time, even with same spec car :D
The exact reason why I would like to race against Lewis. It is what I get out of the experience versus going for a win that is more important to me. Although I am no slouch, but there are many who are way faster then me too.

It is a chance to not only compare race craft and the ability of racing, it is far more important to take lessons during a race for future competitions to be competitive in.

The exact reason why I would like to race against Lewis. It is what I get out of the experience versus going for a win that is more important to me. Although I am no slouch, but there are many who are way faster then me too.

It is a chance to not only compare race craft and the ability of racing, it is far more important to take lessons during a race for future competitions to be competitive in.
I agree, but in order for me to learn how they are taking certain lines and where they are beating me on the track, they have to be a tad bit closer than a spec outside my windshield! The best racing for me is a constant battle with another racer and knowing that neither of us will intentionally dump the other.

I like this 👍 :cheers: :gtpflag: :cheers: 👍 I hope it all works out

I think maybe For the first event, tuner to driver pairing should be random, like names in a hat. This will establish where to shift drivers and tuners for the following event or at least provide a ranking for later events. It does feel weird using flat floors, but not a killer if everybody has it. I would humbly suggest limiting power limiting to a small amount like 5%. You can raise the tq keeping the hp the same adding parts and using more power limiter, its reflected in pp so when an event has a pp limit there will be only so much this trick can be used, but no pp and no power limiting limit opens the door to legit semi cheesing. 05.0% (95% limit) is enough to adjust for any variation a part swap wont handle.

My suggestions are only my thoughts, I'm nobody special, just some text on the net

I like much of how the event is structured . I would like to be a Tuner if its possible.

:gtpflag:

I wouldn't mind tuning for Ronald. Not sure if you are letting us pick or if you are going to try random or some other rank pairing, but Ronald and I seem to just click.
Regarding driver/tuner selection, I'm thinking that we either allow people to make sensible choices, which may not be inclusive enough, or everyone sets a time in the BMW, built to spec but un-tuned at Brands Indy, for example. We then pair people based on times. I don't know if it's a good idea or not to have teams of vastly mixed ability?
Sounds about right with the BMW, I have been doing stock power comparisons of each car with weight adjusted to the parameters. That BMW is extremely capable.
You'll see in the below video that the cars have obvious pros and cons. We spent a fair bit of time trying these cars out, but that begin said, if there are people currently testing these cars that find a car that is particularly dominate and would benefit from further restriction, please say 👍

Though I'd prefer to be a driver, more people seem to have applied as a driver compared to tuners, so guess I'll enter as a tuner to help balance out the applications. Who would like me to tune for them?
I've currently got you down to drive, but as you can see we don't have even numbers at the moment, we still need to either drum up a little more interest, ask people to step down or find one more person and introduce a 5th car :crazy: I spent a bit of time sorting through those that have already applied, it looks a little like the below. I've avoided anyone having to tune and driver, I've also placed people in a group if they've expressed a preference. There is no correlation between the two lists currently:

Mechanic
  1. flip55
  2. gtmetacrisis
  3. xande1959
  4. Motor City Hami
  5. krenkme
  6. NEWDRIVER2
  7. Gino Caberlin
  8. CyKosis1973
  9. randyrockstiff
Driver
  1. miata13B
  2. Ronald6
  3. 787bcgr
  4. Nail-27
  5. Lewis_Hamilton_
  6. brian wolf
  7. Lionheart2113
  8. Stewyripper
  9. danbojte
  10. DirtyNurbKing58
Regarding the oddness of flat floors, I understand what you're saying, I've only ever driven cars using them by mistake. However, they're an essential ingredient in the challenge, as these cars are trying to replicate cars that utilise flat floors and other active aero elements. Don't be lulled into a false sense of security though, it may seem like a whole lot more grip than we're used to, it's very easy to unsettle these cars, resulting in fairly spectacular crashes. But that's not even it, the slightest mistake will cost you dearly, if you lift the inside tyres over a curb, you'll break the downforce and find yourself going wide. These are race cars, not time trial cars, if you cock a lap up, it could cost you the race.

