FITT BTCC Championship - !! Driver Spot Available !!

Just wish the pickings were wider.

I'd cast my vote for the Integra. (Although i'd love an MG lol) 👍
You and me both. I thought it would be easier to find cars to fit, particularly to aero regs. I was pretty chocked after having spent a few million Credits. There are a couple of other cars that are within power, weight and drivetrain permits, but they lack either/or front and rear aero. It's absurdly annoying, there just isn't enough choice within the game :(

I am fully aware that if I simply dropped the flat floor/front engined/2WD restrictions, then there would be a wealth of cars to chose from, but it sorta misses the point, no?

{Cy}

You and me both. I thought it would be easier to find cars to fit, particularly to aero regs. I was pretty chocked after having spent a few million Credits. There are a couple of other cars that are within power, weight and drivetrain permits, but they lack either/or front and rear aero. It's absurdly annoying, there just isn't enough choice within the game :(

I am fully aware that if I simply dropped the flat floor/front engined/2WD restrictions, then there would be a wealth of cars to chose from, but it sorta misses the point, no?

{Cy}

It depends on the point of view. In my opinion we can make a group of BTCC cars that from some reasons didn't make the regulations and make it and test in in other group for ex. Audi S4 for replica of Super Touring A4 ( I <3 this car )

{Cy}
Tourng car racing is on the decline. I love my racing, anything, but to me nothing beats a standard road car pitted against another. Look at the BTCC this morning, i'm sat at home welling up, it's an emotional thing. So why take anything away from that?
Adding a rear engine car is just slamming a super car or race car in there, then makes it a GT series
4WD cars, just too dominant
Flat floor, well to be honest it doesn't bother me, I never use it anyway, if it's available I may use it.

But dropping those regulations, there's no BTCC flavour left. I'd keep things how they are, adding new cars if you are able to would be a good idea, but only cars that are actually on the grid. Such as the A4, Avensis and integra

It depends on the point of view. In my opinion we can make a group of BTCC cars that from some reasons didn't make the regulations and make it and test in in other group for ex. Audi S4 for replica of Super Touring A4 ( I <3 this car )
I did try one of the Audi TTs, but even with a 10/90 power split, it just felt like you'd have to limit the car too severely to make it a viable option. Beyond that, it starts to get a little DTM for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I am an admirer of all forms of Touring Cars, but a move to DTM style cars comes with a hefty power hike. If we can pull off an event at BTCC levels, then I'd be happy to run a DTM type event in the future. I've looked at cars that would work for this too, there are some nice big RWD saloons to chose from. You could run the same weight and aero restrictions, but you'd need to up the power to 400+BHP to avoid 75-80% power limiting 👍

Tourng car racing is on the decline. I love my racing, anything, but to me nothing beats a standard road car pitted against another. Look at the BTCC this morning, i'm sat at home welling up, it's an emotional thing. So why take anything away from that?
Adding a rear engine car is just slamming a super car or race car in there, then makes it a GT series
4WD cars, just too dominant
Flat floor, well to be honest it doesn't bother me, I never use it anyway, if it's available I may use it.

But dropping those regulations, there's no BTCC flavour left. I'd keep things how they are, adding new cars if you are able to would be a good idea, but only cars that are actually on the grid. Such as the A4, Avensis and integra
This is exactly where I'm at. No spoilers please, I've just finished with the F1 and have BTCC on record :sly:

I'd have liked to find something to represent the Avensis, MG and the Audis. The latest model FWD Golf and the old Civic Type R can both have flat floors installed but lack front and rear aero. I'd consider the Golf, as a 'privateer' entry, but it would likely be more severely restricted than the other 'factory' FWD cars, maybe 1400kg and only 300BHP?

{Cy}

I did try one of the Audi TTs, but even with a 10/90 power split, it just felt like you'd have to limit the car too severely to make it a viable option. Beyond that, it starts to get a little DTM for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I am an admirer of all forms of Touring Cars, but a move to DTM style cars comes with a hefty power hike. If we can pull off an event at BTCC levels, then I'd be happy to run a DTM type event in the future. I've looked at cars that would work for this too, there are some nice big RWD saloons to chose from. You could run the same weight and aero restrictions, but you'd need to up the power to 400+BHP to avoid 75-80% power limiting 👍

This is exactly where I'm at. No spoilers please, I've just finished with the F1 and have BTCC on record :sly:

I'd have liked to find something to represent the Avensis, MG and the Audis. The latest model FWD Golf and the old Civic Type R can both have flat floors installed but lack front and rear aero. I'd consider the Golf, as a 'privateer' entry, but it would likely be more severely restricted than the other 'factory' FWD cars, maybe 1400kg and only 300BHP?

