FITT-Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge - Final Results are in!

I am curious if you notice a difference by resetting the trans first instead of just adjusting the final gear and then top speed.

There's no difference from my experience, when a final is chosen, then top speed is changed, the values presented for gear ratios are still presented as preset range ( the same value range whether the transmission was reset or not ). On race cars with only custom transmission available, this can be easily tested. I wrote about resetting just for the sake of me being cautious.

What makes a big difference is power upgrade parts that increase engine rpm range, like engine tuning, sports computer, exhaust and catalytic converters.

@Bowtie-muscle
Yeah list me as a tester for hot hatches. I haven't had an issue setting up an tunes yet. Make sure the wheel size is correct I would say. Not all are 1 inch up and that changes it. Also I think stock wheels/rims vs stock wheels with custom rims on the non 1 inch up tunes may alter the transmission values so check that cause some tunes are stock everything and some standard size with custom rims

Edit: I've been using all separate cars for each tune. I can go through and make a list for aero parts, wheel/rims sizes, ridgitiy and anything else you could think of that might be helpful

Last edited:
@Bowtie-muscle
Yeah list me as a tester for hot hatches. I haven't had an issue setting up an tunes yet. Make sure the wheel size is correct I would say. Not all are 1 inch up and that changes it. Also I think stock wheels/rims vs stock wheels with custom rims on the non 1 inch up tunes may alter the transmission values so check that cause some tunes are stock everything and some standard size with custom rims

Edit: I've been using all separate cars for each tune. I can go through and make a list for aero parts, wheel/rims sizes, ridgitiy and anything else you could think of that might be helpful

Only have 2 cars so far with multiple tunes, Clio and Cupra, Ridox has rigidity improvement so built separate car. Believe I have all wheel straight. Will recheck trans settings in a little while. Have to get Hot Hatch posted too.

My Pro-spec tune...

Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08

Spec:

515PP
397BHP
1121KG
50/50 Weight Distribution

Parts:
Racing Hard Tyres
Stage 3 Engine Tune
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Cat.
Intake Tuning
Mid-range Turbo

Settings:
Ride Height: 70 70
Spring Rate: 11.95 12.00
Compression: 4 4
Extension: 4 4
ARB: 4 4
Camber: 0 0
Brakes: 6 10
LSD: 8 21 5
Power Limiter: 87.0%
Downforce: 150 149
Ballast: 1KG at -15

Transmission:
Final to 4.750
Speed to 124MPH
Gear 1: 2.800
Gear 2: 1.985
Gear 3: 1.565
Gear 4: 1.315
Gear 5: 1.135
Gear 6: 1.000
Final to 3.400

Looking forward to testing!

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Hot Hatch Entry: Scirocco R '10

Laguna Blue Tintcoat
Inch up 1 OZ Racing Ultraleggera
Rims painted GT Chrome 009-N
Aero Type A
NO OIL CHANGE

299hp, 1240kg, 470pp, 49:51 Wgt Dist, Sports Hard tires

Parts Installed:
Full - Suspension, Trans, LSD
Racing Brakes, Triple-Plate Clutch
Racing Exhaust, Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM Turbo
Weight Reduction Stage 3, Carbon Hood, Window Weight Reduction

Suspension:
Ride Height - 105 / 90
Springs - 6.50 / 7.50
Comp - 2 / 3
Ext - 5 / 4
ARB - 4 / 3
Camber - 0.0 / 0.0
Toe - -0.10 / -0.25
Brakes - 4 / 6

Trans:
Final to 6.000, Top Speed to 124, Then
1st - 2.490
2nd - 1.760
3rd - 1.365
4th - 1.110
5th - 0.945
6th - 0.825
Final - 4.200

LSD:
Initial - 8
Accel - 18
Decel - 5

Ballast 85kg @ +50
Power Limiter 89.0%

Guy's I probably won't be getting in this either. It's been a long winter and I have a huge property and a red head wife.Lol.Really sore right now from raking and pruning my yard. I'll try my best,having a cold beer, actually probably a 6 pack.

Man with all problems people are having with transmissions I hope my base model doesn't throw anyone. @Bowtie-muscle or anyone else using mph, can you build it make sure I gave the set up directions correct please it's not a standard build.

Man with all problems people are having with transmissions I hope my base model doesn't throw anyone. @Bowtie-muscle or anyone else using mph, can you build it make sure I gave the set up directions correct please it's not a standard build.
I figured the trans problem out by installing standard trans and then FC after everything else. Only having a problem with Ridox for some reason. I have not built yours or @DigitalBaka 's Hatches yet. Will get to Base Models later in the week.

Room for a late entry? I got a Golf IV that's based on a friends car, it's close enough to regulations, just a little power and weight adjustment. It drives just like the real thing and even has the same rims.