Regarding power limiting, yes, I think it's a good idea to adopt standard FITT rules of minimal limiting to achieve PP only 👍

{Cy}

Is it possible to be a tuner if I can't get online, aka blind tuner :lol:
I don't see why not, I think we're all likely to face some sort of limitation, in so much as we're going to have to rely on good communication in order to achieve success. Provided you're able to translate what your driver is telling you and provide them with what they want, I'm sure you can over come any game version limitations. Obviously both you and whichever driver would have to be understanding and accepting of this fact.

To be honest, I'm more concerned about finding someone to pair up with @xande1959. I have a driver who has agreed in principle to team up with him, but if there's a driver who feels they are equipped enough to over come the language barrier, please step forward. I want everyone to have as fair a crack of the whip as possible 👍

{Cy}

@CyKosis1973 your idea about people qualifying in a built to spec un-tuned car is a great idea. I was planning on doing lap times for all 4 cars and posting them to see where it matches with others.👍 Plus it would be a chance for me to see which ones I liked the best.

I don't see why not, I think we're all likely to face some sort of limitation, in so much as we're going to have to rely on good communication in order to achieve success. Provided you're able to translate what your driver is telling you and provide them with what they want, I'm sure you can over come any game version limitations. Obviously both you and whichever driver would have to be understanding and accepting of this fact.

To be honest, I'm more concerned about finding someone to pair up with @xande1959. I have a driver who has agreed in principle to team up with him, but if there's a driver who feels they are equipped enough to over come the language barrier, please step forward. I want everyone to have as fair a crack of the whip as possible 👍

{Cy}

Cool :cool: Blind Tuner :mischievous: Now finding the driver :nervous: I plan to use my ATS / Mugen Tokai Pallas FD2 Civic One Make replica as base, it will need tweaking to compensate for the flat floor and maybe aggressive alignment to make rotate like on ice :mischievous: It did 2:20s at Suzuka, 2:10s at Twin Ring Motegi Road Course and 1:55s at Fuji Speedway F.

Last edited:
If only I could be more certain on me being able to race with you guys when this starts, I would enjoy driving with you guys. And I wouldn't mind being @Ridox2JZGTE's driver, but my time is still my only concern. :mad: I will stay in the loop though. Good luck and great interest. :)

@CyKosis1973 your idea about people qualifying in a built to spec un-tuned car is a great idea. I was planning on doing lap times for all 4 cars and posting them to see where it matches with others.👍 Plus it would be a chance for me to see which ones I liked the best.
I don't know how important it is to group people based on ability, I feel like it should be, or at least I feel like I wouldn't be overly confident in providing for a driver who was a lot quicker than me, maybe I'm wrong?

Regarding the cars, please do try them all, they all have merits. I'm not sure the Ford will get much love, but it's a capable all-rounder. The VW is a steam train (hence the extra limiting). The Honda provides not surprises, great speed and agility (for the least PP too). The Beemer has the obvious RWD advantage and is great in the corners, but can be easily caught under braking and on the longer straights.
Cool :cool: Blind Tuner :mischievous: Now finding the driver :nervous: I plan to use my ATS / Mugen Tokai Pallast FD2 Civic One Make replica as base, it will need tweaking to compensate for the flat floor and maybe aggressive alignment to make rotate like on ice :mischievous:
Don't forget to factor tyre wear, not sure how you test for that without an internet connection though?

If we are able to over come and accept Ridox's game version anomaly, then we have a potential field of 10 teams. So with this in mind, I nervously suggest adding a fifth, as yet untested car. You'll understand my nerves, as there are very few cars that are able to fully comply to the downforce regulations. In fact there are only two I would really consider (in their untested format), The premium Integra Type R and the Toyota 86 trio ... both of which are widely accepted as outstanding cars. Due to the current format of BTCC and the predominance of FWD cars, I'd err toward the Integra. Thoughts below, please...

{Cy}

Back