FITT Miata Tuning Challenge

@Michelin what happened with my tune, 4 secs off! Wow......thanks for testing though. We all appreciate your time in doing the testing.

I remember having some understeer on the entry and huge oversteer on the exit, so it was quite hard to attack the turn and exit the turn... I think your car was one of the most car I run (about 12-13 laps) and I couldn't get better than that. I would improve on one sector, then lose everyone that I won on the next and on the last one I woudn't gain nothing, so it was quite hard... My bad man. :scared:

I remember having some understeer on the entry and huge oversteer on the exit, so it was quite hard to attack the turn and exit the turn... I think your car was one of the most car I run (about 12-13 laps) and I couldn't get better than that. I would improve on one sector, then lose everyone that I won on the next and on the last one I woudn't gain nothing, so it was quite hard... My bad man. :scared:
Thank you, I know it is not the best and some others have had struggles, so I cannot complain.

Uh…is it me or have the times for the later results not been added yet? Are you waiting for the remaining results to come in before updating?

Ok, I didn't catch that. I knew that DigitalBaka said he will not be submitting results for Improved Touring or Street Touring.

FITT Miata Tuning Challenge by MCH - Roadster Touring Car Class Testing Results
Track: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit 3.66 miles
Tester: kapnk006
Controller Setup: Logitech GT Pro Steering Wheel, 200 degree rotation, manual transmission
Controller Sensitivity:4
All aids off except ABS: 1
Test Methodology: Qty (2) x 12 lap sessions per car, 24 laps total per car

@donpost Time - 2.06.644 DC - 9.1
My favorite car of the test because it's closer to fitting my driving style. Its works better in high speed corners than all the rest. My data analysis (see end of this post) suggests that I was able to get it to accelerate 2nd fastest during it's fastest recorded lap. Able to steer a bit with throttle which I love but wished for a tiny bit of trail brake ability. I was able to predict and recover from rear tire kick-out with ease in the slow corners. Loved the ability to take it out of the Vale chicane in a four wheel drift with no loss of time..... an awesome sensation! I struggled to figure out what the best gear was (2nd too short and 3rd too tall) in the Luffield carousel. In my 2nd session of 12 laps I was getting much more confident to really attack lap times. It needs a taller 5th gear on the long back straight going into Stowe which may have given it 1-2 more mph. Pushes a bit on mid speed corner exits, but a joy drive, congrats!

@iainoflo85
Time - 2.06.373 DC - 8.0
This car just does everything well. My data analysis (see chart end of post) shows that I was able to pilot it through corners faster than the @praiano63 car during it's fastest lap. Seems to under steer at bit in mid speed corners. BLOR was smoother than others with not as much of a pronounced "jerky" steering re-direction at the point of car rotation like some other cars in the test. Able to throttle hard out of slow speed corners and recover from the tail kicking out as well. I'd like to have even more power to the back wheels to steer with it a bit more but that's just me. The gearing and shift points matched the track better than most of the other tunes which contributed to it's high speed corner rank during it's fast lap. Brilliant tune, congratulations!

@kapnk006
Time - 2.05.973 DC - 8.0
This car fits my driving style, and it should because I selfishly tuned it for me….! After driving the other 8 competitors cars it is easy to understand the low DC scores its getting, but I expected that. I knew it's learning curve would be longer and not realistic to learn how to drive fast within the time frame of this test. I like to trail brake and steer with throttle (and my deceased father whom I dedicated this car to loved to watch me from behind do that!) so that's what I created. I have at least 100 more laps with my car at Silverstone than any other in this test, so if my placement here prevents someone else onto podium spot, I am happy to withdraw my testing report for this car class.

@krenkme
Time - 2.07.510 DC - 7.0
Seems like it has a bit of oversteer on low speed corner entrance. I looked for inspiration when driving this car and found it fun to try and find where to shave more off of the lap time. With throttle applied it has noticeable under steer just about everywhere. I really had to work hard to discover where it can be fast and finally figured out that you can use 1st gear to help rotate, then get on the throttle earlier than most in 3 or 4 of the corners. A short shift to 2nd gear seemed to improve acceleration. This is a safe ride with lots of white laps.

