FITT Miata Tuning Challenge

@DigitalBaka I've got the conversations rates plugged in note to make them work in formula and not get flustered with use. I'm rusty with excel and no experience with Google so taking me a bit too figure everything out, and my wife has her chest cold come back full force I'm taking care of her now too. This is a nasty bug.
Hell yes it is, brother. Take care of that lady. :)

I will need to look at what they allow as far as script enhancements, if any. Example, I want to disable entry of values for center diff if the drivetrain is not 4WD (which is a box I need to add, yes). I wanted to keep everything to one sheet to make copy/pasting easier, hence I have the validation as a list for each cell instead of referenced to a hidden sheet, but I think duplicating the entire doc works better so that limitation may be out of the way.

Is anyone finding this type of sheet or format useful? Obviously the new one isn't really filled out at the moment but does it seem easy to read or use? Open to thoughts since everyone will be able to use it once we get it nailed down.

@DigitalBaka I think the spreadsheet is pretty good and will be great for standardizing tunes, making it easier to read and keeping everything in one location. Doing a proto run for a future competition might shake out most of the issues if any.

Raise the front and low the rear. Then you will have a big gain of rotation without lowering the rear downforce. If you go too low with the rear ride height with my tune you´ll spin easy.
I´ll not make any kind of conclusion after this.... Some forbiden words like <BACKWARDS> are still in the mind of a lot of GTPlayers.... I still can smell the smoke of the short circuit that this word can produce in certain brains.
:lol::lol::crazy::boggled:

Thanks man! It sounds reasonable to me. I always find I have less grip when I lower ride height, probably because I like soft springs and a low ride height causes the suspension to hit the stops or something like that.

Hell yes it is, brother. Take care of that lady. :)

I will need to look at what they allow as far as script enhancements, if any. Example, I want to disable entry of values for center diff if the drivetrain is not 4WD (which is a box I need to add, yes). I wanted to keep everything to one sheet to make copy/pasting easier, hence I have the validation as a list for each cell instead of referenced to a hidden sheet, but I think duplicating the entire doc works better so that limitation may be out of the way.

Is anyone finding this type of sheet or format useful? Obviously the new one isn't really filled out at the moment but does it seem easy to read or use? Open to thoughts since everyone will be able to use it once we get it nailed down.

One if the biggest things I've found with spread sheets is if you want it easy to use, you have to have a hidden sheet that does all the work because of the massive amount of formulas needed.
For example the easiest way to work the center diff, tcd/ayc is to have them linked to hidden cells that are populated or blank based on another cell that is the trigger say a yes no cell to awd or a drive train cell. The more you do in a hidden sheet the cleaner the use sheet is. And the less chance of a problem as your not duplicating the formulas hundreds of times, just a few times.

Last edited:
My test results for SCCA Improved Touring..

Ridox2JZGTE
Time-1.36.178
DC-6
Good stability due to understeer which can force a throttle lift leading to oversteer-the understeer is mainly on corner entry-excellent traction.

DolHaus
Time-1.35.294
DC-6
Oversteer on throttle lift and when traction is needed on exit-can be fast if you have mighty throttle control!

krenkme
Time-1.34.838
DC-7
Showed promise to go even quicker but I could not improve-I had problems when braking with excellent initial stability suddenly changing to oversteer.

DaBomm4
Time-1.34.527
DC-7
This car feels to have a somewhat slow, lazy front end and a heavy feeling rear-if I had more time to learn the car then I think a really fast lap would come-using too much steering to help the lazy front can be lethal as that heavy rear pitches toward oversteer-superb traction.

jtqmopar
Time-1.34.013
DC-7
A quick car with a good balance biased toward oversteer-a little tricky to drive because it always wants to turn in more than I need it to, but....yeah...Quick!

Onboy123
Time-1.33.537
DC-8
My favourite car from this test with my quickest time-Onboy123, your weight figures don't work so I added Window WR and 6kg at position 0 (ok?)-very quick car-bit too much oversteer for me but the car maintains good traction compared to other oversteering cars-Impressive!

