FITT Tuning contest: Two Tracks, One Cup. Results Posted

• Thread starter MrGrado
  • 92 comments
I'm planning to launch the new tuning contest today so tuners can sink their teeth into it this weekend. The idea is one car, two tracks: but with the option of submitting a tune for each track.

The car will be premium, tuning options will be wide open: only PP and tyre grade will be set. Something FR or MR and high performance will likely be chosen, around 500pp and on SS tyres.

Testers may test one or both circuits. If many tuner entries are submitted, I will look at ways to allow testers to test a smaller selection of entries if they prefer.

Lap times and DC will be scored. DC will be scored out of ten. There can be a podium for each circuit and an overall podium.

I didn't notice that we were using the 0-10 DC system for scoring. I automatically assumed the F1 styled points system was the current way of scoring FITT these days.
That's his FITTING thread post

Critical reviews are just fine, just don't make it personal.
eg
good; This car and I didn't get along well, I just could get it to settle down.
No so good; What were you thinking with this setup, it's horrible, the car won't settle down, I breath on the gas and I find the wall.

do not worry I 'll try to be fair in my assessments .I am not a bad person . Employing the DS3 with just 1 ABS will not complicate tests.
After I would not be all technical words to explain my choices but I feel good

do not worry I 'll try to be fair in my assessments .I am not a bad person . Employing the DS3 with just 1 ABS will not complicate tests.
After I would not be all technical words to explain my choices but I feel good
You're in good company round these parts, most people are DS3 users. Just give your honest feedback when you write it up. Fall back on the if you can't say anything nice don't say anything addatage maybe just a few words hard for me to drive just didn't understand the car.

The event is still going. Tuning deadline will be 6th July.

Testing is blind, so testers can word the reviews how they like.

As for tuning options: Aero allowed, any wheel size allowed, increased rigidity allowed, oil change allowed, exactly 480pp mandatory, sports soft tyres all around or a mix of sports soft and sports medium tyres only.

Tuners can submit a tune for each track, changing any and every setting and fitted part if they like.

The event is still going. Tuning deadline will be 6th July.

Testing is blind, so testers can word the reviews how they like.

As for tuning options: Aero allowed, any wheel size allowed, increased rigidity allowed, oil change allowed, exactly 480pp mandatory, sports soft tyres all around or a mix of sports soft and sports medium tyres only.

Tuners can submit a tune for each track, changing any and every setting and fitted part if they like.
Ty sir.
-_- I've been making one tune for both tracks thinking it could be tested at either location. This makes things easier. 👍

Undid the two track compromise tune and gained almost 3 tenths at Monaco. :crazy:

image.jpeg

I'm really not too sure about the decision to name this what you named it, lol.

Anyway, summer in full swing, which means I'm in the middle of thousands of projects fixing up my house. I was able to log in twice last week, and only raced around for like an hour each time.
I wish i could volunteer but that would be just wishing impossible wishes right now.
But I'm watching ^^ looks like a fun one.
Good Luck everyone

Same tune for both tracks,Twin Ring Motegi East 1:27.148, Cote d'Azur 1:41.530 only ABS 1 everything else off and track set to Real, are there any other options should be off like SRF etc. ?.

When we have finished our tune, do you want us (tuners) to submit our tunes on a standardised form or will you be making all the tune sheets the same when you publish then? Also, what do you want us to do about images? send you them with the tune or are you not bothered about them?

PM with tunes will be sent sometime tonight. Unfortunately I will be unable to test this time around, I will be moving during the second half of the month so I wont have the time.

PM with tunes will be sent sometime tonight. Unfortunately I will be unable to test this time around, I will be moving during the second half of the month so I wont have the time.
Here's to hoping the move goes smoothly sir.

I will post the submitted tunes, the next oportunity I get (maybe 14 hours after posting this). Anyone that has not messaged their tune and has one ready to go, has this window of oportunity to submit their tunes.

After the tunes are submitted, testing can begin. So testers have this weekend to make a start on testing if they wish.

It's possible I wil have a low total of tunes to post, so I will allow late tunes to be messaged to me until Monday 11th. I will post the second wave of tune entries on Monday afternoon/evening my time (Perth/Hong Kong GMT+8), if I recieve any late submissions.

Please keep it close to your chest if you posted your tune on time or late or not at all, so testers have the lowest amount of outside influence as possible for their testing. After the final results are compiled, you may coment about it as much as you like if you wish.

The process is highly unconventional but I feel it may provide a little more life to the event as it stands now. Please give me an indication through private meassage if you intend to submit a tune entry as soon as possible. I may even be able to extend the second tune deadline a little if you need.

