FITT FT-86 Concept Challenge - congratulations to all the podium finshers

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 678 comments
I remember the day I realized my stick tunes don't translate over for me on a wheel. Practically wrote all the old tunes off. This event is proving to me that they just don't carry over. I'm much smoother with the wheel then I could ever be with the controller.

It's been all DS3 and auto testers so far, yeah?

Nonetheless, can't complain. Thanks Wydopen. đź‘Ť

Ok, as I stated all testing is complete and the results are in. Before I post my findings I will say that there was a great turn out for this event. Many new faces with many great tunes and I did my best to give each one of them a fair shake. If I didn't run a good time with your car, I apologize as it may not have fit as well with my driving style as some others did. It's not personal and the reason we have multiple testers for these events. I bought a brand new car to test with and it now has 548 miles on it. All testing was done in single player arcade mode with grip set to real on Tokyo R246 with sports hard tires as specified for this event. I use a DS3 controller on both sticks with auto trans and R1 for E-brake. ABS setting of 1 was the only aid used.

@shaunm80
1:51.470 DC score: 8.8

This was a very safe and stable tune which is what I expected. Shaun does a great job of keeping folks in the gold in the seasonal events and many of my cars are based off his tunes. The car had good braking and initial turn in everywhere with some minor exit oversteer if you got too zealous. There were no places it excelled but also no corners it had trouble with. Overall a good tune.

@Otaliema
1:51.713 DC score: 8.2

This car was hard to come to terms with. It wasn't grippy enough to drive smooth and clean, but the breakaway point (for me anyway) wasn't subtle enough to drive like a grease car. It seemed like it couldn't make up it's mind what it wanted to do. It had a great transmission and was good in the downhill section, but I just didn't groove with it. I know you are a great tuner, but this is not some of your best work. Sorry. I did still manage a respectable time with it, but it was work to get it.

@coryclifford
1:51.749 DC score: 8.6

I know you are a wheel/manual guy so I wasn't sure what to expect from your car. It actually worked pretty well for me. It held a great line in the left leading up the hill and through the offset. The LSD accel setting of 5 gave me some inside wheelspin if I got into it too hard when it was unloaded. The car had good brakes and the trans worked well. It did feel a little loose in the downhill section at the end, but I managed a decent line. Overall a pretty good tune.

@hall90
1:51.600 DC score: 8.7

This was a very stable car with great brakes and a good LSD. I got a nice line through the first corner, but in the right hand sweeper it felt a little vague. The transition from off throttle rotation to power on understeer was fairly noticeable but manageable. Overall a good tune and ran a pretty good time.

@xande1959
1.51.556 DC score: 9.8

I really liked this car. It's the epitome of what a race car should be. Very versatile even if you get off line. Perfect car for running in traffic. It may not have turned in the fastest time, but I could race this one all day. The trans was especially good, shifting exactly when I wanted it to which is so important to an auto driver. Kudos!!!

@Pete05
1:52.289 DC score: 8.5

This was a decent tune given the use of some stock parts. The brakes took a minute to get used to, but worked fine once I adjusted to them. The car had great throttle on rotation and was great in the sweeper and up the hill. It did seem a little greasy in the final downhill section and overall was better in the first half of the track. Not a bad car, but in this field, just not up to par.

@sinof1337
1:51.287 DC score: 9.2

This was a very good tune. A little on the loose side, but once I adjusted, the lap times fell. No features really stood out, but everything worked well together. Maybe a 2mm drop in the rear height or a couple clicks up in the LSD decel and this one would be perfect. Good job on tuning another unruly beast.

@Bowtie-muscle
1:51.885 DC score: 8.8

Just what I expected from this FITT veteran. A great stable car. I was immediately comfortable in it and able to run consistent lap times. The only place I had any problems with it was at the top of the hill. It seemed a little loose when unloaded. Could have just been me though. A little bit of corner exit understeer and the weaker brakes hurt times, but were easily manageable. This is a tough crowd and you have a great car, just not the fastest. Good job sir.

