FITT FT-86 Concept Challenge - congratulations to all the podium finshers

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 678 comments
Why am I in pink? :odd:
:lol: Sorry mate, pink is fast right?
The pink with red numbers means that testers lap times are slower than the average for that car. It's main reason is to highlight those who might intentionally sandbag a certain tuner. Not that anyone would but I created it back for an "issue" FITT had a few challenges ago. If you have most of your tunes in pink then it's ok, it's when you have none in your column except 1 or 2. That's just to call it to the spreadsheet owners attention.
It's also set up to take out a testers score for their own tune....if that situation/argument ever rears its ugly head again. Once again, I doubt it will need to be used, but you never know.

:lol: Sorry mate, pink is fast right?
The pink with red numbers means that testers lap times are slower than the average for that car. It's main reason is to highlight those who might intentionally sandbag a certain tuner. Not that anyone would but I created it back for an "issue" FITT had a few challenges ago. If you have most of your tunes in pink then it's ok, it's when you have none in your column except 1 or 2. That's just to call it to the spreadsheet owners attention.
It's also set up to take out a testers score for their own tune....if that situation/argument ever rears its ugly head again. Once again, I doubt it will need to be used, but you never know.
All but two of mine are pink.. :( Does that officially mean I am slower than average? :indiff:

All but two of mine are pink.. :( Does that officially mean I am slower than average? :indiff:
The 2 that aren't pink show your fastest and slowest times.(they could still be pink) But it will sort itself out with more and more testers. It's not fair at the moment cuz you have @biffa3 blasting away on the dpads bringing down the lap average.:sly:
He beat my fastest lap.:irked: And he's gained ground on me in the loose/sliding cars. And only .004 in the overall average. What a madman!

The 2 that aren't pink show your fastest and slowest times.(they could still be pink) But it will sort itself out with more and more testers. It's not fair at the moment cuz you have @biffa3 blasting away on the dpads bringing down the lap average.:sly:
He beat my fastest lap.:irked: And he's gained ground on me in the loose/sliding cars. And only .004 in the overall average. What a madman!

It's all about the tunes!! I also enjoy the track too. Was a perfect combo and really glad I had the time to test.

Evening all

Fantastic turn out again, and really good tunes too. Good to see some new blood around as well.

Here are my testing results.

All tunes tested for 10 laps using DS3 (d-pad for turning, x go, square stop) using auto transmission. All aids off except ABS1 and driving line.

@shaunm80,
Lap time - 1:51:614
DC - 8
Impressions of the tune
Great car to throw around the track. Feels light and nimble but you will have to manage the rear end.

@Otaliema
Lap time - 1:51:692
DC - 8.5
Impressions of the tune
Light and nimble. Good under braking and some oversteer to manage. Easy to set consistent lap times in.

@coryclifford
Lap time - 1:51:557
DC - 9.0
Impressions of the tune
Stable and fast. Took a few laps to get used to as it was so planted. Some understeer present and would benefit from sharper turn in but this may compromise stability. Good effort.

@hall90
Lap time - 1:50:979
DC - 8.5
Impressions of the tune
Nicely balanced tune when you hit your marks. Brake or turn in late however, and you wont recover the understeer. Consistency is key for a fast lap. Fantastic traction out of the 1st and last corners.

@xande1959
Lap time - 1:51:253
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune
Some understeer present through the slower corners, and you will have to manage the rear.

@Pete05
Lap time - 1:51:576
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune
A tune you will have to be precise in. Has decent turn in but some mid corner understeer, then some oversteer if too heavy on the throttle. Has a twitch over the little crest on start finish straight.

@sinof1337
Lap time - 1:50:961
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune
Looser than the last few tested so took a little time to get used to. A little twitchy under braking and the brake release oversteer both assisted and hampered. Quick enough though.

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap time - 1:51:991
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune
Struggled to settle into this one. Stable under braking but found it hard to get on the power out of 1st and last turns. Amount of barrier collisions also hints at some understeer.

@DaBomm4
Lap time - 1:52:590
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune
Strange little thing this one. Turn in good, mid to exit unpredictable and exit requires throttle control.