ACSR421
Time-1.34.650
DC-7
Similar to some other tune's here in that a car with 50/50 weight distribution and balanced toward understeer will have a lazy front and a heavy rear-and the heavy rear will pitch into oversteer if you try force the front end with more steering lock or deep braking-but the balance is real nice toward the middle of the corner-given more time this car could definitely go quicker.

Bowtie-muscle
Time-1.34.552
DC-7
Lazy front end-heavy rear-pin the front end down with the brakes and the rear steps out-a good laptime lurking within this car-excellent traction and mid corner balance.

Chipmonk77
Time-1.34.098
DC-7
Here is a 50/50 car balanced toward oversteer-driver has to be careful with steering inputs, but car rewards with precision-well balanced and quick.

HTR Tuning
Time-1.33.784
DC-7
Balanced toward oversteer giving more precision, less laziness-tricky to drive but it is certainly quick!

Lionheart2113
Time-1.34.165
DC-7
Lazy front and heavy rear due to tuner's chosen chassis balance in a understeer direction (which is ok by me!)- I found it a little difficult to set my best lap but it was quick in the end!

NEWDRIVER123
Time-1.34.237
DC-7
Precise with low understeer-well balanced- I just couldn't go faster!

Shaunm80
Time-1.34.913
DC-6
980kg!-excess weight hurt the lap times-gearing seems too high because I never needed 6th-too much understeer for me-good stability-good traction.

ugabugaz
Time-1.33.989
DC-7
Car has stability from understeer, but brake too deep and it pitches into oversteer-not so heavy feeling at rear as other understeering cars in this group, which allows it to break into the 1.33's!

I enjoyed driving all the cars in this group.

Regards,

Jules.

Last edited:
DaBomm4
Time-1.34.527
DC-7
This car feels to have a somewhat slow, lazy front end and a heavy feeling rear-if I had more time to learn the car then I think a really fast lap would come-using too much steering to help the lazy front can be lethal as that heavy rear pitches toward oversteer-superb traction.
Well, you could go back and learn the car more. Great feedback. :bowdown:

@jules283 Thank you for testing our cars and for your feedback. We appreciate the time and effort taken by all testers

Looks like myself and @Ridox2JZGTE suffered from FOTS (First on Track Syndrome) lol
Never mind, I have a feeling I took the cars too far anyway, made them faster for myself but potentially slower for others

jtqmopar
Time-1.34.013
DC-7
A quick car with a good balance biased toward oversteer-a little tricky to drive because it always wants to turn in more than I need it to, but....yeah...Quick!

Thanks for the review!

I'm not sure how you enter the first corner, but I found that you can bomb right in and late brake, letting the on-brake oversteer throw the car around the corner. It's also a blast around the esses and everywhere else on track. I also tuned out the "spinning in 4th gear around any corner" issue.

This is indeed a fun car to drive and tune for me. If not for the shootout, I never would have bought a standard Mazda roadster. Thanks, MCH!

Hey got a question I'm working on a conversion formula set for the tuning sheet and I want to make sure I cover the power measurements used in GT6. These are the pairings I have thus far from digging for SS's from posted tunes.
American HP/ft-lb
Metric international BHP/kgf-m
Metric CV/nM
Correct me on the name type for the lists as well if I have them wrong.
I know another way to measure engine power is Kw but I don't know what the force pairing for it is. Any information aout missing pairings, corrected names would be a great help. thanks

I did ten laps in each car...and yes FOTS is an issue because I kept improving in how I handled the cars.
I noticed that with the 50/50 cars chassis balance is critical.
It took me hours to do all this!
And there is not one bad tune in both classes I tested.
Well done to all...and sorry if my driving didn't suit your tune.
Jules.

