FITT Transmission tuning challenge; Results in, Congratulations to Otaliema, MrGrado & DaBomm4

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 104 comments
Lap Time - 1:05.392
DC Score - 9.0
As soon as I hit the start/finish line on the first lap, I easily pulled away from the ghost. Great gearing for the straight, but it did catch me a little off guard. After a few laps and altering my line a little, it was great.
Thank you on the feedback.
Out of curiosity did the shorted 4th and 5th gears cause you issues any place on he track?

Transmission Challenge
RE Amemiya RX-7

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

5 Speed Transmission Stock
Lap Time - 1:05.756

@DaBomm4
Lap Time - 1:05.638
DC Score - 9.5
I found this setup a little more snug than the others. Just had to wait a little more before picking up the throttle.
Thanks for the review, I mainly chose this because it felt best on both auto and manual, in fact, it was tuned in auto and adjusted to work better for both.

Thank you on the feedback.
Out of curiosity did the shorted 4th and 5th gears cause you issues any place on he track?
2nd gear going into the tunnel took some getting used to, but I didn't notice any big issue with 4th or 5th. Just took a few laps getting used to the shift points because they were very different than most.

Thanks for the review, I mainly chose this because it felt best on both auto and manual, in fact, it was tuned in auto and adjusted to work better for both.
Automatic and manual...show off! :lol:

2nd gear going into the tunnel took some getting used to, but I didn't notice any big issue with 4th or 5th. Just took a few laps getting used to the shift points because they were very different than most.
Yeah I was trying to get into 3rd gear for he tunnel but could't do it consistently should have just dropped 2nd to longest and called it a day to keep the wheel spin down :lol:

Hey that's my trick, are you spying on me....:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:
Automatic and manual...show off! :lol:
I did that too, that's why 4th and 5th worked so well on this car. I figured out that 2nd and 3rd it could go to to red line no issues cause the speed was low but 4th and 5th it struggled cause of the massive power drop off so I shorten them to the point that they didn't have a high speed and let 6th do the work on the start/finish straight.

Yeah I was trying to get into 3rd gear for he tunnel but could't do it consistently should have just dropped 2nd to longest and called it a day to keep the wheel spin down :lol:

Hey that's my trick, are you spying on me....:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

I did that too, that's why 4th and 5th worked so well on this car. I figured out that 2nd and 3rd it could go to to red line no issues cause the speed was low but 4th and 5th it struggled cause of the massive power drop off so I shorten them to the point that they didn't have a high speed and let 6th do the work on the start/finish straight.
Well, while the kids are playing with pressies on Xmas day, and in between the times the dishes need to be done for the warden, I will be reading and re-reading your transmission guide. I'm going around in circles over here.

Well, while the kids are playing with pressies on Xmas day, and in between the times the dishes need to be done for the warden, I will be reading and re-reading your transmission guide. I'm going around in circles over here.
Wait till i publish the revised version that will have information on automatics and power band utilization. I'm about 1/2 done currently. The current guide is more of a walk through for building. The new one will be a how to, with troubleshooting.

Wait till i publish the revised version that will have information on automatics and power band utilization. I'm about 1/2 done currently. The current guide is more of a walk through for building. The new one will be a how to, with troubleshooting.
In time for Xmas?:dopey:
:cheers:

I learned a few things about transmissions that hadn't dawned on me prior, like how important it is to set up the gearing for univisal tunes for auto users cause that could be worth half a second 👍. All this work in the challenge got me thinking so I've dove into a new guide that is more through on how to with different transmissions and how to fix the problems and I am working in important stuff for auto transmission setup. Have two transmission how to's done only 3 maybe 4 more to go but at the rate of 3 hours per it's gonna be a while. Anyone want to proof read it after its finished to work out kinks? And find my bad grammer :lol:

I learned a few things about transmissions that hadn't dawned on me prior, like how important it is to set up the gearing for univisal tunes for auto users cause that could be worth half a second 👍. All this work in the challenge got me thinking so I've dove into a new guide that is more through on how to with different transmissions and how to fix the problems and I am working in important stuff for auto transmission setup. Have two transmission how to's done only 3 maybe 4 more to go but at the rate of 3 hours per it's gonna be a while. Anyone want to proof read it after its finished to work out kinks? And find my bad grammer :lol:

Very useful stuff. Would be happy to help proof read and would love to link it in my tuning guide if you approve.

Very useful stuff. Would be happy to help proof read and would love to link it in my tuning guide if you approve.
Would love your help on it the guides you write are clear and concise. Once i've got it 90% done i'll start a PM with everyone that volunteers to help with it and send it over. :) and Of course you can put a link in for it. speaking of lnks I need to fix the one in my guide to your new one.

Back