FITT V8 Supercar at Bathurst Challenge now closed. Winners announced.

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 496 comments
I'm surprised how touchy, or sensitive this car can be to minor tweaks. Coughtoe coughaero
:mischievous:
- who will hit this time

To give you all some perspective, the 2000 Bathurst 1000 Provisional Pole Position was 2:11:8882 set by Mark Skaife in a Holden Commodore VT. This same car set the fastest lap in the race itself by Skaife's Co-Driver, Craig Lowndes at 2:14:2602.
The lead driver of our Ford Falcon, Glenn Seton, posted a fastest time of 2:14:3016 on the way to 13th place at the chequered flag.
The 2000 Bathurst was run during the original V8 Supercar rules in force from September 1992 - the last race of 2012. When racing at Bathurst, all cars were mandated to run both control gear ratios, 3.25 final drive and adhere to the 7500 rpm rev limit enforced by a hard ignition cut. This gave the cars a theoretical top speed of 302km/h at 7500 rpm.
The circuit was resurfaced before the 2004 running of the race leading to record breaking lap times set in qualifying, none more so than Greg Murphy's 'Lap of the Gods'.

New regulations came into force for 2014 to current known as Car Of The Future (COTF). These cars have an engine conforming to the same regulations driven through a sequential transaxle transmission & altered final drive ratio so that the cars no longer sit on the 7500 rpm hard cut for seconds as they enter The Chase.
Over the years, tyre compounds have changed dramatically which goes some way to explaining how we are seeing lap times a lot faster than this car was ever capable of in 2000.
Oddly for GT6, we also can't get anywhere near the 302 km/h any competitive V8 Supercar was more than capable of in period :odd:
Have fun, tune well & good luck to all.

image.jpeg

Point of stagnation. :crazy:

2:01s are totally within reach when I'm not so toasty from the vodka.

Remember my Corvette and Porsche CTR2 tune… not too different. Lightly breathed on.

No fear in a video game. Guaranteed in real life I'd be pooping and peeing my pants constantly if I drove like I do. And dead. 1000 times.

A combination of tyre grip level & fear of death?

That's reason why I can't push alien speeds, backbone resist to take more risks that I would tolerate on real car, and this barrier I'd like to keep, keeps more gaming more realistic and driving irl "bit" safer, even sometimes friends asks "Have you played that car game again" when car flies on road bit faster than "normally".. :cool:

That's reason why I can't push alien speeds, backbone resist to take more risks that I would tolerate on real car, and this barrier I'd like to keep, keeps more gaming more realistic and driving irl "bit" safer, even sometimes friends asks "Have you played that car game again" when car flies on road bit faster than "normally".. :cool:
Unfortunately we have to work with what PD gives us. I'd love it if this car was presented in 100% legal form making it impossible to go under 2:10:xxx or rev it over 7500 rpm. The real life period gear ratios aren't possible either so I've adopted them to as close as I could get them.
One thing PD can't cater for is our ability to ignore the fear factor.

I think 2:00's should be closer to the mark for you guy's. XR8's at Bathurst always makes my eyes light up so I bought another one (6 now) and tuned it to your specs in the OP, slapped on my suspension, diff and aero settings with minor tweeks for the hard tyres and... (sorry for the blurry image)
20160507_084716.jpg

I think 2:00's should be closer to the mark for you guy's. XR8's at Bathurst always makes my eyes light up so I bought another one (6 now) and tuned it to your specs in the OP, slapped on my suspension, diff and aero settings with minor tweeks for the hard tyres and... (sorry for the blurry image)View attachment 543912
You're more than welcome to join in the fun. We'd love to have you onboard.

I think 2:00's should be closer to the mark for you guy's. XR8's at Bathurst always makes my eyes light up so I bought another one (6 now) and tuned it to your specs in the OP, slapped on my suspension, diff and aero settings with minor tweeks for the hard tyres and... (sorry for the blurry image)View attachment 543912
You are more than welcome to join the fray with your tune and we Would love to get feed back from someone as fast as you too.

