FITT Stingray (C7) Challenge. Congratulations To the podium finishers. See results for who won.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 408 comments
Here is my tune, finalized today. 1:30:859 was my best lap, I can be in the mid 31 range easily I think :)

[FITT] Chevrolet Corvette C7
I would have given you the extra time but I forgot to check the thread prior to going to bed sorry about that. -_-
You current settings leave you bit under regulations. You can increase your Power Limiter to 97.8 to meet regulations for power if you would like.

@fordracer, @MrGrado Please send me a PM in regards to your tune. The deadline has passed no extension was requested.

Not sure about a week, but an extension would help testing.
I'll add a week, if everyone gets in prior to that I can always close it early 👍

new Testing end date 5/10/2016

I would have given you the extra time but I forgot to check the thread prior to going to bed sorry about that. -_-
You current settings leave you bit under regulations. You can increase your Power Limiter to 97.8 to meet regulations for power if you would like

Don't worry and feel sorry about that, I understand completely :P

I think it's because I use PS and not HP, there is a little margin between them. I hope one day we will have universal metric units... So it's going to be corrected thanks !

Number/colour?

Number/colour?

@Otaliema what wheels I should put on your tune, you're now stating incorrect "ADVANG RGII" wheels what are available only on standard size, not on +1", and same as above, mention of type and color/number in appearance of those wheels.
Mine are OZ Racing Superforgiata. Buy in grey, then paint Silver Chrome. I use GT Japanese 002-C because its the darkest of the silver chromes that I have.

Mine are OZ Racing Superforgiata. Buy in grey, then paint Silver Chrome. I use GT Japanese 002-C because its the darkest of the silver chromes that I have.
That buy in color is thing what i need, I'm testing all tunes on yellow car and no aftermarket painting done on any parts, then every part can be verified visually from replay too.
Smoke and throwing your car on track.

That buy in color is thing what i need, I'm testing all tunes on yellow car and no aftermarket painting done on any parts, then every part can be verified visually from replay too.
Smoke and throwing your car on track.
But in grey was meant for the rims, I should have made it clearer.

what wheels I should put on your tune, you're now stating incorrect "ADVANG RGII" wheels what are available only on standard size, not on +1", and same as above, mention of type and color/number in appearance of those wheels.
I don't recall which they are. I thought I had cleared the wheel option sorry.
It's one of 20 spoke design prolly super forgia or itaila racing. I'll check tonight for sure

You would think they would be the same....
Not everyone would, no ;) We just get told we over-think things to much when we say so :P :lol:

Now back to what I came for...

I should have enough time to test for this event with the new deadline. Stick me down and I'll get to building 👍 Looks like a nice variety to play with :D

Not everyone would, no ;) We just get told we over-think things to much when we say so :P :lol:

Now back to what I came for...

I should have enough time to test for this event with the new deadline. Stick me down and I'll get to building 👍 Looks like a nice variety to play with :D
Welcome aborad sir been too long since we saw you last.

Give me those last tunes to test, my own car wants back to Indy.
Meanwhile lapping 2:06's and trying to break 2:05 barrier..

Very nice clean lap at Bathurst.
Also the wheels. Well umm I feel like a idiot. I left standard size rims on the car when I tuned it.:banghead: Enkei RC-T4 Black, they are +35 off set, so some OZ Racing Superforgiata black would be a perfect replacement for both appearance and offset.

We are waiting on one tune from @shaunm80 he received an extension due to school. Says he should have it up with in a day. @fordracer and @MrGrado both had to withdraw, life/work prevented them from completing a car.

Very nice clean lap at Bathurst.
Also the wheels. Well umm I feel like a idiot. I left standard size rims on the car when I tuned it.:banghead: Enkei RC-T4 Black, they are +35 off set, so some OZ Racing Superforgiata black would be a perfect replacement for both appearance and offset.

We are waiting on one tune from @shaunm80 he received an extension due to school. Says he should have it up with in a day. @fordracer and @MrGrado both had to withdraw, life/work prevented them from completing a car.
I'll do testing soon..

BTW something what I had long on mind for testing, new, not like that old front aero, tested custom rear wings.. Well everything changes behavior, wider gives more downforce and sooner than narrow, higher leverage more, and when speed rises it does leveraging more.. Gotta check are those winglets also doing their job and stabilising lateral movements.. PD, little wicked Kaz .. :)

I'll do testing soon..

BTW something what I had long on mind for testing, new, not like that old front aero, tested custom rear wings.. Well everything changes behavior, wider gives more downforce and sooner than narrow, higher leverage more, and when speed rises it does leveraging more.. Gotta check are those winglets also doing their job and stabilising lateral movements.. PD, little wicked Kaz .. :)
That would be ambitious project sir. Lots of options to test.

I updated the review template, correcting a spelling error and added some punctuation to it.

I'll do testing soon..

I was questioned privately about rear wings awhile back. Higher seemed to add stability but hurt entry maybe, lower (or all the way down) loosened up the tune and made entry wilder. Never got in to testing it, but @fordracer would agree with your beliefs. I do believe that wing height is not just appearance but functional. That said, width should matter also. If in fact this is true, it is possible for different front aero to matter. I'm not sure, but would not question it should someone suggest it.

That said, I also am testing cars using the correct rims and wing settings as posted. Not taking a chance so I'm also painting body and rims to match as well. If it does not matter, oh well, I'm testing it as close to posted as possible.

That said, I also am testing cars using the correct rims and wing settings as posted. Not taking a chance so I'm also painting body and rims to match as well. If it does not matter, oh well, I'm testing it as close to posted as possible.
Only part of game what I believe to be only cosmetic is body/wing/caliber painting afterward, seems like everything else is linked to physics engine.

Wondering those winglets and maybe even those stays.. Checking winglets next and then continuing on wing stays.. Why PD makes these as Eastereggs to be find, not doing manual/info for it?

I've always thought a front and rear grip indicator Terms of G load along with projected speed and acceleration would be very helpful in the game.
Maybe even actual stadadic load numbers

Tested winglets... PD... Huge difference between them, used my car on compo settings as test car, first with C/D/C original then C/D/G and it make hard to turn wheel thru oval section(way harder FFB force on wheel and understeering lot), locked "all" rear sliding and made tendency to understeer..

Well going to test now wing stays, wouldn't be a news if it alter handling too.. Guessing already is that changing on leverage force?.. "bending"stays.. Well.. Checking..lol

And Suprise Suprise my guess was right, wing stays are for adjusting stiffness of wing stays.
A is most stiff and giving aero force on any driven speed, and higher on alphabet you go softer will wing stay be and that bends wing aero effects smaller as speed rises..

Why thank you sir, it has been a while. Looking forward to it 👍

I am currently building your car and there seems to be a couple of omissions from the tune sheet. I can't see the window/bonnet (hood :P) reductions listed but have the car sitting 15kg overweight without them applied :odd: Of course it's possible I missed them due to partial blindness :lol:.
BTW, I noticed you had no artwork or colour specified so I painted yours like banana :D

Back