FITT-Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge - Final Results are in!

must_have_coffee_zombie_tshirt.jpg

nuff said

Man for my hot hatch car i'm torn between two tunes for it.
Tune A; This car does what I want when I want and is pretty quick 1:38.xxx quick small learning curve.
Tune B; This car needs total precision to drive miss a break or throttle point and your in the dirt, get it right and it's OMG fast, like 1:36.xxx fast (in my hands anyways) Huge learning curve like every corner has to be relearned huge.
I've tried to hybrid them with no luck the settings are too touchy on tune B to really play with.

Man for my hot hatch car i'm torn between two tunes for it.
Tune A; This car does what I want when I want and is pretty quick 1:38.xxx quick small learning curve.
Tune B; This car needs total precision to drive miss a break or throttle point and your in the dirt, get it right and it's OMG fast, like 1:36.xxx fast (in my hands anyways) Huge learning curve like every corner has to be relearned huge.
I've tried to hybrid them with no luck the settings are too touchy on tune B to really play with.

I am at a similar place, but with two separate cars. One I love to drive. I can hit my marks with constancy lap after lap. I normally hate all FF cars equally in Gran Turismo so this is big for me to finally have tuned one that I think is as much fun to drive as a FR drive train. The other car is faster, but not nearly as refined or graceful. It flops over in the turns. It wags like a dog's tail through mid-corner. It sometimes over rotates on entry, but loses no speed whatsoever as it four wheel slides through the apex. A sloppy lap with car B is close to a perfect lap with car A, but it is no where near as fun or easy to drive. On the other hand, I can string together 30 perfect laps with car A, but have to hope that 1 in five can be done with car B.

What to do? :irked:

A 1:36? Really?.......*scrambles for notes, runs back to the drawing board*......

I ran a 1:38.007 and thought that was fast, maybe another 4or5 tenths to shave(in my hands), gonna have to find more.
It took close to 40 laps to string that one together and it wasn't clean cause I clipped the inside of the second to last corner. Like I said huge learning curve for the tune.

@Motor City Hami ugg that's a tuff call, maybe destabilize car A a little to speed it up? If the car is that stable a little loose won't hurt its fun factor, I don't think anyways?

Unfortunatelly, i´ll not have time to participate to this shootout.
The HOT HATCH SERIE seems very good.
There is one car that it´s not on the list, Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 TWIN SPARK ’02, it´s a better car than the ´06, same weight ,torque and power but different dimensions. Also a better build from PD, i would chose this one to tune....
Good luck to everybody

Eligible Cars:
New Beetle 2.0 ’00........ Megane R.S. ‘08
Golf IV Gti ’01............. Megane 2.0 16v ‘03
Gold VI GTi ’05............ Megane R.S. Trophy ‘11
Scirocco R ’10.............. Clio R.S. ‘11
Mini Cooper S ’05.......... 147 GTA ‘02
Mini Cooper S “11......... 147 Ti 2.0 TWIN SPARK ‘06
C4 Coupe 2.0VTS ’05.... C30 R-Design ‘09
206 RC ’03.................. Ibiza Cupra ‘04
207 GTi ’07................. Focus ST ‘06

I'm running into the same issue with the hot hatches. Stable and consistent or loose with more potential for a really quick lap. I've got to say it is a good selection of cars that are pretty close. Decisions decisions...

It took close to 40 laps to string that one together and it wasn't clean cause I clipped the inside of the second to last corner. Like I said huge learning curve for the tune.

@Motor City Hami ugg that's a tuff call, maybe destabilize car A a little to speed it up? If the car is that stable a little loose won't hurt its fun factor, I don't think anyways?

For the car that I like, I have done every trick that I can think of to free it up. It handles really, really well, but just doesn't quite carry the speed as well. I think it comes down to maybe PD liking one car over ther other... that ghost PD extra bit of performance?

For the car that I like, I have done every trick that I can think of to free it up. It handles really, really well, but just doesn't quite carry the speed as well. I think it comes down to maybe PD liking one car over ther other... that ghost PD extra bit of performance?
That could be it.
Have you tried to tune it with SRF enabled then turn it off? The way SRF catches you you can set the car really lose and go faster than just taking a loose car and turning SRF on.
That's a trick I seldom use cause it normally makes the car un drivable by us mere mortals.

Spent an hour last night trying to find more time to shave and yup, made the car worse...Leaving it alone and will go with what I have and see how the testers handle it. It's a little loose and needs slight learning, but will easily run low 1:38's all day.

What kind of times are you getting with your Base Model, as I'm in low 1:32 range and have hit 1:31 twice. Just curious to see if I'm close @Otaliema @Motor City Hami

@Bowtie-muscle I'm pulling consistent 1:32's my test driver is pulling consistent 1:31's trying to find a middle ground on the tune. My 1:31 tune he is 1:33's his 1:31 adjustments I'm 1:33 lol problem is they are one click apart from each other.

