FITT-Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge - Final Results are in!

Over 900 miles and I'm getting burned out, love the track actually, just have spent too much time there and still have 9 cars to test:ouch:

I like Brands Hatch, the first corner is a wild ride at times though. When you get the rhythm it's fun.

So much history there. The clips of James an Niki disappearing behind the trees Niki in front, but James is in the lead as they come around back in view.

Over 900 miles and I'm getting burned out, love the track actually, just have spent too much time there and still have 9 cars to test:ouch:

Fair enough mate, even your favourite track begins to boil your blood after 900 miles!

Its sort of like a narrower version of Laguna Seca- fast, good flow and a massive hill to fall down at some point

Tester post has been updated, let me know @Motor City Hami and @DigitalBaka what you think please!

And anyone else you reads it.

Yup, it looks good and articulate. Sorry that I made all this fuss it all began from me but I just couldn't let it pass, what's not right ain't right.

I'm quite sure many tunes in the past had many issues with trans and had been evaluated with wrong ratios unknowingly been set and were at disadvantage and it never came to light. I pray for those cars' enlightenment.lol

Yup, it looks good and articulate. Sorry that I made all this fuss it all began from me but I just couldn't let it pass, what's not right ain't right.

I'm quite sure many tunes in the past had many issues with trans and had been evaluated with wrong ratios unknowingly been set and were at disadvantage and it never came to light. I pray for those cars' enlightenment.lol
It was a good thing that you found it and pointed it out:tup:....Little issue now avoids a BIG headache later:)

@DigitalBaka - We've never had this before. It looks like both brian wolf and Bobby Steel have gotten banned from GTPlanet. Not sure what we should do. Should those tunes be removed from the list? Should we test anyway? The user could come back to the site and see how his tunes did, but would have no way to join the conversation.

Would you like to discuss here or in a PM with @Bowtie-muscle ?

Edit: brian wolf has set restricted access, but only has 9 posts to date all in this thread. brain are you still around?

Last edited:
wow the world blowed up while i was gone.... :lol:
Ok looks like I will have some time to test this week mark me down for Hot hatch and tenitivly spec class, and if I get really board....err um brave I'll test the base while I'm at it.
tested Bobby's tune right prior to him getting banned last night, lets get a answer on if his results should be posted or not.

@DigitalBaka - We've never had this before. It looks like both brian wolf and Bobby Steel have gotten banned from GTPlanet. Not sure what we should do. Should those tunes be removed from the list? Should we test anyway? The user could come back to the site and see how his tunes did, but would have no way to join the conversation.

Would you like to discuss here or in a PM with @Bowtie-muscle ?

Edit: brian wolf has set restricted access, but only has 9 posts to date all in this thread. brain are you still around?
Maybe Brian was a wolf in err um a wolf suit :lol:

wow the world blowed up while i was gone.... :lol:
Ok looks like I will have some time to test this week mark me down for Hot hatch and tenitivly spec class, and if I get really board....err um brave I'll test the base while I'm at it.
tested Bobby's tune right prior to him getting banned last night, lets get a answer on if his results should be posted or not.
In my opinion, it still met the requirements, was in on time, and the tune is still here, so there would be nothing wrong with testing it.

Maybe Brian was a wolf in err um a wolf suit :lol:

There is no problem with @brian wolf , as a regular habit since Shamrock was banned, I occasionally check profiles. Especially with the tension from yesterday, his page has been set to limited access which initially gives the impression that he too has been removed. He has not nor has he caused any problems.

There is no problem with @brian wolf , as a regular habit since Shamrock was banned, I occasionally check profiles. Especially with the tension from yesterday, his page has been set to limited access which initially gives the impression that he too has been removed. He has not nor has he caused any problems.
Sorry if I jumped the gun there. Please accept my apologies :scared:

So giving out DC scores for the MiTos is proving to be tough for me. I know the general guidelines and also that it is a subjective measure. I guess the issue I'm running into is that after driving a tune I'll say one of three things to myself. 1) "that's a great hot lap tune", 2)"that's a great race tune" or 3) "that was so consistent, I'd want that tune for an endurance race". Ultimately I know it comes down to how I feel about each tune. I guess I just feel really good about the whole lot :cheers:. A great "hot lap" tune and a great "race" tune are equally great, just serve different purposes.
Maybe I'm just rambling. Any seasoned testers have any thoughts or input on how you approach this sort of thing?

So giving out DC scores for the MiTos is proving to be tough for me. I know the general guidelines and also that it is a subjective measure. I guess the issue I'm running into is that after driving a tune I'll say one of three things to myself. 1) "that's a great hot lap tune", 2)"that's a great race tune" or 3) "that was so consistent, I'd want that tune for an endurance race". Ultimately I know it comes down to how I feel about each tune. I guess I just feel really good about the whole lot :cheers:. A great "hot lap" tune and a great "race" tune are equally great, just serve different purposes.
Maybe I'm just rambling. Any seasoned testers have any thoughts or input on how you approach this sort of thing?
I hear that. As a newby tester, any advice would be great.

Don't think of the intended purpose. Think of how much you enjoy driving the tune : )

I agree with @jules283 it really comes down to how much did you like that tune. I personally take into account the type of tune it is. was it a hot lap? how did it compare to other hop lap tunes I have driven, was it a racer? how did it compare to other race tunes I have driven. Than I rate it, if it's as good as others I give a 7-8 if it's almost as good 5-6 if it's better than most anything else I've driven 9 if it's the best I've had the pleasure to drive 10.

@Motor City Hami on your cars can you add in your ballast and aero settings if applicable please.
Just a clarifaction your Sicrocco R '10 did you install a rear wing or just stock?

I was blind sorry and @Bowtie-muscle answered on the rear wing

Last edited:
@Motor City Hami on your cars can you add in your ballast and aero settings if applicable please.
Just a clarifaction your Sicrocco R '10 did you install a rear wing or just stock?
Ballast and aero are both there:confused: no wing on the Hatch Scirocco if I read correctly.

If you finish testing before I do, can you hold off posting review until I have finished? Don't want to influence my scoring for you.

Last edited:
If i`ve been banned no-ones told me! Have i done something i shouldn`t have done to my profile??

Help!!!:nervous:

If i`ve been banned no-ones told me! Have i done something i shouldn`t have done to my profile??

Help!!!:nervous:

Not exactly, we now have a second tuner that has been banned, the fact that you are posting means that you have not been. We sometimes check profile pages to see if guys have been on and if discipline has been given by the mods. Cannot look at your profile page because you limit who can access, at first glance it appears as though yoou have been banned also. Just a little confusion we had to figure out after "interesting" events yesterday.

Ballast and aero are both there:confused: no wing on the Hatch Scirocco if I read correctly.

If you finish testing before I do, can you hold off posting review until I have finished? Don't want to influence my scoring for you.
your right i was blind. :dunce: I wont finish today thats for sure. But i'll hold posting till your results are posted.

Back