@jules283 great lap. I messed up the parts list, that's all. Glad you liked it, and I knew I'd get at least one complaint about the oversteer! :lol:

ugabugaz
Time-1.33.989
DC-7
Car has stability from understeer, but brake too deep and it pitches into oversteer-not so heavy feeling at rear as other understeering cars in this group, which allows it to break into the 1.33's!

Thanks for the test!

Quick question, Could you elaborate on where you found the understeer to be present? All Over?
When I was tuning the car I was worried it had quite the opposite problem of being too loose.

About the brakes, That was left purely by choice as I felt it helped the car rotate, and consequently go faster through two sections in particular (First 2 Hard left handers and the hard-braking right hander after the long left hand loop)

Thanks again

Test settings: 10 laps, DFGT, ABS 1, Aids Off, Grip Real
Spec Miata Results

@DaBomm4 - 1'27.830 - DC 8

Easy drive,not too much to complain about. It did feel a but sluggish with quick direction changes and in the faster corners you did feel it was nose-heavy with a bit of understeer.

@Chipmonk77 - 1'28.193 - DC 6

More difficult to drive consistently; my early laps were all over the board. Seems to like braking in a straight line best though there aren't many places to do that efficiently. Definitely feel it snap into the turns when letting off the brakes. Good if I overcook it but on the unpredictable side. Does hold a nice line through the last corner though.

@bread82 - 1'28.089 - DC 7

Felt slower on the track. Quite squishy and had some issues with the continuous corners in the middle of the course and coming off the back straight. The left sweeper coming to the top loop also had some consistent understeer. Does not like to turn well under braking and has that same snap into the turn coming off the brake pedal.

@killerjimbag - 1'27.710 - DC 9

No particular complaints at all. Easy to drive and a mostly consistent feel all the way around. The one spot I found an issue was the goofy chicane on the back straight where the car would occasionally feel a little floaty coming into the braking zone. Great tune otherwise.

@backnfourth - 1'27.371 - DC 9

Definitely would count this among the best here. If I could have had some consistency in the last corner I may have dropped into the 26s but I just couldn't find a quick line without a bit of understeer showing up. Just enough to make that corner frustrating.

@JackWilson - 1'27.336 - DC 8

Quick from the start but two areas kept me from enjoying it more. First was that it seemed to want to push on straight in heavy braking zones, enough I had to brake slightly sooner. Secondly, I found myself occasionally fighting with the tail to keep it in line. Had a pretty spectacular spin out of turn 1 on the first lap. :embarrassed: Felt quite good in the last sector though.

@Bowtie-muscle - 1'26.836 - DC 8
Quick time but I had to work at it! In an ideal world I'd like the back end just a bit tighter. Felt like I was getting some slip angle through the second sector that was scrubbing some speed; happened occasionally through the last corner as well. I'd also like a bit more turn in for the first corner. Good drive if you put in the effort to push it. 👍

@HTR Tuning - 1'26.672 - DC 9

Easily the best feel through turn 1 so far. Don't know how it translated into time versus others but I could certainly put it where I wanted. Early laps were dicey through sector 2 until I got used to the (comparatively) lively rear end. The steering feel is great and I think the brakes are also good but I'd like to get my foot down a little faster on exit without having to tap the rear back into place. I will definitely keep this one to play around with.

@Harsk100 - 1'28.288 - DC 5

There's...uh...some untapped potential here? Since his ghost was up, I could stay within a half second or so of HTR at T2 but after the loop in sector 3...forget it. I lose 1.1 to the ghost in that sector alone. On the plus side, it's not hard to get used to driving. It's just not up to par in some important turns. Not sure if much effort was put in here looking at the tune but it could stand some adjustment.
@DozUk - 1'27.069 - DC 8

Overall quite neutral and easy to drive. In all corners I never really fought with under or oversteer. When I tried to really push it did start to show some tendency to let go of the rear. Never found a groove I liked in the last corner, felt like I had to slow more than I would like there.
@Ridox2JZGTE - 1'27'565 - DC 7

Put it on the right line and it will stay there but I had an overall impression of understeer. Brakes were good but hard as they were I didn't feel as much control over where I wanted to let off. The real killer was the last corner. I just had to pull up too much to keep a good line because of the understeer there.

