FITT - Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,660 comments
If there are no objections, I might but up for taking a crack ay this one. Would be good to see where I am at tuning wise and to get others opinions (or criticisms) on my tunes. Question, tho, is photo comp mandatory? I do not post photos and would have to figure out how :dunce:

If there are no objections, I might but up for taking a crack ay this one. Would be good to see where I am at tuning wise and to get others opinions (or criticisms) on my tunes. Question, tho, is photo comp mandatory? I do not post photos and would have to figure out how :dunce:

You are more than welcome. Photo mode will be a separate competition. Maybe even one photo mode that covers all four classes.

Plus, it could put Praiano, ACSR, DB, JohnnyP, Theo, Newdriver and other top tuners head to head in the same car. That should be really fun.

Why am I mentioned in this group?! :lol:

After looking more at how you intend to use it, I'm good with the four groups. If we trim the duplicate cars, even better.
Gonna try it out then.
Awesome! I love that more new folks are getting involved. @Motor City Hami , see if @Terronium-12 might toss a mention into the weekly wrap up on the news page whenever you get this going. 👍

I'm down, I love to hate miatia's err hate to love them lol. Can't ever drive them right.
Just need to figure out what two categories to enter, I know I'm out of the scca spec challenge so have the touring ones to look at.

I really like this idea for the Miata Challenge. After my girlfriend's very thoughtful vday gift (a functioning ds3) I can actually get back into gt6. I would really like to try my hand at tuning and would be up for testing again. I think having a new tuner class is great and it being a spec Miata challenge is perfect as I've read in many places on this forum that if you want to get into tuning, a Miata is an excellent place to start. Great idea guys.

Hi to all in FITT, I've seen this since GT5 and am now deciding to give it a try. 💡 Sounds like fun and I have been following Motor City Hami, Praiano and COTHO (Before and After the Merger) Tunes 👍 :dopey: I will be looking forward to participating and learning more about tuning. I would like to be a test driver until I get a better idea on tuning, I've tuned a couple of cars but nothing like the tuning garages, they worked and I won the events I entered but could be better with a little more understanding

Last edited:
@Brewguy44 everyone had to start at some point, w will be more than happy to help ya learn, read the tuning guides they are fantastic, @Motor City Hami is the authority on LSD as far as I'm concerned, @praiano63 is great with transmissions, as for suspensions, just read em all everyone has a slightly different approach and you will need try them out see what works for you.

Thank You, I've been playing GT since the first one and loving every one! :) When I figured out what the tuning did in the first ones, :mischievous: my friends would race me and thought they had a faster car because it had more horsepower, but I would just blow by them and they be like what the hell! :confused: :dunce: How did you do that? I've been hooked ever since. :cheers: :gtpflag:

I think you were both right in the beginning.
rally.
roadsters.

Lets throw some dirt tires on some Miata's and tune some off base crazy sh** . ^^
THAT would be a challenge and a half.

Mazda Roadster Rally :P, reminds me of this replica I made : 86GT Rally R3 :D

Toyota Motorsports GmbH 86GT CS-R3 Rally Car

Tuned to replicate TMG 86GT CS R3 Rally Car - based on CS V3 Cup
Sports Medium / Dirt / Snow

CAR : Toyota 86GT '12 or Scion FR-S '12 or Subaru BRZ S '12
Tire : Sports Medium / Dirt / Snow

Specs
Horsepower: 266 HP at 7600 RPM
Torque: 187.1 ft-lb at 7100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1080 kg
Ballast : 35 kg
Ballast Position : -36
Weight Distribution : 54 / 46 - same as CS V3 86GT Cup Car it's based on.
Performance Points: 456

GT AUTO
Oil change
Wheels : Standard Size - any wheels. ( Dirt and Snow have preset wheel )
Rear Wing : Custom Wing Type A
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) - as the rally spec will have welded rollcage and body reinforcement.
Car Paint : White or any color.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust ( R3 spec requires silencer )
Intake Tuning ( R3 spec allows intake manifold modification within certain limitation )
Catalytic Converter Sports
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Fully Customizable Suspension
Full Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission

Suspension - OHLINS TTX44 Rally Spec Coilover Gr N derived
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 155 150
Spring Rate: 6.50 8.00
Dampers (Compression): 8 4
Dampers (Extension): 7 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( zero camber all around if want max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.15 0.08

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - R3 spec sequential box with homologated stock gearing + rear diff ratio
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed to 280kmh / 174mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.626
2nd 2.188
3rd 1.541
4th 1.213
5th 1.000
6th 0.767
Set Final Gear : 4.100

LSD - 1.5 way high preload for rally
Initial Torque : 48
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Aero
Front : 0 ( Fixed )
Rear : 20 ( Max )

Brake Balance:
7/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/7, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
The real car is not yet released, but I already made a would be replica :lol: Okay, the TMG 86GT CS R3 rally car is for 2015 season. Based on CS V3 Cup success, TMG plan to enter the rally world with FR 86GT. With different R3 rules than VLN V3, the car has less weight, more power and upgraded with mechanical LSD, rally spec suspension, and sequential gearbox.

The replica is WIP, meaning when the car actually released with additional infos, I will update the tune to reflect the new spec. In the mean time, this will do, built for tarmac, dirt and snow, the tune works for all surfaces, 3 sets of tires ( SM, Dirt and Snow ). The R3 replica tested and tuned at Toscana, Chamonix, Matterhorn, and Eiger Trail.

Have fun sliding with 86 GT, the FR heaven :cheers:

Might as well make a rally version of this replica :

MAZDA ROADSTER TURBO RS ( NB ) 172PS JDM Ver.

Tuned to replicate Mazda Roadster Turbo ( NB ) JDM
Comfort Soft

CAR : Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS ( NB,J ) '98 ( MUST BE EXACT MODEL )
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 170 HP / 172 PS at 6500 RPM
Torque : 158.5 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.5%
Weight: 1120 kg
Ballast : 90 kg
Ballast Position : 9
Weight Distribution : 52 / 48 - corrected weight distribution as in real life.
Performance Points: 391

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED ) -optional, there's no bad side effect of this, highly recommended.
Wheels : +2 Inch Up, Enkei JS+M in silver
Car Paint : Brilliant Black, White or Red or any color you like.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension

Suspension - OEM Mazda/Bilstein Damper and Spring ( 15mm drop ) - thicker roll bar
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 120 120
Spring Rate: 3.84 3.06
Dampers (Compression): 3 2
Dampers (Extension): 2 1
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.2 ( optimal camber IRL based on track day )
Toe Angle: 0.08 0.16 ( front 1mm toe in, rear 2 mm toe in )

LSD - 1.5 way upgraded OEM torsen LSD
Initial Torque : 16
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Brake Balance:
7/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/6, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
A great replica of the rare production of 9000 examples : Mazda Roadster Turbo JDM model, not to be confused with Mazdaspeed Miata Turbo. This version has 6500rpm red line, with Bilstein damper + Spring, stronger torsen LSD, upgraded bigger driveshaft, stronger single plate material clutch + pressure plate, IHI RHFS Turbo Kit, slightly thicker roll bar/stabilizer, 6 speed transmission, 17 inch stock wheel with Toyo Trampio VIMode tire ( comfort soft in GT6 ).

In GT6, the closest car with similar engine spec ( lower red line ) is '98 Miata 1.8 RS ( NB,J), do not buy any other version, as they all have different engine redline. Gearing is perfect in spacing, just like the real car, I even matched gear changes + cornering speed at Tsukuba for the whole track IRL driven by Takuya Kurosawa.

Best lap time of the real car at Tsukuba is 1:11.05 driven by Takuya-san, the lap in game and in real life bears uncanny resemblance :) In GT6, comfort soft is the tire replica. Surprisingly this car seems to react well to some negative camber, the car response is top notch, living up to the legendary driving fun of Miata with added power of a turbo, more like icing on the cake.