@DaBomm4
1:53.209 DC score: 7.5

I really wanted to like this tune. It has a razor sharp front end especially when under power, good brakes and a good trans. It was just too loose for me to handle especially in the downhill section. It required more gentle throttle control than I was able to muster. I was getting great lines through turn one and if I hit my points it was good in the sweeper also. I just couldn't keep the back end planted and it cost me too much time. Nice try, but the back end needs work.

@nijalninja
1:52.564 DC score: 9.2

This was a good tune given the unorthodox look of the settings compared to most. It did everything I wanted and had great power on rotation through the corners. It took a little getting used to as this car likes a different line. Once I got it figured out, I turned in decent and consistent times. I would maybe lower the LSD decel a bit for a tad more corner entry rotation. That would make it faster overall and track placement would also not be as crucial. Overall very good tune even if lap times don't reflect it.

@fbccars924
1:50.684 DC score: 10

I gave out 2 DC scores of 10 this competition and both were well deserved. This is one of them. Superb car!! Balance is perfect and the harder you push, the better the car responds. It made me forget I was running on SH tires for sure. This is definitely the "drive it like you stole it" tune of this event. Very well done!!!

@Burned_Rubber
1.50.821 DC score: 9.7

I can see why others have raved about this one. It has great chassis balance and is wicked fast. I found it a little twitchy in the sweeper, and the trans seems better suited to a manual driver who could short shift it just a bit, but otherwise, spectacular tune and the time shows it. Very well done.

@TheInfamousJEW6
1:50.242 DC score: 10

This is the other 10 score I handed out. On my second lap I knew this was the car of my wet dreams. It did absolutely what I wanted and when I wanted. Blazing fast and manageable around almost any line. This is the tune I was hoping for coming in to this event. BRAVO!!!!!!

@Ale67
1.51.329 DC score: 9.7

Everything about this car works. Just the right trail braking in, and not much push on the way out. LSD and brakes were spot on for the car and it was a lot of fun to toss this one around. Very good car, Kudos.

@steve nfs
1:51.905 DC score: 8.6

This car had great chassis balance and turn in, but the times were hurt by the drivetrain. The 3-4 and 4-5 shift points need a bit of work to be good for an automatic driver and the power on understeer hurts corner exit speeds. Overall it was a decent car and put down a very respectable time. Great effort, but it needs a bit of fine tuning for my style.

As with all FITT events this has been a blast to participate in. I will be keeping a few of these tunes permanently on my 2 models of this car. If anyone has any questions or concerns about my methods or times, feel free to say something. Thanks shaunm80 for putting on this event, I voted for it in the polls instead of my own so I was glad it could happen as I love R246.
Thanks for testing, looks like you enjoyed it and found some good tunes. My tune is just a bit off the mark, and having new guns flying around puts it down the list. But I'm ok with that. Next one will be better.

Ok, as I stated all testing is complete and the results are in. Before I post my findings I will say that there was a great turn out for this event. Many new faces with many great tunes and I did my best to give each one of them a fair shake. If I didn't run a good time with your car, I apologize as it may not have fit as well with my driving style as some others did. It's not personal and the reason we have multiple testers for these events. I bought a brand new car to test with and it now has 548 miles on it. All testing was done in single player arcade mode with grip set to real on Tokyo R246 with sports hard tires as specified for this event. I use a DS3 controller on both sticks with auto trans and R1 for E-brake. ABS setting of 1 was the only aid used.

@shaunm80

This was a very safe and stable tune which is what I expected. Shaun does a great job of keeping folks in the gold in the seasonal events and many of my cars are based off his tunes. The car had good braking and initial turn in everywhere with some minor exit oversteer if you got too zealous. There were no places it excelled but also no corners it had trouble with. Overall a good tune.
Thanks for the review and glad you enjoyed my tune. It is a little less safe than my usual FITT tunes but I felt that it needed to be a little lively given the track choice. You produced a really fast time overall too which was good.

Thank you for testing too, you did an awesome job and produced some amazing times. :)

@Wydopen thanks for taking the time to test, sir. You have obviously spent a great deal of time on this track and your times prove it! I am an AT user as well. You said it was a little twitchy through the sweeper. Was that due to the curvature of the track or hitting the line to avoid the track edge? I am by no means telling you how to drive as you are almost 3 whole seconds faster than me in my own tune! :embarrassed: Well done!

