FITT - Moving on to GT6!

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,044 comments
I can help by hosting shared vehicles on a separate account.
Thanks that will come in handy, especially if someone needs a host for an event because they have problems with their PS3 or the internet.
My time is limited from work and family, so I'm slow, but I will gladly help!!! Thank you:). I'll get started on the FAQ and my input as soon as I can:tup:
No real rush and things can be updated and amended as need be.

Finally for everyone else...I'll gladly maintain this thread and as usual voice my opinions. That said I would like to see more people volunteer like krenkme just did and/or nominations for people to be on the Competition Committee. I don't feel comfortable being the final authority/competition dictator whatever you want to call it so let's get a group to help organize this stuff.
I should be able to. Not to sure yet on what matters we would need to make "final" decisions, I guess maybe internal shootout disputes, etc.

I think this should definitely be a standard rule:
All tuners are responsible to see that their tune/car is shared (by someone with room on friends list) by the end of tuner deadline, with no exceptions.
If the tester does not have internet access, the burden falls on the tester to find and build any cars needed for the shootout.

No offense to those without PSN's, PS3's, etc among other things that could hinder the ability to share a tune, but it's certainly something that can easily be worked out and made clear in advance, with so many willing to share tunes for others.
I think we all know the driving portion is the difficult end, and there's no reason we can't do this to accommodate those generous enough to spend so much time making the shootouts possible.

I think deadline must be enforced no matter what. If we get loose on this, the whole thing will be sloppy then.

Hence, the duration for the tuners to submit the tunes and drivers to test the cars become uttermost important.

I can be a sponsor, car host and custom track suggester. I'm not a computer star and hardly use it. But I give anything a go.

I'm an average driver, poor tuner, gift giver and a sponsor of the BST V8 Challenge. I love GT5 and just want to enjoy it all day. I don't know how to post documents/charts. But I could learn. I am rarely on my computer but can get reunited with it when needed.

How can I help?

I'll also offer to host when required. I also have a GTP tagged account that can be pressed into service if needed.

Anything else need doing at the moment?

I think this should definitely be a standard rule:
All tuners are responsible to see that their tune/car is shared (by someone with room on friends list) by the end of tuner deadline, with no exceptions.
If the tester does not have internet access, the burden falls on the tester to find and build all cars needed for the shootout.

I feel that this is integral to a level playing field, although I'll suggest the minor wording change in bold, and I would add something along the lines of -
If a tester without PSN access is unable to acquire all cars needed by the final deadline, any times submitted will be removed from the final results.

While I'm talking about PSN access, what about a standard caveat of -
In the event of a major disruption to the PSN, outstanding deadlines of any current shootout will be extended by the amount of time the PSN is unavailable.

Worst case nit-picking I know, but risk assessment is a major part of my job, and I find it hard to switch off sometimes. :ill:

I feel that this is integral to a level playing field, although I'll suggest the minor wording change in bold, and I would add something along the lines of -
If a tester without PSN access is unable to acquire all cars needed by the final deadline, any times submitted will be removed from the final results.

While I'm talking about PSN access, what about a standard caveat of -
In the event of a major disruption to the PSN, outstanding deadlines of any current shootout will be extended by the amount of time the PSN is unavailable.

Worst case nit-picking I know, but risk assessment is a major part of my job, and I find it hard to switch off sometimes. :ill:
I thought those went without saying, I could be wrong though.
I'm probably not the best for covering all possible bases, just the standard of every car being shared, with spots on friends lists being open, by all tuners, before the deadline, to make the most difficult job of testing easier. It's very easy to find someone to host your car for you, as we've seen from yourself and others, options are abundant at this time.
And of course, should someone without PSN access wish to join as a driver, they'll need to accept the burden of finding, and building all cars to spec, not that people without PSN access shouldn't be able to participate as a tester, just a heads up to them it may be difficult or potentially impossible.

I thought those went without saying, I could be wrong though.

You're right, they should go without saying. These do go along the lines of takeaway coffee cups having 'caution - contents hot' on the lids. It comes from a lack of faith in the better parts of human nature.

I usually find with things like this, that the more detail you go into in the first instance, the less disagreement/arguing you get at the back end. Or at least it's easier to shoot it down.

Maybe a small disclaimer- The Organizers reserve the right to change the rules and/or guidelines if needed at any time.

Indy Racerfan
So your saying it'll be Indy Car rule book? nothing set in stone and we'll make it up as we go?

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-loudon-rewind/

Indy

I'm saying that all the rules will be set in stone. But then a little disclaimer that is the flexibility needed when something unforeseen occurs.

Nobody expected PSN to be down as long as it was. Nobody can predict the future. Kaz might pull out an amazing update mid challenge that effects the outcome unfairly. It is a just in case.

The rule makers should not have to see/predict in advance every little scenario. But if one occurs then after a short and disciplined debate, the disclaimer could be utilized.

So your saying it'll be Indy Car rule book? nothing set in stone and we'll make it up as we go?