I lost track of time every time I got behind the wheel of this car, feels so real :lol:
Aim to beat the real life lap time on comfort soft and have fun driving a TURBO MIATA :cheers:

I hope Hami sticks to his plan, have been preparing by tuning 5 different Miatas for this. Just need to know the tracks for the challenge for final fine tuning and gearing providing the cars fit the rules. Then I can pick which 2 classes to submit. Won't touch roadster Tc though.

Last edited:
I hope Hami sticks to his plan, have been preparing by tuning 5 different Miatas for this. Just need to know the tracks for the challenge for final fine tuning and gearing providing the cars fit the rules. Then I can pick which 2 classes to submit. Won't touch roadster Tc though.

I do not anticipate changes to the posted car specs. I am still noodling a little with the classes and who can enter what. I like the idea of pick two of the four. I also think that the whole community would like to play with the Spec Miata class because of the added stripes when you paint them, so we would need a different beginner class.

Options:
A - Spec Miata for non-podium finishers in previous FITT competitions GT5 or GT6. All tuners can choose two classes.
B - Make street '07 Roadster the class for non-podium finishers in previous FITT competitions GT5 or GT6. All tuners can choose two classes.

Opinions please?

Also, I could use some track suggestions. Since we just did Laguna Seca, that's out. Any other thoughts on track favorites? Maybe one of the tracks that are new in GT6?

For the tracks…maybe Willow Springs? (not the boring one used in the S class endurance, the longer one…whatever it was called) Or we could do what we did for the 450PP Roadsters and go to Autumn Ring, or use Trial Mountain forward, since that's never been used in shootouts before?

I'd suggest the Roadster Touring Car class be used for the New/non-podium tuners.
While that may seem backwards compared to real life, for game purposes it makes a lot of sense. With racing tires being allowed and pretty much unlimited use of power limiter, ballast and aero, it probably fits the comfort level for newer tuners better.

If I may, as a newcomer, willing to do whatever you decide. I have been working on a 135hp NA, 200hp Nb, and 500pp NC street. Willing to give TC a try but I prefer sport tires. As for tracks......Streets of Willow for NA, Trial mountain for NB, Silverstone (the IA Supercar one) FOR nc street, and Ascari for TC? Just my thought.

@XDesperado67 , I thought it was Sports tires for the Touring Car class?

The sport touring class is sport soft tires.

@Motor City Hami as for a track I would go with a balanced track so that's its not too ruff on the non podium guys but has enough technical that it challenges the experienced guys.
Right off hand trial mountain and one of the matterhorn tracks come to mind, or any short track.
Could also do two tracks, one for the non podium race and one for the rest.

Ok. Thought about the FITT Miata Tuner Challenge over lunch today at work. This is where I am at. Pick two classes to tune from the four classifications below.

Spec Miata
Beginners only, no FITT podium finishers from GT5 or GT6
MX-5 Miata NA from this list https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-and-test-drivers.291311/page-7#post-9335986
135 hp max
950 kg minimum weight
Comfort Soft Tires
Streets of Willow Springs 1.66 miles

Improved Touring
MX-5 Miata NB https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-and-test-drivers.291311/page-7#post-9335987
200 hp max
925 kg minimum weight
Sport Hard Tires
Apricot Hill 2.40 miles

Street Touring
Mazda Roadster '07
500 PP
Sport Soft Tires
Matterhorn Rotenboden 2.2 miles

Touring Car
Mazda Roadster Touring Car '07
500 PP
Racing Hard Tires
Silverstone Grand Prix 3.66 miles

Thoughts? Should I post this in the next two days?

