FITT Miata Tuning Challenge

Evil double post but I need too sorry.

Roadster Touring Car Tuners

@donpost Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Lap time;2:09.917 Drivers choice;6

Impressions of the tune; This tune and I did not get along. My braking style leading into a corner was not good to this car it refused to turn while under braking. The car rotated extremely well with throttle use as well during acceleration and coasting. It was a bit jumpy when you let off the brakes it just changed directions. Once I got used to the tune I was able to put a very nice a lap together but I had to put in more laps than most other tunes to learn it. Top speed and acceleration seemed a little low it just stopped acceleration at 215 km/h.

@iainoflo85 Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Lap time;2:09.861 Drivers choice; 6

Impressions of the tune;The car was stable in straight aways and fairly stable in the corners. I did have problems with outside tire spin in low speed corners. The understeer that inherent to the car caused a push to the outside of every corner on the track, the slight oversteer the LSD created helped the car go faster through the corners but created a slight exit issue if I got on the gas too soon I would fishtail the car. It was very fast through the high speed sweepers and mid speed corners. Weight transfer was not an issue so the chicanes were easy to navigate.

@kapnk006 Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Lap time;2:11.167 Drivers choice; 7

Impressions of the tune; This is a solid tune, but not my cup of tea, took me more laps to learn this tune than any other, and even then I know I was leaving time on the track. The slip control was fantastic,I never put a totally clean lap together with this car, so this is my best lap I could do. I think the rear wing was a mistake as even at min setting it slowed the car a little more than the stock wing would have. The car was stable in the slide, wheel spin was perfect for drift or semi-drift running, I’m not a drift racer at all. Precise throttle and brake control is required with this car far more than my old mostly busted up DS3 can provide me. I will be coming back to this tune once I get a new controller or a wheel I want to see just how low it can go.

@krenkme Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Lap time;2:11.643 Drivers choice; 8

Impressions of the tune; This tune took some figuring out. once I had it down it was fast, I had to be extremely aggressive with lines and throttle use. It was very stable and took quite well to short heavy braking and heavy throttle from the apex on. I found the weight transfer in the chicane section to be a problem it didn’t like being thrown from one direction to another that quickly and rolled a lot.

@Otaliema Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Lap time;2:08.603 Drivers choice;7

Impressions of the tune;I ran my tune right after I ran praiano63’s tune was ran. So I saw all the flaws in my tune. Understeer in every corner, a little too stable in braking, sluggish at top end. Solid as I remember it being, I hadn’t run it since I posted it. The transmission was good, stayed in power band, the power oversteer worked well up to a point then it turned to power understeer. The rear wing was a bad idea it just slowed the car down from the stock wing. As for my time I think that's just familiarity with it.

@praiano63 Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Lap time;2:07.803 Drivers choice;10

Impressions of the tune; Solid, fast, very fast, it was kicking …. and taking names. I actually had problems pulling a clean lap because the car was so responsive and didn’t have the characteristic understeer that I have come to expect with the roadsters, kept clipping corners lol. Great job man great job :bow:

@xande1959 Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Lap time;2:09.496 Drivers choice;8

Impressions of the tune; Quick, responsive. I found this car was light on it’s feet and fast to jump. For better or worse it did what I told it too. I did find the corner exit understeer a little much. I did see some front end rolling in the long higher speed corners, could feel it bouncing and scrubbing speed. The transmission felt a tad long at first, all gears remained in the power band of the car so acceleration was not an issue. it was the fastest car on the straights of the group pushing 230kp/h consistently on the back.

@Motor City Hami Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Lap time;2:10.258 Drivers choice; 8

Impressions of the tune; Good tune, solid responsive. Did what you wanted, trail braking was a dream in this car, stable under braking. I did have a few tire spins if i smashed the gas at the apex otherwise never had slide or spin out problems. I did feel the understeer that was present in the tune required a noticeable adjustment to line and throttle use. I always found myself drifting to the outside of every corner.

@shaunm80 Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Lap time;2:10.631 Drivers choice; 6

Impressions of the tune; Good solid tune.There was just a underlying understeer present through corner entry to the apex of the turn, forcing a slower entry through the apex, the car ate up the exits of the turns for breakfast, never had any sliding issues or tire spin problems. The transmission while smooth and well spaced was a tad on the on long side I never actually shifted into 5th gear. I just couldn’t get it to go faster than this.