Roadster Touring Car Results

I geeked out during GTAcademy and actually learned corner names. If you didn't, use this. @Tidgney is my unofficial mentor so a lot of what I do here I learned from watching him, though I'm nowhere near as fast. Check his YouTube channel for his GTA videos if you'd like course learning help.

@donpost - 2'06.702 - DC 8

No big complaints. Overall I was very consistent in this once I got used to it; my last 4 laps were all in the same .2 range as the best lap. Understeered in a few corners for me, mostly the high speed stuff like Abbey, Brooklands, and Copse (I still hate this corner :grumpy:).

@iainoflo85 - 2'06.558 - DC 8

Had a 41x on a dirty lap that I screwed up Copse so it can definitely go a little faster. Ran right after don's, his was faster after about 120mph and could keep up in most corners. Not sure the extra aero is doing anything for you on this track. Turn in was good at Abbey and Brooklands but fought some push at Copse. Braking was superb all around.

@kapnk006 - 2'06.843 - DC 7

Firstly, condolences on your dad's passing. Sounds like you two had some fun times playing together and I hope you feel this tune has done him proud. :cheers: On the tune I first have to say the brakes are all kinds of wrong for me. My normal style favors a more balanced approach than flinging it in and combined with the high LSD accel it was difficult to get used to. The steering was a redeemer over most of the circuit though. Stowe gave me problems with understeer the whole way around, especially coming off the high speed straight.

@krenkme - 2'07.094 - DC 6

*best Charlie Brown voice* AAAAUUUUUGH! I think Lucy pulled the football. Unfortunately the dominating impression is one of understeer. Brooklands and Luffield murdered my times repeatedly. Everything after Stowe was great but everything before was hit and miss.

@Otaliema - 2'07.642 (posted) - DC 7

Again, I think high downforce is sapping some time off with the long straights and not giving back much in the corners on this car. I liked the transmission, very much like what I would set as far as spacing. Steering felt good, progressive to the point where there was no more grip. Ran 5 more laps with the "correct" ballast and got about the same time though it felt a bit more agile through Maggotts/Becketts/Chapel.

@praiano63 - 2'05.914 - DC 10

Just me and the track. Never had think about the car because it went where I told it to go. Superb as usual my friend. I may experiment with lower downforce to see if I can eke out more top end on these long straights.

@xande1959 - 2'07.476 - DC 6

Car did not suit me well. I was fighting some understeer in the big sweeping turns but I think it was mostly the transmission I had a hard time getting used to. It could be shortened some for my use as I only touched fifth very briefly.

@Motor City Hami - 2'06.565 - DC 10

It helps that we have repeatedly proved you and I have similarities in our driving style and what we like a car to do. Once I found my points it was all attack and I knew the car would follow. I think you went the right way with the aero, or at least the way I would have. Also wonderfully consistent. Most of my fastest laps could fit in the space of a napkin.

@shaunm80 - 2'08.010 - DC 8

Got some PP left on the table. Drives well for the most part. very stable entry to Brooklands but Luffield right after was hit and miss. Copse was the same, never could hit that right or the same twice. I think the transmission is my biggest sticker here as it didn't seem to suit the track well. I was changing in places I normally might not and a couple corners I couldn't find the right gear.

Last edited:

Ridox2JZGTE
Time-1.36.178
DC-6
Good stability due to understeer which can force a throttle lift leading to oversteer-the understeer is mainly on corner entry-excellent traction.

Jules.

Looks like the front roll bar giving the car too much stability on entry, I should have added in the notes to throw the car around harder than usual when entering corner :) Thanks for testing the car 👍

Results for SCCA Spec Miata class.

A good group of cars with not much to choose between any of them. Oversteer and understeer the word of the day it seems for me!!

