FITT-Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge - Final Results are in!

I've not driven this track FWD yet. I'm looking at my car choice run a few laps at Brands Hatch GP. I'm hot lapping, unsure what a good time here at 470pp on SH should be. What kind of times are the Test drivers running here?

I didn't see any mention of grip assist rules. Is SRF, or ABS allowed in testing? Or Driving aids like steering assist? Forgive me if I missed something or a rule set used.

I've not driven this track FWD yet. I'm looking at my car choice run a few laps at Brands Hatch GP. I'm hot lapping, unsure what a good time here at 470pp on SH should be. What kind of times are the Test drivers running here?

I didn't see any mention of grip assist rules. Is SRF, or ABS allowed in testing? Or Driving aids like steering assist? Forgive me if I missed something or a rule set used.
The rules are linked in the op, but the short answer abs 1 only is recommended. SRF is prohibited, all other aids are optional but required to be used on all cars if you treat with it, it's recommended you tube with out as 99.9% of the drivers use only abs 1

@DaBomm4 I'm going to take your post as a maybe? Will list you for spec for now with a question mark. Let me know if this changes.

As for me, I'm going to run Hot Hatch, not sure if Spec or Pro-Spec but I will be taking a crack at testing for whichever I do not tune for.

I will be updated list so keep an eye open and let me know if I put you in the wrong class.

@ShamrockGT Should I put you down for the Hot Hatch Series? And be sure to do your testing in Arcade Mode with grip set to real, might mess up your tune if you don't as cars are to be tested that way. Glad to see signing up:tup:

Last edited:
@ShamrockGT Sorry if some of my responses didn't quite sound right, will try and be a little better with my repsonses. As someone who is still fairly new to FITT myself, I'm just trying to help out. Looking back at some of my posts, they weren't all complete thoughts. As far as lap times go, keep in mind that not all tuners have the same skill level, some testers are faster than others, in other words, if your testing shows you a little off don't go crazy. Give it some time and I'm sure that info will come out.

@DaBomm4 Sorry to hear that, school is important tho:tup:

@Bowtie-muscle Put me down as a tuner for the Hot Hatch series and a tester for the Spec MiTo.

Soooooooooo, are you sure about no oil changes? I'm not saying I've already found my favorite hatch, and I'm not saying that it would be a completely different car with some of PD's magical oil;).
I know I know. I don't want to put the testers through that.:guilty: It is a shame we can't just share the cars.:banghead:
Ignore my plea for oil changes.
I'm excited for some hot hatches!!

@Bowtie-muscle Put me down as a tuner for the Hot Hatch series and a tester for the Spec MiTo.

Soooooooooo, are you sure about no oil changes? I'm not saying I've already found my favorite hatch, and I'm not saying that it would be a completely different car with some of PD's magical oil;).
I know I know. I don't want to put the testers through that.:guilty: It is a shame we can't just share the cars.:banghead:
Ignore my plea for oil changes.
I'm excited for some hot hatches!!
If PD would bring back share it wouldn't matter:grumpy:

Oh GT6 had fished prior to launch it wouldn't an issue...but enough on that tangent there are already a dozen threads on it.

If the oil lasted a thousand km than it wouldn't be a bad thing but 200km is silly.

As for the hatches I sadly will be getting lots more test time than planned, my little girl has an ear infection so I get to stay up with her when she doesn't sleep for tree next couple days. Nothing worse than 19 month old that's sick.

I'll be building a Dirty C30. I hope it's an oddball in the competition. It feels great at the event spec. I'm building up a Scirocco also so I can push the C30, and still got my 79 GTi to push them both.

I have to guess a bit how much quicker the ABS 1 drivers will be vs the ABS 0 Drivers.

I'm thinking ABS-1 Drivers will be around low 1:4X's to high 1:3X's? Rough Ballpark?

Going from no ABS to ABS-1 back to no ABS I have to relearn how the brake pedal works each time. I'm not used to how much pedal you have to give with ABS on & it takes me a bit of getting used to, then shutting ABS back off the pedal comes to life and the cornering grip boost is gone, more relearning. So I just keep it off all the time. I figure I'll throw on Racing Brakes with the same bias for the ABS-1 drivers and the set up should translate well, hopefully.

I would say just based on my testing. Mid to low 1:3x range, I was pushing mid to low 1:4x with stock cars with only the LSD tuned.

Whoa, I'm not on pace at BH GP.

470pp FF on SH running mid to low 1:3X's is quick. Mid 1:30's I usually have over 500pp and at least SM tires. I haven't even broke into the 1:3X's let alone running mid to low. It is only the first few runs I've done with a FF at BH GP, I'll have to grind a bit tomorrow to try and get my personal time down some, got to tune my car to be faster than it is.

