FITT Stingray (C7) Challenge. Congratulations To the podium finishers. See results for who won.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 408 comments
So quick conclusion of wing mounting and peripherals (not yet covering actual wing shape or model, what probably give its own taste to this soup):

If you need wing only on really slow speed corners use wing stay from "high" alphabets, on semi-Speed use "semi" range alphabets and for all kind of corners in low to high speed stick on "low" (A) alphabets.

If you need more support for rear sideways slides use "high" alphabets winglets for "tubing" your aero flow. When you want rear loose more on sideways use "low" alphabets winglets.

Differences between large and small wings/winglets are probably just to match on correct wing, small (obviously?) Giving smaller effect? Will test actual wings later, not sure if today.

Been proven that pink and obnoxious green will make you drive harder to get the image off your screen. Or to get done quicker so no one sees you driving a pink car and smiling.:lol:
On online racing colour actually makes a difference, but that is just old proven psychological effect of human brain how it fears some colors and that fear makes him to avoid contact to that color, and vice versa there is colors what are tempting to look longer and may cause collisions or just distraction what might help to that driver in specific color car.
So colors really make difference :)

@Thorin Cain paint scheam added, TY on the missing parts of the car they have been added

Banana yellow is the fastest.
Na red or Bronze are the fastest. Silver is a good distracting color in bright sun and neon yellow for over all distraction of other drivers.

Been proven that pink and obnoxious green will make you drive harder to get the image off your screen. Or to get done quicker so no one sees you driving a pink car and smiling.:lol:
:lol: yes that's right :lol:

:cheers: Ooh, nice choices. It's now a 3-way scrap for the best looking machine ;)
Thank you 👍

Good news fellow tuners and testers. After 30 mins with my tune, I am getting somewhere quickly. I will have my tune published tonight for sure. As for colour, It is Blue all the way! :)
Awesome sir.

@Otaliema. I was running through building the tunes and spotted this post Here..... by @Antares26. His name's not on the tuners post.
Thank you has been added.
@Antares26 sorey about missing your tune -_-

Interesting discussion in wings. As @Bowtie-muscle said, I have done some preliminary testing, however have no real results. The only things I can really add to the discussion is ...a) Width will also play an important part,( along with winglets, wing size and shape, and height) b) changing body styles will throw all results out the window and make you start all over. It has been a activating excersize.

Okay folks. Only managed to get 78 miles running for this tune but I hope that you enjoy it none the less.

Link to original post here

FITT Stingray (C7)

indianapolis-road-course_1-jpg.541106

Here is my tune for the FITT Stingray C7 Challenge

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14

593PP
565 BHP
1290kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Car paint
Body Colour - Laguna Blue Tintcoat
Wheels - Not painted
Brake Callipers - Blu Montecarlo

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil change
Aero Kit Type A
Flat Floor Type A
Inch Up: 1 Wheels - RAYS GTS. (Black colour)

FC Suspension

F/R
114/118
11.15/12.15
6/3
4/6
2/3
0.4/0.0
-0.04/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 2.990
2nd 2.277
3rd 1.774
4th 1.445
5th 1.209
6th 1.037
7th 0.905
Set final gear to 2.980

FC LSD
11/12/18
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.9%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Ballast - Set 45kgs to Position 20.

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

So this tune was a little rushed for me but I feel that is has consistency and can be fast in the right hands. I hope you all enjoy this tune.

indianapolis-road-course_2-jpg.541107

indianapolis-road-course-jpg.541108

Interesting discussion in wings. As @Bowtie-muscle said, I have done some preliminary testing, however have no real results. The only things I can really add to the discussion is ...a) Width will also play an important part,( along with winglets, wing size and shape, and height) b) changing body styles will throw all results out the window and make you start all over. It has been a activating excersize.
Wider wing gives more aero pressure, your setup aero value will go on higher range with its 5-20 values.
Higher wing will give longer lever and lifting front of body more than lower wing.
Winglets and different wing stays covered on earlier post. As well different front aero kits. No cosmetics found on setups :)

Makes me wonder one thing, why in the h.ll there is that car wash on GT Auto.. :confused: washing dust from brakes? LOL

Anyhow all this gives again bit more content to GT6, wish only I could re-do my Stingray wing setup.