I will roll a 20 sided dice to allocate tuners with their tune number. I will not message you your tune number. You will be able to recognise your own tune by it's settings. I will format the tunes to a standard presentation style. I will post supplied pictures in a separate post to the tunes and possibly remove any tuner notes and supply testers with generic instructions for testing based on tuner notes. This way the tunes are as much as possible, just a set of settings, with basically no flavour from the tuner other than the settings.

Thanks to everyone who showed interest in the event and to those who participated, good luck all.

Tuner 1

Twin Ring Tune
GT Auto
Front Aero Kit Type A
Wheels +1 BBS LM-R
No Oil
No Chassis reinforcement.

Parts
Weight 3
Body color carbon Bonnet
Windows reduced
Stage 3 engine
Sports computer
Intake Tuning
Racing brakes
Triple Plate Clutch

Suspension settings
Ride 124/145
Springs 4.46/5.60
Dampers 3/1 3/1
ARB 7/5
Camber 0/0
Toe 0.00/0.06
Brakes 7/5

Transmission
Final 4.100
Top speed 180 km/h (min)
Final 3.000

LSD 6/10/20

Limiter 92.5

Ballast 32@16

Cote d' Azure
GT Auto
Front Aero Kit Type A
Wheels +1 BBS LM-R
No Oil
No Chassis reinforcement.

Parts
Weight 3
Body color carbon Bonnet
Windows reduced
Stage 3 engine
Sports computer
Sports Exhaust
Sports Catalytic Converter
Racing Brakes

Settings
Suspension
Ride 130/145
Springs 3.25/5.15
Dampers 3/1 5/3
ARB 7/4
Camber 0/0
Toe 0.00/0.15
Brakes 7/5

Final 4.050
Top Speed 180 km/h (min)
Final 3.000

LSD 5/11/14

Limiter 91.0

Ballast 32@50

Last edited:
Tuner 14

Cote d'Azur:

480PP
Sports Soft Tires
332 HP
277 Torque
1125 kg
No Aero Parts
Standard Size PDI P814 Rims

Suspension:
Custom Suspension
Racing Brakes

Ride Height: 100/98
Spring Rate: 6.20/5.00
Dampers(Compression): 5/2
Dampers(Extension): 6/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4
Camber: 0.2/0.1
Toe: -0.05/0.05
Brakes Balance: 5/6

Transmission:
Custom Transmission

Final Gear: Max
Max Speed: Min
1st: 3.115
2nd: 2.282
3rd: 1.784
4th: 1.437
5th: 1.184
6th: 1.005
Final Gear: 4.600

Drivetrain:
Custom LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch

Initial Torque: 9
Accel: 12
Braking: 12

Power:
Stage 1 Engine
Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Sports Cat. Converter
Intake Tuning

Power Limiter: 97.0%

Body:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast: 32 kg
Position: -50

Twin Ring Motegi East:

480PP
Sports Soft Tires
332 HP
277 Torque
1125 kg
No Aero Parts
Standard Size PDI P814 Rims

Suspension:
Custom Suspension
Racing Brakes

Ride Height: 100/98
Spring Rate: 6.10/5.20
Dampers(Compression): 6/3
Dampers(Extension): 6/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 0.2/0.1
Toe: -0.05/0.05
Brakes Balance: 5/6

Transmission:
Custom Transmission

Final Gear: Max
Max Speed: Min
1st: 3.115
2nd: 2.282
3rd: 1.784
4th: 1.437
5th: 1.184
6th: 1.005
Final Gear: 4.250

Drivetrain:
Custom LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch

Initial Torque: 9
Accel: 12
Braking: 12

Power:
Stage 1 Engine
Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Sports Cat. Converter
Intake Tuning

Power Limiter: 97.0%

Body:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast: 32 kg
Position: -50

Tuner 17

Renault Sport Clio V6 24V ‘00

480PP
328 BHP
1125kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Sports Soft Tyres

No oil change
Aerodynamics
Aero Kit Type A
Rear Wings – Special Wing – Type A
Wheels
Standard Size Wheels – OZ Racing Ultraleggera (in Gold)

Car Paint Colours;
Body – Circuit Blue Pearl
Brake Calipers – Blu Montecarlo
Wheels – Austin Yellow

Fully Customised Suspension
F/R
100/100
6.65/7.15
5/4
4/5
2/5
1.0/1.0
-0.05/0.04
Racing Brake Kit
5/6

Fully Customised Transmission
(Reset to default)
Final gear set to 5.500 initially
Maximum speed set at 124mph
1st 2.860
2nd 2.085
3rd 1.585
4th 1.276
5th 1.091
6th 0.964
Finally, Set final gear to 4.235 (do not change when set)

Fully Customised LSD
14/18/12
Triple Plate Clutch Kit

Power limiter set at 95.1%
Power Parts
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Downforce set to 12
Ballast – 22kgs @ position -50

Driven with ABS 1 only

This tune is designed for both tracks when testing. No changes required when changing tracks.

Back