FITT RUF Challenge

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 1,256 comments
Alrighty here's my reviews. Done over 10 laps each at Trial Mountain Reverse. Grip set to real. All aides off except TCS 1. Done on a DFGT controller.

Old School RUF Class Testing

@TheInfamousJEW6 YB - RI installed
Best Lap Time - 1:30.948
DC - 9.5
Tune Comments - Well after driving all the other tunes I came back to mine. I could certainly feel the extra weight in it, which caused more understeer than I had realized. It's a very planted car and the rear end stays in place at almost all times. I could've spent a bit more time on the tranny and the brakes could've been a bit stronger. Definitely a "middle of the road" type of tune.

@Soren Jacquet
Best Lap Time - No tune submitted
DC - N/A
Tune Comments - Nil

@hall90 YB - RI installed
Best Lap Time - 1:33.274
DC - 8.0
Tune Comments - This tune was just ok. I wanted to get along with it, but it became a chore to drive it. At first I couldn't keep the back end behind me. It was like a lost puppy, it followed me everywhere I went. Once I learned to control the rear end, some nasty mid corner understeer sent me wide on more than a few turns. I liked it's corner entry abilities. The brakes worked well, but the trans had me trying all different approaches to corners, as I couldn't decide which gear I needed to be in. I can see how this tune would work well for you, as I've been chasing your line around the last few TT's, trying tk figure out how you're so much faster! Good effort, just not my cup of tea...

@Motor City Hami YB - RI installed
Best Lap Time - 1:30.302
DC - 10.0
Tune Comments - BRAVO!! I just can't believe how amazing this tune is! If I could've held one lap together over the bump in the tunnel, a 1:29 was well within reach. I really have no critiques nor did I find a single flaw. This tune gave me so much confidence. Not to mention when I did mess up and initiated a drift, I could control it and ride it out. Congrats on what will certainly be a podium finisher, if not win the whole class!

@ugabugaz YB - RI not installed
Best Lap Time - 1:30.978
DC - 9.5
Tune Comments - This tune could be fast, when I could tame it's instability... It seemed like any little bump in the track surface really caused a violent reaction! Understeer was non exsistent, but oversteer was a constant. It took all my concentration to control. If I even thought about turning while the brakes were being applied, it would instantly start to oversteer and I'd lose my line. This car did not respond well to being off line either... The transmission was stupendous though! Once I trusted the length of third gear, so I didn't have to downshift out of it, the car became a little easier to drive. This tune just felt as though I was balancing on knife's edge the whole time. I hope one day to be able to drive a tune like this to it's full potential, but alas, I'm not not there yet... Great "hot lap" tune, nonetheless!

@steve nfs BTR - RI Installed
Best Lap Time - 1:31.810
DC - 8.8
Tune Comments - Stable! A little too stable at times, as I was battling understeer alll over the track. It could've used a bit more looseness to increase it's turn in ability, but I did loove that I could more or less mash the throttle anywhere on the track. The brakes were a little weak. I had to brake much earlier than I had anticipated and kept forgetting, causing me to run into a few corners too hot. The trans was different, but once I took your notes to heart and started shifting at 6300rpm it was fine. Great effort, even if it didn't match my style well...

@xande1959 BTR - RI not installed
Best Lap Time - 1:31.419
DC - 8.5
Tune Comments - I had a tough time with this tune at the beginning. The front end felt like it was on ice. The outside front tire was glowing red in most corners. Understeer was prevalent in all phese of cornering. After I learned to slow down for the corners, which was not an easy task as the brakes felt kind of weak, I was able to find a sort of rhythm. The trans was excellent, no complaints there. Really just an adjustment to the front end gripand I think this tune could've been a full second faster in my hands! Good overall effort!

@shaunm80 Yb - RI installed
Best Lap Time -1:29.633
DC -10.0
Tune Comments - So yeah after a few a few laps this tune and I just clicked. Once I figured out it liked to be thrown around, I had an absolute blast driving it! I was amazed by it's turn in, and as long I showed a little restraint in throttle usage, the back end stayed right where it's supposed to! The trans was perfect and th brakes gave me confidence to dive right into corners! BRAVO Shaun! Great Work!!

