FITT - Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,660 comments
Do you guys want to do another Rally Challenge like I hosted for GT5? That was a pretty fun concept of pick a rally car and the street version and tune both. I would be up for hosting that if there is interest for GT6.
I dont know...?? I mean i personally don't really like rallying ( bcoz i am hopeless at it ) but if it is road and rally tune that would be different, I was hoping for a japanese roadster challenge. But thats my opinion dont know what the others say...

I like both ideas. Rally/road then Japanese roadsters.

The Rally/road was my favorite from GT5 if IIRC.

Last edited:
I'm hopeless at AWD tuning and rally in general so might just test for that one.

But a Miata shootout would be awesome. I'd be up for that.

I never got to participate in any gt5 challenges I got the game to late. But the road/rally sounds intriguing. how ever that could be very expensive for the testers if we need to tune/test two cars per entry., with one being a rally car and one being a street car.

Part of the reason I suggested a low power challenge is cost, most low power cars are inexpensive, that and lower power cars are more of a trick to tune, they don't have the get up and go to make up for a mistake in the tune.

In either case I would personally recommend a list of approved cars or a drive train exclusion that gives a lopsided advantage, or some other rule that will/should keep the entries close.

This is the Rally & Street event that we did in GT5. Maybe we should wait to see if car sharing comes back before asking everyone to purchase a fleet of $500,000 cars?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/f-i-t-t-rally-and-street-tuner-challenge-by-mch.260406/
An excellent point. That's pretty much minimum 10-12 million credits based on the last event's turnout. :scared: That was definitely my favorite event just because it was so different from everything else.

What about a FITT version of Spec Miata? We pick one NA, one NB and....well, the only NC so that we aren't asking folks to buy loads of cars. Find an appropriate PP range...tires probably would end up at CS or SH. Should be cheap, easy and a real close leaderboard. I'm thinking Apricot Hill, SSR5, maybe Ascari?

An excellent point. That's pretty much minimum 10-12 million credits based on the last event's turnout. :scared: That was definitely my favorite event just because it was so different from everything else.

What about a FITT version of Spec Miata? We pick one NA, one NB and....well, the only NC so that we aren't asking folks to buy loads of cars. Find an appropriate PP range...tires probably would end up at CS or SH. Should be cheap, easy and a real close leaderboard. I'm thinking Apricot Hill, SSR5, maybe Ascari?

Oh. I am all over that. Can I host it? I will start thinking through things now.

Oh. I am all over that. Can I host it? I will start thinking through things now.
Be my guest, sir! You are the Miata expert amongst this ragged group. :D I can help you work through whatever is needed. I'll just be in the corner remaking my Dust Devil tune in anticipation of the rally shootout. :mischievous:

I'd like to see a step back to some more realistic rubber for these cars. More like CM's to make the car come alive. A Miata on SH seems like overkill, especially if we're holding it down in the low 400's PP wise. I'd stick to 2 tracks at the most, like Ascari and something tighter and more technical like one of the Matterhorns just to mix it up a bit.

I'd like to see a step back to some more realistic rubber for these cars. More like CM's to make the car come alive. A Miata on SH seems like overkill, especially if we're holding it down in the low 400's PP wise. I'd stick to 2 tracks at the most, like Ascari and something tighter and more technical like one of the Matterhorns just to mix it up a bit.

Willow Springs Streets :) My test track for less than 500HP car on comfort tires.

I am thinking about three divisions.

Spec Miata - 1989 to 1998 Miata, 400PP, comfort soft tires, or maybe even mandate the power and weight parts that can be added.

Miata ITS or ITA (some sort of SCCA spec) - 1999 to 2004 Miata, sport hard tires, a higher PP level or combination of weight/parts.

MX-5 Cup - 2007 Miata, racing hard tires, close to maxed out PP/weight http://www.mx-5cup.com/2012/

I was thinking just one of those tracks, just throwing out options. :D

I agree on tires. There were some complaints that the tires on the American land-yachts made tuning, and likely driving, a little difficult, which is exactly what I wanted. Far too often people use tires as a band-aid for a bad tune or poor skill so I went with something that should have been a happy medium. Depending on the PP levels I'm more than happy to see the Roadster on comfort tires.