{Cy}

Ok , thanks for your attention . I'll think myself about A4 STC replica on S4 but first I have to found more info

The Accord Euro R '02 is a good choice. Is there tire wear in A spec races ? I would only worry toe angle, this is the main concern when it comes to tire wear.

@DaBomm4 : If you are interested, you can already drive the FD2 Civic, try the low cam angle LSD - accel at 31 or 37, run Visual Ride Height + Low Camber, this combo gives exceptional rotation and response. To get to 315HP, don't use turbo, use engine stage 1 and other power adder parts, aim for lowest peak torque, but high HP. Ballast position just 1 click from 55/45, the suspension is setup to excel in front heavy configuration. To compensate flat floor, increase final to 5.250, and increase rear spring rate to either 10kg/mm or 12kg/mm :P These changes should allow for competitive car.

Mugen CIVIC SSR
TEIN ATS ED Cars / Tokai PALLAS
T. Matsui FD2 Civic Type R
Civic One Make Series Race Car Replica

Tuned to replicate Matsui FD2 Civic One Make Champion Car
Sports Soft

mugencivicssrteincivicfd2-jpg.205768

CAR : Honda Civic Type R FD2 '08
Tire : Sports Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 235 HP at 8000 RPM
Torque : 175.6 ft-lb at 6500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 91.8%
Weight: 1220 kg
Ballast : 116 kg
Ballast Position : -22
Weight Distribution : 60 / 40 - as in real life ( closest info I can get )
Performance Points: 426

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY - real one make civic has roll cage.
Wheels : Standard Size RAYS 57Gainer or BBS RE-MG or ENKEI RS05RR or GT-Ab12 in Silver
Car Paint : Pure White or any solid white.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Twin Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Racing Brakes Kit

twin-ring-motegi-road-course_6-jpg.206385

Suspension - TEIN SRC Super Racing Circuit Master Ultimate Spec Coilover F:10, R:8, 10, 12
Personal Setup

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 97 75
Spring Rate: 10.00 8.00 ( Rear Spring Options : 8.00, 10.00, 12.00 - all tested OK )
Dampers (Compression): 4 8
Dampers (Extension): 5 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 6
Camber Angle: 3.0 2.5
Toe Angle: 0.08 -0.08

Suspension - TEIN SRC Super Racing Circuit Master Ultimate Spec Coilover F:10, R:8, 10, 12
Visual Ride Height + Race Spec Camber

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 100 75
Spring Rate: 10.00 8.00 ( Rear Spring Options : 8.00, 10.00, 12.00 - all tested OK )
Camber Angle: 3.0 2.5

Visual + Medium Camber

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 1.0 2.2 ( Optional Rear : 1.50 )

Visual + Low Camber

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.5 0.4

Equal Height + All Camber

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 75 75
Dampers (Compression): 4 10
Camber Angle: 3.0 2.5 ( Optional Medium : 1.0 2.2 or 1.0 1.5, Low : 0.5 04 )

fuji-speedway-f_16-jpg.206384

LSD - 1 Way ATS Silent Type Metal LSD type R - Matsui Spec - 20 Disc/Plates High Lock Medium Preload
Initial Torque : 19
Acceleration Sensitivity: 47
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 2 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 3/4 brake balance as starting point.
Notes :

The Civic One Make Series was a long tradition in Japan which has been run for over 30 years. It stopped briefly in early to mid 2000's, replaced by Integra Series. With the return of FD2 Civic Type R, the series reignited with Civic back on the spotlight.