Three more times for @kapnk006 @krenkme and @Otaliema . Five was ambitious to think I would get done but now that I know the WRS this week will kill me I think I can get all 4 remainders tomorrow.

I believe that all test driver results are now entered into the official scoring sheet. Test drivers, please double check that I did not miss you. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...llenge-one-week-to-test.303511/#post-9366693]

Hi I was just checking the results spreadsheet and noticed that my drivers choice for @DigitalBaka 's review was entered on the results sheet as 7 but in the review it was marked as 8 (I need all the points I can get ha).

Again, I would really like to thank everyone involved in this, especially MCH for doing such a wonderful job organising and keeping on top of this challenge and to all the test drivers who have given so much of their time to make sure the challenge keeps momentum and interest. It's a great community, the beginners event drew me in as I've never attempted to learn the basics of tuning and I'm so glad I entered. This is my 'goto' thread which I come back and visit all of the day and I'm learning so much just from reading the contributions from you guys.

Many thanks

Doz

Evil double post but I need too sorry.

Roadster Touring Car Tuners

@praiano63 Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Lap time;2:07.803 Drivers choice;10

Impressions of the tune; Solid, fast, very fast, it was kicking …. and taking names. I actually had problems pulling a clean lap because the car was so responsive and didn’t have the characteristic understeer that I have come to expect with the roadsters, kept clipping corners lol. Great job man great job :bow:
Thanks for the test.Very happy with the results of course, but something let me not so happy in all this.
The only reason that my car is faster than the others is because i'm using the so famous ride height glitch that PD carry since GT5. They had just shut it down for a while because they wasn't able to fix it but here he comes again.
The reason that this don´t let me happy is because all this blablabla : GT6 have an all new physic program, totally made from scratch..... blablablabla, i don´t believe this anymore.
This glitch is the prove. For me they just add some few new things ,like tires and news springs with more travel..... But the rest is just the same. GT5 was even better in a lot of things, like online rooms.
I feel cheated by you Mr Kazunori Yamauchi.

Hi I was just checking the results spreadsheet and noticed that my drivers choice for @DigitalBaka 's review was entered on the results sheet as 7 but in the review it was marked as 8 (I need all the points I can get ha).

Again, I would really like to thank everyone involved in this, especially MCH for doing such a wonderful job organising and keeping on top of this challenge and to all the test drivers who have given so much of their time to make sure the challenge keeps momentum and interest. It's a great community, the beginners event drew me in as I've never attempted to learn the basics of tuning and I'm so glad I entered. This is my 'goto' thread which I come back and visit all of the day and I'm learning so much just from reading the contributions from you guys.

Many thanks

Doz

Thanks Doz. I will correct the typo. It is really helpful to have additional eyes on the score sheet to catch things like that.

I am super happy with this competition. The beginner class has been really cool to watch and I can't wait to test drive for that group. Plus, I cannot believe the efforts of the test drivers. This is a ton of cars to build, drive and write up, without car sharing.

The only let down for me was the photo mode competition. Getting sick last week knocked me out for 5 days. Let's do a FITT photo mode competition with the next one.

the so famous ride height glitch that PD carry since GT5.

praiano - two things. First, you are the best tuner on GT Planet. You are still my benchmark... my nemesis... and my teacher in some ways. Your domination of the Touring Car class is not 100% the ride height glitch. I think you would still be on top of the list, just by 1 tenth, not half a second. You deserve credit for testing that and finding that it is back. Take the win this time, but we all know it is here, so the next competition will be even closer.

Second, I tested only a little with ride height splits before the tuner deadline and found little difference. My flaw. I did not split it far enough. Little difference like 90/80 is not enough to see it working. I tested for 2 hours last night and bam, 140/70 is a ton of rotation. I too am upset with PD for selling an incomplete game and the same wonky physics. My friend, let's start a forum to discuss the ride height glitch.

Without opening a can of worms...what is the "ride height" glitch?