@nijalninja
Lap time - 1:51:735
DC - 8
Impressions of the tune
Nice and stable, although a little unforgiving. If you can hit your marks it will provide consistent lap times, but the understeer will kill them if you can't.

@fbccars924
Lap time - 1:50:934
DC - 8.5
Impressions of the tune
Does exactly what you ask of it. Solid under braking, good turn in and rotation. Easy to get on the power. Good effort.

@Burned_Rubber
Lap time - 1:50:762
DC - 10
Impressions of the tune
Fantastic tune. I've talked in the past about tune fitting tester, This is one of those in my hands. Bravo sir.

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap time - 1:50:723
DC - 9.5
Impressions of the tune
Another fantastic tune. Easy to run consistently quick times. 80% in the low 51's or 50's. Handled the S in the middle of the circuit well.

@Ale67
Lap time - 1:50:995
DC - 9
Impressions of the tune
Solid tune. Stable under braking and good turn in. Some understeer present, and some wheelspin on corner exit. Good effort.

@steve nfs
Lap time - 1:51:037
DC - 9
Impressions of the tune
Nice tune with manageable understeer and oversteer present. You tuned it to run 1:51's. Mission accompished in my hands. Only 2 out of the 10 were outside due to meetings with the barriers. The slowest was 1:51:889. Very consistent car. Well done.
Thank you for suffering through testing my tune. I seem to have missed it on this one. Sorry.

@xande1959
Best Lap Time: 1.53.299
DC – 9.3
Impressions of the tune. Positives first. Transmission was good, brakes were good, front-end rotation was good. Handling was either spot on or felt sluggish depending on corner entry and it wasn’t consistent enough for me in this regard. The rear was prone to oversteer which cost time and the under steer on some of the corners was too much, again costing time. Acceleration was an art with this tune and I am not sure I have part alien in me to really extract all this tune has to offer. This being said, When I was on a hot lap and it all fitted together, this was a fun tune to drive. Just needed more consistency with the rear grip. Good tune and one that will get a much better lap time with some of the other testers.

many thanks shaun. despite having little time preparing this car because of my mistake. I am pleased by her performance. I had three hours working with him, I congratulate your satisfaction by times.:cheers:

@biffa3 thank you on the testing and feedback. Looks like I'm just off the mark on the this time around.

Updated rankings with Biffa's times and DC scores.

R246 Lap Time
1 @Burned_Rubber 1:51.182 +00.000
2 @fbccars924 1:51.405 +00.223
3 @TheInfamousJEW6 1:51.501 +00.320
4 @sinof1337 1:51.524 +00.342
5 @steve nfs 1:51.738 +00.556

R246 DC Score
1 @Burned_Rubber 9.90
2 @TheInfamousJEW6 9.23
3 @fbccars924 9.20
4 @steve nfs 9.13
5 @coryclifford 9.03

FT-86 R246
1:50.723; TheInfamousJEW6's tune Driven By bffa3
Most Consistent bffa3 1.867
Fastest Average @Lionheart2113 111.356

Evening all

Fantastic turn out again, and really good tunes too. Good to see some new blood around as well.

All tunes tested for 10 laps using DS3 (d-pad for turning, x go, square stop) using auto transmission. All aids off except ABS1 and driving line.

@shaunm80,
DC - 8
Impressions of the tune
Great car to throw around the track. Feels light and nimble but you will have to manage the rear end.

@Otaliema
DC - 8.5
Impressions of the tune
Light and nimble. Good under braking and some oversteer to manage. Easy to set consistent lap times in.

@coryclifford
DC - 9.0
Impressions of the tune
Stable and fast. Took a few laps to get used to as it was so planted. Some understeer present and would benefit from sharper turn in but this may compromise stability. Good effort.

@hall90
DC - 8.5
Impressions of the tune
Nicely balanced tune when you hit your marks. Brake or turn in late however, and you wont recover the understeer. Consistency is key for a fast lap. Fantastic traction out of the 1st and last corners.

@xande1959
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune
Some understeer present through the slower corners, and you will have to manage the rear.

