FITT challenge. Viper Strike Closed Congratulations to Lap; Lionheart2113 & Drivers choice Xande1959

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 425 comments
I forgot how fun this track can be. It is a great choice @Otaliema A GT classic that's for sure!

Great choice indeed! :tup:I`ve all always loved Trial Mountain. I think it was the first track I drove in GT1 all those years ago. It was either a yellow DB7 or a light blue C2 Vette? Back in the days when Trial Mountain and Autumn Ring had jumps in arcade mode. I`m glad it doesn`t have the jump now tho!:lol:

Great choice indeed! :tup:I`ve all always loved Trial Mountain. I think it was the first track I drove in GT1 all those years ago. It was either a yellow DB7 or a light blue C2 Vette? Back in the days when Trial Mountain and Autumn Ring had jumps in arcade mode. I`m glad it doesn`t have the jump now tho!:lol:
The back straight crest is the jump, just the viper is too heavy to get much Air, take a car under 1k kgs at 150mph over it and see how far you land ;) I'd rec a fireblade or a LaMans car.

Glad to see everyone is enjoying the track/car combo.

Post updated, tester please.
Done sir.

Trial Mountain Reverse would have been a much better alternative :) I used it extensively back in GT5 for testing/tuning for parity racing club :D
I'vve nevver been a fan of Trial mountain reverse. Guess i've done it forward too much I'm expecting x turn after Y turn, not Y turn after x turn lol

Here is my entry for the Viper GTS '13

Looking at the time that you guys are posting during your testing, this car won't be the fastest out there but I have made it easy to drive and easy to keep on the track.

Link here

ViperGTSFITTImg2.jpg

Easy to drive and keep on the track is a good thing.
You have some time to fiddle if you want :)
Tuners post updated.
I wish i had the time to do some more. I am going away this weekend for a few weeks to get married so not as much time as I like. I may also be called into college tomorrow incase I forgot to do something with my work portfolio which is being checked by an external verifier. Got a few tunes sat in my garage I want to publish before I go away too.

I don't think I can get this car better than what I have, After playing with the settings this afternoon and after Germany trounced Brazil, I realised the more I try to improve it, the worse it feels in certain areas of the circuit. So rather than ruin something that works, ill stick with what I know works pretty good. If may be fast in someones hands, just not mine :)

Last edited:
I wish i had the time to do some more. I am going away this weekend for a few weeks to get married so not as much time as I like. I may also be called into college tomorrow incase I forgot to do something with my work portfolio which is being checked by an external verifier. Got a few tunes sat in my garage I want to publish before I go away too.

I don't think I can get this car better than what I have, After playing with the settings this afternoon and after Germany trounced Brazil, I realised the more I try to improve it, the worse it feels in certain areas of the circuit. So rather than ruin something that works, ill stick with what I know works pretty good. If may be fast in someones hands, just not mine :)
Words of advice from one who is already shackled, I mean happily married, "A Happy Wife is a Happy Life"
Congrats :cheers: Travel safe and know that we will be here when you return.:gtpflag:

:sly:
Words of advice from one who is already shackled, I mean happily married, "A Happy Wife is a Happy Life"
Congrats :cheers: Travel safe and know that we will be here when you return.:gtpflag:
yeah my old ball and chain young beautiful wife lets me play my games in peace and she doesn't like diamonds cause they aren't colorful. and no shr doesn't have a sister lol. congrats and have fun @shaunm80

I'm in the same boat @ImToLegitToQuit my wife lets me play games in peace as long the house work is done, and mine don't like jewelry much at all, has a box full of it most if it antique stuff from her grandma never wears it. And as she said don't buy me diamonds they are over priced and I don't want the same thing that everyone else has.
Lucky us right? :lol:

Thank you. My other half is pretty good, She doesn't find Gran Turismo as interesting as I do, I can usually see her getting bored if I am sat on it when she's doing nothing so I end up watching a Blu Ray or something with her. So far, she has sat through GT5, GT6 and she will probably end up sitting through GT7 when it gets released. I told her that I could have worse habits than sitting on a car racing game all day, like going out drinking or spending money on things that I don't need so she sees that me spending hours on GT6 is a good thing rather than a bad thing. :)

Here is my tune for Viper GTS '13:

LINK
Added to tune post. But can you detune it a tad to being it down to 750 HP from 759 hp to bring it in line with the rules. I checked the car in the game your actually under by 2 hp 100% gives 750
Thank you. My other half is pretty good, She doesn't find Gran Turismo as interesting as I do, I can usually see her getting bored if I am sat on it when she's doing nothing so I end up watching a Blu Ray or something with her. So far, she has sat through GT5, GT6 and she will probably end up sitting through GT7 when it gets released. I told her that I could have worse habits than sitting on a car racing game all day, like going out drinking or spending money on things that I don't need so she sees that me spending hours on GT6 is a good thing rather than a bad thing. :)
That's a good thing. Again congratulations, it's a game/life changer, here is to hoping it's all for the better.
It's always good thing to pull little surprises as time goes on, remind her how special she is to you, and don't be afraid of a little argument, they help let off steam so that little things don't become big problems.

Last edited:
Married for fourteen years, two kids (both girls), and I couldn't be more drunk happy :dopey:

I'd say good luck, but you don't need luck in marriage, just friendship 👍

Oh and I think I'll tune for this one :D
good point luck has nothing to do with, determination and friendship will get you through more than love. Love starts and keeps you, friendship holds you together.
Added you to the list sir.

I ran this tune earlier today. It was 750bhp, not sure about the 759hp figure that is listed as well....
Kk, I'll put it together for power and see what it looks like in Standard HP figures.

@Gino Caberlin I checked your car, your good for the rules, in fact you can raise the PL to 100% and still be with in rules.

I really need to finish the conversion sheet that @DigitalBaka and I started but sorta put to the side after the tuning system was impletmented here. will make these spec challenges a boat load easier.

@Gino Caberlin I checked your car, your good for the rules, in fact you can raise the PL to 100% and still be with in rules.
Yeah, I got 100% on the power limiter too. I'm at that infamous stage now with my tune. Fine adjustments that help me at one end of the track, but hurts me at the other. Now I just need to see if it's me and if I can put it all together on one lap!

Yeah, I got 100% on the power limiter too. I'm at that infamous stage now with my tune. Fine adjustments that help me at one end of the track, but hurts me at the other. Now I just need to see if it's me and if I can put it all together on one lap!
That's when you put it down for a day, have a friend drive it and pick the one corner that makes or breaks your lap time and tune to breeze that corner with out messing up the rest of the track

Back