FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
I think its less that the 4wds were improved, more that Rwds have been nerfed since 1.09 and everything else is catching up
I've not driven anything that was RWD since 1.09 that I've been happy with. Hence sticking with FWD & 4WD, much easier to get good results out of...

{Cy}

@DolHaus just wanted to say you are doing a great job keeping up with things đź‘Ť keep it up.
Thank you, its been relatively painless so far and a decent turn out.

We could probably use more testers in the Road Racer category if anyone has time. đź‘Ť

I've not driven anything that was RWD since 1.09 that I've been happy with. Hence sticking with FWD & 4WD, much easier to get good results out of...

{Cy}
I liked a few of the physics tweaks in 1.09 but I've noticed FR engines in particular seem much less willing to rev, feels kind of like they're running on slightly gone off petrol, sort of lumpy and much more prone to bogging down than before.

We could probably use more testers in the Road Racer category if anyone has time. đź‘Ť

I liked a few of the physics tweaks in 1.09 but I've noticed FR engines in particular seem much less willing to rev, feels kind of like they're running on slightly gone off petrol, sort of lumpy and much more prone to bogging down than before.
If I can find some time I may take a swing at testing the Racers but need to see how long it takes me to do the Classics.
Already building me tuning sheets so that I have all the tunes on paper to double and triple check, next up to start building and maybe even begin early testing. Hope if I get the chance that no one changes anything on me (including PD). @krenkme noted that he may make a change so see what happens.

If I can find some time I may take a swing at testing the Racers but need to see how long it takes me to do the Classics.
Already building me tuning sheets so that I have all the tunes on paper to double and triple check, next up to start building and maybe even begin early testing. Hope if I get the chance that no one changes anything on me (including PD). @krenkme noted that he may make a change so see what happens.
Yeah its not a massive problem, we have enough in each categorie to get good and varied results but more would always be better so if anyone feels up to it then it would be greatly appreciated đź‘Ť

Two things - do you have a spread sheet for scoring or are you going to use one from Otaliema/Hami?
Noted a new tester, might want to give him a scoring outline, something like this:

Scoring:
Each class will have 2 podiums, one for fastest lap time averaged across all testers. And one podium for Driver’s choice, each tester will score each tune on the scale listed below. Driver’s Choice scores will then be averaged across all testers. The maximum of DC points that can be earned is 10 points. Please choose DC on a scale of 0.0 -10.0.

Drivers Choice Scale:
10.0 Among the best tunes you have driven in GT6
7 to 9 A great tune that could be a little better if …..
4 to 6 A good tune that needs a few adjustments to become a contender
Under 4 A tune that needs work (please be specific with feedback with any tunes listed here)

(From my Hot Hatch Challenge and Hami's Miata Challenge) just a thought.

Two things - do you have a spread sheet for scoring or are you going to use one from Otaliema/Hami?
Noted a new tester, might want to give him a scoring outline, something like this:

Scoring:
Each class will have 2 podiums, one for fastest lap time averaged across all testers. And one podium for Driver’s choice, each tester will score each tune on the scale listed below. Driver’s Choice scores will then be averaged across all testers. The maximum of DC points that can be earned is 10 points. Please choose DC on a scale of 0.0 -10.0.

Drivers Choice Scale:
10.0 Among the best tunes you have driven in GT6
7 to 9 A great tune that could be a little better if …..
4 to 6 A good tune that needs a few adjustments to become a contender
Under 4 A tune that needs work (please be specific with feedback with any tunes listed here)

(From my Hot Hatch Challenge and Hami's Miata Challenge) just a thought.
I will add that to the testers section đź‘Ť
I've been trying to work out @Otaliema 's spread sheet but it is too complicated for me as I'm not well versed in these sorts of things. I will be presenting the data via google sheets but will be doing the maths the old fashioned way to save time

I will add that to the testers section đź‘Ť
I've been trying to work out @Otaliema 's spread sheet but it is too complicated for me as I'm not well versed in these sorts of things. I will be presenting the data via google sheets but will be doing the maths the old fashioned way to save time
That would have been me, luckily, Hami took care of the scoring as I can be Not-so-Tech Savy. Just trying to help out with the minor things as it can be allot with your first challenge. But, like I said you are doing a great job and I will get out of your way now. :cheers:

Ran some 400PP CS cars online with @NEWDRIVER2 last night, was taken back by the amount of grip. Ran the Alfa MiTo (a surprisingly enjoyable car), the Mini Marcos and the Clio RS, lots and lots of fun. I've probably not run that low a PP and tyres since 1.09, maybe 1.10, mostly it's been 500PP on SH. I need to work on it some more, but I think I may have an Evo that will keep up with the RWD boys @500PP now, just need to find a little time to work on it.
That'd be great if you can find the time. Finding testers has always been a problem, particularly since testers who have partaken in a few events tend to end up trying their own hand at tuning. Just like me. I find it hard to tune and test now, I tend to be pretty burnt out by the time I've finished my own entry...