If I remember correctly it had more to do with the 3-4 shift point being right at the speed I was trying to come through there and the searching for the right gear was upsetting the chassis. It had nothing to do with the setup itself, just a consequence of running auto trans.

Is there really a ~3 second difference in times there?
It does sound like a lot, but I had just under a 2 second spread across the board and this isn't my first rodeo. I can see 3 seconds, but holy 🤬 with a 1:50.2 in there... :odd:
There's still more testing to be done... Just hope there are more driving styles that come with them to round things out a little more.

I ran a 50.3 so I see no problem running a 50.2, and I know I can go faster, it's just a 3 second spread in the same car seems rather large for a track that's under two minutes long.

I too hope there's more styles. And manual users.

Not complaining at all, just saying.

I tried my hardest to bring in the slowest car at a better time but it just didn't happen. I knew it would kill my average but there was nothing I could do about it, sorry. If you eliminate that time, it's a 2.3 second spread across 14 cars. I don't think that's too awful considering the huge variety of tunes we are dealing with.

I tried my hardest to bring in the slowest car at a better time but it just didn't happen. I knew it would kill my average but there was nothing I could do about it, sorry. If you eliminate that time, it's a 2.3 second spread across 14 cars. I don't think that's too awful considering the huge variety of tunes we are dealing with.
You did just fine, no worries.

Yeah no worries at all guys.

Wish I could drive more. I'd be all over this. Just gotta take it easy. Still. :indiff:
Is the ~3 second spread kinda normal? I'm relatively new to this too. I mean, to me, that's a pretty good amount of time.

We need a stock car thrown in as a reference. :D

@Wydopen What do you have your controller sensitivity at? I was going to run some more tests with different settings this weekend.

It's set at -1. I have tried many different settings from -2 to +4 and -1 just seems to work best for me. I have to say that there is also a difference between my controllers that I own. I pretty much use the same one as my goto for racing. It just feels better for some reason.

Last edited:
@xande1959

I really liked this car. It's the epitome of what a race car should be. Very versatile even if you get off line. Perfect car for running in traffic. It may not have turned in the fastest time, but I could race this one all day. The trans was especially good, shifting exactly when I wanted it to which is so important to an auto driver. Kudos!!!

thank you for the test. I'm glad for his sincerity. could not this time. applaud:bowdown::cheers:

Yeah no worries at all guys.

Wish I could drive more. I'd be all over this. Just gotta take it easy. Still. :indiff:
Is the ~3 second spread kinda normal? I'm relatively new to this too. I mean, to me, that's a pretty good amount of time.

We need a stock car thrown in as a reference. :D
On a track like this, yes. Have seen spreads like this before. Longer the track, more of a chance for a larger spread. GT challenge at Daytona Road was likely larger spread .

Edit: check out these results and the difference in times
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akr4MBOtjOcqdDlHbV9pTlotSGlFcDNGa3VId2t5bVE&usp=sharing

Last edited:
Thks Wydopen for test run my manual drive tune. đź‘Ť :lol:

An auto driver can usually tell when the trans was set up by a manual driver. There is a certain way I usually set up a trans and it's pretty simple. When I am doing it for a certain track, it has to shift right when I need it to, or at least not shift when I don't want it to. Adjusting the shift points is crucial where you need a long 3rd gear because it's perfect through a certain section where a shift would upset the car or right before a braking zone. Manual users have the ability to just hold whatever gear they want and it's an advantage. Personally, I don't know if I could run manual and still keep the level of consistency that I am able to achieve now.

This car was hard to come to terms with. It wasn't grippy enough to drive smooth and clean, but the breakaway point (for me anyway) wasn't subtle enough to drive like a grease car. It seemed like it couldn't make up it's mind what it wanted to do. It had a great transmission and was good in the downhill section, but I just didn't groove with it. I know you are a great tuner, but this is not some of your best work. Sorry. I did still manage a respectable time with it, but it was work to get it.
Thank you for the compliment. I agree this car is a bit off. I never got to terms with it during tuning so put out the tune that gave me the best time. I'll get your times loaded later tonight.