I just noticed you increased rotation on your tune by maxing out the FRONT ride height which seems backward to me - is this the glitch?

yeah I'm definitely interested in hearing about it, I've heard about it again and again but never understood it fully

Quick question....was there a transmission settings change to xande1959's roadster touring car tune? I can't seem to get the same gear ratios based on his tune sheet...

Quick question....was there a transmission settings change to xande1959's roadster touring car tune? I can't seem to get the same gear ratios based on his tune sheet...

I struggled with that one too, which is why I was asking about resetting to default. If you reset top speed and final gear(posted a couple of pages back) you should be able to set it up as posted.

I struggled with that one too, which is why I was asking about resetting to default. If you reset top speed and final gear(posted a couple of pages back) you should be able to set it up as posted.
Looking at his post, it makes sense for the confusion because we normally assume the order is correct. So @biffa3, was the 4.300 initial final the correct gearing?

The way I restore it to default is to put the final back at 4.300, then I run the top speed to max, then take it back down to 162mph...it worked for everything else, but I can't get his numbers.

Looking at his post, it makes sense for the confusion because we normally assume the order is correct. So @biffa3, was the 4.300 initial final the correct gearing?

Must have been. After resetting using the figures provided by yourself I was able to set up as posted.

Hi LionHeart
for the adjustment of the gearbox of Xande1959, I also had a little trouble the first time,
Here are the steps to follow:
1 / Final max everything right
2 / speed minimum
3 / gear ratio
4 / final
hoping you have help ;)

Hi LionHeart
for the adjustment of the gearbox of Xande1959, I also had a little trouble the first time,
Here are the steps to follow:
1 / Final max everything right
2 / speed minimum
3 / gear ratio
4 / final
hoping you have help ;)
Ah, so he was just missing the first step of putting the final to 5.500 then adjusting....got it!👍

Future note to tuners:-

Please write down EXACTLY how you achieved your settings, it can be difficult to achieve the desired numbers if you don't know the method used to reach the ratios

(Transmission settings are not the easiest things to understand and are easy to get lost in so please be clear and concise to aid the testers)

Thank you

Future note to tuners:-

Please write down EXACTLY how you achieved your settings, it can be difficult to achieve the desired numbers if you don't know the method used to reach the ratios

(Transmission settings are not the easiest things to understand and are easy to get lost in so please be clear and concise to aid the testers)

Thank you
And, I have had to do this a time or two, if you don't remember what the final gear was, recreate the transmission in another tab to try and figure it out.👍

And, I have had to do this a time or two, if you don't remember what the final gear was, recreate the transmission in another tab to try and figure it out.👍
Oh yeah definitely, I've done it so many times that I now make sure I note down every step in the process just to avoid answering the confused messages. I've even had to scrap transmission settings and start again because I can't remember how I've reached them, its very easy to do

Roadster Touring Car

Track: Silverstone Grand Prix (3.66mi)

Track Settings: Grip Reduction = Real

Driving Setup: DS3, D-pads, “X” throttle, square brake, & Automatic transmission

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

Car Used: Mazda Roadster Touring Car

donpost
Time: 2:07.887
Drivers Choice: 7.5

Initial turn in was a bit stiff and the car would jerk from side to side. Not quite a slide, but more like the car had issues with the weight being shifted around. Also seemed slow on the get up.

iaianoflo85
Time: 2:07.269
Drivers Choice: 8.0

Snug on turn in and through the center, but if you did manage to master getting the car down to the apex, it was very happy to launch you out of the corner.

kapnk006
Time: 2:07.040
Drivers Choice: 8.5

Tight during corner entry and snug through the center. Loose on exit. A little tough to handle sometimes because the rear would start to slide; so you would countersteer, then the rear would magically hook up sending you off in your countersteer direction. But was fast if you got it right!

krenkme
Time: 2:08.112

To me this car handled pretty well and was decent to drive. Snug in places, but nothing that you couldn't handle. The only reason for the slower time was the shift points...I was not getting the most out of the gearbox using automatic transmission.