470pp FF on SH running mid to low 1:3X's is quick. Mid 1:30's I usually have over 500pp and at least SM tires. I haven't even broke into the 1:3X's let alone running mid to low. It is only the first few runs I've done with a FF at BH GP, I'll have to grind a bit tomorrow to try and get my personal time down some, got to tune my car to be faster than it is.

I wouldn't panic too much! Some of these guys are fast drivers. I'm considerably average and I'm running just below 1:41 in a 470pp SH of my own design. I think I'll get a couple of seconds with better driving, and maybe a bit more with a better car/tune.

Normally on this length of track, I'll be up to 5 or 6 secs behind the fast guys in the same car.

At the moment, I'm trying to get under 1:39, close.....think I can get low 1:38.xxx....but most is my average skill getting in the way. Anyone get under 1:39 yet?
@Ridox2JZGTE think your close with mid 1:3x.xx at Autumn Ring.

At the moment, I'm trying to get under 1:39, close.....think I can get low 1:38.xxx....but most is my average skill getting in the way. Anyone get under 1:39 yet?
@Ridox2JZGTE think your close with mid 1:3x.xx at Autumn Ring.

For Brands Hatch GP, my Autodelta 147 GTA replica, with full weight and some added power to 470PP as well shorter gearing ( lower final ), can do 1:41s. It's quite slow with that much weight and 66/34 weight balance.

Mid 1:3x.xx at Autumn Ring for Mito, I can relax a bit then :P I got 1:33s on my 2nd test session :D

Yeah don't panic, my average is 1:41.1xx with the cars so far, my hot lap is 1:40.xxx with a unturned car just powered up/weighted down to 470pp. I said the mid 1:3x.xxx cause I'm normally 4 to 6 seconds off to pace. Kk proly have an average lap of 1:38.xxx on my submitted tune. The BMW was an odd ball in that I could run it almost it as fast as the top time in the FITT test drive.
Also most of not all of us are using abs 1 which allows to bake a good but later than abs 0, which takes s second or two of lap times.

Last edited:
My biggest fight right now is Britain vs America. only 0.5 seconds between them! not bad at all considering Britain is down on fire power.
How can we fight? we are allies :P except on the track :mischievous:
I'm still in the full PP testing phase I think i'm going to end up between Germany and Britian my self. err um Germany or German run American owned British car.....

How can we fight? we are allies :P except on the track :mischievous:
I'm still in the full PP testing phase I think i'm going to end up between Germany and Britian my self. err um Germany or German run American owned British car.....
Mini has and will always be British.. In the eyes of the British people at least. haha. :)

Last edited:
No hiding that one lol.
I agree, I love the little 1.3i had one in GT2 that would devastate the wagon class with cars up to 450hp. Was funny as heck to watch the replay. See this tiny car come blasting around these giant wagons in the corners

No hiding that one lol.
I agree, I love the little 1.3i had one in GT2 that would devastate the wagon class with cars up to 450hp. Was funny as heck to watch the replay. See this tiny car come blasting around these giant wagons in the corners
Cant really hide what is the worst kept secret in the automotive world. German-British car. If you ever saw top gear when the british top gear team took on the german top gear team, they had a small argument about what nationality the car was. You know who won that argument. :)

Spec Class: Featuring the MiTo 1.4T Sport
165hp(max), 1050kg(min), Comfort Soft Tires
Track: Autumn Ring 1.83 miles

Hot Hatch Series

470pp, Sports Hard Tires
Track: Brands Hatch GP 2.43 miles

-@bowtie-muscle- gonna tune my cars in this segment:cheers:

Cant really hide what is the worst kept secret in the automotive world. German-British car. If you ever saw top gear when the british top gear team took on the german top gear team, they had a small argument about what nationality the car was. You know who won that argument. :)
So very true, I do like the new mini but it should have stayed British, but I guess the offer BMW made was to good to say no to ya? I just want too know what kind of offer was made by Dimler Chrysler to BMW to allow them to buy 49.99% if the company...
It was Diamler-Benz AMG that merged with Chrysler not BMW sorry had the companies mixed up

So very true, I do like the new mini but it should have stayed British, but I guess the offer BMW made was to good to say no to ya? I just want too know what kind of offer was made by Dimler Chrysler to BMW to allow them to buy 49.99% if the company...
Probably an insane amount of money given the brand that came with it. Those cars market themselves. Who needs a marketing department for something that is world renowned?

Back