Awesome times there.

Think you can break the 1:49 barrier?

My son is down with a stomach bug so I won't be playing for a few days while he gets well. I will be able to update the sheet as new times get posted.

Edit: corrected auto guess errors
Hope your son is feeling better really soon. It's a pity they haven't invented a bug spray for stomach bugs that works like an inhaler :D

@shaunm80

@Otaliema

@coryclifford

I know you are a wheel/manual guy so I wasn't sure what to expect from your car. It actually worked pretty well for me. It held a great line in the left leading up the hill and through the offset. The LSD accel setting of 5 gave me some inside wheelspin if I got into it too hard when it was unloaded. The car had good brakes and the trans worked well. It did feel a little loose in the downhill section at the end, but I managed a decent line. Overall a pretty good tune.

@hall90

This was a very stable car with great brakes and a good LSD. I got a nice line through the first corner, but in the right hand sweeper it felt a little vague. The transition from off throttle rotation to power on understeer was fairly noticeable but manageable. Overall a good tune and ran a pretty good time.

@xande1959

@Pete05

This was a decent tune given the use of some stock parts. The brakes took a minute to get used to, but worked fine once I adjusted to them. The car had great throttle on rotation and was great in the sweeper and up the hill. It did seem a little greasy in the final downhill section and overall was better in the first half of the track. Not a bad car, but in this field, just not up to par.

@sinof1337

This was a very good tune. A little on the loose side, but once I adjusted, the lap times fell. No features really stood out, but everything worked well together. Maybe a 2mm drop in the rear height or a couple clicks up in the LSD decel and this one would be perfect. Good job on tuning another unruly beast.

@Bowtie-muscle

Just what I expected from this FITT veteran. A great stable car. I was immediately comfortable in it and able to run consistent lap times. The only place I had any problems with it was at the top of the hill. It seemed a little loose when unloaded. Could have just been me though. A little bit of corner exit understeer and the weaker brakes hurt times, but were easily manageable. This is a tough crowd and you have a great car, just not the fastest. Good job sir.

@DaBomm4

I really wanted to like this tune. It has a razor sharp front end especially when under power, good brakes and a good trans. It was just too loose for me to handle especially in the downhill section. It required more gentle throttle control than I was able to muster. I was getting great lines through turn one and if I hit my points it was good in the sweeper also. I just couldn't keep the back end planted and it cost me too much time. Nice try, but the back end needs work.

@nijalninja

This was a good tune given the unorthodox look of the settings compared to most. It did everything I wanted and had great power on rotation through the corners. It took a little getting used to as this car likes a different line. Once I got it figured out, I turned in decent and consistent times. I would maybe lower the LSD decel a bit for a tad more corner entry rotation. That would make it faster overall and track placement would also not be as crucial. Overall very good tune even if lap times don't reflect it.

@fbccars924

I gave out 2 DC scores of 10 this competition and both were well deserved. This is one of them. Superb car!! Balance is perfect and the harder you push, the better the car responds. It made me forget I was running on SH tires for sure. This is definitely the "drive it like you stole it" tune of this event. Very well done!!!

@Burned_Rubber

I can see why others have raved about this one. It has great chassis balance and is wicked fast. I found it a little twitchy in the sweeper, and the trans seems better suited to a manual driver who could short shift it just a bit, but otherwise, spectacular tune and the time shows it. Very well done.

@TheInfamousJEW6

This is the other 10 score I handed out. On my second lap I knew this was the car of my wet dreams. It did absolutely what I wanted and when I wanted. Blazing fast and manageable around almost any line. This is the tune I was hoping for coming in to this event. BRAVO!!!!!!

@Ale67

Everything about this car works. Just the right trail braking in, and not much push on the way out. LSD and brakes were spot on for the car and it was a lot of fun to toss this one around. Very good car, Kudos.

@steve nfs

This car had great chassis balance and turn in, but the times were hurt by the drivetrain. The 3-4 and 4-5 shift points need a bit of work to be good for an automatic driver and the power on understeer hurts corner exit speeds. Overall it was a decent car and put down a very respectable time. Great effort, but it needs a bit of fine tuning for my style.