@Pete05
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune
A tune you will have to be precise in. Has decent turn in but some mid corner understeer, then some oversteer if too heavy on the throttle. Has a twitch over the little crest on start finish straight.

@sinof1337
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune
Looser than the last few tested so took a little time to get used to. A little twitchy under braking and the brake release oversteer both assisted and hampered. Quick enough though.

@Bowtie-muscle
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune
Struggled to settle into this one. Stable under braking but found it hard to get on the power out of 1st and last turns. Amount of barrier collisions also hints at some understeer.

@DaBomm4
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune
Strange little thing this one. Turn in good, mid to exit unpredictable and exit requires throttle control.

@nijalninja
DC - 8
Impressions of the tune
Nice and stable, although a little unforgiving. If you can hit your marks it will provide consistent lap times, but the understeer will kill them if you can't.

@fbccars924
DC - 8.5
Impressions of the tune
Does exactly what you ask of it. Solid under braking, good turn in and rotation. Easy to get on the power. Good effort.

@Burned_Rubber
DC - 10
Impressions of the tune
Fantastic tune. I've talked in the past about tune fitting tester, This is one of those in my hands. Bravo sir.

@TheInfamousJEW6
DC - 9.5
Impressions of the tune
Another fantastic tune. Easy to run consistently quick times. 80% in the low 51's or 50's. Handled the S in the middle of the circuit well.

@Ale67
DC - 9
Impressions of the tune
Solid tune. Stable under braking and good turn in. Some understeer present, and some wheelspin on corner exit. Good effort.

@steve nfs
DC - 9
Impressions of the tune
Nice tune with manageable understeer and oversteer present. You tuned it to run 1:51's. Mission accompished in my hands. Only 2 out of the 10 were outside due to meetings with the barriers. The slowest was 1:51:889. Very consistent car. Well done.
Thanks for testing and the feedback Biffa :bowdown: 👍
I added that little twitch over the hump on purpose for added interest :D

So I've made it about halfway through testing all of the tunes and it's been one joyful ride so far! Adapting my driving ability to each tune has been a great learning experience!

Anyways you can take away that "tentative" Mr. @shaunm80, I know i can find the time to finish these up in the next 7 days. :D Once again thank you and great choices of car and track for this event sir! :cheers:

So I've made it about halfway through testing all of the tunes and it's been one joyful ride so far! Adapting my driving ability to each tune has been a great learning experience!

Anyways you can take away that "tentative" Mr. @shaunm80, I know i can find the time to finish these up in the next 7 days. :D Once again thank you and great choices of car and track for this event sir! :cheers:
Great to hear. I have put you as a definite tester now. Thank you :)

Ugg i'm just off today. No testing for me. 40 laps in and over a second off from yesterday. -_- and I know it's not the cars one of them was one of the top 5 cars. Off to tune something else.

Evening all

@shaunm80,
DC - 8
Impressions of the tune

@Otaliema
DC - 8.5
Impressions of the tune

@coryclifford
DC - 9.0
Impressions of the tune

@hall90
DC - 8.5
Impressions of the tune

@xande1959
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune

@Pete05
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune

@sinof1337
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune

@Bowtie-muscle
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune

@DaBomm4
DC - 7.5
Impressions of the tune

@nijalninja
DC - 8
Impressions of the tune

@fbccars924
DC - 8.5
Impressions of the tune

@Burned_Rubber
DC - 10
Impressions of the tune

@TheInfamousJEW6
DC - 9.5
Impressions of the tune

@Ale67
DC - 9
Impressions of the tune

@steve nfs
DC - 9
Impressions of the tune
Thank you very much.

DSC_0328.JPG
I'm on fire tonight. Some great tunes here for sure. Is that a new record???????? :D

Edit: All testing is done. Final hot lap was 1:50.242!!!!!!!! Scores and times to come later today.

Last edited:
View attachment 470295 I'm on fire tonight. Some great tunes here for sure. Is that a new record???????? :D

Edit: All testing is done. Final hot lap was 1:50.242!!!!!!!! Scores and times to come later today.
Awesome times there.
Hurry up! I wanna try the 50.242 car. :D
Think you can break the 1:49 barrier?

