FITT-Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge - Final Results are in!

Man that pro spec car and tires, it likes to smoke em. Allot, getting consistent 1:33.xxx with my ruff tune. I think I'm getting it figured out. And WTB toe adjustment thank you...

Man that pro spec car and tires, it likes to smoke em. Allot, getting consistent 1:33.xxx with my ruff tune. I think I'm getting it figured out. And WTB toe adjustment thank you...

With this car's toe adjustment, PD just felt that they got it right on this car and wanted to lock it in for us. ;) I don't think I have seen 0.00/0.20 anywhere else before? :lol: Maybe I will start to set all of my cars to this setting.

Last edited:
@Bowtie-muscle : I think you can remove @ShamrockGT from the list, he's actually JackNapier, he's been banned again :lol: Vagabond sees to it :)

And may I suggest you find something better to do with your time? You are not now, nor will ever be, welcome back at GTPlanet. You've pissed on your chips so many times, they're not chips any more, they're piss-and-potato soup. Find something better to do with your time; you must realise by now that even if some of the annoying assertions you make had even a grain of truth to them, no-one cares and no-one will ever listen.

From SRF thread.

Wow! Thanks @Ridox2JZGTE , Was there always a problem, I had a rough stretch but thought I was misunderstanding and tried to put flames out. Thought it was me, but sounds like he got under some skin. I will keep it there until tuning deadline just to wait and see. Who was JackNapier?

Last edited:
@Bowtie-muscle : I think you can remove @ShamrockGT from the list, he's actually JackNapier, he's been banned again :lol: Vagabond sees to it :)

From SRF thread.
I must say I never had the 'pleasure' of a discussion with JackNapier but after reading the SRF thread & 'Shamrock' posts on the subject, I haven't missed out have I.

With this car's toe adjustment, PD just felt that they got it right on this car and wanted to lock it in for us. ;) I don't think I have seen 0.00/0.20 anywhere else before? :lol: Maybe I will start to set all of my cars to this setting.
0.0-0.20 is the stock setting on 90% of the FCS I seldom like it, sends to work for this car, but man I would love some more exit grip.

Hello tuners! I`m new here but I`ve been playing GT since GT1, finally got a wheel (DFGT) for GT6 and i`m looking to improve. Can I sign up as a tuner for spec and hot hatch classes plz?
Welcome aboard and welcome to GTPlanet.:gtpflag:

Rule 13 in effect......feel free to take his place @Pete05 :)...... in the challenge that is:lol:
Thanks for the invite @Bowtie-muscle but I couldn't stretch my imagination far enough to consider myself a Tuner as yet. I'm more of a get behind the wheel and make it go as fast as I can kind of guy. I use a DS3 in manual with ABS1 & would consider being a Tester if I had time.
Thanks again for the invite :cheers:

What's Rule 13 btw? :odd:

Here is rule 13.
13) Driver feedback, both positive and negative, is strongly encouraged and should be done in a constructive manner. Not all tunes work well for every driver. Personal attacks WILL NOT be tolerated and may result in penalties or disqualification at the discretion of the organizer(s) and also may be subject to sanction by GTPlanet Moderating Staff. Treat all participants and spectators in a respectful manner so that everyone may enjoy the event.
You can join for both if you want, beginners like you are the idea behind the spec class. @Bowtie-muscle and I are still beginners too.

I am kind of frustrated with my cars. I have narrowed the Hot Hatch field down a little and I am able to find some speed, but they are in no way smooth. Fearing that if I don't learn how to apply the data logger that I may be left behind in the results?

I am kind of frustrated with my cars. I have narrowed the Hot Hatch field down a little and I am able to find some speed, but they are in no way smooth. Fearing that if I don't learn how to apply the data logger that I may be left behind in the results?
I'm in the same boat, Ride height in the logger is a pain to read because it shows every 1/4 mm of change =/ With out the tire load indicator the lateral G's is hard to read unless you clearly remember the lap. Tire speed can serve as a interim for tire load just load your drive wheels and your lateral G and speed indicator in one screen and you get the idea.

I got my hot hatch car almost done after an hour working on it at 2 tracks. It's not really a competitive car to begin with, but it managed 1:40s flat at Brands Hatch GP on 1st lap of test. I may have to try another car ... but I like how this one drives, although not really quick :lol: ( it's the only car from one country in europe )

You just joined GT Planet today and your tune for this competition is nearly finished? You work fast. Do you drive with ABS 0 or ABS 1? Just looking to establish how good of a driver you are. I like to know my competition.
I`m an abs1 man. Abs0 is crash city for me! I like to chuck it in the corner with some BLOR which is really hard if you`ve locked up. Am i any good? dont really know, thats why i`m here. best finish in the TTs has been 186 with the Diablo around GVE, but i was nearly 3 seconds off 1st. I do know i wouldn`t be half as good if it wern`t for the GTplanet tuners like yourself sharing info.
To be almost done so soon? You must have been working on the cars already huh?
I`ve been looking in for a while, just never got round to registering.

My Hatch is done, mainly because I don't want to screw it up and make it slower:lol: will have to see how it does. The Pro-Spec Scirocco is close, I'm just not sure it's fast enough to keep up. I can deal with the wheel spin as I'm used to it and know how to control it, but can testers? I'm going to test Pro as I feel it will help me learn and see the aproach others are taking. If time allows, I may test the Hot Hatch as well.

Sorry Hami, I can't figure this data logger out properly, not sure if it will help. Maybe someone else might know if it can.

I found the data logger usefull for telling whether inside wheelspin in caused by incorrect LSD or incorrect damper settings when the inside wheel is on the curbs. you can use r1 and r2 to micro move the position on the graph and i think that if, at the apex your inside wheel speed just pops up slightly its probably your damper/spring settings? maybe?

Thanks for the info, might have another look. Please be sure to read the OP, tuning and testing should be done with ABS 1, other aides off......just in case you missed that part. Rules should all be clear, welcome to the challenge. Any questions, just ask.:)

Thanks for the info, might have another look. Please be sure to read the OP, tuning and testing should be done with ABS 1, other aides off......just in case you missed that part. Rules should all be clear, welcome to the challenge. Any questions, just ask.:)
Cheers bowtie! I`m all up to speed with the rules. :)

Back