This particular replica is based on Championship winning car driven by T. Matsui, the Mugen/ATS/TEIN Tokai sponsored car fought a fierce battles throughout the years from 2008 to 2010 against Nobuteru Taniguchi and several other high profile race drivers. The winning formula is a good setup suspension and LSD as other variable are controlled in one make series ( power/weight/tires/gearbox )

After long research back in GT6 release days, I collected various information about the Civic Type R One Make model. The car was sold officially by Honda Japan at cheaper price - about 1.6 million Yen, compared to vanilla road going model at 2.6+ million Yen. The One Make FD2 omitted many parts from road going model, thus making it strictly track car. Most of road car requirements are gone :

Mechanical
* Helical Limited Slip Differential

Interior

* Honda R Spec seat
* Leather steering wheel
* Drivers metal foot rest
* I-SRS airbags for driver and passenger

Other Equipment

* HID headlights
* LED high mount stop lamp
* Full auto Air Conditioner
* Keyless entry system
* Security Alarm and Immobilizer
* Power Door Locks
* Passenger and rear seat
* All seatbelts
* Sun visors and vanity mirrors
* Center console
* Roof lining, carpet and all other lining
* Under car protective coating, tools, warning flare etc

This gives the Civic FD2 One Make much lower base weight when bought, but racing car preparation, like safety roll cage, suspension, LSD parts also add some fat to the car. The road going Civic Type R FD2 has about 61/39 weight distribution at 1260-1270kg. Removing AC cuts the weight to 1250kg. After some research about weight savings, I decided to use 1220kg and 60/40 distribution. This is a realistic figure based on about 50+kg saving from the omitted parts and added safety roll cage.

Power is based on several Honda Civic FD2 Type R One Make Race Car exported overseas, built by Mugen, the car was dynoed on engine dyno with 235HP output and slight torque increase across the board. This is possible due to the Mugen parts like ECU and Racing Exhaust. Redline should be at 9000 RPM.

The Mugen SSR/TEIN/ATS/Tokai Civic replica is fitted with TEIN Circuit Master Super Racing - Ultimate Spec Coilover, I chose this as the more preferred TEIN SRC Circuit Master Type N1 Damper base spring rate are not possible ( too high ). The TEIN SRC Ultimate Spec is specialized for circuit racing use, offering significant drop in ride height, 10kg/mm front springs and a host of rear springs options ( 8/10/12 kg/mm ). The real car uses lower rear ride height and slightly higher front ( 1 in higher ) to maintain weight balance under heavy cornering. This translate to 100/75 ride height and can be compared to the real car pictures, although the real car is a bit lower overall - about 10 to 20mm - not possible in GT6 as the lowest is 75mm :)

I have setup the damper, ARB, camber and toe to work on all spring rate combination and ride height. Try them all and choose one that suits you best. The real car suspension setup is best replicated using my personal setup suspension listed at the top above, with high camber, and 97/75 ride height. Visuall ride height and camber has been replicated as well.

Gearing is stock as used on on make series, while LSD is special model build from Active Traction Service ( ATS ), this particular LSD is specially tuned to Mr. Matsui spec which help him winning several races. The ATS LSD is 1 way, based on Silent Type Metal disc model line up, with 20 disc/plates, 70 degree cam angle ( high lock ) giving distinct throttle induced car control freedom and medium preload at 8kg-m. The LSD can be setup for lower cam angle at 45 and 55 degree by cam ring rearrangement, I have provided both setup as options below :

LSD - 1 Way ATS Silent Type Metal LSD type R - Matsui Spec - 20 Disc/Plates -Optional 45 Cam Angle
Acceleration Sensitivity:31

LSD - 1 Way ATS Silent Type Metal LSD type R - Matsui Spec - 20 Disc/Plates -Optional 55 Cam Angle
Acceleration Sensitivity: 37

To get as close as possible to the real life performance, I used lap times record ( race and qualifying times ) at 3 different track that are available in GT6. Suzuka, Twin Ring Motegi Road Course and Fuji Speedway F are the 3 tracks that are regulars in Civic One Make Race Series. The tires is Sports Soft which is comparable to the Yokohama Advan Racing Slick used in the One Make Series ( most probably ADVAN A005 )

T. Matsui held the pole time record at Twin Ring Motegi with 2:10s lap and quickest race best times at low 2:12s, while at Fuji Speedway, race best times at low 1:57s and Suzuka race best times at 2:23s flat. The qualifying/pole record times at Fuji and Suzuka is unknown, but roughly about 1.5 to 2+seconds quicker than race best times. Expect the replica to lap in 1:55s at Fuji, 2:20s at Suzuka and 2:10s at Twin Ring Motegi Road Course.

I tuned and tested mainly at the those 3 tracks, and the replica can easily lap in 2:20s at Suzuka, 2:10s at Twin Ring Motegi Road Course and 1:55s at Fuji Speedway F.

Below are the 3 best lap replays of the track for reference.