My son is down with a stomach bug so I won't be playing for a few days while he gets well. I will be able to update the sheet as new times get posted.

Edit: corrected auto guess errors

I think I can. Seems doable after watching my replay.
Agreed, I think the key will be turn 4 have to keep the speed up through it and not botch up T5. The 6/7 chicane can take easily at 185+ km/h then T13 for the launch into the start/finish straight to be over 230 km/h at the line will all help get there.
I may not be the fastest driver but I know what needs to be done were to get the most from the laps which is how I tune cars most of time. Identifying the key turns and tune car to clear them at the height possible speeds after sorting out the all over issues.

Agreed, I think the key will be turn 4 have to keep the speed up through it and not botch up T5. The 6/7 chicane can take easily at 185+ km/h then T13 for the launch into the start/finish straight to be over 230 km/h at the line will all help get there.
I may not be the fastest driver but I know what needs to be done were to get the most from the laps which is how I tune cars most of time. Identifying the key turns and tune car to clear them at the height possible speeds after sorting out the all over issues.
What about about carrying the speed out of T9? That can gain/lose up to 4 tenths on that one... for me atleast.

I gotta stay tighter through 4, touch the second curb in 5. At 6/7 I'm doing just a millisecond of a lift. The rest I'm okay with. Whether that adds up to 3 tenths, I'm not sure. My 50.3 wasn't too bad but it's the little things. Had a little wiggle out of 3, went a little wide in 4, little wide in 5.

Ok, as I stated all testing is complete and the results are in. Before I post my findings I will say that there was a great turn out for this event. Many new faces with many great tunes and I did my best to give each one of them a fair shake. If I didn't run a good time with your car, I apologize as it may not have fit as well with my driving style as some others did. It's not personal and the reason we have multiple testers for these events. I bought a brand new car to test with and it now has 548 miles on it. All testing was done in single player arcade mode with grip set to real on Tokyo R246 with sports hard tires as specified for this event. I use a DS3 controller on both sticks with auto trans and R1 for E-brake. ABS setting of 1 was the only aid used.

@shaunm80
1:51.470 DC score: 8.8

This was a very safe and stable tune which is what I expected. Shaun does a great job of keeping folks in the gold in the seasonal events and many of my cars are based off his tunes. The car had good braking and initial turn in everywhere with some minor exit oversteer if you got too zealous. There were no places it excelled but also no corners it had trouble with. Overall a good tune.

@Otaliema
1:51.713 DC score: 8.2

This car was hard to come to terms with. It wasn't grippy enough to drive smooth and clean, but the breakaway point (for me anyway) wasn't subtle enough to drive like a grease car. It seemed like it couldn't make up it's mind what it wanted to do. It had a great transmission and was good in the downhill section, but I just didn't groove with it. I know you are a great tuner, but this is not some of your best work. Sorry. I did still manage a respectable time with it, but it was work to get it.

@coryclifford
1:51.749 DC score: 8.6

I know you are a wheel/manual guy so I wasn't sure what to expect from your car. It actually worked pretty well for me. It held a great line in the left leading up the hill and through the offset. The LSD accel setting of 5 gave me some inside wheelspin if I got into it too hard when it was unloaded. The car had good brakes and the trans worked well. It did feel a little loose in the downhill section at the end, but I managed a decent line. Overall a pretty good tune.

@hall90
1:51.600 DC score: 8.7

This was a very stable car with great brakes and a good LSD. I got a nice line through the first corner, but in the right hand sweeper it felt a little vague. The transition from off throttle rotation to power on understeer was fairly noticeable but manageable. Overall a good tune and ran a pretty good time.

@xande1959
1.51.556 DC score: 9.8

I really liked this car. It's the epitome of what a race car should be. Very versatile even if you get off line. Perfect car for running in traffic. It may not have turned in the fastest time, but I could race this one all day. The trans was especially good, shifting exactly when I wanted it to which is so important to an auto driver. Kudos!!!