{Cy}

That would have been me, luckily, Hami took care of the scoring as I can be Not-so-Tech Savy. Just trying to help out with the minor things as it can be allot with your first challenge. But, like I said you are doing a great job and I will get out of your way now. :cheers:
I think I've got most of it taken care of but if I miss anything obvious then please feel free to point it out đź‘Ť

Ran some 400PP CS cars online with @NEWDRIVER2 last night, was taken back by the amount of grip. Ran the Alfa MiTo (a surprisingly enjoyable car), the Mini Marcos and the Clio RS, lots and lots of fun. I've probably not run that low a PP and tyres since 1.09, maybe 1.10, mostly it's been 500PP on SH. I need to work on it some more, but I think I may have an Evo that will keep up with the RWD boys @500PP now, just need to find a little time to work on it.

That'd be great if you can find the time. Finding testers has always been a problem, particularly since testers who have partaken in a few events tend to end up trying their own hand at tuning. Just like me. I find it hard to tune and test now, I tend to be pretty burnt out by the time I've finished my own entry...

{Cy}
I had a look at the mini marcos when I was trying to put the groups together, I was originally planning on doing hill climb style cars from across the world but the balancing was tricky at best.

I'm not a fan of the new standard toe and camber settings as they make the cars way too stable in stock form, its ruined a lot of tuning prohibited leagues apparently.

I had a look at the mini marcos when I was trying to put the groups together, I was originally planning on doing hill climb style cars from across the world but the balancing was tricky at best.

I'm not a fan of the new standard toe and camber settings as they make the cars way too stable in stock form, its ruined a lot of tuning prohibited leagues apparently.
The Marcos would be a great car, if it weren't broken, like the 90's Mini and any other number of cars that have been dragged through from previous versions of the game!! It's a lot of fun to throw around, but you're never going to keep up with anything other than similarly hampered cars :(

I wasn't a fan of the toe settings, until I started twinning handfuls of + rear toe and stiff rear setups. It might be a cheap hack, but for 400-450PP FWD cars and 450-500PP in 4WD you can get some amazing rotation :mischievous:

I bet the Stock Boys aren't happy about it, frankly I don't even know how they manage to race some of the cars they do, whilst stock. I mean that Lloydz bloke is a complete freak, I watched him on the video-stream the GTP Admins ran a few weeks back. I've seen people drive that well before, but not in a stock car...

{Cy}

I think its less that the 4wds were improved, more that Rwds have been nerfed since 1.09 and everything else is catching up

My observations on the cars from 1.09 on is this.
FF and AWD like to rotate much better with less work, but can also be broken much easier than before.
FR seem to have had their oil change from 0w20 to 30W
MR are much less twitchy, and are now drive able by mortals :lol:
Some tire levels seem to have had their grip changed particularly the Medium tire of each level, can't tell if it's up or down as it seems to change with each track. All racing tires have less grip than prior *as stated in the patch notes*
SRF no longer give the equivlent grip of +2 tire levels but seems to actively prevent/reduce spinning and reduces oversteer.
Mechanical grip has been given a large boost to all cars as except for aero dependent cars (like the GT500's and formula cars)

So i'm not sure it's just a FR nerf at work here.

{Cy}

Take a day or two break from the tracks/cars or the game prior to the testing, and test your car/make last that way it doesn't feel as repetitive, change the time of day on the track, if your able to, if time progression is allowed set it to 10, that's a trip, go from morning to evening in 5 laps on any track.
Also if you figured anything out when tuning for the challenge go apply the theory to another car in teh game see if it's a true setting rule or just something for that car. Like with the MR2 the damper and spring spread settings, I turned around and applied to the R10 I was tuning, and bam it went from a good car to a sit back and smoke the S races car, as long as I don't ditch it, I will walk all over the races, it's now so easy on tires I can run RM tires for 15 laps, heck I run out of fuel before I run out of tires now. I need to test RS tires see how long they last but this set up would be a killer online with tire and fuel consumption turn on, sit back watch everyone else burn up tires and just go zipping by after lap 3, or if it's a 5 lap run, run it hard and still have tons of tire left at the end while most everyone else is on baby mode to not spin it.

I'll have a week to test when I get back, before the deadline. I should be able to get in atleast one category, so if you need more testers for Road, let's make that one a definite for me if that's ok with everyone.:cheers:

I'll have a week to test when I get back, before the deadline. I should be able to get in atleast one category, so if you need more testers for Road, let's make that one a definite for me if that's ok with everyone.:cheers:
Thank you, I can't think of a reason why anyone would object đź‘Ť

Thank you, I can't think of a reason why anyone would object đź‘Ť
I know and appreciate what you said, but there has been some discussions about people testing their own tunes with DC scores. Would the spreadsheet be able to take out a testers score/time without hurting the overall averages?
Ex. 11 testers including me, I test all except for mine, so the spreadsheet knows to only average the scores and lap times based on 10 testers in my column and not 11 if you leave those cells blank? Does that make sense? Just a thought...

