FITT - Moving on to GT6!

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,044 comments
Urmm... if there's a central hub, eg. You and,everyone sends the car to you, the only thing I can foresee is that other hosts will have to build the car according to the specs you send to the hosts then due to the limitation of 1 car trade per-day.

Big plus about mystery tune like you said is the avoidance of sandbagging.

Urmm... if there's a central hub, eg. You and,everyone sends the car to you, the only thing I can foresee is that other hosts will have to build the car according to the specs you send to the hosts then due to the limitation of 1 car trade per-day.
The trade limits also bring up another potential problem as cars over a certain value can't be gifted/traded. i.e. my Audi Pikes Peak Quattro from the current shootout runs 1.4-1.5 million credits in the UCD and thus can't be traded.

I'm not trying to be intentionally negative on the idea as I think driving cars that you don't know the tuner of would prove to be very entertaining, not to mention the fun of trying to guess who tuned what car based on the cars handling and selection.

TimberW
Host 1:
GTP ID: TimberW
PSN ID: GTP_TUNERHOST_01
Car 1: RLT Garage - Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97
Car 2: OSE_CAP_SHADOW - Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec II (R32) '94
Car 3: J's Tuning Garage - MR-S S Edition ‘99
Car 4: Tuner Garage/Independant - Car Name
Car 5: etc..
Car 6: etc..

Maybe like this as a mystery tuner-

Host 1 :TimberW
PSN ID: GTP_TUNERHOST_1
Car 1: Matte Pink TVR Speed 6
Car 2: Raspberry Red Pearl 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Car 3: Rubinrot Maserati Gran Turismo

Then the test drivers would submit:

Car 1: Matte Pink TVR Speed 6 - 2:30.1 - 67/100
Car 2: Raspberry Red Pearl 2010 Chevrolet Camaro - 2:30.2 -71/100
Car 3: Rubinrot Maserati Gran Turismo - 2:29.9 - 69/100

This is best lap time and points per 100 for the different categories.

Maybe like this as a mystery tuner-

Host 1 :TimberW
PSN ID: GTP_TUNERHOST_1
Car 1: Matte Pink TVR Speed 6
Car 2: Raspberry Red Pearl 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Car 3: Rubinrot Maserati Gran Turismo

Then the test drivers would submit:

Car 1: Matte Pink TVR Speed 6 - 2:30.1 - 67/100
Car 2: Raspberry Red Pearl 2010 Chevrolet Camaro - 2:30.2 -71/100
Car 3: Rubinrot Maserati Gran Turismo - 2:29.9 - 69/100

This is best lap time and points per 100 for the different categories.
Yes, something like that is what I have in mind.

Desperado
The trade limits also bring up another potential problem as cars over a certain value can't be gifted/traded. i.e. my Audi Pikes Peak Quattro from the current shootout runs 1.4-1.5 million credits in the UCD and thus can't be traded.

I'm not trying to be intentionally negative on the idea as I think driving cars that you don't know the tuner of would prove to be very entertaining, not to mention the fun of trying to guess who tuned what car based on the cars handling and selection.
Well they're good thoughts, all of them.
I know my two accounts should have the extra cash to buy some cars, 5.5 and 7.5 million respectively, I don't think any legal road cars will be worth over 1 million, aside from a few premium exceptions, which I can buy. Of course the Audi calls that into question, but I don't think an SUV would stand a chance in the 600PP/track combo I have planned.

If it's a rare car that myself or another host doesn't have, it should be able to be gifted, though it's good you mention it so I can make entrants aware ahead of time, of course anyone wanting their car back (assuming they're not duping) can of course, have it returned at the end of the shootout.

Big plus about mystery tune like you said is the avoidance of sandbagging.

I like the idea of the mystery tuner, as the drivers would come to the car with no preconceptions of how it may be suited to their own style. I think by now, most people who will be involved with this will have sampled tunes from most of the established, and not so established garages.

Re. the central hub idea. If there was a pool of people willing to be hosts, these could be chosen / nominated on some sort of rota basis and then tuners could send cars directly to them, eliminating the issue of the trade cap. These hosts would not be able then to drive for the shootout as they would know where the cars they are hosting came from, but the rota would see them back in the fray for the following shootout.

Yes, something like that is what I have in mind.

