FITT FT-86 Concept Challenge - congratulations to all the podium finshers

  • Thread starter Thread starter shaunm80
  • 678 comments
  • 48,977 views
Yeah I'm just gonna throw it out there. Feels good to me. Little slippery in the back sometimes, so it may take a few extra steering inputs. But sometimes in a good way.

Bottoms up.

Fully lightened
All power adders
99.1% power
LSD at 7/5/15
Transmission, Default, Max Speed full left, Final Gear 2.825
Suspension
105/90
3.00/3.00
3/2
3/4
3/5
0.00/0.00
-0.25/0.00
Brakes, Racing 6/4

Should be 500 PP, 330 HP, 880 kg
Wow. I haven't even started to take mine past a base setup yet and here you posting your final version. :crazy:
 
Wow, not even 24 hours from the OP and a tune completed, and I haven't even bought the car yet. Granted, I probably won't touch the car until the 21st or 23rd.

@shaunm80, you can put me down as a definite maybe. ;)

Edit: I decided to buy the car early.
 
Last edited:
Tuner, tester or both?
Tentative tuner, once I drive it I might decide about testing.

Edit: For those that re-read this post, Moulin Rouge will be my paint of choice this time around. And who knows, maybe 10 degrees of camber.
 
Last edited:
Don't encourage me to spend another day chasing thousandths. :crazy:
You did see how close the F3 comp
was didn't you
I guess I did. :D

But I changed nothing but had a few more beers.

View attachment 460403
You obviously tightened the nut behind the wheel :D

Sounds like you're pretty comfortable with your tune. Don't doubt yourself or your tune. Sleep/pass out for the night but don't change anything! Take it from someone who constantly chases their own tail trying to get that extra tenth, making the car worse or not keeping track of the tool boxes I've thrown at it.👍
:cheers:
Always keep notes about any changes you make to a tune. You can always revert to the faster/better setting.

Probably about 6 solid hours driving and tweaking. And twerking.
Twerking? :yuck:

Wow, not even 24 hours from the OP and a tune completed, and I haven't even bought the car yet. Granted, I probably won't touch the car until the 21st or 23rd.

@shaunm80, you can put me down as a definite maybe. ;)
I'm in the same boat as you, I haven't bought mine yet either.
 
Or loosened. Beer clink.

C'mon it's hilarious and degrating at the same time!
Around 25 years ago I spent a few hours at a mate's place with 'Mary Jane' then we went to the go-kart track. Somehow I managed to lower my lap record & when I went back the next time, I couldn't beat that time. I eventually did but the influence of 'Mary Jane' obviously loosened my nut that day :sick:
As for the twerking, my anaconda don't want none :yuck:
 
Good thing I did cause I wiped out on the bike, dislocated my thumb, reset it and now it's swollen as hell.
 
It's crappy getting old. 40. I think I'm 25.
I know how you feel. I've got an additional 5 years on you & in some ways I feel younger but in others definitely 45 :grumpy:
 
Do what it takes to keep your head off the ground. I learned that a long time ago as a skateboarder. I wasn't expecting my thumb to come out like it did. Was nasty. Never experienced that before. While in pain, put it back. It's all I was thinking. So gross. Wish I took a picture… so gnarly.

Alright, sorry guys. Little traumatized.
 
Do what it takes to keep your head off the ground. I learned that a long time ago as a skateboarder. I wasn't expecting my thumb to come out like it did. Was nasty. Never experienced that before. While in pain, put it back. It's all I was thinking. So gross. Wish I took a picture… so gnarly.

Alright, sorry guys. Little traumatized.
That's the idea anyway. I broke my left thumb 15 years ago playing football with my Brother. Not the smart thing to do when you drive a right-hand-drive manual car :banghead:
 
Good thing I did cause I wiped out on the bike, dislocated my thumb, reset it and now it's swollen as hell.
I think that was nature reminding you how old you actually are.
Take it easy. Hope you get better sooner than later.
 
Thanks. With the rib and now this, reality is setting in. Feel so crappy.

Oh well.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yikes. :scared:

Sorry, I'll delete those pictures in a bit.
 
Wow, not even 24 hours from the OP and a tune completed, and I haven't even bought the car yet. Granted, I probably won't touch the car until the 21st or 23rd.

@shaunm80, you can put me down as a definite maybe. ;)
Added
Can I be a tuner, or is it too late to sign up?
Added
Tuners have until the 24th to sign up so I see no reason why you can't join in the fun we're about to have. Welcome to the party :)
What he said :) and added to list
I'm in. Put me down as a tunner please.
Added
Thanks. With the rib and now this, reality is setting in. Feel so crappy.

Oh well.

View attachment 460742

View attachment 460744

Yikes. :scared:

Sorry, I'll delete those pictures in a bit.
Ouch, that looked/looks painful. Get a lot of ice on that and cooling gel to reduce the swelling.
 
Back