@Rotary Junkie BTR - RI installed
Best Lap Time - 1:31.355
DC -8.5
Tune Comments -
If I only had one word to describe this car it would be, unforgiving! I just don't have the chops to drive a car tuned like this. Bumps threw the car so out of whack I had to slow down. And any time I started to lose control, it would be gone in a blink of an eye. Sometimes it would understeer, other times it was oversteer that bit me. And this tune bit like a rabbid dog! I really hope one day to be able to tame tunes like this, but unfortunately that day has not arrives yet. Great effort, just not a tune suited for me...

@coryclifford BTR - RI installed
Best Lap Time - 1:33.633
DC - 6.0
Tune Comments -
Longest 10 laps of my life! If I thought Rotary's tune bit like a rabbid dog than thus tune bit like a zombie dog from Resident Evil! Seriously though after 10 laps I had one, yes just one, non red lap... I'm sorry but I have no idea how to improve this tune with only a few adjustments. I feel really bad scoring it this low, but i really couldn't drive this car... How you can, cory, is beyond me!

@reefer BTR - RI Installed
Best Lap Time - 1:30.402
DC - 9.5
Tune Comments -
I really like the stability of this tune! Sometime it was a bit too stable causing some understeer upon entry and through mid corner. On exit the grip was great, unless I was over zealous, tgen when the back end came around I could not save it. I loved the brakes, they were strong like Shaun's and allowed me to go deeper into corners, though if I went too deep the understeer would cause me to lose my line. The trans was good, perfect spacing and it used the power well! Overall this was my favorite BTR tune! Great Job!

@TheInfamousJEW6 times loaded.

New Rankings.
RUF Old School Rank | Average Lap Points DC Rank | DC

@TheInfamousJEW6 7 | 1:32.038 +01.159 9.874 6 | 8.93
@hall90 10 | 1:33.753 +02.875 9.693 9 | 8.43
@Motor City Hami 1 | 1:30.878 +00.000 10.000 1 | 10.00
@ugabugaz 2 | 1:31.131 +00.252 9.972 5 | 8.98
@steve nfs 3 | 1:31.655 +00.777 9.915 3 | 9.23
@xande1959 6 | 1:31.985 +01.107 9.880 8 | 8.70
@shaunm80 4 | 1:31.668 +00.790 9.914 4 | 9.10
@Rotary Junkie 8 | 1:32.101 +01.223 9.867 7 | 8.80
@coryclifford 9 | 1:33.538 +02.660 9.716 10 | 7.85
@reefer 5 | 1:31.935 +01.057 9.885 2 | 9.28

Trial Mountain Reverse Lap Time
1 @Motor City Hami 1:30.878 +00.000
2 @ugabugaz 1:31.131 +0.252
3 @steve nfs 1:31.655 +0.777
4 @shaunm80 1:31.668 +0.790
5 @reefer 1:31.935 +1.057

Trial Mountain Reverse DC Score
1 @Motor City Hami 10.00
2 @reefer 9.28
3 @steve nfs 9.23
4 @shaunm80 9.10
5 @ugabugaz 8.98

RUF Old School Trial Mountain Reverse
1:29.567; @Motor City Hami's tune Driven By Lionheart2113

Most Consistent Lionheart2113 1.374
Fastest Average Lionheart2113 90.421

@hall90 YB - RI installed
Best Lap Time - 1:33.274
DC - 8.0
Tune Comments - This tune was just ok. I wanted to get along with it, but it became a chore to drive it. At first I couldn't keep the back end behind me. It was like a lost puppy, it followed me everywhere I went. Once I learned to control the rear end, some nasty mid corner understeer sent me wide on more than a few turns. I liked it's corner entry abilities. The brakes worked well, but the trans had me trying all different approaches to corners, as I couldn't decide which gear I needed to be in. I can see how this tune would work well for you, as I've been chasing your line around the last few TT's, trying tk figure out how you're so much faster! Good effort, just not my cup of tea...
Thank for the review :).

@TheInfamousJEW6 It's a sassy bird that retains much of what makes it special in stock format. Glad you liked the transmission. As far as the brakes are concerned as I mentioned earlier I think I would dial them back just a tad (Few clicks) - they are very hyper. If you want to see how I ran my car I posted a vid earlier in the thread.

Two left to go!

Alrighty here's my reviews. Done over 10 laps each at Trial Mountain Reverse. Grip set to real. All aides off except TCS 1. Done on a DFGT controller.