Well they're good thoughts, all of them.
I know my two accounts should have the extra cash to buy some cars, 5.5 and 7.5 million respectively, I don't think any legal road cars will be worth over 1 million, aside from a few premium exceptions, which I can buy. Of course the Audi calls that into question, but I don't think an SUV would stand a chance in the 600PP/track combo I have planned.
Oooh you shouldn't have said that. I had already planned on doing maxed versions of the Pikes Peak and Range Stormer, don't know how high their PP goes but might have to try and make a 600PP monster SUV out of one of them now!:crazy:
Of course then everyone would instantly guess my entry.:lol:

Audi Pikes Peak Quattro max build with rear wing set at 15 is 600PP exactly, has 751HP, 597ft-lb torque, and weighs 1434kg with a 52/48 weight distribution. Considering the so called power curve (no real curve just straight lines) that has near peak torque through the vast majority of its rpm range and very little drop off past peak I'd say it might just be as competitive at 600PP as it is at 525PP.:D

Last edited:
I like the idea of the mystery tuner, as the drivers would come to the car with no preconceptions of how it may be suited to their own style. I think by now, most people who will be involved with this will have sampled tunes from most of the established, and not so established garages.

Re. the central hub idea. If there was a pool of people willing to be hosts, these could be chosen / nominated on some sort of rota basis and then tuners could send cars directly to them, eliminating the issue of the trade cap. These hosts would not be able then to drive for the shootout as they would know where the cars they are hosting came from, but the rota would see them back in the fray for the following shootout.

If we actually have hosts which are pretty fair and neutral and who can keep quiet about who sent them the tunes, it'll still be workable. I don't think it's much of an issue honestly.

For Example:
If there is let's say 12 cars, distributed among 4 hosts, each host will have to host 3 cars. They just 'know' which 3 cars they are testing. And let's say that there's 5 testers.

No of reviews:
12 cars x 5 testers = 60 unbias reviews
9 cars x 4 hosts = 36 unbias reviews
3 cars x 4 host = 12 bias reviews

Maximum percentage of the bias review will just be:
12/108 = 12.96% <- Provided that all the hosts are biased!

The main person distributing the tunes just have to do it as randomly as he can.

CSLACR
Everything in bold goes against ideas myself and/or C-Zeta had in mind.

I for one liked Praianos idea about everyone tuning also testing, with whose cars/tunes testers are driving (except their own, which is unavoidable) being kept secret until the end of the shootout.
The only real technicality is that tuners would have to restrain themselves from posting their shootout tunes in their garage until the end of the shootout.

Obviously any event that's for race/rally cars can be fun, so the blanket statement that they're not allowed could be misleading, though it's obviously not fair to try to mix race cars with non-race cars, this also applies to some non-race cars, particularly tuner cars.

Actually I wasn't going against the race/rally rules because the Rally Base Cars are all road cars.

I was planning that when the drivers get the car they PM me and I give them the specs but they can't tell anyone what it is until they are releasing their tune. So kind of a pseudo-form of Praiano's system without the trading thing, just keeping the car secret since they'll only be able to work with the car they've got.

I would say it would be better for a separate sort of shootout for them at certain points. Tuner car rule was of course rather controversial at the FF Shootout because two Trial Celicas just ran away with it, so I would really give a slightly bigger limit to cars with some form of downforce on them among the normal road cars. It would help in the presence of an R390, let's say.

Also yes, I was the one who said about my shootout first...so I suppose you'll be seeing it at some point in early September. I just need one more car for prize giving to give away and I'm done.

In case you're wondering, I've collected almost all of the tradable rally cars in this game (the previous OCDs helped me a lot) and the prize for the shootout will be any 10 of them, plus a few other goodies. Second place will receive 5 plus goodies, third will get 2. There'll still be some cars left which will go to testers but there'll only be 6 unless I get the two rally cars I didn't pick up... :indiff: And I have to send them all as well. :(

Actually I wasn't going against the race/rally rules because the Rally Base Cars are all road cars.

I was planning that when the drivers get the car they PM me and I give them the specs but they can't tell anyone what it is until they are releasing their tune. So kind of a pseudo-form of Praiano's system without the trading thing, just keeping the car secret since they'll only be able to work with the car they've got.

I would say it would be better for a separate sort of shootout for them at certain points. Tuner car rule was of course rather controversial at the FF Shootout because two Trial Celicas just ran away with it, so I would really give a slightly bigger limit to cars with some form of downforce on them among the normal road cars. It would help in the presence of an R390, let's say.

Also yes, I was the one who said about my shootout first...so I suppose you'll be seeing it at some point in early September. I just need one more car for prize giving to give away and I'm done.

In case you're wondering, I've collected almost all of the tradable rally cars in this game (the previous OCDs helped me a lot) and the prize for the shootout will be any 10 of them, plus a few other goodies. Second place will receive 5 plus goodies, third will get 2. There'll still be some cars left which will go to testers but there'll only be 6 unless I get the two rally cars I didn't pick up... :indiff: And I have to send them all as well. :(
Ok, so if you're waiting until early September, do you mind if I start mine as soon as the current one ends?
I was already planning on quicker deadlines,(1 week/1 week) as it seems interest fades a bit with longer time, plus with tuners testing it seems easier to get a decent amount of times in a week long period.