Last edited:
@Motor City Hami I like it, just my 2 cents would be a little more pp on the touring car say 525 give a little more toy room I haven't bought it just so I don't know of hand how much pp up from stock 500 is.
As for the improved touring car is pick the track that longer than apricot but shorter than silverstone

I'll do the Spec Miata and the Improved Touring, because I Love Apricot Hill 💡 and also I am a beginner, but I'll give it a go. Sounds like fun. Hope I don't f 🤬 it up. :lol: :cheers: :gtpflag:

@Motor City Hami I like it, just my 2 cents would be a little more pp on the touring car say 525 give a little more toy room I haven't bought it just so I don't know of hand how much pp up from stock 500 is.
As for the improved touring car is pick the track that longer than apricot but shorter than silverstone

500 is with no oil change, all available power upgrades (Engine tuning stage III and high RPM turbo) and 20 kg of ballast or a bit of power limiting. Or we could just take that out of the equation and make this class max hp, minimum weight and oil change?

I will most likely do Spec and Improved Touring as a NOOB to F.I.T.T. Challenges. Don't expect to get a podium, just hoping not to be last. Sounds like fun though. Thanks Hami!:cheers:

Matterhorn Options:
Riffelsee - 2.05 miles, really big jump at the end of the long straight. Not recommended.
Dristelen - 2.0 miles, big downhill section, lots of high speed corners and bumpy with estimated lap times around 1:10
Rotenboden - 2.22 miles, twisty and lots of downhill, with estimated lap times around 1:45

Riffelsee is out. Getting the uphill and jump right at the end of the start/finish straight may mess with lap time consistency.

Dristelen is high speed and bumpy and with the short lap time it would be a fun place to tune and an easy place for the test drivers, but...

Rotenboden is almost the opposite of Dristelen with lots of slow, twisty turns and about :30 longer lap time. I am leaning toward Rotenboden because these are roadsters. When you take a roadster on a Sunday drive, are you looking for sheer speed or some flowing twisty bends. If we were racing 500 hp Vipers I would say let's go for power and speed. This track seems right for the spirit of Miata Roadster.

Matterhorn Options:
Riffelsee - 2.05 miles, really big jump at the end of the long straight. Not recommended.
Dristelen - 2.0 miles, big downhill section, lots of high speed corners and bumpy with estimated lap times around 1:10
Rotenboden - 2.22 miles, twisty and lots of downhill, with estimated lap times around 1:45

Riffelsee is out. Getting the uphill and jump right at the end of the start/finish straight may mess with lap time consistency.

Dristelen is high speed and bumpy and with the short lap time it would be a fun place to tune and an easy place for the test drivers, but...

Rotenboden is almost the opposite of Dristelen with lots of slow, twisty turns and about :30 longer lap time. I am leaning toward Rotenboden because these are roadsters. When you take a roadster on a Sunday drive, are you looking for sheer speed or some flowing twisty bends. If we were racing 500 hp Vipers I would say let's go for power and speed. This track seems right for the spirit of Miata Roadster.

I got the names mixed up - I meant to say I prefer the Dristelen. But Rotenboden would be good as well even if it is the longest.

I'm a fan of having room to play with, so at first glance some of these are really really tight. The thought of fairness does ask for everyone to have the same chance as everyone else, but if you restrict too many things, you might as well all be driving the same car. (And I don't mean make/model).
In order to have "room for greatness" you must also allow "room for serious error" as well. This is what truly brings some set ups to life, and separates lap times and performance. If there's little to no room, there will be very little variance. Sure, it's possible to screw up the tune, but everyone is going to be testing and testing and testing before submitting, and I don't see any wide margin for error being actually submitted.
That is my two cents. The war on low-weight/medium-power vs. high-weight/higher-power is a classic war especially among roadsters and miata's. Restricting the extremes of both isn't really a true test of either. Again, just my opinion.

But, as always, I'm down for whatever.
You make the rules, I'll give you a car, lol.
Especially on Apricot hill, as everyone knows I have a place in my heart for that track, lol.
Peace, and good luck.
~D€MON~

Back