FITT-Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge - Final Results are in!

United States
Wisconsin
DaBomm4
DaBomm16
Write Chrysler has been through allot in 94 years. They are currently owned by Fiat...
And Jeep is becoming an offroad Fiat. The Renegade is essentially a Fiat Panda on an offroad chassis.

United States
Wisconsin
DaBomm4
DaBomm16
Autumn Ring.jpg

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
402 pp
165 hp @ 5,100 rpm
172.6 ft-lb @ 5,000 rpm
1050 kg
Power to Weight 6.36
Weight Distribution 58/42

GT Auto
No
Oil Change
Aero Kit Type C
1 Inch Up Wheels: PDI P814 (in Gold)
Paint Body: Tuxedo Black
Paint Wheels: Stock

Parts
Fully Customizable Suspension
Six Speed Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
Comfort Soft

Suspension
Ride Height 90/90
Spring Rate 8.75/4.00
Dampeners Comp 4/6
Dampeners Ext 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars 3/5
Camber Angle 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle 0.00/0.00
Brake Balance 6/4

LSD 10/18/7

Power Limiter 91.6%
Ballast Weight 92
Ballast Position 50

Last edited:
United States
Wisconsin
DaBomm4
DaBomm16

DigitalBaka

How hard can it be?
Premium
United States
IL, USA
DigitalBaka
DigitalBaka587
@DigitalBaka ouch that looked like it hurt a little.
Oh it did, believe you me. Got clipped on the tollway coming into work but a guy in a small landscaping truck. Spun me around 180, bounced between a couple dump trucks and hit the rear square into the center concrete divider at about 50mph. That impact did most of the damage and sent me back out across 4 of the 6 lanes there. Could have walked away from it but I was a bit light headed so they insisted on destroying my door and pulling me out the window when that didn't work.

Bad news, car was totaled; there's a pic somewhere here of how wavy the roof was. Good news, I'm still kickin' and VW has a customer for life! :sly:

England
Exeter
morans1980
The car before the crash looked really nice. I am a VW Golf fan myself. I currently co-own with my fiancé a VW Golf Bluemotion. It is such a nice car to drive around in. Similar colour black to the one that you had @DigitalBaka.

Last edited:
United States
New Jersey
crash27wwjd
Oh it did, believe you me. Got clipped on the tollway coming into work but a guy in a small landscaping truck. Spun me around 180, bounced between a couple dump trucks and hit the rear square into the center concrete divider at about 50mph. That impact did most of the damage and sent me back out across 4 of the 6 lanes there. Could have walked away from it but I was a bit light headed so they insisted on destroying my door and pulling me out the window when that didn't work.

Bad news, car was totaled; there's a pic somewhere here of how wavy the roof was. Good news, I'm still kickin' and VW has a customer for life! :sly:
Ouch that must've hurt, Praise God you walked away:tup:

ShamrockGT

(Banned)
Ireland
Ireland
Burns them up. spin and spin and spin. Thats gonna be the challenge with that car. And the little surprise that it comes with.:sly:

Fixed Toe?

Got mine running "around" :sly: 1:30 at GH GP so far, wheel spin not so bad. Knocked off 1.3 seconds from my Hot Hatch time @ GH GP today too.

United States
Portland / Or /
Barefoot_Driver
@DigitalBaka : I second the "God Bless," better the car than you.

@ Pro Class : spin spin spin is right. Shamrock I hope thats a big "around." After two hours my best is around 1:31.8xx. Only LSD and Tranny changes so far.

Ugg, so much GT6, so little time. If I didn't just get back from spending the day spraying mud with all four tyres at an SCCA event I'd be totally bummed that I couldn't be on GT6 more. Thankfully there's GTP to get my fix in. :)

United States
New Jersey
crash27wwjd
1:30....1:31.8?....atleast I'm close. 1:32.2xx....UGH!!!!! And yes, the fixed toe I found very interesting and thought it would give us as much of a FIT as the wheel spin. Taming the the wheel spin is where I think I'm losing time. Hami is probably down around 1.29 and laughing at us:lol:

United States
Dearborn, MI
MotorCtyHamilton
Actually I have not built the pro car yet. The Hot Hatch class is occupying my time right now. I really, really like seven of these cars. With each one that I drive, I say, "this is the one"! But then I drive another one. I want to use the Focus ST because I like the car so much in real life, but it just might be too heavy?

I like the ride height split rule. It is forcing me into some crazy settings to get enough corner exit speed.

United States
New Jersey
crash27wwjd
Actually I have not built the pro car yet. The Hot Hatch class is occupying my time right now. I really, really like seven of these cars. With each one that I drive, I say, "this is the one"! But then I drive another one. I want to use the Focus ST because I like the car so much in real life, but it just might be too heavy?

I like the ride height split rule. It is forcing me into some crazy settings to get enough corner exit speed.
We can wait, you might not want to start until......say.....11:00 saturday night:lol:

The ride height rule was an attempt to keep the playing field level, allow it to be used but with a limit.

Last edited:

ShamrockGT

(Banned)
Ireland
Ireland
1:30....1:31.8?....atleast I'm close. 1:32.2xx....UGH!!!!! And yes, the fixed toe I found very interesting and thought it would give us as much of a FIT as the wheel spin. Taming the the wheel spin is where I think I'm losing time. Hami is probably down around 1.29 and laughing at us:lol:

Sorry for any confusion. 1:30 at GH GP was a typo mention to be BH GP for Brands Hatch. I've been doing pre-lim test there as I tune my Hot Hatch. I've not taken the car to NURB GP D yet. At BH I'm running 1:30.X with her initial tune.

I don't like the ride height restriction, it doesn't let me get a 1in offset, needed on the C30. I agree with the restriction but limited to 1in IMO would be better.

United Kingdom
UK
jules283
I saw 1.32.2xx at the nurb once. Consistency is difficult though. I've finished my tunes. I did two for the Scirocco and can't decide which one. Both have traction issues!

United States
Florida
CG3284
PicsArt_1397420546145.jpg

MiTo 1.4 '09 165hp/1050kg/399pp
F/C Suspension
Six Speed Transmission
F/C Mechanical LSD
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon Hood
Window Weight reduction
TUNE:
Ride height: 80/95
Spring Rates: 4.00/4.25
Dampers Comp: 1/8
Dampers Ext: 2/4
Roll Bars: 1/7
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0/0
Brake Balance: 4/6
LSD: 5/8/5
Ballast: 92kg at position -50

Last edited:
United States
mid west USA
Otaliema

Well at least you walked away. Sounds s little more exciting than my last crash, I got a picture some place of what was left of my '10 WRX hatch. Only had 4k miles loved that car