I know and appreciate what you said, but there has been some discussions about people testing their own tunes with DC scores. Would the spreadsheet be able to take out a testers score/time without hurting the overall averages?
Ex. 11 testers including me, I test all except for mine, so the spreadsheet knows to only average the scores and lap times based on 10 testers in my column and not 11 if you leave those cells blank? Does that make sense? Just a thought...
I think it would screw up the average unfortunately, not a large enough spectrum of results to balance it out.

Just try and be fair with DC, if you genuinely think yours is the best of the bunch then feel free to give it a high score. You seem like a fair and honest guy so I don't think anyone will accuse you of buttering your own score. I usually wait until I've tested everyone else before awarding my own DC so I can rank it fairly.

I do ask that you test your own car in the mid ranks so that you won't be as familiar with it straight away and that you give the time from the testing period rather than your best time during testing. I think that's the fairest way to do things, I'm not a fan of tuners testing their own cars because of the biased effect it can have on the scoreboards but I accept that we have to make do and be thankful for anyone who is willing to put the time into testing.

As long as you give an honest review of your own tune there is no reason to alter the scoring. I do not like giving a score for my own tune but try to be objective and rate it as if it were someone else's tune. I also test mine after several others removing myself from my own tune as much as possible to remove any bias. Plus I am my own worst critic and know you are the same way ;)

As long as you give an honest review of your own tune there is no reason to alter the scoring. I do not like giving a score for my own tune but try to be objective and rate it as if it were someone else's tune. I also test mine after several others removing myself from my own tune as much as possible to remove any bias. Plus I am my own worst critic and know you are the same way ;)
I think it would screw up the average unfortunately, not a large enough spectrum of results to balance it out.

Just try and be fair with DC, if you genuinely think yours is the best of the bunch then feel free to give it a high score. You seem like a fair and honest guy so I don't think anyone will accuse you of buttering your own score. I usually wait until I've tested everyone else before awarding my own DC so I can rank it fairly.

Thanks guys, and yes we usually are our own worst critics because of our desire for perfection. Even though my personal DC score has been lower than what has been my overall average, the competition is getting so tight/fun/intense, that .5 of a point was the difference between 1st & 3rd last challenge. And yes, when testing my own, I go by my number in a hat/drawing card system and try not to have the same duplicate car 2 times in a row if the challenge permits. And between us girls, I'm really anxious to see how much trouble I can get into with those Evo's!:lol:

Thanks guys, and yes we usually are our own worst critics because of our desire for perfection. Even though my personal DC score has been lower than what has been my overall average, the competition is getting so tight/fun/intense, that .5 of a point was the difference between 1st & 3rd last challenge. And yes, when testing my own, I go by my number in a hat/drawing card system and try not to have the same duplicate car 2 times in a row if the challenge permits. And between us girls, I'm really anxious to see how much trouble I can get into with those Evo's!:lol:
I'm not looking forward to the NSX at SSR5, for some reason its much wider than the other cars and I find myself clipping walls which previously seemed more than wide enough, sounds just like my last insurance claim :lol:

I am I agreement with all of the above statements lol tuners testing their own car does create some some bias in the lap times but little affect has been seen in DC scores from what I have seen most everyone grades cars in the same way, so all cars get the same treatment from each tester in terms of dc scores.
As for tuners not testing their own car the ONLY way it would work is if every tuner tested and every tester tuned, or we have the exacte same number of tuners and testers. And non tuneing testers are assigned a non testing tuner to skip.
That way all tunes are givin the same number of tests.

Hopefully I can still sign up for a tuner. And if I can I will take the Toyota Sprinter and the Acura NSX.
is their still spaces available ? i would like to tune and test if possible.
There are spaces available, you have until the 25th (next Monday) at 8PM to submit a tune, please be sure to read the rules carefully before starting.

Testing begins 8PM on the 25th and there will be 2 weeks to test all of the cars and present their fastest laps at each track along with a Drivers Choice score based on how much you enjoyed the tune đź‘Ť

@randyrockstiff Which classes would you like to test and tune?

And between us girls, I'm really anxious to see how much trouble I can get into with those Evo's!:lol:
It's not built to get you into trouble, it's built to get you out of it :mischievous:
I'm not looking forward to the NSX at SSR5, for some reason its much wider than the other cars and I find myself clipping walls which previously seemed more than wide enough, sounds just like my last insurance claim :lol:
There's nothing more hateful than when you're 0.500 up on your best time and then clipping the knuckle before the final corner on that track. I've come so very close to launching my controller at the TV :mad::lol:

{Cy}

i would like the street classics and road racers if possible.

street classics car will be honda civic sir-II (EG) '91

road racers car will be the evo touring car.

i see theres 2 tracks listed for each class. so do i test on both tracks or can i pick one track from each class

also i will be tuning with ds3
abs1

Last edited:

i see theres 2 tracks listed for each class. so do i test on both tracks or can i pick one track from each class
You will need to test all cars at and give times for both tracks, the lowest combined time wins đź‘Ť

test at both tracks same tune, submit your best time for each track and a dc score for each track @DolHaus will average the numbers and post results.

Back