All cars ran for 10 laps. All aids off except for driving line and ABS1. Tested using DS3 (pad not stick) with Auto Transmission.

Ridox2JZGTE MX-5 Miata SR-Limited (NA, J) '97
Time - 1:27:680
DC - 7
Easy to get on the power. Good under braking. Understeer ever present though. May give this a try with the camber at 0 to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks Biffa3, looks like the car keeps getting understeer in review, something that never appeared when my friend tested it - I attached a replay on page 17 for reference, so far only downloaded twice. I tuned and tested with his input, the car was aimed at stable exit, as it was the main issue we found. 0 camber should give better result :)

Lionheart2113
Time-1.34.165
Lazy front and heavy rear due to tuner's chosen chassis balance in a understeer direction (which is ok by me!)- I found it a little difficult to set my best lap but it was quick in the end!.

Lowest DC score ever...a big fat nothin'!!!!:dopey: I knew it was crap, but it still had tires and a steering wheel, even if it felt like they weren't connected.:lol:

Just a reminder of the guidelines for Driver's choice scoring.

Driver's choice - Each tester will score each tune on the scale listed below. Driver's choice scores will then be averaged across all testers. The maximum number of DC points that can be earned is ten points. Please choose driver's choice on a scale of 0.0 to 10.0.

Driver's choice scale:
10.0 among the best tunes you have driven in GT6
7 to 9 a great tune that could be a little faster if...
4 to 6 a good tune that needs a few adjustments to become a contender
Under 4 a tune that needs work (please be specific with feedback with any tunes listed here)

Thanks for the test!

Quick question, Could you elaborate on where you found the understeer to be present? All Over?
When I was tuning the car I was worried it had quite the opposite problem of being too loose.

About the brakes, That was left purely by choice as I felt it helped the car rotate, and consequently go faster through two sections in particular (First 2 Hard left handers and the hard-braking right hander after the long left hand loop)

Thanks again

Hi
Your car only under steered on initial turn in...after that it was great!

SCCA Improved Touring Miata Tuners

@Ridox2JZGTE Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98

Laptime;1:37.770 Drivers Choice; 7

Impressions of the tune; I found this car very easy to control but at the same time I had a hard time keeping the rotation under control in the high speed corners I found myself sliding a lot. Careful use of throttle is required to keep the tail in check in the high speed and very low speed corners on the track. It did what I told it too without hesitation, Other than it wanting to kick the tail out, I only found it to have a little bit of understeer at low speeds otherwise this was a great drive on the track.

@DolHaus Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '00

Laptime;1:36.648 Drivers Choice; 7

Impressions of the tune; This car was driven as much with the throttle and brakes as the steering, once I got the hang of it it was a great car on the track, it rotated very well and was fairly stable, I ran into issues with BLOR going into the mid speed sweepers and the hairpin after the long straights

@krenkme Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '00

Laptime;1:35.706 Drivers Choice;7

Impressions of the tune; This was a fun car, just twitchy enough to keep me on my toes and make me want to keep driving it, but not so twitchy that it frustrated me. Took me a few extra laps from my normal to put a run in that I was happy with but once I did it logged the second fastest time thus far. Felt great good braking and acceleration stability, it would get loose in the esses due to the weight transfer, just a bit too soft on the springs, it also had a fair bit of understeer at low speed so the hairpin was a challenge.

@DaBomm4 Mazda MX-5 Miata 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04

Laptime;1:35.339 Drivers Choice;8

Impressions of the tune; This a great car to drive, rotation was good, wheel spin was non-existent, Was stable in corners and under acceleration. I encountered problems when I had to high speed brake the car, it was only stable in a completely straight line, trail braking was not an option with this car in the mid speed or higher turns.