Power Limiting - Please restrict the use of this option. Ballast is fine, let people throw as much or as little extra weight in a car as they want, but power limiting should be restricted to 5-10% at max (5% ideally). It should be encouraged that power limiting is only used to scrape under the PP limit.

Power limiting is an abomination, kill it with fire.

Secret Santa - Nice idea, but bin it. The logistics will be a nightmare. Only being able to swap one car a day is going to cause headaches. Personally, I'm not swayed by who builds a car and I wouldn't skew my findings based on personality either. Anybody that does is a dick, stop it.

Other than that, I'm behind the idea of adding some/more structure to these events. I don't have the time I used to, so these events are my primary GT5 fix. I'll support all future events in any way I can, whether that be as a builder, tester or offering opinions on challenge formats. I've done a lot of online racing with mates under heavy restrictions. So I've used a lot of production cars at different power and weight limits and have ideas on what cars to include/exclude, etc, etc.

I'd love to be able to commit a whole bunch of time to this, sorry I can't...

{Cy}

Ok, so if you're waiting until early September, do you mind if I start mine as soon as the current one ends?
I was already planning on quicker deadlines,(1 week/1 week) as it seems interest fades a bit with longer time, plus with tuners testing it seems easier to get a decent amount of times in a week long period.

Well since that would mean your shootout ending on around the 6th I guess I can wait till around the 10th to start mine. However since I can only send 1 ticket a day the problem is if I made mine one week/one week there would be space for only 7 entrants. I guess I could hire some co-workers to send the tickets which would put it up to 21 a week with 3 for instance but that would mean they'd have to be up to date as well. I'm already gathering ideas for your planned shootout though so eh :mischievous:

C-ZETA what cars do you need? If I have them I'll send them to you. Want to help you get your Shootout ready to go.

Also do I need to swap CSLACR and C-ZETA for upcoming sponsor's?

Does anyone have recommendations for people to be on the Competition Committee? Think it would be good if we could get a Moderator on board the Committee, so if any moderators are reading this feel free to step up and give us some feedback.

Finally, and part of the reason for a competition committee is let's start looking at a good set of Standard Rules. The ones I posted were okay for the FF Shootout but obviously there are some that won't apply to other events and there may be some that should be added. So let's start cleaning them up and get a good baseline set that will work with little or no adjustment for most events. Then event sponsor's can add any special event specific rules when they announce their events.
Having things like this setup and in place will make it easier for sponsor's to organize their events in the long run.

C-ZETA what cars do you need? If I have them I'll send them to you. Want to help you get your Shootout ready to go.

Also do I need to swap CSLACR and C-ZETA for upcoming sponsor's?

Finally, and part of the reason for a competition committee is let's start looking at a good set of Standard Rules. The ones I posted were okay for the FF Shootout but obviously there are some that won't apply to other events and there may be some that should be added. So let's start cleaning them up and get a good baseline set that will work with little or no adjustment for most events. Then event sponsor's can add any special event specific rules when they announce their events.
Having things like this setup and in place will make it easier for sponsor's to organize their events in the long run.

The one car I need for prize giving is a 0 miles 0 switches Nissan Bluebird Rally Car (all the others are 0/0 as well, added bonus for the winners/testers :D). All I need though is a Historic Rally Car ticket to get the car, it's how I got the Pajero Rally Raid easily.

And though I was actually planning to start mine from the 1st-5th since CSL wants to keep it at a good enough time (and I'm sure it would be pretty good to get it done) I'll delay mine till about 6th-10th and you can swap the 'times' of the shootouts if necessary. ;) Although on the 8th I'll have started school so that's a little bit disadvantageous for me :indiff:

The problem with my shootout is that the rules are quite a bit different to normal shootouts since a) the car you get isn't decided by you, b) the specs for the cars are all fixed and c) the winner won't come down to lap times but down to general driving feel instead. So it's a little bit divided in that regard, and of course the car has to have one tune for 3 completely different sorts of track. So 'standard' rules wouldn't exactly work out for mine...but it should be interesting with the randomly decided car system I'm planning.

Swapped C-ZETA and CSLACR in upcoming events.

Sorry C-ZETA, I have 2 Bluebird Rally Cars but both of them have a few miles on them as I bought them from the UCD.:indiff:

XDesperado67
Sorry C-ZETA, I have 2 Bluebird Rally Cars but both of them have a few miles on them as I bought them from the UCD.:indiff:

Milldrum is sending me a Historic Rally Car ticket to get my Bluebird in so no need to worry now. ;)

I like the idea of setting rules and regulations for the S/O. while I loved testing for the last S/O it was time consuming while I had no problem(broken back and can't work) so time is no real problem for me. Jobs school and a real life have to come into play as well for both the driver and tuners. I'm having a huge brain fart and can't get out what I would like to say/type, just keep it fun. If I get this writers block out of the way I'll continue to put my two cents in. just dont turn this into a wrs thing.

