FITT FT-86 Concept Challenge - congratulations to all the podium finshers

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 678 comments
England
Exeter
morans1980
FITT FT-86 Concept Challenge

FITT.jpg

This is a one car, one track challenge on the fast-flowing Toyko R246 track. The car in question is the Toyota FT-86 Concept ’09. This car/track combination pretty much brings the car back home and it is up to you to tune this so it feels like it has never left the streets of Tokyo. It is time to give our amazing testers a really fun experience when they drive this concept car.

Information regarding the car regulations, testing rules and what-not are in the posts below. It would be great if you could join me in this FITT event as Tuner, Tester or both. I look forward to seeing who is with me in this event.

Well, without further ado, the challenge!

Tokyo R246.jpg

Last edited:
The Car

Toyota FT-86 Concept ‘09

Tokyo R246_1.jpg

Car regulations

500PP (Mandatory PP for all tuners)
Sports Hard Tyres only
FC Suspension allowed
Racing Brakes allowed
FC Transmission allowed
FC LSD allowed
Triple Plate Clutch and Flywheel only
Carbon Prop Shaft only
All power parts allowed
Weight Reduction allowed
Window Weight Reduction allowed
Use of ballast is allowed
Power limiter must be above 95% on tunes
The only driving aids allowed are ABS 1.

Please note the following

No Oil Changes allowed
No Body Rigidity allowed
No Overhaul Engine allowed
No Restore Body Rigidity allowed
No Nitrous Oxide

Track and Test Driving

Tokyo R246 (3.18 miles)
Arcade Mode Single Player Time Trial
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge – Real
Time for testing 09:00
Weather - Dry

Suggest running 10 laps with each car to find the single fastest lap. With it being a street track, it will be pretty hard to drive off the track as you will just hit a wall. knowing where the track limits are for this circuit is pretty simple.

Please report best lap time and driver’s choice results in a single post within this thread. It doesn’t matter what order your test results are posted in, as long as they all have the same number of laps when tested.

FITT Rules
General FITT rules: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-tuners-and-test-drivers.291311/#post-9017285

Tuning/Testing Deadlines
Tuning time commences immediately (Saturday 10th October 2015) and tuners will have two weeks to tune their car. All tunes must be submitted by the Saturday 24th October 2015 at Midnight (Wherever midnight is in your part of the world). I will check all the tunes and make sure they all meet regulations as they are submitted. If all the tunes come in before this deadline date, testing can begin earlier.

Once you submit your tune, I will consider it your final tune and no changes will be allowed, unless there is a problem with it that I notice when checking it over.

Testing Officially begins on Sunday 25th October 2015 and testers have two weeks to complete their testing (8th November 2015 by the latest) and post their reviews. If anyone needs additional time to post their tune or their testing results, let me know and I will get back to you ASAP regarding this.

Scoring
I only have one request when it comes to driver scoring, rate the DC based on your thoughts, feelings and how the car made you feel when driving it. Be honest, noone will feel hurt. Also, please provide constructive feedback on the tune you have tested, whether this is positive or negative feedback for a particular tune.

Driver's choice - Each tester will score each tune on the scale listed below. Driver's choice scores will then be averaged across all testers. The maximum number of DC points that can be earned is ten points. Please choose driver's choice on a scale of 0.0 to 10.0.

Driver's choice scale:
10.0 among the best tunes you have driven in GT6
7 to 9 a great tune that could be a little faster if...
4 to 6 a good tune that needs a few adjustments to become a contender
Under 4 a tune that needs work (please be specific with feedback with any tunes listed here)

Average Lap Time will be calculated as per the normal system. The best lap time achieved will be added to the scoring sheet, added together with the rest of the lap times and divided by the total number of testers. That will be the average time scoring for this event.

Last edited:
Tuners/Tune
@shaunm80 / Tune
@Otaliema / Tune
@coryclifford / Tune
@hall90 / Tune
@xande1959 / Tune
@Pete05 / Tune
@sinof1337 / Tune
@DolHaus / Withdrawn from event
@Bowtie-muscle / Tune
@DaBomm4 / Tune
@nijalninja / Tune
@fordracer / Withdrawn from event
@MrGrado / No tune received
@fbccars924 / Tune
@Burned_Rubber / Tune
@TheInfamousJEW6 / Tune
@Ale67 / Tune
@steve nfs / Tune

Note to tuners: There will be no tuning template created for this challenge, as it is not blind tuning for this event. Submit your tune in your own way, with your own images but make sure that when you post your tune, all the information is laid out so it is easy to follow, and most importantly, it is all correct.