Otaliema
Time: 2:08.640

This setup was too tight for me. You can be fast with this tune, but if you didn't hit your marks perfectly, it had a tendency to go towards the kitty litter.

praiano63
Time: 2:06.369
Drivers Choice: 9.5

Was tight on corner exit, but after a few laps I learned what I thought this car wanted....Throttle control. Instead of being heavy thumbed, mashing the "X" button upon exit, I would roll my thumb over from the controller onto the button, keeping the RPMs consistent. After I learned this, this car came to life and was just fun to drive!:bowdown:

xande1959
Time: 2:08.145

Tight almost everywhere. Most of it was manageable by changing your line; using up more track, but it really seemed to kill me in the 2 sections where you turn hard from left to right, especially the last chicane.

Motor City Hami
Time: 2:06.650
Drivers Choice: 9.0

Had to do most of my braking in a straight line leading up to the turn. The turning in was great, just not under severe braking, it wanted to push, borderline plow through the turn. Can be tight on exit, but easily solved with throttle patience. The flowing chicane on the back section was a blast to take in this car, very smooth.

shaunm80
Time: 2:07.093

Nothing wrong with the handling, I felt comfortable and was easy to drive. Could be better if it went on a diet and a different gearbox?!?! The gears were too long, and I never got into 5th gear.

On a side note...
Being given the opportunity to test for all 4 classes, I can say that I have learned a few things, especially on a track like Silverstone. I want to thank MCH for putting all of this together, the guys/gals of FITT, the other testers, and of course, the tuners. Now thanks to you, I have 1 or 2 different approaches when it comes to tracks/tunes/driving styles. And I know that's what FITT is all about...learning.... and I can say from this that I have!:cheers:

Roadster Touring Car

Track: Silverstone Grand Prix (3.66mi)

Track Settings: Grip Reduction = Real

Driving Setup: DS3, D-pads, “X” throttle, square brake, & Automatic transmission

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

Car Used: Mazda Roadster Touring Car

donpost
Time: 2:07.887
Drivers Choice: 7.5

Initial turn in was a bit stiff and the car would jerk from side to side. Not quite a slide, but more like the car had issues with the weight being shifted around. Also seemed slow on the get up.

iaianoflo85
Time: 2:07.269

Snug on turn in and through the center, but if you did manage to master getting the car down to the apex, it was very happy to launch you out of the corner.

kapnk006
Time: 2:07.040

Tight during corner entry and snug through the center. Loose on exit. A little tough to handle sometimes because the rear would start to slide; so you would countersteer, then the rear would magically hook up sending you off in your countersteer direction. But was fast if you got it right!

krenkme
Time: 2:08.112

To me this car handled pretty well and was decent to drive. Snug in places, but nothing that you couldn't handle. The only reason for the slower time was the shift points...I was not getting the most out of the gearbox using automatic transmission.

Otaliema
Time: 2:08.640

This setup was too tight for me. You can be fast with this tune, but if you didn't hit your marks perfectly, it had a tendency to go towards the kitty litter.

praiano63
Time: 2:06.369
Drivers Choice: 9.5

Was tight on corner exit, but after a few laps I learned what I thought this car wanted....Throttle control. Instead of being heavy thumbed, mashing the "X" button upon exit, I would roll my thumb over from the controller onto the button, keeping the RPMs consistent. After I learned this, this car came to life and was just fun to drive!:bowdown:

xande1959
Time: 2:08.145

Tight almost everywhere. Most of it was manageable by changing your line; using up more track, but it really seemed to kill me in the 2 sections where you turn hard from left to right, especially the last chicane.

Motor City Hami
Time: 2:06.650
Drivers Choice: 9.0

Had to do most of my braking in a straight line leading up to the turn. The turning in was great, just not under severe braking, it wanted to push, borderline plow through the turn. Can be tight on exit, but easily solved with throttle patience. The flowing chicane on the back section was a blast to take in this car, very smooth.

shaunm80
Time: 2:07.093

Nothing wrong with the handling, I felt comfortable and was easy to drive. Could be better if it went on a diet and a different gearbox?!?! The gears were too long, and I never got into 5th gear.

