FITT M Power Challenge - Mystery Solved - Congratulations to the Winners

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 843 comments
England
Exeter
morans1980
FITT M Power Challenge

M Power Badge 2.jpg

The idea for this particular FITT challenge came about during the Old and New Challenge. Everyone had a pick of cars that they could use, and would often test each to find out their potential. As a tuner, I like the challenge of finding a random car and just tuning it to the best of my ability. To make my idea work, I needed to find a group of cars that fit well together, have similar power outputs and similar drive trains but also offer a good stable base to work from. I found these cars in the BMW dealership.

I needed a partner in crime to pull this challenge off so I asked my good friend @Bowtie-muscle if he would be interested in co-hosting this with me. Thankfully, he said he would and he had this great idea to do blind testing. Now, I remember how well that challenge worked and it fitted well with the twist that I am using in this challenge.

All tuners will register their interest before tuning begins. Once registered, the names will be entered randomly into a hat, pulled out by a non-FITT person and allocated a number. This will be your Tuner number and you will be PM’d this information along with the car which you will be tuning. Again, this will be randomised so the entire field tunes a car allocated to them, and the tuner of that car will not be known until the competition has ended.

When you have finished your tune, PM your setup with your Tuner number to @Bowtie-muscle and @shaunm80 using a standard form in which all the tunes are displayed (Bowtie will provide). We as hosts will also build your car, take a picture in photomode and post that alongside your tune so they all have a similar style.

This challenge should suit all tuners as the cars are equally as fast, they all have the same ability to produce a good lap time and most importantly, they will be fun to drive.

Last edited:
The Cars

BMW 135i Coupe '07
135iM1Version.jpg

M3 CSL '03
M3CSL.jpg

M3 GTR '03
M3GTR.jpg

M4 Coupe
M4Coupe.jpg

M4 M Performance Edition
M4Performance.jpg

M3 Coupe '07
M3 Coupe.jpg

M3 Coupe Chrome Line (Rear Wing allowed for this car as it is standard)
M3CoupeCLEdition.jpg

As they are German cars, they need very specific rules and regulations, because that is how they do things in Germany.. :)

All tunes are set at 525PP. No more, no less.

The banned list

No Oil Changes allowed
No Body Rigidity allowed
No Overhaul Engine allowed
No Flat Floors allowed
No rear wing allowed*
No Other parts allowed
No Nitrous Oxide

The allowed list

You can however wash your car if you wish too.. BMW’s are known for being clean.

Front Aero Kit allowed
Standard Size Wheels allowed
Sports Medium tyres only
Racing Brakes allowed
FC Transmission allowed
FC LSD allowed
FC Suspension allowed
Triple Plate Clutch and Flywheel only
Carbon Driveshaft only
All power parts allowed
Restore Body Rigidity allowed
Full use of ballast is allowed
Weight Reduction is allowed
Power limiter must be above 75% on tunes

The only driving aids allowed are ABS 1.

*Rear wing is allowed on the M3 Coupe Chrome Line as noted above. This is the only car a rear wing is allowed to be installed on.

Last edited:
Track and Test Driving

Nurburgring GP/F (3.20 miles)
Arcade Mode Single Player Time Trial
Grip Reduction – Real
Time for testing 14:00
Weather - Dry

Suggest running 10 laps with each car to find the single fastest lap. Legitimate times must have at least two wheels within track limits at all times. If four wheels cross the curbs at any time, consider that lap a red lap and discount the lap time. (See post for images of DQ laps)

Please report best lap time and driver’s choice results in a single post within this thread. It would be helpful if you posted the results in the order of tuner number. This will be self explanatory when the tunes are posted by bowtie-muscle.

Allocation of the cars (the twist)

After a discussion about how to allocate the fastest cars, we decided that tuners who usually pick under dog cars, have not won or had a podium place previously will be drawn separately and will get a choice of the BMW M3 Coupe ’07 and the BMW M3 Chrome Line.

All other tuners will be allocated from the other cars available, however, every 5th draw, the two faster cars will be added to the pick so others have a chance of getting these cars. This means that a full field of cars will be used for testing and it should make it cheaper for testers as they will only need one car for the competition.