@jtqmopar Mazda MX-5 Miata 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04

Laptime; 1:39.328 Drivers Choice; 7

Impressions of the tune; This car and I don’t get along, too different in driving style I thinks. I’m not any good at countersteer driving. Here is what I found. The car is stable and fast, the H-RPM turbo really worked well, it turns in wonderfully, it’s very stable under braking, and straight line acceleration. Trail breaking and corner acceleration is where i ran into my problems it liked to swing the tail out, the few turns I managed to hold it right it was really fast in the corner, but I personally couldn’t keep it together for an entire lap on my controller.

@Onboy123 Mazda MX-5 Miata 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04

Laptime;1:36.619 Drivers Choice; 6

Impressions of the tune; The car was quick, and responsive, it was stable under full throttle. It suffered from understeer issues and braking stability problems. I was able to stabilize the car under braking by using throttled braking, where I would input just a little 10-20% or so throttle while braking, once I started doing that the car became very stable and turned very well, I’m just not practiced at this driving style so it was hard for me to pull a clean lap. I also had corner exit issues if i got on the gas to fast i found myself spinning out.

@ACSR421 Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

Laptime; 1:36.944 Drivers Choice; 7

Impressions of the tune; This is a quick car, it was faster at the start/finsh line than anyone else to this point, but this speed came at a price of braking and cornering stability careful braking and cornering was required to not put this in the dirt or spin it out on every turn, the outside wheel spin made hitting the exit’s hard, it is very quick when you do get it right but this counter balenced with the need for slower entry speeds.

@Bowtie-muscle Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

Laptime;1:36.064 Drivers Choice; 8

Impressions of the tune; Fast and stable. It was well balanced with no noticable under or oversteer issues, I didn’t slide much and when I did recovery was very easy. There was some weight transfer issues with the lower speed corners that I needed to throw the car around, but that was easily managed with the throttle. The limiting factor on this was the transmission was a bit short so had to run higher gear than i wanted for some of the corners and I was boucning the RPM’s on the front straight.

@Chipmonk77 Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

Laptime;1:37.148 Drivers Choice; 7

Impressions of the tune; This is a good car overall, the tail would slide out under heavy acceleration or trail braking. Held any line I asked it to and did what I told to. Just had to nurse the gas and brakes a lot slowing me down quite a bit.

@HTR Tuning Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

Laptime;1:37.136 Drivers Choice; 8

Impressions of the tune; This is a very well done, my time doesn’t show it because it’s not my style of driving. I couldn’t control the outside wheel spin well enough to put a perfect run together,the slight oversteer tuning makes this car very fast, it’s stable in the corners and quick off the line. Great braking stability.

@Lionheart2113 Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

Laptime;1:35.814 Drivers Choice; 8

Impressions of the tune; Great tune well balanced, the suspension gives slight understeer which is balanced with the LSD settings. The transmission was smooth. It will do what you tell it to do for better or worse. It did have a nose heavy feel to it other wise it was a pleasure to drive the car.

@NEWDRIVER2 Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

Laptime;1:35:301 Drivers Choice; 9

Impressions of the tune; I know you said in your tune post she wasn't the fastest one at the ball, but she was for me. Stable and easy to drive. drive it in hard on the turns, ease the gas on and you’re gone like a shot to the next to turn. Don't throw it through the turn or you’re power sliding which is manageable in this car. It did have a slightly nose heavy feel in the slow speed turns and it didn’t like the last chicane threw me into the wall a few times. This car will work on just about any line on the track except in the last chicane, it has one line it likes and the rest spin your or throw you.

@shaunm80 Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

Laptime;1:36.158 Drivers Choice;8

Impressions of the tune; Great car very stable, rotation was spot on, transmission was smooth but long I stopped using 6th gear all together after the 4th lap i wasn’t in it long enough to justify the shift time. The added weight in the nose really helped manage the oversteer that the suspension was causing. made for a great smooth drive.

@ugabugaz Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

Laptime;1:35.873 Drivers Choice; 8

Impressions of the tune; Good solid car, takes very well to throwing it in hard or taking the slow in fast out approach to racing. It did feel a little tail heavy under heavy long braking and wanted to twist and slide near the end of the braking, once I got that under control the time started dropping on the laps. It did have a tad bit of understeer in the mid-speed corners forcing a tighter inside line than I normally run.

