FITT M Power Challenge - Mystery Solved - Congratulations to the Winners

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 843 comments
@Otaliema If you're looking for an interesting competition, Why not the Yellowbird...:D
already spoken for its in planning. All the more I'm gonna say.

2D vs 2J is no contest if that's what you mean?
No a 2D group and a 2J group different PP's

Otaliema might be able to guess mine as we had a little conversation about my RWD set ups back when we were doing the hatchbacks last time.
Already took a crack at guessing I'm thinking I didn't get it as I backed out of testing after 6 cars and I had a 5 second variance and I couldn't close the gap.

Now that we're at the end, I will say one little complaint. I think it would have been better if all the cars were more on par. The CSL/GTR can be pretty close if not identical at times, bit the M4 and M4 performance are different beasts. Not to mention, neither is as easy to toss around and an M3. The 135...fogettaboutit.

If it was kind of segregated more, maybe, but it's a tall order to match the standard M3's. Maybe and M4 versus an M4 performance battle or something. Just my two cents. A two car battle might have been better.

I think it would also have been interesting for the tuners to set there own benchmark times.

Just my two Canadian cents ;-)

Now that we're at the end, I will say one little complaint. I think it would have been better if all the cars were more on par. The CSL/GTR can be pretty close if not identical at times, bit the M4 and M4 performance are different beasts. Not to mention, neither is as easy to toss around and an M3. The 135...fogettaboutit.

If it was kind of segregated more, maybe, but it's a tall order to match the standard M3's. Maybe and M4 versus an M4 performance battle or something. Just my two cents. A two car battle might have been better.

I think it would also have been interesting for the tuners to set there own benchmark times.

True, however, this is how it was set up. We.all knew our chances, and all agreed. That M3 sucked, I just did the best I could with the hand I was.delt. That was one of the intresting twists to this challenge. Little different car draw and things could jave gotten real intresting!

#5 DaBomm4
#4 Otaliema
#3 Hami
#12 chrisspeed281
#17 corycilfford
#14Bowtie
#7 Shaunm
#11brianwolf
#6 me
#1 787bcgr
#2 xande 1959
#8 ugabugaz
#10 Brewguy44
#13 voodoovaj
#16 sinof1337
#18 MrGrado

List complete.
2 correct.

M4 and Performance are basically the same car. M3 's M4 in hind sight would have been better. You are correct about the CSL and GTR. 135i, though a fun car, was just over matched.

American $0.02 :dopey:

True, however, this is how it was set up. We.all knew our chances, and all agreed. That M3 sucked, I just did the best I could with the hand I was.delt. That was one of the intresting twists to this challenge. Little different car draw and things could jave gotten real intresting!

Yep. I just saying, for the future, a little narrower spread might be nice. I still learned a lot.

I would be.willing to do this exact same style event , with different cars and track. Imagine the top tuners with the bottom cars and vice versa. :lol::lol:
That was part of the idea. Give the guys that are not normally top tuners over dog cars and top tuners a small chance at them. But a much higher chance at a underdog. 135i shouldn't have been in this challenge very fun car but just way out matched here.
The CSL was picked as a top dog but the GTR was figured as a underdog as its a hard car to tune. As shown by the standings. Get it right (or mostly) and its smoking fast, get it more then a little wrong and it's toast.
I was given a 135i at first. And declined the change at first butafter driving a STOCK M4 and beat my best lap by a second a I agreed switched cars after finding out it wasn't just me, with less then a week to go got ridiculous lucky with set up and got a good car out of it, I debated about asking for SS tires but that could have turned out as a overdog due the massive grip increase.

Last edited:
That was part of the idea. Give the guys that are not normally top tuners over dog cars and top tuners a small chance at them. But a much higher chance at a underdog. 135i shouldn't have been in this challenge very fun car but just way out matched here.
The CSL was picked as a top dog but the GTR was figured as a underdog as its a hard car to tune. As shown by the standings. Get it right (or mostly) and its smoking fast, get it more then a little wrong and it's toast.
I was given a 135i at first. And declined the change at first but after driving a STOCK M4 and beat my best lap by a second a I switched cars with less then a week to go got ridiculous lucky with set up and got a good car out of it, I debated about asking for SS tires but that could have turned out as a overdog due the massive grip increase.
I actually had a guess that the GTR would be the overdog from back when I posted my RUF tune, I decided to try and give it a tune, but had way too much fun with it STOCK and no ABS during the seasonal at the time to bother tuning it.

I actually had a guess that the GTR would be the overdog from back when I posted my RUF tune, I decided to try and give it a tune, but had way too much fun with it STOCK and no ABS during the seasonal at the time to bother tuning it.
I hear ya stock its a really good car. Tuned its either really really good or trash.
Light and easy is my motto. For FR cars anyways.

I also suppose if I drove other people's tunes I might be able to guess but I don't think I've used a single other person's tune ever in my 15 year GT life.
Might want to take other cars for a spin, might pick up some tricks.

I tuned most of my cars in GT5 in the latter half of my playtime. When I was starting out however I very frequently used tunes made by others, with one standing out in particular. This tune for the ZR1 RM - I've run it countless of times and never changed anything on it. Loved this car/tune. Just guessing but I think I had like over 7000 miles on this one car.

Psst, its kinda what they did, or tried to do here. No tellin any secrets that aren't
I thought the M3 Chrome Line would.do better. The GTR always seemed fast, just uncomfortable.

Back