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-loudon-rewind/

Indy
Yes we are trying to establish a solid set of basic rules that aren't constantly shifting.
I'm saying that all the rules will be set in stone. But then a little disclaimer that is the flexibility needed when something unforeseen occurs.

Nobody expected PSN to be down as long as it was. Nobody can predict the future. Kaz might pull out an amazing update mid challenge that effects the outcome unfairly. It is a just in case.

The rule makers should not have to see/predict in advance every little scenario. But if one occurs then after a short and disciplined debate, the disclaimer could be utilized.
Having a disclaimer that rules are subject to change is a good idea, however its more important that the individual event sponsor's put this caveat in their OP or rules post as the special rules for a given event are more likely to need adjusting with little or no warning.

Just my opinion here but what I see for rules is a very short list of things such as...
Tuners are responsible for placing their cars on share for the duration of the contest, or if unable to place their car on share ensuring that a host has been arranged and clearly identified.
Testers are responsible for ensuring they are friends with all tuners or hosts for an event, or that they have all cars with the tuners exact specifications on them.
All events with deadlines will have those deadlines set to GMT for uniformity and ease of reference of all involved.
Etc...
These are just examples, but keeping the list short and very basic means we will need to make fewer changes or exceptions in the future, while providing room for sponsor's to set their own event specific rules.

I think this is definitely going in the right direction. I am available to support in a couple areas. I will volunteer to build the spreadsheets for tracking test results and whatever else is needed. I may not have time available to actually maintain the data so that responsibility should probably stay with the organizer.

I have been a trader, so I do have cars and tickets to donate to a prize pool, or at least help the organizer build the prize pool or distribute prizes. I can also help distribute tuner cars if necessary and I can host cars in any normal or blind scenario.

As far as participating, it will depend on the event timing and my schedule. I have vacation in early September for example. I would like to test at one soon.

My crazy idea for the day - organize a parallel time trial competition outside of the tuner thread. Hook a set of drivers up with a host and have them submit times for all 6 cars within one or two days. The host can pull the cars off share to limit the drivers' time with them and swap in 6 more cars. The would be a participation prize that would be dependent on providing a review of each car's performance.

@madmyk thanks for volunteering to set up and help maintain spreadsheets.

I'll be updating the OP sometime today with new information.

Planning on changing the thread title to the following unless there is a better suggestion/strong objection...
Federation of International Tuners
Yes I went for the cute abbreviation...F.I.T.:crazy::D

@madmyk thanks for volunteering to set up and help maintain spreadsheets.

I'll be updating the OP sometime today with new information.

Planning on changing the thread title to the following unless there is a better suggestion/strong objection...
Federation of International Tuners
Yes I went for the cute abbreviation...F.I.T.:crazy::D

Hey, that's nice! Sounds like a special division of GT Academy or the FBI :lol: 'We are the Federation of International Tuners, you are under arrest!' :lol:👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Hey, that's nice! Sounds like a special division of GT Academy or the FBI :lol: 'We are the Federation of International Tuners, you are under arrest!' :lol:👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I want my neuralizer pen , black goggles and all the complete stuff... That's include the zarconian TURBO 4 part.....!!! :nervous::nervous:

EDIT: you know the M.I.B car???? So , it's a Praiano's tune

I want my neuralizer pen , black goggles and all the complete stuff... That's include the zarconian TURBO 4 part.....!!! :nervous::nervous:

EDIT: you know the M.I.B car???? So , it's a Praiano's tune

Yea, we need company cars! Something that represents the word 'International'…Lotus Carltons! Gearbox from a Corvette, built by Lotus, looks great in black! :lol:

Yea, we need company cars! Something that represents the word 'International'…Lotus Carltons! Gearbox from a Corvette, built by Lotus, looks great in black! :lol:
Hmmm I'm thinking maybe Tesla Roadsters.:crazy::lol:

Well I was going international for you...
And what's wrong with an M5 in black?

We were doing so well staying on topic until now.:dopey:

We are all different so we would need different cars. The best we could do is agree on a paint color. I'm driving a Buick GNX.

No thoughts on my crazy idea from earlier?

Mines a Honda Beat painted black pearl :D.

On topic I have some ideas on the way to enter a competition and keep it organized, but I'm doing this on my phone so I'll type it up sometime Sunday (21st)., when I can get to my computation machine :D

Mines a Honda Beat painted black pearl :D.

On topic I have some ideas on the way to enter a competition and keep it organized, but I'm doing this on my phone so I'll type it up sometime Sunday (21st)., when I can get to my computation machine :D
Thanks.
Oh and go ahead and rub it in some more...my cell phone is my computation device.:odd::crazy:

XDesperado67
Thanks.
Oh and go ahead and rub it in some more...my cell phone is my computation device.:odd::crazy:

Wow, you are much better than me at this. I am more than impressed. :a smiley you can't see:

As I said in the other thread, there's always more tuners than testers, which means it's much easier for tuners to send the FR's, especially considering tuners are the ones that sometimes use alternate hosts.
And of course, as always, testing is the harder job, all the more reason for this.

Latest Posts

Back