Hello guys,
results of my test Street Touring Roadster !!!
not having much time and saw that there was quite a test setup I only make 8 LAPS for each adjustment
the comments made are just my impression and not a criticism
a nice car lot and I really enjoyed a test
thank you to all Tuners for this remarkable work 👍

-without aid, ABS 1, DS3

12965961573_f093764be7_b.jpg

SCCA Improved Touring Miata

Track: Apricot Hill (2.40mi)

Track Settings: Grip Reduction = Real

Driving Setup: DS3, D-pads, “X” throttle, square brake, & Automatic transmission

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

Ridox2JGTE
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8RS (NB,J) '98
Time: 1:34.638
Drivers Choice: 7.0

The car was too tight for me from apex thru exit and had a high chance of locking up the brakes going into turn 1. I can only conclude that Ridox and I have 2 totally different driving styles/setups.:confused:

DolHaus
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800RS (NB,J) '00
Time: 1:34.235
Drivers Choice: 7.5

Snug going into the turns; was difficult finding the perfect line, but if you did manage to, the rotation thru the center was good. Sometimes a little too good, on the hard u-turn I could stop touching the d-pad and the car would still be turning. Feathering the brakes to avoid lock up is also key.

Krenkme
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800RS (NB,J) '00
Time: 1:33.938
Drivers Choice: 8.0

Almost the same feel as DolHaus except the rear was planted more on corner exit making it more comfortable. It took a lot of steering input at high speed before the rear would lose grip. Enjoyable ride....this "old cat" still has a few lives!:lol:

DaBomm4
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1600 NR-A (NB,J) '04
Time: 1:32.649
Drivers Choice: 10.0

This car was amazing!! I remember, when driving this, trying to figure out if there was anything I could find wrong with the car...before I knew it I was already onto the next lap. This car would drive itself. Just a tad on the snug side overall, but that's probably down to me.:bowdown:

jtqmopar
Time: 1:33.714

Nothing really wrong with the setup. I thought it was pretty neutral, the only thing would be the Turbo. I don't think I'm getting everything out of it which hurts my time, but it was easy to drive.

Onboy123
Time: 1:32.727
Drivers Choice: 9.5

Onboy, Onboy, Onboy....your tune put me in a difficult position. It was so close between yours and DaBomm's. This tune is practically flawless, you could point the tires and the rest of the car would follow. It was very responsive. The only thing was, just a tad squirrelly on the heavy braking. That's it...Awesome Job!:bowdown:

ACSR421
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800RS (NB,J) '04
Time: 1:34.020

Only 2 small issues with this tune, loose under hard braking and would slide when transferring weight through the chicane. If the chicane is done perfectly, you can def. get a better time, but I struggled. Still a fast car and could do well on other tracks.

Bowtie-muscle
Time: 1:33.348
Drivers Choice: 8.5

Stable car. Has a chance to be a handful under hard braking as soon as you turn the wheel (or press the dpad), but other than that this car was pretty good. When going into "attack mode" you could actually feel and hear the car saying..."Ok now, that's enough!" And that would be the end of it. Nice Job!👍

Chipmonk77
Time: 1:33.968

This car slides around a bit, but nothing major or more than what you can control with throttle. The only thing was the chicane, it felt sluggish when shooting up the hill killing my speed leading up to the fastest part of the track.

HTR Tuning
Time: 1:34.020

Slides loose from apex through corner exit. It shows more when on the sweeping u-turn. My time was greatly reduced trying to align myself to take the last chicane quickly. Do it right and you are super man, do it wrong, and you're picking kitty litter from the grill.

