FITT V8 Supercar at Bathurst Challenge now closed. Winners announced.

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 496 comments
I can only think of 1 tuner (I'm sure there are loads of others) who ran a max front and min rear downforce on a Falcon at Bathurst.:odd: Those settings are great for getting rid of the understeer, and I tried it when tuning, but a higher skill level is required... Which is why I backed away from it. I've had 2 twitchy cars in the last 2 challenges and they didn't go down so well.

I can only think of 1 tuner (I'm sure there are loads of others) who ran a max front and min rear downforce on a Falcon at Bathurst.:odd: Those settings are great for getting rid of the understeer, and I tried it when tuning, but a higher skill level is required... Which is why I backed away from it. I've had 2 twitchy cars in the last 2 challenges and they didn't go down so well.

That's me with max front, min rear aero.

@GNR1987
Lap Time: 2:00.204
DC: 10
Impressions and feedback: Certainly got rid of the understeer, but has serious issues in the esses and the dipper. The loose rear end makes it impossible to get on throttle soon enough. It’s fast for sure, but not suited for race conditions, as a mistake would eventually be inevitable. A SETUP FOR THE BRAVE!

Wow. I must say I'm impressed with the times put in by the mystery driver! :bowdown:

In hindsight, I could have made my tune more user friendly (especially for wheel users). If I were to realistically race with it, I'd dial back the springs and dampers. But I wanted to open the door to a world of possibilities by showing you don't have to be afraid of trying unorthodox or extreme settings. Sometimes an idea may just be crazy enough to work! You never know until you try. ;)

I just noticed an error in my tune settings. I added the following note to my entry post:

Note: The rear toe was intended to be negative 0.29. My entry remains as posted above for consistency, but for any one that is curious to drive it as it was tuned they may want to drive it with the correct settings in their free time, obviously It is not mandatory to do so.

I just noticed an error in my tune settings. I added the following note to my entry post:

Note: The rear toe was intended to be negative 0.29. My entry remains as posted above for consistency, but for any one that is curious to drive it as it was tuned they may want to drive it with the correct settings in their free time, obviously It is not mandatory to do so.
Whoops :embarrassed:

You should take it as a compliment that I thought it was you then. :) the way the reviews were written up reminded me of how you review tunes a little.

@Pete05 - As for a second guess, nope. I have no idea who it is now. Someone who probably lives and breathes that track going by the times set.
I think it's fair to say they live & breathe more than just over 6km of up and down Mt.Panorama :D ;)

I'm not familiar with the FITT regulars. So my best guess would be a complete shot in the dark by naming the two fastest drivers I know.

Seize_HKS or DaBomb330?

Chances are slim to none since they probably aren't even aware of this challenge nor do they really use GTP. But, whoever it is, they've made me curious to try my wheel and see if I can improve on my DS3 time of 2:01.030. :P

I'm not familiar with the FITT regulars. So my best guess would be a complete shot in the dark by naming the two fastest drivers I know.

Seize_HKS or DaBomb330?

Chances are slim to none since they probably aren't even aware of this challenge nor do they really use GTP. But, whoever it is, they've made me curious to try my wheel and see if I can improve on my DS3 time of 2:01.030. :P
Our AGD (anonymous guest driver) is not a FITT regular, I believe this is the first FITT event he has ever driven in.

image.png

Gotta love weather in the USA at this time of year.
Icon translations.
Dark Red shaded area Tornado warning(one on the ground or one forming)
Lighter red tornado watch, one is possible.
Very light red, very high wild fire danger
Red triangles active tornados
Yellow squares 45+ straight line winds
Blue squares hail of 1/4" or larger
Green circles powerful T-Storms

Back