Room for a late entry? I got a Golf IV that's based on a friends car, it's close enough to regulations, just a little power and weight adjustment. It drives just like the real thing and even has the same rims.
You are more than welcome to enter, just submit a tune. Deadline is midnight where ever you are tonight, but as long as it is posted by the time I check in the morning you're good. Welcome to the Planet:gtpflag:
If it is gonna take longer just let me know:)

Last edited:
After 2.5 hours of tuning all I have done is made three cars worse. I hate FFs and I hate Brands Hatch.

I agree. I made several cars worse and feel like the best settings I could come up with were just numbers I pulled out of a hat and made no sense at all. I think FFs are programmed to be tuned with numerology or those lucky numbers you get from a fortune cookie

@brian wolf @oppositelock @shaunm80 I got your trans settings figured out, uninstalled then re-installed trans and it worked.

@Ridox2JZGTE did not work with yours, 5th I can only get to 1.587 not 1.600, 6th 1.353 not 1.400?
@xande1959 got yours correct:tup:

:confused: I'm checking in game, I reset the transmission and do it again, it works fine. I pick stock, then pick custom, move the final to 3.450, the move top speed to left most ( 180kmh/112mph ). Please make sure the power upgrades are only sports computer, racing exhaust, exhaust manifold, and high rpm range turbo kit.

Here are the gear ratio value range on each gear :
1st 3674 - 4892
2nd 2.724 - 3.451
3rd 2.115 - 2.583
4th 1.714 - 2.022
5th 1.449 - 1652
6th 1.079 - 1.409

Hope this helps :) If anyone else who have a Cupra can do this, see if it works, just install the power parts above and run the gearing, thanks.

I switched the high rpm turbo for the Mid, and changed the engine tuning from 3 down to 2, added a little ballast and my car meets regulations.

From there I readjusted the gears to the track. All set just in time for the deadline.
VW Golf IV GTi 01

470pp/295hp/295ft-lb/1075kg

Sports Hard Tires to Sports Soft

GTAuto
No oil Change
Instal Improved Rigidity

Body & Wheels
Painted Factory Indigoblau Perlefekt
Aero Kit Type-A
Custom Wing Type-A
1 inch up BBS RS Wheels

Power Limiter at 100%

Power Upgrades
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Intake Tuning
Sports Computer
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Triple Plate Clutch

Adjustable Suspension
Adjustable Transmission
Adjustable Differential

Downforce 0/12

Weight Reductions
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Ballast 18kg @ 18%

Suspension
F/R
87/78
5.10/3.94
5/7
2/3
2/5
-1.2/-0.6
-0.45/0.0

Racing Brakes
F/R
6/4

Transmission
Final Drive Gear Set to 4.250

Max Speed Set to 155mph

Gears set to

Drivetrain set to
I/A/D
6/19/7

"Control your Fast"

The car it's based on has Neuspeed springs, strut bar, & sways. Bilstein damps, BBS RS wheels, GiAC chip, Boost Controller & BOV, turbo back & gutted Catt using the WRX CEL eliminator. Hawk Pads & Falken rubber. Carbon hood, B&M short throw, M3 side mirrors, eyelids and front lip. I'll get pics when I can.

Couple hours Testing at Brands Hatch & I can pull off consistent 1:39 laps with no assist just ABS-1 and my steering wheel.

I wish my Skunk2 DC5 ITR would qualify, that car is so fast it takes out 600pp RH A-Spec races at 550pp on SM like it ain't no thang. Not that it is, but still fun.

Last edited:

Unique color choice there Hami:lol::lol::lol:.....Glad you made it, but did you have to pick the same car as me to show just how bad mine really is? You could have had extra time if needed but only you can tune tune cars that fast. I can only ruin tunes that fast:guilty:

@Ronald6 @Chipmonk77 The deadline has now past, since it is an off day, I will still except your tunes if they get posted today. @Motor City Hami was given an extension, which he didn't use, so I will give to you as well.

To everyone else: PLEASE check your links on the first page to be sure they are correct and working as sometimes I am as sharp as a bowling ball and have finally figured out the easiest way to link. If there is an issue please let me know. Testing officially will begin tomorrow although I have begun to build and will try to do 2 classes. Thank you tuners for all of your entries and for putting up with my sometimes numb brain:gtpflag:

SOOOO, time to sit down, strap in and hold on!:cheers:

P.S.: Where's my coffee......Happy Easter everyone!

Unique color choice there Hami:lol::lol::lol:.....Glad you made it, but did you have to pick the same car as me to show just how bad mine really is? You could have had extra time if needed but only you can tune tune cars that fast. I can only ruin tunes that fast:guilty:

I didn't need the extra time because I couldn't stand one more minute of testing on Brands Hatch. :lol:

Back