Lionheart2113
Time: 1:33.351

Lots of tire squeel going through the turns. I thought it was because of me pushing the tires to the limit, which it kinda is, but scrubbing off speed costing tenths here and there. Stable, but over-adjusted to try and fix the loose off condition. And will always be a reminder to tune with Grip Reduction set to Real...what a jack-🤬

NEWDRIVER123
Tune: 1:33.929

Likes to push as soon as you turn the wheel and snug through the center. The slow reaction is what killed my time through the chicane. Just overall a little too tight for me, but still a good time.

shaunm80
Tune: 1:34.924

This tune isn't too bad. And for being 55kg too fat, it handled pretty well. Standard issues, little tight coming into the turn and can be loose on exit. The only thing I noticed was the long 2nd & 3rd gear. I'm not sure what it does for manual users, but it slaughtered my time because it remained at mid RPM's throughout most of the lap.

ugabugaz
Tune: 1:33.739

The front end was confusing to me. Under heavy braking the front would lose grip and the back end was screaming "Go, Go, Go!" but on decel (coasting) the front would turn on a dime (sometimes too good) leaving the rear end to play catch up. Running around at 90% was good for me, because there are too many chances for error when in 100% attack mode. A setup for those pros who can hit their marks lap after lap without fail. Congrats on your sub 1:33, ugabugaz, you must be one of those drivers!

Edit: Added HTR Tuning time and feedback. Sorry!:dunce:

Last edited:
@Lionheart2113 : Looks like we really do have different driving/tuning style ( my co driver included ) :) It's a splendid time at 1:34s 👍 as the car also still uses stock transmission. My mates when tested the car almost never use full braking force when closing on the apex, so it's trail braking that makes the difference. I decided with stiffer front roll bar thinking that it may be easier on testers hand, with softer roll bar, the car would be much looser, which worries me as it's easy to get loose under braking and exit. So I went with safer route. I think I used 1/4 and 1/5 ARB on early version, if you want to try that on your own risk :lol:

If I remember correctly, I got 1:33s with no ABS.

JackWilson... thank you, one of my preferred race 👍 ;)

Shaumn80 ...!!! your adjustment Roadster Touring Car for Silverstone is 493 PP :odd: when it should be 500 PP...
an error may be ??

@Lionheart2113 : Looks like we really do have different driving/tuning style ( my co driver included ) :) It's a splendid time at 1:34s 👍 as the car also still uses stock transmission. My mates when tested the car almost never use full braking force when closing on the apex, so it's trail braking that makes the difference. I decided with stiffer front roll bar thinking that it may be easier on testers hand, with softer roll bar, the car would be much looser, which worries me as it's easy to get loose under braking and exit. So I went with safer route. I think I used 1/4 and 1/5 ARB on early version, if you want to try that on your own risk :lol:

If I remember correctly, I got 1:33s with no ABS.

Ah, trail braking! There is the difference. I'm not a huge fan/user of it due to lack of braking control the square button gives. Yes, I could use L2 or R2, but I'm sooo close at convincing the wife that I would simply die without a steering wheel and mic!:lol:

Donpost...!!! your adjustment Roadster Touring Car for Silverstone is 450 PP :odd: when it should be 500 PP...
an error may be ??

For those tuners who took on Matterhorn, I have the utmost respect for you. Fast or slow, it doesn't matter! I've been on the track for license events and maybe a seasonal, but nothing like this, and now I understand...

image.jpg

No explanation needed, really. I guess my "Hulk Smash" approach might need some finesse. But I think I know the problem...
image.jpg

I'm not going to say who's tune I was using for learning the track, but the right front tire isn't attached, it seems to lose rims, and the rear bar is puncturing the tire! And who says GT6 doesn't possess ground breaking graphics? Of course they probably weren't counting on complete morons like me!
But.....
image.jpg

Not a single headlight or window scratched or broken. I think due to this, I'm going to stop the testing for a couple of days and read a book on "How to Drive"....ok, maybe more than 1.

@seb15000 , mind elaborating on the gearbox issue? What didn't work? Were you not able to get the ratios or were they too long for the track?

Latest Posts

Back