@Otaliema
Time - 207.126 DC - 7.0
A Solid Safe Tune. You can really accelerate out of the low speed corners more than almost any other car with confidence. Had some understeer on mid speed corner exit. BLOR was not as effective as others but it was smoother and a bit more realistic nonetheless. I'd prefer more trail braking and throttle steering but that's just me. My data analysis suggests that I was able to brake this car better than most during my fastest recorded lap with it.

@praiano63
Time - 2.05.859 DC - 9.0
This car is good. This car scares me. I feel like I am playing a video game when driving this car. The BLOR is so pronounced and seems so unrealistic. If your able to BLOR the car into Copse (see map), even there the car rotation is somewhat violent, even at that high of a speed. Pushes a little bit in the Luffield carousel but applying throttle steered it back into shape. I had a harder time steering this with the throttle than @donpost 's car because this cars tires broke loose with less warning which also needed to be accomplished higher in the rpm range. Gearing worked together with the Track better than most as the car always seemed to be making best use of its powerband. My data analysis (see end of post) during it's best hotlap ranked #1 in acceleration but lacking a in top speed. This car just doesn't fit my style of driving even though it's the fastest around the circuit and one of the easiest to drive fast. With some experimenting on my part it may end up being my favorite 500pp car of all time. Wish it had more trail braking and throttle steering like some other competitors had. But I will use this tune as a learning tool for months to come. Congrats Mr. P !

@xande1959
Time - 2.07.571 DC- 7.0
A solid tune with the ability to steer a little bit with the throttle which I like. The gearbox was the biggest challenge....I just didn't know what gear to be in in some cases. But surprising enough my data analysis chart shows I was able to get it to accelerate better than most during it's best hotlap. This tune has a longer learning curve than many of the others because of the gearing. I know I can drive it faster than if I had more time behind the wheel.

@Motor City Hami
Time - 2.06.289 DC- 8.0
An easy car to pilot that does everything well. A small amount of understeer just about everywhere. The sound of of the tires slipping on corner exit is an odd thing during many corner exits, but it gave me good feedback and the perception that I was always operating in the best part of the powerband. My data analysis chart shows it was 2nd fastest in top speed during it's best hotlap. I felt like 5th gear needed to be a bit taller because the rev's were at redline a moment too long on the long backstretch going into Stowe. That may have yielded an additional 1-2 mph there. I think I could contend this car for the #1 fastest lap if I could trail brake a bit and maybe a click more throttle steering ability to better fit my driving style. I came close to nailing a mid 2:05 lap time but pitched it in the last chicane. A solid performer!

@shaunm80
Time - 2.07.845 DC- 6.0
I really struggled to find speed in the mid and high speed corners. Even though there is understeer in low speed corners you can can stomp on the throttle full max on exit earlier than almost all others. It just has understeer everywhere and an unusual gearbox to make a run at a fast hotlap impossible. A safe ride but wish there was at least some trail braking and throttle steer to keep it interesting and more fun to drive.

fitt-miata-touring-car-data-collection-001.gif

Last edited:
I won't be able to finish this testing. I've driven 2 of the cars and I don't have enough free time to get through all of the rest.
I mentioned this to MCH.

That's ok. Thank you for your participation. We had a very strong turn out for both tuners and testers.

These are the people that still have to submit results:
Spec Miata and Improved Touring
@Motor City Hami
Street Touring
@iainoflo85

Roadster Touring Car
@backnfourth @Harsk100

The results that are not in the spreadsheet yet are:

I will not be able to complete Improved Touring. I am doing Spec Miata. I built my own last night and spend a few hours learning the track. I will now also have a great base line for what is capable with these cars.

Updating results now.

Four seconds is an awful lot of difference for a car that has been among the leaders the whole way. I would suggest that you are sure about your results. Make sure that there were no typos in the lap time and maybe rerun the car for three laps to re-confirm your results. It is just a really big difference from the other testers so let's double check so that we don't wrongly effect the podium. If you re-run for three laps and get the same results, then everyone can rest easy that the results are correct.