Last edited:
Testers/Review link
@shaunm80 / Review
@Soren Jacquet
@Otaliema / Withdrawn
@DolHaus / Review
@Wydopen / Review
@MrGrado / Withdrawn
@Lionheart2113 / Reviews
@biffa3 / Review
@Eralam
@TheInfamousJEW6 / Review

Scoring – Link to Google Sheet

@Otaliema has kindly agreed to look after the scoring element for me once again. Thank you very much. It is greatly appreciated.

Notice for all testers - Please use the review template below when posting your reviews to make it easier to enter in all the relevant data to the scoring sheet.

@shaunm80,
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@Otaliema
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@coryclifford
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@hall90
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@xande1959
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@Pete05
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@sinof1337
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@DolHaus
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@DaBomm4
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@nijalninja
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@fordracer
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@MrGrado
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@fbccars924
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@Burned_Rubber
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@Ale67
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

@steve nfs
Lap time; DC;
Impressions of the tune;

[/spoiler]

Last edited:
Results

Firstly, let me say thank you to all the tuners and the testers who took part with this event. It was great to see you all involved and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. This event was really close in terms of lap time but there was a clear winner in the Driver Choice scores.

Without further ado,

Congratulations @Burned_Rubber for coming first in both lap time and DC. You did an excellent job with your tune and it was liked by every tester. You can be proud of that one.

Well done to all the podium tuners, you proved your worth with this car and this wasn't an easy car to get right. Great job all three of you in each category.

Tokya R246

Lap Time Podium
1st @Burned_Rubber 1:51.107 +00.000
2nd @TheInfamousJEW6 1:51.238 +00.131
3rd @fbccars924 1:51.360 +00.254

Special mention about the following tuners who were not far from the podium spots. This category was really close as I have already mentioned so well dne.
4 Ale67 1:51.540 +00.433
5 sinof1337 1:51.571 +00.465

Driver Choice Podium
1st @Burned_Rubber 9.82
2nd @TheInfamousJEW6 9.23
3rd @steve nfs 9.23

(Although 2nd and 3rd have the same DC, the lap time average was used to decide the tie. Very close indeed chaps!)

Special mention to the following tuners who have proved that the new comers have shown some of us veterans how to create a car that is enjoyed by the mass of testers. Well done to all of you.
4 fbccars924 9.15
5 Ale67 9.00

FT-86 R246
Fastest lap time award - 1:50.242; @TheInfamousJEW6's tune Driven By Wydopen
Most Consistent tester and Fastest Average tester is - @DolHaus with an average lap time of 1.51.030

Last edited:
Tennetive for tuner,
Deferent testers.
I have family coming into town from out of state not sure how long they are staying so don't know what my play time will be for the next couple weeks.

Tennetive for tuner,
Deferent testers.
I have family coming into town from out of state not sure how long they are staying so don't know what my play time will be for the next couple weeks.
No worries, See what you can do with the time you have. Glad your definitely testing though. :)

My tweaking and testing all day have come down to the thousandths. Been like this for an hour. Hundredths or thousandths consistently. Pretty much stuck or thinking I've settled on all I'm gonna get. Too soon to post a tune? Maybe I'll sleep on it.

View attachment 460127
Sleep on it. Go grab a couple of tunes from the data base for it drive them ten laps then try yours again. See how it goes.

I went left I went right I went up I went down, in and out. Quite comfortable with it at this point but I'll heed the advice and see what's up tomorrow.

I think there's a pretty fine line between small adjustments with this car. One click on a damper setting and it's all off, for me. Put this car on SM tires and it'd be a bunch better.

All of you have been added to the tuners/testers list now. Thank you for the eagle eyed reader who spotted an error in my scoring section. I have now corrected that typo.

As for the question of using SM tyres for this event, I am not so sure that would improve this event anyway. As it stands, the SH tyres already have a high level of grip with this particular car and putting SM tyres will make this car way too easy to tune. As it stands, this car is fairly easy to tune on SH tyres going by the times others have posted already at this early stage. The one element that I think will make or break a tune is over-tuning it. We will see when testing begins. :)

Anyone is more than welcome to post a tune on the first day on testing but as others have said, wait a few days before posting. You may find another setting that works better through additional tinkering.. :)

Don't encourage me to spend another day chasing thousandths. :crazy:
Sounds like you're pretty comfortable with your tune. Don't doubt yourself or your tune. Sleep/pass out for the night but don't change anything! Take it from someone who constantly chases their own tail trying to get that extra tenth, making the car worse or not keeping track of the tool boxes I've thrown at it.👍
:cheers:

Yeah I'm just gonna throw it out there. Feels good to me. Little slippery in the back sometimes, so it may take a few extra steering inputs. But sometimes in a good way.

Bottoms up.

Fully lightened
All power adders
99.1% power
LSD at 7/5/15
Transmission, Default, Max Speed full left, Final Gear 2.825
Suspension
105/90
3.00/3.00
3/2
3/4
3/5