Personal Setup Ride Height 97/75

suzuka-circuit_16-jpg.206475

500_011-jpg.206477

ENJOY :cheers:

View attachment 208322 View attachment 208323 View attachment 208324 View attachment 208325 View attachment 208326 View attachment 208327 View attachment 208328 View attachment 208329 View attachment 208330 View attachment 208331 View attachment 208332 View attachment 208333 View attachment 208334 View attachment 208335

Last edited:
Ok , thanks for your attention . I'll think myself about A4 STC replica on S4 but first I have to found more info
Not a problem, Sir. I've added you as a driver for now, I hope that's ok? 👍
The Accord Euro R '02 is a good choice. Is there tire wear in A spec races ? I would only worry toe angle, this is the main concern when it comes to tire wear.
I'd love to include the Accord, it's one of my favourite cars. But for the absence of flat floors, there are a wealth of standard cars we could chose from :(

Some of the endurance races may well have tyre wear turned on, I'm not sure where else you can test with it turned on. Some people say you can do it in Arcade mode, but I've been unable to find out how to turn it on???

{Cy}
EDIT:
@CyKosis1973 I already have a pilot (787bcgr) now wanted to know if he can or will be escilher draw
Excellent :)👍

I like the idea of the Integra Type-R. It stinks that we don't have a premium 98 or 99 spec though. It would be perfect for this. You could even build a replica of Pierre Kleinubing ' s Real Time Racing type r...

Real Time Racing made the switch to the Integra/RSX chassis at one point, but dropped it in favor of the Accord/TSX immediately the next season.

So, I've been tooling around with the idea of building cars to replicate those used in the BTCC Championship. I believe I've managed to do so, within the parameters of the game. Below you will find a list of eligible cars and their restrictions. I've also included some further information regarding the potential tracks and race conditions.

My intention is that four drivers and tuners will pair up to tune and race one of each of the four cars. The drivers will then race against each other over a period of time and four different tracks. Tuners are free to make changes to the cars in between races, exactly as would be the case in real life.

The biggest issue is that of finding sufficient people to participate. I'd like to avoid people tuning and driving, which will present a quandary for some of you. I'd also like to try and group drivers both geographically and skill-wise, so no pressure!!

Before anything else, I need to judge the level of interest in an event like this. I'll reserve the usual posts, in case it does take off. Otherwise, take to your race buddies and register your interest below. Please also feel free to make suggestions regarding the setup of the event, etc.

===============================================
The Cars

The Ford Focus ST '06
Restrictions
  • Tyres: SS
  • Power: 315BHP
  • Weight: 1300kg
  • FWD Weight distribution: 54/46

Mandatory Parts
  • Front, rear and flat-floor aero must be installed. Rear aero settings may be adjusted
  • Racing Brakes
  • ECU
  • All adjustable parts (suspension, transmission and differential)
  • Full drivetrain upgrades
  • Carbon Bonnet (coloured optional)
  • Chassis Reinforcement (under review)

Honda CIVIC TYPE R '08
Restrictions

Mandatory Parts
  • Front, rear and flat-floor aero must be installed. Rear aero settings may be adjusted
  • Racing Brakes
  • ECU

Volkswagen Scirocco R '10
Restrictions
  • Power: 300BHP

Mandatory Parts
  • Racing Brakes
  • ECU

BMW 135i Coupe '07
Restrictions
  • Weight: 1400kg

Mandatory Parts
  • Racing Brakes

You may make weight restrictions however you want, free use of ballast is allowed. Power limiting is only to be used in order to make power restrictions and as such should be no less than 95%.

The Tracks
  • Brands Hatch GP
  • Laguna Seca
  • Bathurst
  • Suzuka

Conditions
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Draft: Real
  • Tyre Wear/Fuel Depletion: Normal
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Driving Line: Allowed
  • ABS: 0 or 1
  • NoS: Off

Qualifying
  • Race 1: 15 minute qualifying
  • Race 2: Grid based on previous race
  • Race 3: Reverse grid based on previous race

Race Format
  • Races per track: 3
  • Laps: 10

can the cars be under the desired weight

can the cars be under the desired weight
The weights listed are the minimum weights the cars can be, carrying more than the minimum won't yield you any benefit though, as the cars aren't limited by PP, so you're not going to be able to trade weight for power. Also note that the FWD cars must also comply with a 54/46 weight distribution...

{Cy}

Of course you may...

{Cy}

EDIT:

One more of each and we're back to three groups of 4 teams 👍
I am thinking more and more that I will be a driver and work around the racing. Would the racing be on Saturdays or Sunday's, and have you figured out if you want to do it weekly or spaced out more?