@Pete05
1:52.289 DC score: 8.5

This was a decent tune given the use of some stock parts. The brakes took a minute to get used to, but worked fine once I adjusted to them. The car had great throttle on rotation and was great in the sweeper and up the hill. It did seem a little greasy in the final downhill section and overall was better in the first half of the track. Not a bad car, but in this field, just not up to par.

@sinof1337
1:51.287 DC score: 9.2

This was a very good tune. A little on the loose side, but once I adjusted, the lap times fell. No features really stood out, but everything worked well together. Maybe a 2mm drop in the rear height or a couple clicks up in the LSD decel and this one would be perfect. Good job on tuning another unruly beast.

@Bowtie-muscle
1:51.885 DC score: 8.8

Just what I expected from this FITT veteran. A great stable car. I was immediately comfortable in it and able to run consistent lap times. The only place I had any problems with it was at the top of the hill. It seemed a little loose when unloaded. Could have just been me though. A little bit of corner exit understeer and the weaker brakes hurt times, but were easily manageable. This is a tough crowd and you have a great car, just not the fastest. Good job sir.

@DaBomm4
1:53.209 DC score: 7.5

I really wanted to like this tune. It has a razor sharp front end especially when under power, good brakes and a good trans. It was just too loose for me to handle especially in the downhill section. It required more gentle throttle control than I was able to muster. I was getting great lines through turn one and if I hit my points it was good in the sweeper also. I just couldn't keep the back end planted and it cost me too much time. Nice try, but the back end needs work.

@nijalninja
1:52.564 DC score: 9.2

This was a good tune given the unorthodox look of the settings compared to most. It did everything I wanted and had great power on rotation through the corners. It took a little getting used to as this car likes a different line. Once I got it figured out, I turned in decent and consistent times. I would maybe lower the LSD decel a bit for a tad more corner entry rotation. That would make it faster overall and track placement would also not be as crucial. Overall very good tune even if lap times don't reflect it.

@fbccars924
1:50.684 DC score: 10

I gave out 2 DC scores of 10 this competition and both were well deserved. This is one of them. Superb car!! Balance is perfect and the harder you push, the better the car responds. It made me forget I was running on SH tires for sure. This is definitely the "drive it like you stole it" tune of this event. Very well done!!!

@Burned_Rubber
1.50.821 DC score: 9.7

I can see why others have raved about this one. It has great chassis balance and is wicked fast. I found it a little twitchy in the sweeper, and the trans seems better suited to a manual driver who could short shift it just a bit, but otherwise, spectacular tune and the time shows it. Very well done.

@TheInfamousJEW6
1:50.242 DC score: 10

This is the other 10 score I handed out. On my second lap I knew this was the car of my wet dreams. It did absolutely what I wanted and when I wanted. Blazing fast and manageable around almost any line. This is the tune I was hoping for coming in to this event. BRAVO!!!!!!

@Ale67
1.51.329 DC score: 9.7

Everything about this car works. Just the right trail braking in, and not much push on the way out. LSD and brakes were spot on for the car and it was a lot of fun to toss this one around. Very good car, Kudos.

@steve nfs
1:51.905 DC score: 8.6

This car had great chassis balance and turn in, but the times were hurt by the drivetrain. The 3-4 and 4-5 shift points need a bit of work to be good for an automatic driver and the power on understeer hurts corner exit speeds. Overall it was a decent car and put down a very respectable time. Great effort, but it needs a bit of fine tuning for my style.

As with all FITT events this has been a blast to participate in. I will be keeping a few of these tunes permanently on my 2 models of this car. If anyone has any questions or concerns about my methods or times, feel free to say something. Thanks shaunm80 for putting on this event, I voted for it in the polls instead of my own so I was glad it could happen as I love R246.

@Wydopen thanks for taking the time to test, sir. You have obviously spent a great deal of time on this track and your times prove it! I am an AT user as well. You said it was a little twitchy through the sweeper. Was that due to the curvature of the track or hitting the line to avoid the track edge? I am by no means telling you how to drive as you are almost 3 whole seconds faster than me in my own tune! :embarrassed: Well done!

Back