FITT M Power Challenge - Mystery Solved - Congratulations to the Winners

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 843 comments
Great job everyone and way to go podium winners!!!:cheers:
@MrGrado I had a feeling you were tuner 18. The need for constant throttle usage to manipulate the car is your style. I just don't have the reflexes to keep up with it and drive like you. I'm not part alien!:mischievous:
@coryclifford nice setup you had there. You've only had a couple FITT challenges under your belt, but that car reminded me of one of Praiano's challenge winning monsters.:bowdown:
@Voodoovaj I'm interested in what changes you might be making to your app/future tunes.
@xande1959 another solid tune, my friend, I expect nothing less!👍

I felt a little left out because I had the only M4 performance edition in the field and, although the conventional belief is that it's the same as the regular M4, I found it to be stiffer. Like everyone in the test pointed out, it's fast when it's on line but not so fast off line.

So, as far as changes, this is what I did in the new app (I'll post the tune later today).

- Inverse rake - I had found that the cars would rotate more under braking with regular rake, because the rear would lose grip and rotate, but it was just too uncontrollable. Inverse rake also provides better acceleration and top speed. Why? I think it has something to do with grip transferred to the rear.
- Positive front toe - When the weight transfers on the front, the outside tire really makes the nose dive for the apex. I had negative toe in there still as a remnant from early versions of the calculation and it dawned on me that I had completely neglected to review that.

With the new tune, I posted a best time (so far) of 2:07:030. I'm anxious to see what the others can do.

As promised, here is the new M4 Performance tune. This is just the suspension changes. I should have gone for shorter gears in my tune for that track, but I think it was still a decent all around set up.

18976648936_e5f1647eb8_z.jpg[

Tuner #12
M4 Performance

Paint: Standard
Rims: Enkei RS05RR (painted white/Bianco Spino)
Caliper Paint: Red (Super Red V)

PP: 525
HP: 434hp @ 5400 rpm
TORQUE: 430 ft-lb @ 2900 rpm
WEIGHT: 1324kg
WEIGHT DIST: 49:51
TIRE(S): Sports Medium

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Rigidity Improvement - No
Front Aero - No
Wing - BANNED (ALLOWED FOR CHROME LINE ONLY!)
Flat Floor - BANNED

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // Brakes: Racing
RIDE HEIGHT - 90 / 104
SPRINGS - 7.21 / 9.79
COMP - 4 / 2
EXT - 2 / 3
ARB - 2 / 2
CAMBER - 0.6 / 0.6
TOE - -0.08 / -0.14
BRAKES - 2 / 2

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 217mph / 350km/h
1ST - 3.264
2ND - 2.280
3RD - 1.712
4TH - 1.343
5TH - 1.139
6TH - 0.990
7TH - 0.862
FINAL - 3.519

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 19
ACCEL - 11
DECEL - 9

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate
CARBON SHAFT: Installed

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Standard
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Standard
INTAKE TUNING - Tuned
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - Normal
POWER LIMITER - 96.7%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Stage 3
CARBON HOOD - Standard
WINDOW WEIGHT - Standard

BALLAST - 82kg @ 40%

I didn't need as much ballast to make it turn, so I dialed back the weight.

Ballast - 44 @ 40% for a 50/50 weight distribution

RIDE HEIGHT - 110 / 100
SPRINGS - 5.85 / 9.65
COMP - 4 / 2
EXT - 2 / 4
ARB - 2 / 2
CAMBER - 0.6 / 0.5
TOE - 0.10 / -0.15
BRAKES - 2 / 2

I highlighted the changes with bold. I think the biggest change is the positive toe and the negative rake. I did a best of 2:07:030 with this set up and the same conditions as this challenge. (SM Tires, real grip, etc)

Thanks to everyone for the lessons learned. I am reaping the benefits in every race.

As promised, here is the new M4 Performance tune. This is just the suspension changes. I should have gone for shorter gears in my tune for that track, but I think it was still a decent all around set up.

I didn't need as much ballast to make it turn, so I dialed back the weight.

Ballast - 44 @ 40% for a 50/50 weight distribution

RIDE HEIGHT - 110 / 100
SPRINGS - 5.85 / 9.65
COMP - 4 / 2
EXT - 2 / 4
ARB - 2 / 2
CAMBER - 0.6 / 0.5
TOE - 0.10 / -0.15
BRAKES - 2 / 2

I highlighted the changes with bold. I think the biggest change is the positive toe and the negative rake. I did a best of 2:07:030 with this set up and the same conditions as this challenge. (SM Tires, real grip, etc)

Thanks to everyone for the lessons learned. I am reaping the benefits in every race.

Will try and give this a run later in the week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Latest Posts

Back