FITT Italian Power & Fame, Two cars Two tracks. Finished, Congratulations to the winners!

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 328 comments
@Lionheart2113 run it as close as you can to the listed numbers for transmission.
It looks like Reventon is going to be a PITA with the transmission at this PP.

Attention testers. With the Reventon your transmission may not match the tuners list due to a game bug. Please get it as close as you can, it "SHOULD be with in 0.001 of the build the tuner supplied.

@Lionheart2113 run it as close as you can to the listed numbers for transmission.
It looks like Reventon is going to be a PITA with the transmission at this PP.

Attention testers. With the Reventon your transmission may not match the tuners list due to a game bug. Please get it as close as you can, it "SHOULD be with in 0.001 of the build the tuner supplied.
Here is what I've got for what the RPMs drop down to in their respective shifts/gears (based on real world math not MoTeC) It's closer than what some other competitions have been.

image.png

It's still .972 for me. It's not going to make a world of difference, it's still a nice rocket ship!

Edit:
Same thing just happened with @Onboy123 4th & 5th gear, I'm .001 away from reaching his numbers...

Try for fun to switch kmh units and try again, looks lot a rounding margin error between units.

Oh, and a side note to Testers of the Lambo...
Be careful as the Reventon is one of the cars that magically change the TCS back to 5 until you make 3 trips to a track...

Do abs/tc settings first on car then any change on car settings, then it won't reset abs/tc. Doing any change on car setup sheet always saves car other values i.e. TC value and also current odometer kilometers gets saved then. If you run test session and only save replay and exit to GT6 main menu then car session kilometers aren't saved on odometer.

Holy graph!

Uhh…what am I supposed to be looking at?
It's what the RPMs drop down to after a shift...
Take Ridox, I think because of the higher weight he was able to put on more tuning parts, increasing his redline RPM to 9,000 I believe.
So it will go from 9,000RPM (redline in 1st) down to 6,200RPM when it kicks into 2nd gear.
9,000RPM (redline in 2nd) down to 6,800RPM when shifting into 3rd... And so on

This is to judge if you are hitting the best RPMs after every shift based on the HP/Torque curve of that car. I'm hoping that they will give us a better dyno graph in the future, so we can calculate a little further into it.

It's what the RPMs drop down to after a shift...
Take Ridox, I think because of the higher weight he was able to put on more tuning parts, increasing his redline RPM to 9,000 I believe.
So it will go from 9,000RPM (redline in 1st) down to 6,200RPM when it kicks into 2nd gear.
9,000RPM (redline in 2nd) down to 6,800RPM when shifting into 3rd... And so on

This is to judge if you are hitting the best RPMs after every shift based on the HP/Torque curve of that car. I'm hoping that they will give us a better dyno graph in the future, so we can calculate a little further into it.

The high rpm engine was the effect of my decision to keep the replica build weight ( real car weight ). I wanted the car to feel heavy as it should, it will be slower though than lighter car. I can then put more power parts in the car, with focus on higher RPM limit for top speed. Hope it accelerates pretty quick in every shift up :)

Well I'm hoping for non top speed based transmissions In GT sport. It's killer having this long rediculasly complicated transmission build process.

Looks the Reventon is going to be close in terms of speed so it's going to come down who corners better.

Edit; corrected typo.
Top speed ->non top speed

Last edited:
Here is what I've got for what the RPMs drop down to in their respective shifts/gears (based on real world math not MoTeC) It's closer than what some other competitions have been.

View attachment 577808

one doubts you.
when I prepare a gearbox I use manual exchange, but the testers? this can make difference for those who use automatic transmission performance can not be the same, some automatic transmission when prepared in the option of automatic driving, work perfectly depending on the circuit. but a braking error you can use the faster gearbox reducing the automatic option takes a few thousandths.:odd:

one doubts you.
when I prepare a gearbox I use manual exchange, but the testers? this can make difference for those who use automatic transmission performance can not be the same, some automatic transmission when prepared in the option of automatic driving, work perfectly depending on the circuit. but a braking error you can use the faster gearbox reducing the automatic option takes a few thousandths.:odd:
There is a huge difference when driving automatic vs manual. Automatic users are forced to shift at the redline every time where manual can manipulate what gear to be in. A great example is watching @coryclifford video of his SP1, he is able to stay in a higher gear on some turns and gets a better and more controlled launch out of the corner. This has a huge impact on how the car handles for him compared to me.
And yes, braking between auto and manual is different as well. Manual can get quicker downshifts, pretty much as quick as you can hit the button, where auto has to wait until it hits the downshift RPMs before it changes down.
The worst part is what I call the shift dead zones. It is a 3-4mph zone (mostly 2nd to 3rd gear) that the transmission can't choose what gear to be in and it changes up and down throughout a turn. There are a few tricks to try and counter it, but it is a pain to deal with sometimes.

Honestly, to me, it makes no sense whatsoever to use an auto gearbox playing this game. There's nothing to lose, nothing to break, but there are some advantages, though I think they're small. Not huge as you said, @Lionheart2113
I agree but some are comfortable with auto and if they switch to manual they dont do well even if they are good at shifting.
We have been "pestering" @Lionheart2113 for three + years about using auto still hasn't switched and it works for him. Regularly one of the faster and more consistent testers in challenges.

I also run Auto 99.999% of the time. No major advantages to using a manual except in a super small set of cars. Yeah you might gain like 0.00001 of a second but it's not worth the hassle imo.

Honestly, to me, it makes no sense whatsoever to use an auto gearbox playing this game. There's nothing to lose, nothing to break, but there are some advantages, though I think they're small. Not huge as you said, @Lionheart2113
Guess it all depends on your definition of "huge advantage". Even just 2 tenths of a second per lap at Rome, I'd say yes, that's a huge advantage, 2 tenths at Nurburgring.... not so much.

@Otaliema Here's top speeds for ya, in video form, and mph. :D

That's a 1:06 something

I ran another set 8 laps in your tune this morning, then restarted. This is the first lap...

1st turn... I'm downshifted into 3rd. Little more wheel spin on exit than if I was in 4th.
The slow turn... downshifted into 2nd, and that's fine, but notice the bouncing off of the limiter before shifting into 3rd. I'm sure manuals wouldn't have that issue if they just hit the upshift button.
At the bottom of the hill... Again getting the car to upshift without bouncing off the limiter is tricky.
The last set of turns... The switching of gears throughout the turn. A little more finesse on the throttle might help with this scenario I will admit, but that is the joy of using the "X" throttle.
All of these things can be considered small, but they can add up throughout the length of a lap.

Has it really been 3 years @Otaliema ??? For someone who drives a manual to work everyday on the back roads of Hampshire, you'd think I would be able to make the switch on a simple video game!:mischievous:
:lol::cheers:

Do you really need to like every single post @Otaliema?
As event host yes, I need to, it shows you as the participants that I am active in the thread with out having to do a post.
Practically all posts, yes, he is compelled to.
👍

Has it really been 3 years @Otaliema ??? For someone who drives a manual to work everyday on the back roads of Hampshire, you'd think I would be able to make the switch on a simple video game!:mischievous:
:lol::cheers:
You can't feel it in your tail or in your hand like you do in a car, and using a finger to shift when your used to using your legs and arms is just weird.

Pretty quiet in here. I completed my testing of the Reventons before I left... just waiting to post them as I was hoping for others to post theirs first. With only a couple of days to go, I don't want to be the only tester for both cars. That would not make people happy.:scared:
:cheers:

Pretty quiet in here. I completed my testing of the Reventons before I left... just waiting to post them as I was hoping for others to post theirs first. With only a couple of days to go, I don't want to be the only tester for both cars. That would not make people happy.:scared:
I've got one SP1 left to test and report on, it'll be my first time reviewing so I'm taking my time

It would make me happy :dopey:

Sorry been a little busy getting for school and dealing with some medical stuff with in-laws.
Great to hear @RMan72 and @Lionheart2113 that you have all testing done I look forward to the results.

@Jeje6410 @Thorin Cain @sinof1337 @fordracer how is the testing coming along? Do you need another day or two to finish up?

Hi my friend @Otaliema
My tests are just SP1 in Roma. Not Roma and Monza as you had written.
I would end my tests Thursday . Is it possible to publish my results on Friday? Thanks my friend. :cheers:

Back