On a side note...
Being given the opportunity to test for all 4 classes, I can say that I have learned a few things, especially on a track like Silverstone. I want to thank MCH for putting all of this together, the guys/gals of FITT, the other testers, and of course, the tuners. Now thanks to you, I have 1 or 2 different approaches when it comes to tracks/tunes/driving styles. And I know that's what FITT is all about...learning.... and I can say from this that I have!:cheers:

Congratulations LionHeart
you made super lap with a well detailed results 👍
what I'm struggling to do, I know nothing about tuning, so difficult to analyze as you all do :indiff:

Congratulations LionHeart
you made super lap with a well detailed results 👍
what I'm struggling to do, I know nothing about tuning, so difficult to analyze as you all do :indiff:
Looking at your times that you posted, you can put down some nice laps, so you are in the same boat as me...can drive, but don't quite get the ins and outs of tuning. We'll get there!:cheers:

So I'm not to confident I'll be able to finish testing for the Roadster Touring Car class. I put all the setups into a handful of Roadsters over the weekend so all I'd have to do is drive them, but life is piling up around me and I don't see the time to drive before the deadline. I'll try my best, like I said I've got the setup process out of the way, but I'd be surprised if I get a chance to drive them. Sorry guys.:indiff:

So I'm not to confident I'll be able to finish testing for the Roadster Touring Car class. I put all the setups into a handful of Roadsters over the weekend so all I'd have to do is drive them, but life is piling up around me and I don't see the time to drive before the deadline. I'll try my best, like I said I've got the setup process out of the way, but I'd be surprised if I get a chance to drive them. Sorry guys.:indiff:

That's o.k. In a similar situation as you. I will likely only get to test the Spec Miata class. Since we are using average lap times it needs to be all or none meaning you have to test all tunes in a class or your results cannot count.

Hope things calm down for you soon.

So I am over this cold sickness and got a chance to drive the Streets of Willow Springs for the first time tonight. I needed to learn the track first, so I built my own Spec Miata, tuned it to the competition specs and ran for almost two hours tonight. This did two things for me. I learned the track and I now know what a good tune feels like in a Miata with these specs. This should give me a nice reference point to find the tunes that can be driven and the tunes that need to be driven lightly.

I am really enjoying this track. It makes me want to take my real life Spec Miata out there for an event. There are so many areas on that track where dropping the inside wheels into the dirt can gain really big time. I wonder if the guys in real life put the inside wheels into the dirt or if they keep it clean. Looks like a fun track in real life too.

Totally blew this off for some ride height testing, sorry folks! :embarrassed: I will definitely get to finish up the touring cars but probably not the other classes. I'll see what I can scrape together over the next three days.

EDIT: HA! New Seasonal: 410PP Miatas @ Cape Ring South!!! :lol: :D:tup:

Results for Street Touring Roadsters.

As always, cars tested for 10 laps, using DS3 (pad, rather than stick) with auto transmission. All aids off except driving line and ABS1.

I'll start off by apologising to those tuners whose final positions may be adversely affected by my times here. It's not a track I get on particularly well with, being quite narrow. Had a lot of sideways action, and those little crests were a complete pain in the backside!! I'll also add that I don't think the track lends itself particularly well to an automatic gearbox. In some of the cars I was struggling in the uphill section in 5th.

@ACSR421 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:46:236
DC - 7
Good turn in and acceleration. A little bit of oversteer present.

@DolHaus Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:46:739
DC - 6
Too oversteery for my driving style. Lots of sideways action.

@donpost Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:45:334
DC - 7.5
Good solid tune. Stable under braking and easy to get power down.

@JackWilson Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:45:254
DC - 8
Good under braking. Easy to get on the power. Stable through the downhill sections. Some oversteer that can catch you out if you're not careful.

@jtqmopar Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:47:480
DC - 6
Struggled for pace and not that stable over the bumps.

@NEWDRIVER123 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:45:227
DC - 7
A little looser than JackWilson's, but comparable on lap time.

@Otaliema Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:44:585
DC - 8
Good solid tune with a hint of understeer. Once you've adjusted will provide good times.

@Onboy123 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:43:464
DC - 10
First impressions were that it was a little sluggish coming up the hill, but man, did it come alive in the downhill section. Predictable turn in, good under braking, easy to get on the power. Lap time speaks for itself (and this was a first run of the day). Bravo sir.