Old School RUF Class Testing

@shaunm80 Yb - RI installed
Best Lap Time -1:29.633
DC -10.0
Tune Comments - So yeah after a few a few laps this tune and I just clicked. Once I figured out it liked to be thrown around, I had an absolute blast driving it! I was amazed by it's turn in, and as long I showed a little restraint in throttle usage, the back end stayed right where it's supposed to! The trans was perfect and th brakes gave me confidence to dive right into corners! BRAVO Shaun! Great Work!!
Thank you for the kind review. I must say, I am both pleased and shocked that my tune reached this lap time. I must have done something right for you to adapt to the tune so well. Awesome that I scored a 10 as well! Great testing all round and very consistent lap times too. Awesome work indeed. :cheers:

Alriite here is my offering to track gods at Suzauka.
RUF CTR2 '92 The Black Ball.
Body pain Necro Nemesis
Wheels Matte White
Calipers; Speed Yellow

It's a trip to drive it's stuck on the track until you pick your foot up, left foot braking recommened unless you like a twitchy car.
Lift off oversteer built in for corner entry.
Enjoy!
I have built your car and it is fine but you are missing a vital bit of information. Where is your ballast position for your tune? If you can let us know that would be great. :)

Tune Comments - I had a tough time with this tune at the beginning. The front end felt like it was on ice. The outside front tire was glowing red in most corners. Understeer was prevalent in all phese of cornering. After I learned to slow down for the corners, which was not an easy task as the brakes felt kind of weak, I was able to find a sort of rhythm. The trans was excellent, no complaints there. Really just an adjustment to the front end gripand I think this tune could've been a full second faster in my hands! Good overall effort!

thank you friend . Your comment went straight and true. like say a friend of mine small setting great performance, I had difficulty in this event Ruf I recognize, but one thing puzzles me. eg use G27 steering wheel with configuration I chose.
SETUP WHEEL
1 - Degrees of rotation = 900
2 - overall intensity = 40%
3 - intensity of the effect of jump = 40%
4 - Intensity Damping = 50%
5 - intensity of central force = 80%
So with this wheel setup prepare my tunings. but have cars that I put the steering wheel in standard configurations eg this car and my time was nearly 0.5 seconds better it intrigues me. if someone has a better steering wheel setup can hel

Right away, being this a track of the gods, goddess to be exactly, i should have all reviews done by this weekend, that's my deadline
Looking forward to it. :)

@biffa3, , @Bass Addict @Lionheart2113 @shaunm80 @TheInfamousJEW6 @joaosoarescso
You may begin testin of the open track day group. @lBt_33 has informed me he will be getting his tune posted with a day just very busy at this time so can't get it up right now.
No worries, Can't wait to take it to the track.

Supersport Class Testing

This was a better car and track combo for me. Certainly wiped all the M scores away!!

All cars tested for 10 laps, using DS3 (x go,square stop, d-pads for steering), using auto transmission. All aids off except ABS1 and driving line.

@shaunm80
Best Lap Time -2:01:746
DC -3rd
Tune Comments -
Easy car to be consistent in. Throttle control needed on exit of the slower corners. Has good turn in and rotation with a hint of brake release oversteer. Good effort.

@787bcgr
Best Lap Time -2:03:231
DC -8th
Tune Comments -
Stable under braking with good turn in and rotation. Very difficult to get on the power for me though. Couldn't really push the car. Could easily run mid 02's if it didn't need as much throttle control, even though it's down on power.

@lBt_33
Best Lap Time -2:01:192
DC -6th
Tune Comments -
A car that feels like it has good balance if you can be consistent enough. Not very forgiving of my mistakes. Stable and predictable under braking with good turn in and rotation. Throttle control required on exit. The oversteer can also catch you out. Laptimes were all over the place with 5 out of the 10 what I would call decent.

@randyrockstiff
Best Lap Time -2:01:942
DC -1st
Tune Comments -
Good solid tune. Excellent under braking. Easy to get the power down early on exit. If you could get some extra rotation without compromising exit speed, it would easily be faster. The most consistent of the bunch. Bravo sir.

@Brewguy44
Best Lap Time -2:01:231
DC -2nd
Tune Comments -
Easy to set consistent lap times. Good turn in and exit grip. Would have liked a little more rotation for the slower corners providing you could do it without affecting exit grip. Good effort.