Four seconds is an awful lot of difference for a car that has been among the leaders the whole way. I would suggest that you are sure about your results. Make sure that there were no typos in the lap time and maybe rerun the car for three laps to re-confirm your results. It is just a really big difference from the other testers so let's double check so that we don't wrongly effect the podium. If you re-run for three laps and get the same results, then everyone can rest easy that the results are correct.
I totally agree with MCH. With all of your other times being right up there with the fastest, that is a huge gap. I know us testers have a lot to go through and sometimes it can get tedious and mundane. There were a few I had to retest either because they were the first ones out, or I left something off/on the car from the previous tune and didn't check the stats. Easily done. But you could be right and just really struggled with it. I had my issues with some....

I believe that all test driver results are now entered into the official scoring sheet. Test drivers, please double check that I did not miss you.

Here are the current leaders as of this point in time. All test results are due by this Sunday at Midnight. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...allenge-one-week-to-test.303511/#post-9366694

SCCA Spec Miata Leaders:
Lap Time:
@backnfourth
@HTR Tuning
@DoxUK

Driver's Choice:
@backnfourth
@DaBomm4
@JackWilson and @Bowtie-muscle

SCCA Improved Touring Leaders:
Lap Time:
@Onboy123
@DaBomm4
@Lionheart2113

Driver's Choice:
@Onboy123
@DaBomm4
@Lionheart2113

Street Touring Leaders:
Lap Time:
@Motor City Hami
@Onboy123
@JackWilson

Driver's Choice:
@Motor City Hami
@Ronald6
@ACSR421

Touring Car Leaders:
Lap Time:
@praiano63
@iainoflo85
@kapnk006

Driver's Choice:
@praiano63
@Motor City Hami
@iainoflo85

Hi guys,
I want to congratulate all the Tuners for their excellent work and all Testers with great detailed analysis 👍
event FITT very interesting perspective GT6 tuning and human relationship :)
thank you to Mr Hami organization :bowdown:
hate to see the next !!!
has soon :cheers:

Last edited:
congratulate the testers would be little, one award for dedication in support of the events testing so many cars that are not competent, can not distinguish the good to very good, it contributes to the variety of tunings, seeking to improve the performance of thousands of players GT6. I'ma example, started playing at age 44 because they did not have time always working, but today I feel Privileged, to be participating in these events FITT.seria a treat once in a while we score some runs for fun. congratulate all tuners and testers.:cheers::gtpflag:

Damn, looks like the last few good results weren't good enough to take 1st off MCH. Tsk. *goes outside and flips a few tables* Bleh, podium finish is podium finish, I'll take every one I can get. :lol: Good competition, we should do a few more car oriented ones, I think.

Edit: Just checked…looks like I managed a 2nd in lap times…but wound up 13th in driver's choice? :odd: How does that work out? Certainly is a first, I think, since it's normally a case of "fast cars are nice to drive" and the DC rankings reflected the laptimes…I wonder what went wrong here.

Last edited:
Awesome job Hami, congrats to the tuners who had the best results. Hats off to the tester's. Great fun for a first timer and looking forward to the next session.

Edit: Just checked…looks like I managed a 2nd in lap times…but wound up 13th in driver's choice? :odd: How does that work out? Certainly is a first, I think, since it's normally a case of "fast cars are nice to drive" and the DC rankings reflected the laptimes…I wonder what went wrong here.

It is a a typo on the results spreadsheet. On the spreadsheet biffa dc for you is 1.0 and in his and in his post it shows a dc of 10. Im on my phone so I can't link everything easily right now. Double check it and let MCH know

It is a a typo on the results spreadsheet. On the spreadsheet biffa dc for you is 1.0 and in his and in his post it shows a dc of 10. Im on my phone so I can't link everything easily right now. Double check it and let MCH know
Yup, that's the case here. :lol:

@Motor City Hami , oi, don't try fudging results, shoving me to the back of the pack like that is so mean. :(

Go fix it. :P

Last edited:
I thought I had read somewhere within the FITT rules about a Onboy handicap? As you move from punk kid teenager toward maturing adult, you are getting to fast for the rest of us. :sly:
Where dis rule be, I'mma smack dat rule maker silly wif mah yoof! Powaaa of da young~!!![/incomprehensible txtspk] :dopey:

Either way, I won't have been able to top your results…and here I was hoping I could get lucky like I did with the RS4s. :lol: Ah well, there's always next time.

Back