@Ridox2JZGTE I will take them out for a spin either tomorrow or Tuesday at spec online.

I am thinking more and more that I will be a driver and work around the racing. Would the racing be on Saturdays or Sunday's, and have you figured out if you want to do it weekly or spaced out more?
Good to hear, I'll put your name down, if you like. I'm thinking that two weeks in between races will be sufficient. Short enough to maintain interest, long enough to allow people time to test and tune. As for when races take place, this will be largely dependant on the groups. I'm hoping smaller groups with less people will be easier to organise than a smaller number of large groups, but I could be kidding myself. Either which way, we'll try to find suitable times for everyone 👍

If this time-frame is undesirable or unworkable or someone has a better solution, please say...

{Cy}

Good to hear, I'll put your name down, if you like. I'm thinking that two weeks in between races will be sufficient. Short enough to maintain interest, long enough to allow people time to test and tune. As for when races take place, this will be largely dependant on the groups. I'm hoping smaller groups with less people will be easier to organise than a smaller number of large groups, but I could be kidding myself. Either which way, we'll try to find suitable times for everyone 👍

If this time-frame is undesirable or unworkable or someone has a better solution, please say...

{Cy}
That all sounds good to me. When I get time, I will get used to the tune and the tracks and lay down some times, would you like the times to be online with tire wear on or arcade mode?

That all sounds good to me. When I get time, I will get used to the tune and the tracks and lay down some times, would you like the times to be online with tire wear on or arcade mode?
I don't know how often you race online, but if it's not much, I would recommend opening a private lobby and trying the cars there, with the appropriate track conditions. Set everything to real/realistic/normal. The only driving aids available are driving line and ABS, both of which are optional and not mandatory. Naturally consent between driver and tuner is expected, regarding ABS. There's a real prospect that these cars can be driven by all without ABS, but I'd rather people had the option...

{Cy}

I don't know how often you race online, but if it's not much, I would recommend opening a private lobby and trying the cars there, with the appropriate track conditions. Set everything to real/realistic/normal. The only driving aids available are driving line and ABS, both of which are optional and not mandatory. Naturally consent between driver and tuner is expected, regarding ABS. There's a real prospect that these cars can be driven by all without ABS, but I'd rather people had the option...

{Cy}
I don't do a lot online, and I agree with being prepared for the possible track conditions, so I will be testing everything to the settings you have in your first post. My question wasn't clear enough, my fault. With the possible qualifying factor to the groups, would you like us to use the proper track conditions or arcade mode?

just to throw my pennies worth in it's growing quite rapid mate, maybe you could split it into 2 separate championships. one for UK/Europe and one for our friends across the pond. Same principle just would be hosted suitable times for each time zone

- 'm ready BMW 135i Coupe in '07 Brands Hatch GP circuit C, started running in 1:37 *** *** after 1:36 / 1:35 *** And now the best time 1:... 34,565:cheers:
That's a pretty good time, my friend! I just started running the group adding parts/weight to meet the specs and un-tuned. I was only able to do 5 laps in the Focus and I'm at 1:35.730. But like Cy said, this one might not get that much love, can't wait to get my grubby paws on the others!

Last edited:
I'm not sure what i'm doing yet. If there are only a certain number of each car available? If not i'll wait and see what others pick, then i'll use the least loved car, add a bit of variety.

@DolHaus are you going to be doing this? Don't have a tuner yet and i'll wait for someone to approach me.

Basically i'll take a back seat and will use whatever is left 👍

Looking for some kind soul to help with tuning please, can't tune to save my life.
I am a member of the geezer club for over 60s so be patient but fairly quick learner.
Will be back on tomorrow so leave a message psn stewyripper. :cheers:

I'm not sure what i'm doing yet. If there are only a certain number of each car available? If not i'll wait and see what others pick, then i'll use the least loved car, add a bit of variety.

@DolHaus are you going to be doing this? Don't have a tuner yet and i'll wait for someone to approach me.

Basically i'll take a back seat and will use whatever is left 👍
I'm not going to be in this one as I'm having all sorts of internet issues unfortunately and feel like I wouldn't be able to give 100%. If you're still stuck for a garage when the season starts then I'll sign up and do as best as I can for you.

You won't be stuck for a garage though mate, you're damned fast and give good feedback so you will be an asset to any team. 👍

Latest Posts

Back