@shaunm80 your all linked up, visually the tune looks good and in regulations.

@OdeFinn intresting theory on the aero pressure. But as the game settings don't change, wouldn't that imply that wider wings simply decrease the pressure in a particular location on the wing as it's total pressure is the same as a smaller wing? So if you after stability you put a mid rise wide wing with the biggest winglets you can find, if your after exit grip with minimal drag level then go with a small low wing with rear dropped winglets or the smaller less drag based ones.

[USER=197110]@OdeFinn
intresting theory on the aero pressure. But as the game settings don't change, wouldn't that imply that wider wings simply decrease the pressure in a particular location on the wing as it's total pressure is the same as a smaller wing? So if you after stability you put a mid rise wide wing with the biggest winglets you can find, if your after exit grip with minimal drag level then go with a small low wing with rear dropped winglets or the smaller less drag based ones[/USER]

Based on quick tests widening wing creates more downforce (=aero pressure).
Higher your wing is, higher it will rise your center of gravity (CoG), also longer the lever is more it tends to lift front of car, but also on longer lever there is more stress on it and it will bend sooner than shorter lever (lever= wing stay). Higher CoG and more body roll will be expected.
So you can adjust amount of aero by width, timing and direction by height and type of wing stays.

^ quick thoughts, writing on wheel..tests supported that too.

Qwak, something went wrong on quote.. :)

Last edited:
Glad I don't do wings.

I use wings, or spoilers, but sometimes it's just for looks. If you lower the down force to the minimum and adjust suspension, it is not that big an issue.
A wing regardless of aero setting level slows the car down. You can observe this on any track. Take any car other than MR (tends help them) and blast around the track with no aero kits than slap on a wing betcha your a bit slower at just about every turn entry.
Hence why TTer's like @coryclifford tend never to use them. And why I try so hard to tune MR's without them cause if I can get the car working with out it, it is almost certainly faster.

A wing regardless of aero setting level slows the car down. You can observe this on any track. Take any car other than MR (tends help them) and blast around the track with no aero kits than slap on a wing betcha your a bit slower at just about every turn entry.
Hence why TTer's like @coryclifford tend never to use them. And why I try so hard to tune MR's without them cause if I can get the car working with out it, it is almost certainly faster.
Yes, but in the right track they gain corner speed and stability. Grand Valley for example, is more of a down force track than you might think. Spa is not.

@xande1959 your car needs information for used wheels, there is six (6) different Ultimate wheels, please tell number 1-6 which you're using, its last car to test before my own tune, all others are tested already.
Thanks.

I have started testing today. One down and a lot more to go. You can put me as an official tester now.
Sounds good sir. I'll get you added to the list. I got a couple done today but the TT's finaly got my attention today. Cote D Azure is hard when trying to blast it at full speed.

Sounds good sir. I'll get you added to the list. I got a couple done today but the TT's finaly got my attention today. Cote D Azure is hard when trying to blast it at full speed.
Your not wrong about that. Took me ages to get a clean lap in but when I did, it was a respectable 1.34. :)

Your not wrong about that. Took me ages to get a clean lap in but when I did, it was a respectable 1.34. :)
That is a respecible time. If I can keep it together my car will be good for a low 1:25, but keep it together for that time will be the hard part. I can get to harbor chicane clean on pace for a low 1:25 and I botch chicane in some way.

That is a respecible time. If I can keep it together my car will be good for a low 1:25, but keep it together for that time will be the hard part. I can get to harbor chicane clean on pace for a low 1:25 and I botch chicane in some way.
Your going for the Alien time.. Must be a 2J. :)

Back