FITT Rules
General FITT rules: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-tuners-and-test-drivers.291311/#post-9017285

Deadlines
As you may be aware, this event has been published early as me and Bowtie need some lead in time to get the driver allocations randomised and selected. On the 6th or 7th June 2015, you will receive a PM from Bowtie with your tuner number and car that you will be tuning up. Just so you are aware, I will be included in that PM so I know who is doing what should anyone have any questions during the event itself. Myself and Bowtie are on two different time zone so chances are, at least one of us will be available for questions most of the time.

Tuning Deadline
Tuning time officially commences once FITT Old and New Challenge has ended. However, should you have finished your testing duties and you know your car, there is no reason why you can't get a jump on tuning your car.

Tuning commences on 7/6/15 for 13 days. All tunes must be submitted via your original PM to Bowtie and Myself by Saturday, 20 June 2015 at Midnight (wherever midnight is for your geographical location). All tunes will be checked for legality and pictures taken of your car for the event. (you do not need to provide images for this)

Once all cars have been checked over and are ready for publishing, Bowtie will publish them all in one go so they are easy to follow.

Testing
Testing officially begins once Bowtie has published all the tunes in their anonymised format. (Bowtie has created a document in which you upload your settings. Please use this form when submitting your tunes.

At this moment in time, testing will begin as early as the 21/6/15 although this date is flexible depending on any changes required which we identify from tunes submitted. If the testing date starts as previously stated, tuning deadline will be Sunday, 5 July 2015 by Midnight (wherever midnight is for you). This end date is also subject to change should it require any extension for any reason.

Any problems testers have when building tunes, PM both myself and Bowtie, we will contact the tuner and sort out any issues related to your query. We will be point of contact for tuners and testers alike for this competition.

If anyone feels brave enough to guess whose tune belongs to who once you have finished testing, feel free, we will mark you on your attempt. It seemed to be quite fun last time out so well try it again with this blind test.

Scoring
I only have one request when it comes to driver scoring, rate the DC based on your thoughts, feelings and how the car made you feel when driving it. Be honest, noone will feel hurt as the testers will not know whose car is whose when they are published. Also, please provide constructive feedback on the tune you have tested, whether it is positive or negative feedback for a particular tune.

Driver's choice - Each tester will score each tune on the scale listed below. Driver's choice scores will then be averaged across all testers. The maximum number of DC points that can be earned is ten points. Please choose driver's choice on a scale of 0.0 to 10.0.

Driver's choice scale:
10.0 among the best tunes you have driven in GT6
7 to 9 a great tune that could be a little faster if...
4 to 6 a good tune that needs a few adjustments to become a contender
Under 4 a tune that needs work (please be specific with feedback with any tunes listed here)

Average Lap Time will be calculated as per the normal system. The best lap time achieved will be added to the scoring sheet, added together with the rest of the lap times and divided by the total number of testers. That will be the average time scoringfor this event.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Tuner #1 - M3 Chrome Line @DaBomm4

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe @shaunm80

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR @Otaliema guessed by himself

Tuner #4 - M3 Coupe @chrisspeed281 guessed by @macdog54

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe @787bcgr

Tuner #6 - M3 Coupe @fordracer guessed by himself

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL @xande1959 guessed by @macdog54

Tuner #8 - M3 Chrome Line @ugabugaz guessed by @fordracer

Tuner #9 - Will Be MISSED

Tuner #10 - M4 Coupe Bowtie-muscle guessed by @Otaliema

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL @sinof1337

Tuner #12 - M4 Performance @Voodoovaj

Tuner #13 - M3 Chrome Line @brian wolf

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL @Motor City Hami

Tuner #15 - Not Submitted

Tuner #16 - M4 Coupe @coryclifford

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR @Brewguy44

Tuner #18 - M3 GTR @MrGrado

Last edited:
Tuning Template

Please use this when PMing me your tune as it will make things easier for me.
All you will need to do is copy/paste and then edit!
Thank you!

Paint:
Rims:
Caliper Paint: standard?