As with all FITT events this has been a blast to participate in. I will be keeping a few of these tunes permanently on my 2 models of this car. If anyone has any questions or concerns about my methods or times, feel free to say something. Thanks shaunm80 for putting on this event, I voted for it in the polls instead of my own so I was glad it could happen as I love R246.
Thanks for testing so many tunes & posting some really decent times. Unfortunately it seems my tune isn't suited to your style. As is witnessed by a single car being tuned so many different ways, naturally each tester will have their own style too. Good job :) đź‘Ť

Highly technical tracks like this 3-5 seconds spread from first to last is not uncommon because of the various skill level of drivers that take part. I know in the old vs new challenge we had close to a 3 second spread on a 1:20 lap times.

Hope your son is feeling better really soon. It's a pity they haven't invented a bug spray for stomach bugs that works like an inhaler :D
Well they a nasal spray flu vaccine now, but it's an attenuated virus not a dead like the shot, so getting sick from it is not un heard of for kids normally they get laid out 7-10 days after the vaccine then bounce right back up and I think that's what happened with my boy.

@shaunm80

@Otaliema

@coryclifford

@hall90

@xande1959

@Pete05

@sinof1337

@Bowtie-muscle

@DaBomm4

@nijalninja

@fbccars924

@Burned_Rubber

@TheInfamousJEW6

@Ale67

@steve nfs

Thank you very much. Good to hear.

Alright after a few of days of going thru all these tunes, the fun has come to an end. I took each car around for 10 laps, with the track grip set to Real. All aides off except ABS 1. Please note that all tests were done by a novice wheel user on a DFGT.

@shaunm80
LapTime: 1:52.239
DC: 9.0
Comments: I loved the turn in capabilities of this tune. If I hit the apex perfectly it would hold it through entry and mid-corner perfectly, although if I was over zealous with the throttle on exit the back end would pass me on the straights! The brakes and trans we're right on! Very well done tune, which I expected from a veteran. Well Done!

@Otaliema
Laptime: 1:52.783
DC: 7.8
Comments: First lap out with this one it turned a 1:53.082 and I thought great this tune ought to move once I find it's limits. Unfortunately the more I pushed it the less it wanted to cooperate. Brake too hard and the resulting lock up had me missing entries, then when my lack of throttle control was displayed I'd end up in a huge, controllable, drift costing me time. On lap 10 I went back to just a cruise type lap and earned it's fastest time. Oh and the tranny was flawless! Just wished it had more grip less drift!

@coryclifford
Laptime: 1:51.919
DC: 9.7
Comments: This tune is fast! In the right hands i bet it breaks 1:49... Just not these hands! The braking was amazing, allowing me to confidently enter the corners, then get back on the gas just after mid apex. Of course some throttle control was requires to keep the rear end in line on exit. If i was too aggressive at exit the car tended to push. When everything went just right I finally broke the 1:51's! Very well done tune!

@hall90
Laptime: 1:52.099
Comments: This tune was a little tough for me at first... Trying to balance the entry understeer, and oversteer on exit had me lifting and tapping my brakes in crazy spots! But once I was able to get a feel for the tune, it proved to be an absolute joy to drive! The one shortcoming was the transmission, but it was a very minor one... Well Done!!

@xande1959
Laptime: 1:53.240
DC: 7.2
Comments: I just could not get along with this tune... After 10 laps I was only able to put down 4 laps that didn't include a spin or an incredible drift. On exit THROTTLE CONTROL is mandatory, and apparently I don't have enough of it...

@Pete05
Laptime: 1:52.142
DC: 8.5
Comments: This tune was all over the place for me at the begginning... Once I learned how to adapt to the understeer and hit my apexes, I would hop back on the throttle and find my self looking the other way... After a few laps like this I finally found a little balance and managed a couple of cleanish laps where I pulled the fast lap. The brakes were a little strong for me, but the tranny was great! Loved how controllable some of the drifts were too!!

@sinof1337
Laptime: 1:52.583
DC: 7.7
Comments: BRAKE IN A STRAIGHT LINE! Is what i had to keep reminding self otherwise the backend would try to pass me in the corners... Once I remembered that I found the turn in to be incredible. On exit it likes to be sideways, but controlled... Unfortunately that makes my times slower... I'll bet a really aggressive driver could really push this tune!