MX-5 Cup - 2007 Miata, racing hard tires, close to maxed out PP/weight http://www.mx-5cup.com/2012/
Could you use the touring car? It's pretty good out of the box but maybe it gives you a higher ceiling?

Looking at the schedule has made me want to take time off in August for a hike up to Road America. :sly:

This is what I have come up with for the FITT Miata Challenge. You will notice that Spec Miata is more limiting than Improved Touring. I was trying to match the spirit of these two SCCA classes. I had another interesting thought. Maybe we could limit the Spec Miata class to allow only tuners who have not placed on the podium of a FITT challenge in GT6 or GT5? What does the community think of this. Also, I have listed four classes below, but is this too many? I was thinking about limiting it to pick two classes only. For me, I would not be allowed to enter the Spec Miata class as a past podium finisher so I would choose the Touring Car and the Improved Touring class.

Classes posted below.

Thoughts?

SCCA Spec Miata Class
135 maximum horsepower
950 kg minimum weight
No Oil Changes
No Body Rigidity
No Engine Overhaul
Front Aero Kit allowed
No Wings or Flat Floors
Inch Up: 1 Rim Change required
Comfort Soft Tires
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes not allowed
Five-Speed Transmission only
Fully Customizable LSD allowed
Standard Clutch & Flywheel only
Standard Drive Shaft only
No Turbo Kits, Superchargers or Nitrous Oxide
Power limiting 90% or above
Weight Reduction allowed
Full Ballast allowed

Lap time, driver’s choice and photo mode competition

Eligible Car List (all of these should have special liveries when painted):
Mazda MX-5 (NA) '89
Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
Mazda MX-5 J-Limited (NA, J) '91
Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited (NA, J) '91
Mazda MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) '93
Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited II (NA, J) '93
Mazda MX-5 V-Special Type II (NA, J) '93
Mazda MX-5 Miata V-Special Type II (NA, J) '93
Mazda MX-5 S-Special Type I (NA, J) '95
Mazda MX-5 Miata S-Special Type I (NA, J) '95
Mazda MX-5 VR-Limited (NA, J) '95
Mazda MX-5 Miata VR-Limited (NA, J) '95
Mazda MX-5 SR-Limited (NA, J) '97
Mazda MX-5 Miata SR-Limited (NA, J) '97

Livery thread --> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/hidden-stripes-on-standard-cars-post-yours-here.292722/

Last edited:
SCCA Improved Touring Class
200 maximum horsepower
925 kg minimum weight
No Oil Changes
No Body Rigidity
No Engine Overhaul
Front Aero Kit allowed
Wings allowed
No Flat Floors
Inch Up: 1 Rim Change required
Sport Hard Tires
Racing Brakes allowed
Fully Customizable Transmission allowed
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit allowed
Carbon Drive Shaft allowed
No Nitrous Oxide
Power limiting 90% or above
Weight Reduction allowed
Full Ballast allowed

Lap time, driver’s choice and photo mode competition

Eligible Car List:
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '00
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

Last edited:
Street Touring Class
500PP
No Oil Changes
Body Rigidity allowed
No Engine Overhaul
Front Aero Kit allowed
Wings allowed
Flat Floors allowed
Any Rims allowed
Sport Soft Tires
Racing Brakes allowed
Fully Customizable Transmission allowed
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit allowed
No Nitrous Oxide
Power limiting 50% or above
Weight Reduction allowed
Full Ballast allowed

Lap time, driver’s choice

Eligible Car List:
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

Roadster Touring Car
500PP
No Oil Changes
Body Rigidity allowed
No Engine Overhaul
Wings allowed
Any Rims allowed
Racing Hard Tires
Power limiting 50% or above
Weight Reduction allowed
Full Ballast allowed

Lap time, driver’s choice

Eligible Car List:
Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Last edited:
Jeebus there are a lot of Roadsters. :boggled: That's actually a bit concerning if everyone chooses a different model. Still ends up being a lot of credits with the parts. Could it be narrowed to a 3-5 variety per class?