PP:
HP:
TORQUE:
WEIGHT:
WEIGHT DIST:
TIRE(S): Sports Medium

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Rigidity Improvement - No
Front Aero -
Wing - BANNED (ALLOWED FOR CHROME LINE ONLY!)
Flat Floor - BANNED

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // Brakes: Type?
RIDE HEIGHT -
SPRINGS -
COMP -
EXT -
ARB -
CAMBER -
TOE -
BRAKES -

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
-
TOP SPEED TO -
1ST -
2ND -
3RD -
4TH -
5TH -
6TH -
7TH -
FINAL -

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL -
ACCEL -
DECEL -

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate ONLY
CARBON SHAFT:

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Standard
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Standard
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO -
POWER LIMITER -

WEIGHT REDUCTION -
CARBON HOOD -
WINDOW WEIGHT -

BALLAST -
DOWNFORCE -

NOTE:

Last edited:
Final results:

So another FITT Challange is in the books. And this one was slightly different from previous challenges, as not only was there blind testing, but also blind tuning. Tuners were assigned cars to tune according to a blind draw, some got lucky and received the M3 CSL or GTR. Others were given the M3 Coupe, Chrome Line, M4 Coupe/M4 Performance, or the 135i. The 135i did seem to be off the pace and the 3 tuners who were assigned those, were given the option to change cars which were selected for them from the original draw. One tuner decided not to change and deserves kudos for sticking with it, although no tester was able to match his time while tuning. The field was dominated by a GTR but the CSLs put up a fight, the real scrum came from the rest of the field as you will see below.

Lap Time Average:
1st - Tuner #3 (GTR): 2:06.898
2nd - Tuner #11 (CSL): 2:07.074 (+0.176)
3rd - Tuner #7 (CSL): 2:07.552 (+0.653)

Honorable mention goes to the rest of the field, finishing positions 6-12 were separated by only 0.619. Close indeed.

Best in Show - Tuner #3 M3 GTR

Best Model - M3 CSL by tuners #11, #7 and # 14 taking positions 2-4 respectively.

Best in Class - M3 Coupe
Tuner #4 sweeping lap time finishing 6th overall and DC (Great job), also the first car not a GTR or CSL:tup:

Best in Class - M4 Coupe / M4 Performance
Tuner #10, finished 7th overall on time and 4th in DC 0.16 behind third. :dopey:

Best in Class - M3 Chrome Line
Tuner #13 sweeping lap time and DC, finished 10th on time. :)

Best in Class - 135i Coupe
Tuner #5, given the option to change and switch to an M3 Coupe, decided to stick with it. Congrats for your bravery :D

Best Battle - Positions 6-10, without the GTRs and CSLs, these would have been close podium finishes as they were separated by only 0.416. Tuner #4 would have been top dog. Spots 6-15 were separated by just over a second. :eek:

DC Scores:
1st - Tuner #3 GTR 9.29
2nd - Tuner #11 CSL 9.04
3rd - Tuner #2 M4 Coupe 8.94

3rd-6th were separated by only 0.30, close competition for the final podium.

Congrats goes out to all tuners for a fun and competitive challenge. Thank you all for participating.:)

Thanks goes to the long list of testers, great job done and thank you for putting in all the time and effort. Without you, these challenges go nowhere.:bowdown:

And a big thank you to @shaunm80 for putting this together and running a great challenge. Job well done being it was your first. You had me as a helper, but you did most of the heavy lifting and are prepared to do another on your own. :cool:

Last edited:
my choice is the BMW 135i Coupe '07
You don't get to choose which car. its going to be random.. :) You may get it though if you want to be in that group of cars when you get selected.

Because this will be your first FITT challenge, you can go in the draw for the M3 Coupe '07 or M3 Chrome Line if you want. I will defer this option to you as it is your first event.

cant wait hehe giv me a BMW noooow :lol:
Be patient.. :) You will get a lot of BMW's to test later on this month.

sorry i did not know that
No worries, its all in the first few posts what options you have available when tuning :) You will get much better at driving without TCS once you have done this event! It took me a little while to get use to it but it is paying dividends now.

I will be tentative for both tuner and tester right now, things are getting busy around here.
P.S. I haven't been on GT6 since posting my Miata seasonal tune.

All tunes are set at 525PP. No more, no less.
:(

BMW’s are known for being clean.
My tune will require a run out on a dirt track, Jeeps are never clean.
animated-smileys-vehicles-075.gif

Last edited:
I will be tentative for both tuner and tester right now, things are getting busy around here.
P.S. I haven't been on GT6 since posting my Miata seasonal tune.
I have put you down as tentative for the moment. I hope you find some time for this event. It should be good.

Thank you.. Love the M machines. This will be fun. Like the "twist".
I thought the twist would be quite interesting. Glad you are up to the challenge.

Back