@Bowtie-muscle
Laptime: 1:52.408
DC: 8.7
Comments: Don't touch the rumble strips!! Other than that this tune was stable and fast! It was very easy to drive consistently. It was in the low 1:53's and 1:52's except for 2 laps when I got over aggressive and found myself staring at a barrier... Great tune Bowtie!

@DaBomm4
Laptime: 1:52.847
Comments: This tune was very difficult for me to control all the way through corners. On slow corners the exit oversteer was obnoxious and required a lot of throttle finesse. On fast corners entry and mid corner understeer was very prevalent. After 7 laps I managed a clean lap earning the fast time. Otherwise they were red or over 1:54. I have attribute it to some lacking in driving ability from myself...

@nijalninja
Laptime: 1:53.964
DC: 7.0
Comments: UNDERSTEER! That's what I fought with on all 10 laps with this car. I could not cleanly enter or exit any corner... If it had a bit more rotation I'm sure i could get it into the 1:52's. The transmission also felt too short on the long straight and had me unsure of what gear to in on turn 3. The braking was superb though!

@fbccars924
Laptime: 1:52.457
DC: 8.8
Comments: Just a little more!! That's all I wanted from this tune! Just a lottle more rotation on entry so I could nail the apexes. Just a lottle more grip on exit to keep the tail end in place. 1:51's would've been within reach if those two things were fixed. Great stability otherwise! And a Great Tune!

@Burned_Rubber
Laptime: 1:51.871
DC: 10.0
Comments: Holy consistency Batman!!! This tune has it all! And it took me around this track faster than any other! My hat's off to you good sir! Congrats on what looks to a be winning tune!!

@TheInfamousJEW6
Laptime: 1:52.062
Comments: You know I thought for sure I'd rate my own tune a perfect 10, but sadly I just couldn't do it! My tune is in dire need of some rotation on entry. Once you remember that, it's a very planted car. Glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed it and found it fast!

@Ale67
Laptime: 1:52.039
DC: 9.5
Comments: Another fantastic tune! The only thing keeping it out of the 1:51's was my lack of throttle control... Excellent tune!!

@steve nfs
Laptime: 1:52.252
DC: 9.4
Comments: Fantastic!! If I only had more control of my own inputs, this time could have been much faster. I found the oversteer on exit tough to reel in, and the oversteer on braking took some getting used to... 10 exfra laps in this car and low 1:51's could've been plausible! Great Job!!

Sorry for taking so long to get this up! Had to go into work this afternoon... Hope everyone enjoys this! :cheers:

Last edited:
Alright after a few of days of going thru all these tunes, the fun has come to an end. I took each car around for 10 laps, with the track grip set to Real. All aides off except ABS 1. Please note that all tests were done by a novice wheel user on a DFGT.

@shaunm80
LapTime: 1:52.239
Comments: I loved the turn in capabilities of this tune. If I hit the apex perfectly it would hold it through entry and mid-corner perfectly, although if I was over zealous with the throttle on exit the back end would pass me on the straights! The brakes and trans we're right on! Very well done tune, which I expected from a veteran. Well Done!

@Otaliema
Laptime: 1:52.783
DC: 7.8
Comments: First lap out with this one it turned a 1:53.082 and I thought great this tune ought to move once I find it's limits. Unfortunately the more I pushed it the less it wanted to cooperate. Brake too hard and the resulting lock up had me missing entries, then when my lack of throttle control was displayed I'd end up in a huge, controllable, drift costing me time. On lap 10 I went back to just a cruise type lap and earned it's fastest time. Oh and the tranny was flawless! Just wished it had more grip less drift!

@coryclifford
Laptime: 1:51.919
Comments: This tune is fast! In the right hands i bet it breaks 1:49... Just not these hands! The braking was amazing, allowing me to confidently enter the corners, then get back on the gas just after mid apex. Of course some throttle control was requires to keep the rear end in line on exit. If i was too aggressive at exit the car tended to push. When everything went just right I finally broke the 1:51's! Very well done tune!