I don't think it's very fair for me to enter my tune, I've done thousands of kilometres with this combo (but 600pp with Race Softs) and the tune is an adaptation of a Ministiggy HSV Base model tune with tweeks to suit my style, but I might be able to squeeze in some testing.
I appreciate your honesty :) 👍 but the competition is open to anyone. You might find changing over to the Hard compound tyres requires some adapting of your we'll run tune. If you would rather just be involved as a tester, that decision is yours & you're more than welcome. The more the merrier :)

I appreciate your honesty :) 👍 but the competition is open to anyone. You might find changing over to the Hard compound tyres requires some adapting of your we'll run tune. If you would rather just be involved as a tester, that decision is yours & you're more than welcome. The more the merrier :)
I often run this car with tyre wear on fast in enduro style racing so it isn't to bad with low grip (normally can go 1 extra lap than others), it just needs a little settling down of the rear end coming off the slow corners without hurting the straight line speed. I've also shared this tune with others before with less than enthusiastic responses, it seems to only work for me:confused:. I hope I can get time to test all of the tunes as I'm re-doing my rig at the moment (just painted some of the new add-ons I've made and it 🤬 rained on it:banghead:).

I often run this car with tyre wear on fast in enduro style racing so it isn't to bad with low grip (normally can go 1 extra lap than others), it just needs a little settling down of the rear end coming off the slow corners without hurting the straight line speed. I've also shared this tune with others before with less than enthusiastic responses, it seems to only work for me:confused:. I hope I can get time to test all of the tunes as I'm re-doing my rig at the moment (just painted some of the new add-ons I've made and it 🤬 rained on it:banghead:).
I'll mark you down for testing.
If you want to retune a car from scratch on say SS tires you could turn that in, it would be ran on RH but the significant difference in grip level would make your current tune nearly undrivable. (I think)

:mischievous:

To give you all some perspective, the 2000 Bathurst 1000 Provisional Pole Position was 2:11:8882 set by Mark Skaife in a Holden Commodore VT. This same car set the fastest lap in the race itself by Skaife's Co-Driver, Craig Lowndes at 2:14:2602.
The lead driver of our Ford Falcon, Glenn Seton, posted a fastest time of 2:14:3016 on the way to 13th place at the chequered flag.
The 2000 Bathurst was run during the original V8 Supercar rules in force from September 1992 - the last race of 2012. When racing at Bathurst, all cars were mandated to run both control gear ratios, 3.25 final drive and adhere to the 7500 rpm rev limit enforced by a hard ignition cut. This gave the cars a theoretical top speed of 302km/h at 7500 rpm.
The circuit was resurfaced before the 2004 running of the race leading to record breaking lap times set in qualifying, none more so than Greg Murphy's 'Lap of the Gods'.

New regulations came into force for 2014 to current known as Car Of The Future (COTF). These cars have an engine conforming to the same regulations driven through a sequential transaxle transmission & altered final drive ratio so that the cars no longer sit on the 7500 rpm hard cut for seconds as they enter The Chase.
Over the years, tyre compounds have changed dramatically which goes some way to explaining how we are seeing lap times a lot faster than this car was ever capable of in 2000.
Oddly for GT6, we also can't get anywhere near the 302 km/h any competitive V8 Supercar was more than capable of in period :odd:
Have fun, tune well & good luck to all.

2:14.3xx that's what I got in 1st lap ( medium pace ) after adapting the gear ratio control you provided and my old GT5 build at Bathurst, still with no oil change, SS tire. It has 59/41 weight distribution, closest I can get in GT6, 1400+kg, low aero mode, real life V8SC alignment range, rear spool 60/60/60, surprisingly, no wheelspin issue at all, a 5 minutes job setting it up :D With no ABS I ran 3/7 or 3/9 BB, this time front tends to lock first, unlike the C7 Stingray :eek: :lol: The Falcon bounces around like mad kangaroo here :P

The AU XR8 only topped 271kmh at Conrod, to put into perspective, my Team Lark Mclaren F1 GTR, with high aero can top 290+kmh at Conrod, the F1 is insanely grippy, with 600HP/1140kg capable of 2:08s on SH, it's cornering speed is higher than the Falcon on SS even when using lower aero than Falcon. Weight rules supreme at Bathurst.

Back