Ninja Entry!!!​

Rookie
Based on the Alfa MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09

AutumnRing_zpsce3ea651.jpg

165bhp
400pp
weight 1050 Kg

parts
No Oil Change
Paint -
1 ince up wheels painted-
Comfort Soft Tires
Hight Adjustable/Fully Adjustable Suspension
6 speed fixed trans.
Fully Custom Mechanical LSD
Sports Computer
Isometric Exhaust Mainifold
Stage 3 weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune
Ride Hight - Front: 90 Rear: 80
Spring Rate- Front: 9.25 Rear: 4.25
Compression- Front: 2 Rear: 10
Extension- Front: 10 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 1 Rear: 7
Camber- Front: 0.0 Rear: 0.0
Toe Angle- Front: -0.30 Rear: -0.15

Brakes- Front: 4 Rear: 7

LSD - 12/35/5

Power Limiter - 97.2%

Weight Adjustment - 92@ 50

TUNER NOTES -
Still not sure how to tune. Good luck testers :dopey:

Last edited:
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
I dispise FF cars TLOR is killer.
Now to enter the BttW tune or not.....it likes conservative driving just as much but the BttW style is so "I can make that next lap!!!!" and you try and try and try and try :lol: well for me at least.

Spent an hour last night trying to find more time to shave and yup, made the car worse...Leaving it alone and will go with what I have and see how the testers handle it. It's a little loose and needs slight learning, but will easily run low 1:38's all day.

What kind of times are you getting with your Base Model, as I'm in low 1:32 range and have hit 1:31 twice. Just curious to see if I'm close @Otaliema @Motor City Hami

I must be slow at Brand's Hatch. I am in the mid 1:39's with both cars. I did run one very lucky 1:38.5, but this is not my best track. I have learned as much about driving this track as I have about making FFs turn. I will be submitting a tune with settings that you have never seen from me before. Crossing fingers that those who know this track better will be able to find another second out of the tune.

As for the Race Car, I have only slapped a tune on it and driven five laps. It's ok. I like GP/D well enough. I will be out of town with the family on Friday and Saturday. Hoping to be back in time to test a little and post the tunes, but if not, this entry was tuned in five laps of testing.

If anyone is interested I've made a lobby for testing the Hot hatch cars room limits are as close to challenge and fitt rules as I can make them.
Room name FITT Hot Hatch tuning and testing.

I must be slow at Brand's Hatch. I am in the mid 1:39's with both cars. I did run one very lucky 1:38.5, but this is not my best track. I have learned as much about driving this track as I have about making FFs turn. I will be submitting a tune with settings that you have never seen from me before. Crossing fingers that those who know this track better will be able to find another second out of the tune.

As for the Race Car, I have only slapped a tune on it and driven five laps. It's ok. I like GP/D well enough. I will be out of town with the family on Friday and Saturday. Hoping to be back in time to test a little and post the tunes, but if not, this entry was tuned in five laps of testing.
If extra time is needed due to it being a holiday weekend, I can be flexible with the deadline IF given advanced notice.

**shutters and wonders if that was wise** :sly:

Would much rather go against Hami than a handicapped version of him.

Last edited:
If extra time is needed due to it being a holiday weekend, I can be flexible with the deadline IF given advanced notice.

**shutters and wonders if that was wise** :sly:

Would much rather go against Hami than a handicapped version of him.

A one day extension would be huge. Begging for Sunday night. :bowdown:

Hot Hatch Series Entry

Seat Ibiza Cupra'04

470pp/SH
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_3.jpg

Seat Ibiza Cupra'04
470pp/Sports Hard
ABS 1
Max Power: 282 BHP at 6600 RPM
Weight: 1041kg
Distribution: 60:40
Torque: 31.1 kgfm at 6500 RPM

GT AUTO
Wheels : +1 Inch (Rays 57Gainer black)
Colour: Verde Merlin (stock)

Suspension
Fully Customisable Suspension
Ride Height: 105 90
Spring Rate: 6.20 4.10
Dampers (Compression): 4 5
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 4
Camber Angle: 0.0 0.0
Toe Angle: -0.08 -0.05
Racing Brakes Kit: 4 6

Drivetrain
Triple Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD:
F: initial 9, accel 18, braking 7
R: n/a

Power
Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catylitic Converter
High RPM Turbo
Power Limiter 99.9%

Body
Weight Reduction: Stage 3, Windows
Ballast: 51kg @ -36

Transmission
Final: 5.000
Max Speed: 118 mph (190 kmh)
1 2.780
2 2.010
3 1.510
4 1.200
5 0.990
6 0.829
Final: 4.200

This was my second car, I first tried the Citroen which was fast on the straights but I couldn't get it feeling quite right. I picked the Seat as it is light, and I thought it wouldn't be a popular choice :dopey:. It should be mostly user friendly, but needs careful corner entry to avoid going wide.

As no one other than me has driven one of my tunes before, I'm hoping for a basic level of competence rather than glory :lol:.

edit: include kmh figure in transmission settings.

Last edited:
That's was some fun in the room today, ill set one up again tomorrow say about 11 am est
This sounds like fun, if only I were near my PS3 during the weekend I would, but I'm at the "in laws" until Sunday.

Back