@hall90
Laptime: 1:52.099
Comments: This tune was a little tough for me at first... Trying to balance the entry understeer, and oversteer on exit had me lifting and tapping my brakes in crazy spots! But once I was able to get a feel for the tune, it proved to be an absolute joy to drive! The one shortcoming was the transmission, but it was a very minor one... Well Done!!

@xande1959
Laptime: 1:53.240
Comments: I just could not get along with this tune... After 10 laps I was only able to put down 4 laps that didn't include a spin or an incredible drift. On exit THROTTLE CONTROL is mandatory, and apparently I don't have enough of it...

@Pete05
Laptime: 1:52.142
DC: 8.5
Comments: This tune was all over the place for me at the begginning... Once I learned how to adapt to the understeer and hit my apexes, I would hop back on the throttle and find my self looking the other way... After a few laps like this I finally found a little balance and managed a couple of cleanish laps where I pulled the fast lap. The brakes were a little strong for me, but the tranny was great! Loved how controllable some of the drifts were too!!

@sinof1337
Laptime: 1:52.583
DC: 7.7
Comments: BRAKE IN A STRAIGHT LINE! Is what i had to keep reminding self otherwise the backend would try to pass me in the corners... Once I remembered that I found the turn in to be incredible. On exit it likes to be sideways, but controlled... Unfortunately that makes my times slower... I'll bet a really aggressive driver could really push this tune!

@Bowtie-muscle
Laptime: 1:52.408
DC: 8.7
Comments: Don't touch the rumble strips!! Other than that this tune was stable and fast! It was very easy to drive consistently. It was in the low 1:53's and 1:52's except for 2 laps when I got over aggressive and found myself staring at a barrier... Great tune Bowtie!

@DaBomm4
Laptime: 1:52.847
Comments: This tune was very difficult for me to control all the way through corners. On slow corners the exit oversteer was obnoxious and required a lot of throttle finesse. On fast corners entry and mid corner understeer was very prevalent. After 7 laps I managed a clean lap earning the fast time. Otherwise they were red or over 1:54. I have attribute it to some lacking in driving ability from myself...

@nijalninja
Laptime: 1:53.964
DC: 7.0
Comments: UNDERSTEER! That's what I fought with on all 10 laps with this car. I could not cleanly enter or exit any corner... If it had a bit more rotation I'm sure i could get it into the 1:52's. The transmission also felt too short on the long straight and had me unsure of what gear to in on turn 3. The braking was superb though!

@fbccars924
Laptime: 1:52.457
DC: 8.8
Comments: Just a little more!! That's all I wanted from this tune! Just a lottle more rotation on entry so I could nail the apexes. Just a lottle more grip on exit to keep the tail end in place. 1:51's would've been within reach if those two things were fixed. Great stability otherwise! And a Great Tune!

@Burned_Rubber
Laptime: 1:51.871
DC: 10.0
Comments: Holy consistency Batman!!! This tune has it all! And it took me around this track faster than any other! My hat's off to you good sir! Congrats on what looks to a be winning tune!!

@TheInfamousJEW6
Laptime: 1:52.062
Comments: You know I thought for sure I'd rate my own tune a perfect 10, but sadly I just couldn't do it! My tune is in dire need of some rotation on entry. Once you remember that, it's a very planted car. Glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed it and found it fast!

@Ale67
Laptime: 1:52.039
DC: 9.5
Comments: Another fantastic tune! The only thing keeping it out of the 1:51's was my lack of throttle control... Excellent tune!!

@steve nfs
Laptime: 1:52.252
DC: 9.4
Comments: Fantastic!! If I only had more control of my own inputs, this time could have been much faster. I found the oversteer on exit tough to reel in, and the oversteer on braking took some getting used to... 10 exfra laps in this car and low 1:51's could've been plausible! Great Job!!

Sorry for taking so long to get this up! Had to go into work this afternoon... Hope everyone enjoys this! :cheers:
Thanks for taking the time to test drive all these tunes & especially for your feedback about my tune. It certainly takes a particular style to extract a decent lap time from it & I'm glad it proved somewhat competitive in your hands.

Back