Indy

This last shoot out was my first and it seemed to me all the tuners had there cars in time (some a little close), but when testing came it became a madhouse( great amounts of kudos to the testers thou). Having it more organized would be great. So what I might suggest is that before the next shoot out ends try and see who is in the next (promotion would be necessary before) so everything could run smoothly?

This last shoot out was my first and it seemed to me all the tuners had there cars in time (some a little close), but when testing came it became a madhouse( great amounts of kudos to the testers thou). Having it more organized would be great. So what I might suggest is that before the next shoot out ends try and see who is in the next (promotion would be necessary before) so everything could run smoothly?
Check post #3 in this thread.:D I'll be attempting to keep an updated list of who is sponsoring the next shootout/event as well as links to the current events.

Post #4 is an archive of links to completed events.

Post #2 will be the "Standard" rules once we have some sort of organization set up and can agree on a minimum set of rules. What I have there currently is just an example taken from the FF Shootout I sponsored.

Post #1 will be a brief overview of how we're organizing and hopefully a list of Competition Committee members and links to their homepage here on GTP and/or other contact information.

Check post #3 in this thread.:D I'll be attempting to keep an updated list of who is sponsoring the next shootout/event as well as links to the current events.

Post #4 is an archive of links to completed events.

Post #2 will be the "Standard" rules once we have some sort of organization set up and can agree on a minimum set of rules. What I have there currently is just an example taken from the FF Shootout I sponsored.

Post #1 will be a brief overview of how we're organizing and hopefully a list of Competition Committee members and links to their homepage here on GTP and/or other contact information.

I know, I was just in agreement of trying to organize the shoot outs, and maybe I didn't pay attention to the first couple of posts, sorry. To you and all those who have the time and focus I wish you luck. Looking forward to the next one :)

I think getting the tuned cars to the test drivers within the testing period is the main bottleneck here.

I think getting the tuned cars to the test drivers within the testing period is the main bottleneck here.
I'd say that having the tuned cars on share helps a lot.
The big thing is that as long as the cars are shared then both the drivers and the tuners need to insure that everyone is friends on PSN. Part of the way we can facilitate that is by placing the PSN identification next to the GTP identification when people sign up for events. That way if someone is not on a persons friend list already they can go ahead and send the invite instead of waiting for someone to tell them they need to be friended.

I'd say that having the tuned cars on share helps a lot.
The big thing is that as long as the cars are shared then both the drivers and the tuners need to insure that everyone is friends on PSN. Part of the way we can facilitate that is by placing the PSN identification next to the GTP identification when people sign up for events. That way if someone is not on a persons friend list already they can go ahead and send the invite instead of waiting for someone to tell them they need to be friended.

True, but when I was looking into the FF shoot-out you hosted I had no idea what my "PSN" was (sorry was/is new to online gaming:dopey:) So is the competition committee going to make sure of this?

Side note- Can I help in some way?

True, but when I was looking into the FF shoot-out you hosted I had no idea what my "PSN" was (sorry was/is new to online gaming:dopey:) So is the competition committee going to make sure of this?

Side note- Can I help in some way?
Yes and Yes...:D
Uhm okay seriously as to the first having a short FAQ in the first post isn't a bad idea.

As for helping how about starting to put together that FAQ. You can PM it to me. Also look at the rules I posted and think of what can be removed from the "standard" rules and if anything should be added.

Finally for everyone else...I'll gladly maintain this thread and as usual voice my opinions. That said I would like to see more people volunteer like krenkme just did and/or nominations for people to be on the Competition Committee. I don't feel comfortable being the final authority/competition dictator whatever you want to call it so let's get a group to help organize this stuff.

Yes and Yes...:D
Uhm okay seriously as to the first having a short FAQ in the first post isn't a bad idea.

As for helping how about starting to put together that FAQ. You can PM it to me. Also look at the rules I posted and think of what can be removed from the "standard" rules and if anything should be added.

Finally for everyone else...I'll gladly maintain this thread and as usual voice my opinions. That said I would like to see more people volunteer like krenkme just did and/or nominations for people to be on the Competition Committee. I don't feel comfortable being the final authority/competition dictator whatever you want to call it so let's get a group to help organize this stuff.

My time is limited from work and family, so I'm slow, but I will gladly help!!! Thank you:). I'll get started on the FAQ and my input as soon as I can:tup:

Back