@MrGrado
Best Lap Time -2:02:574
DC -7th
Tune Comments -
Good turn in and rotation. Transmission worked well in auto. Good under braking but the lack of traction for me on exit hurt lap times.

@ugabugaz
Best Lap Time -2:00:987
DC -4th
Tune Comments -
Typical feeling TT car. Quite loose but very quick. Once you get used to the rear following you round, and getting on the power early, it rewards. However much you're tempted to clip the kerbs, and you will be tempted as the turn in is so good, don't, you'll regret it if you do! Well done.

@Ale67
Best Lap Time -2:01:589
DC -5th
Tune Comments -
Took a while to settle into. Once dialled in and throttle control worked out, produced a quick time. Wasn't consistent though. Only 2 out of the 10 in the 01's. Good turn in and rotation. Stable under braking but the lack of grip under acceleration cost a quicker time.

Supersport Class Testing

This was a better car and track combo for me. Certainly wiped all the M scores away!!

All cars tested for 10 laps, using DS3 (x go,square stop, d-pads for steering), using auto transmission. All aids off except ABS1 and driving line.

@shaunm80
DC -3rd
Tune Comments -
Easy car to be consistent in. Throttle control needed on exit of the slower corners. Has good turn in and rotation with a hint of brake release oversteer. Good effort.
Thank you for the review. Your review sounds like mine pretty much so I am glad to see my tune works the same in others hands. Great times by the way!

Supersport Class Testing

@shaunm80
DC -3rd
Tune Comments -

@787bcgr
DC -8th
Tune Comments -
Stable under braking with good turn in and rotation. Very difficult to get on the power for me though. Couldn't really push the car. Could easily run mid 02's if it didn't need as much throttle control, even though it's down on power.

@lBt_33
DC -6th
Tune Comments -
A car that feels like it has good balance if you can be consistent enough. Not very forgiving of my mistakes. Stable and predictable under braking with good turn in and rotation. Throttle control required on exit. The oversteer can also catch you out. Laptimes were all over the place with 5 out of the 10 what I would call decent.

@randyrockstiff
DC -1st
Tune Comments -
Good solid tune. Excellent under braking. Easy to get the power down early on exit. If you could get some extra rotation without compromising exit speed, it would easily be faster. The most consistent of the bunch. Bravo sir.

@Brewguy44
DC -2nd
Tune Comments -
Easy to set consistent lap times. Good turn in and exit grip. Would have liked a little more rotation for the slower corners providing you could do it without affecting exit grip. Good effort.

@MrGrado
DC -7th
Tune Comments -
Good turn in and rotation. Transmission worked well in auto. Good under braking but the lack of traction for me on exit hurt lap times.

@ugabugaz
DC -4th
Tune Comments -
Typical feeling TT car. Quite loose but very quick. Once you get used to the rear following you round, and getting on the power early, it rewards. However much you're tempted to clip the kerbs, and you will be tempted as the turn in is so good, don't, you'll regret it if you do! Well done.

@Ale67
DC -5th
Tune Comments -
Took a while to settle into. Once dialled in and throttle control worked out, produced a quick time. Wasn't consistent though. Only 2 out of the 10 in the 01's. Good turn in and rotation. Stable under braking but the lack of grip under acceleration cost a quicker time.
Awesome sir ty.
I'll get your times loaded.

Supersport Class Testing

@shaunm80
DC -3rd
Tune Comments -

@787bcgr
DC -8th
Tune Comments -

@lBt_33
DC -6th
Tune Comments -

@randyrockstiff
DC -1st
Tune Comments -

@Brewguy44
DC -2nd
Tune Comments -

@MrGrado
DC -7th
Tune Comments -

@ugabugaz
DC -4th
Tune Comments -

@Ale67
DC -5th
Tune Comments -
Great reviews and some decent times in there. Thanks for being the brave one and setting the bar...I can't throw these around until this weekend.

Last I checked I was 2:01.5xx in my stock"ish" setup. I found nearly a second from when @DolHaus and I were comparing lap times....all in the transmission :mischievous:
Should be fun, I like this track.
I was hitting 2:00.5s before my PS3 packed up but the transmission was a bit of a long mess and I was definitely losing time in the fast chicane due to the auto box needing a stab of brakes to force the down shift 👍

Latest Posts

Back