@praiano63 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:44:410
DC - 8
Had good turn in and rotation through the slower corners but I suffered with understeer through the 2 corners in the downhill section. Was having to lift off quite a bit for the right hander, which had an impact on lap time. Solid under braking, easy to get on the power.

@Ronald6 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:44:323
DC - 8.5
Had the pace to match Onboy, but not as stable through the downhill section. Also a little oversteer to contend withthrough the slower sections.

@ugabugaz Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:45:769
DC - 8
Waht it lacked in pace it more than made up for in stability. The drop in HP killed it on the uphill's, but the flat floor worked brilliantly in the downhill.

@xande1959 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:46:357
DC - 7
Not as quick or as stable as ugabugaz. A little oversteer present too.

@Motor City Hamilton Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:43:715
DC - 9
Was quick enough but struggled with stability over that little jump. Lots of sideways action down there! Stable under braking with the tail stepping out if you're too eager on the gas.

@PKS 80 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:44:329
DC - 7.5
A little loose for me. Solid under braking. Found I was hitting the rev limiter halfway down the hill.

Results for Street Touring Roadsters.

As always, cars tested for 10 laps, using DS3 (pad, rather than stick) with auto transmission. All aids off except driving line and ABS1.

I'll start off by apologising to those tuners whose final positions may be adversely affected by my times here. It's not a track I get on particularly well with, being quite narrow. Had a lot of sideways action, and those little crests were a complete pain in the backside!! I'll also add that I don't think the track lends itself particularly well to an automatic gearbox. In some of the cars I was struggling in the uphill section in 5th.

@ACSR421 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:46:236
DC - 7
Good turn in and acceleration. A little bit of oversteer present.

@DolHaus Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:46:739
DC - 6
Too oversteery for my driving style. Lots of sideways action.

@donpost Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:45:334
DC - 7.5
Good solid tune. Stable under braking and easy to get power down.

@JackWilson Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:45:254
DC - 8
Good under braking. Easy to get on the power. Stable through the downhill sections. Some oversteer that can catch you out if you're not careful.

@jtqmopar Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:47:480
DC - 6
Struggled for pace and not that stable over the bumps.

@NEWDRIVER123 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:45:227
DC - 7
A little looser than JackWilson's, but comparable on lap time.

@Otaliema Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:44:585
DC - 8
Good solid tune with a hint of understeer. Once you've adjusted will provide good times.

@Onboy123 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:43:464
DC - 10
First impressions were that it was a little sluggish coming up the hill, but man, did it come alive in the downhill section. Predictable turn in, good under braking, easy to get on the power. Lap time speaks for itself (and this was a first run of the day). Bravo sir.

@praiano63 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:44:410
DC - 8
Had good turn in and rotation through the slower corners but I suffered with understeer through the 2 corners in the downhill section. Was having to lift off quite a bit for the right hander, which had an impact on lap time. Solid under braking, easy to get on the power.

@Ronald6 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:44:323
DC - 8.5
Had the pace to match Onboy, but not as stable through the downhill section. Also a little oversteer to contend withthrough the slower sections.

@ugabugaz Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:45:769
DC - 8
Waht it lacked in pace it more than made up for in stability. The drop in HP killed it on the uphill's, but the flat floor worked brilliantly in the downhill.

@xande1959 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:46:357
DC - 7
Not as quick or as stable as ugabugaz. A little oversteer present too.

@Motor City Hamilton Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:43:715
DC - 9
Was quick enough but struggled with stability over that little jump. Lots of sideways action down there! Stable under braking with the tail stepping out if you're too eager on the gas.

@PKS 80 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Time - 1:44:329
DC - 7.5
A little loose for me. Solid under braking. Found I was hitting the rev limiter halfway down the hill.
Thank you for your test and review. I feel your pain with the automatic gearbox, that first section coming up the hill was always difficult, you either have the right gear or you don't and you can't lift off to force the car to down shift either without losing a heap of speed and time.

On a different note, me thinks that Hami might have had a trick up his sleeve for the Spec tuners. Will clarify when I post the test results, with any luck it will be tomorrow night. Very sneaky!:lol: (quote from @Lionheart2113 )
Did I miss something or did you never let the cat out of the bag?:odd:

Latest Posts

Back