Four classes might be a bit much too. If I had to pick my two favorite it would be the TC and improved touring classes. The TC gives us that "spec" car so it's really tune versus tune and I like that the improved touring is power/weight, which we really haven't explored.

Jeebus there are a lot of Roadsters. :boggled: That's actually a bit concerning if everyone chooses a different model. Still ends up being a lot of credits with the parts. Could it be narrowed to a 3-5 variety per class?

Four classes might be a bit much too. If I had to pick my two favorite it would be the TC and improved touring classes. The TC gives us that "spec" car so it's really tune versus tune and I like that the improved touring is power/weight, which we really haven't explored.

The Improved Touring class could really be just four cars. The Spec Miata class is cool because of the special paint liveries. I think there may be a few duplicates in there?

I like the idea of having one or two classes just for new tuners/non-podium finishers.
Should encourage some people to enter as they won't have the intimidation factor of going against the big names straight out of the gate so to speak.
Some folks are confident enough to just dive in and that's great. But, there are a number of people who may say to themselves, "how can I hope to compete with the likes of @praiano63 , @Motor City Hami , @Johnnypenso etc."
A seperate class free of past winners/finalists takes that pressure off and will ensure that some new names start making their mark in FITT.
I'd like to see this not just the Miata challenge being proposed but most future events as well.
Then, and I know it's early in the year yet, have a year end Master's challenge open only to podium finishers.:gtpflag:

I like the idea of two classes, one the TC, the other limited to non-FITT winners. That's my understanding of what the idea is. I might just enter that as a tuner.

Does anyone know the difference between the three sets of Miata like this?

Mazda MX-5 1800 RS (NB, J) '04
Mazda Roadster 1800 RS (NB) '04

Does one drive with the top down? Are any of these with a hard top? Any other differences?

Does anyone know the difference between the three sets of Miata like this?

Does one drive with the top down? Are any of these with a hard top? Any other differences?

I am making a replica of Roadster Turbo NB, and have been buying all NB cars, they are different more based on years, for '04, I think the difference is in custom suspension spring rate range if I remember correctly. I know that the pre 2000 NB has no sequential valve timing stuff on the 1.8 engine, so it has lower redline at 6.5K ( 142HP ) - this also affected gearing with much closer spacing on stock gearbox, while the newer year ( 150+HP ) has valve timing and higher redline ( 7+K ) - wider spacing on stock gearbox, the 1st gen NB custom suspension can go lower in spring rate range :) I am using this 1st gen NB for my replica. I hate PD for not accurately use stock spring rate spec, much too high :( higher than the Bilstein fitted on the Turbo Roadster '03 :crazy:

Also found something peculiar with camber on some NB, they seem to react well to camber around 0.5 to 1.2 all around, which is weird ... I have been testing and tuning replica at Tsukuba on comfort medium ( stock tire grip level - Bridgestone Turanza ER30/Trampio Vimode ), and found the car more stable and responsive with a bit of camber.

Cost 23,500
Simple interior
Soft top shown in dealership
1,839 cc
157 hp/7,000 rpm
125.1 ft-lb/5,500 rpm
L 155.7
W 66.1
H 48.6
1,080 kg
Top up on track

Exact same specs shown in dealership
Top up on track

Exact same specs shown in dealership
Top up on track

I think we can narrow this field down to just four cars.

Plus, I think I like the structure.

Spec Miata open only to non-podium finishers.
Tuners can choose two classes to enter.

I cannot enter Spec Miata, so as of right now I think I would enter the '07 Roadster and the Roadster Touring Car classes. I love both of these cars. Plus, it could put Praiano, ACSR, DB, JohnnyP, Theo, Newdriver and other top tuners head to head in the same car. That should be really fun.

Any other feedback? Should I plan to launch this on Friday night?

@Motor City Hami most of the duplicated Miata/MX5 in game are because of different sales regions using seperate naming conventions. If you look at the in game description it should clarify where each "model" was sold. Each year should have 3 "models" in game, Japanese, European and American market. Other than name they should be identical, however, you may want to do a careful comparison of build ups because PD has been known to give JDM version cars a bit extra sometimes.:odd:

Back