FITT V8 Supercar at Bathurst Challenge now closed. Winners announced.

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 496 comments
2:14.3xx that's what I got in 1st lap ( medium pace ) after adapting the gear ratio control you provided and my old GT5 build at Bathurst, still with no oil change, SS tire. It has 59/41 weight distribution, closest I can get in GT6, 1400+kg, low aero mode, real life V8SC alignment range, rear spool 60/60/60, surprisingly, no wheelspin issue at all, a 5 minutes job setting it up :D With no ABS I ran 3/7 or 3/9 BB, this time front tends to lock first, unlike the C7 Stingray :eek: :lol: The Falcon bounces around like mad kangaroo here :P

The AU XR8 only topped 271kmh at Conrod, to put into perspective, my Team Lark Mclaren F1 GTR, with high aero can top 290+kmh at Conrod, the F1 is insanely grippy, with 600HP/1140kg capable of 2:08s on SH, it's cornering speed is higher than the Falcon on SS even when using lower aero than Falcon. Weight rules supreme at Bathurst.
In 1997 & 1998, we were fortunate enough to have two Bathurst 1000 races in the same calendar year. One for the traditional V8 Supercars and another for the 2-litre Super Tourers. Although divisive and very political at the time, it gave us the opportunity to compare the performance of the two very different cars.

Below is a video of Sweden's Rickard Rydell during the 1998 Top 10 shootout for Pole Position.

Mount_Panorama_Circuit_Map_Overview.PNG

23 great reasons to love this track :bowdown:
Volvo S40 T4 is manic.
For 300bhp & 950kg, it does an amazing job around here.
I'd love to be able to overlay the Volvo lap against the current record lap set by Jamie Whincup just to see how different they are from The Cutting to Forrest's Elbow.
Incidentally, the Volvo driven by Rickard Rydell/Jim Richards went on to win the 1998 race in a nail-biter of a finish over Jim's son Steven & Matt Neal in a Nissan Primera.

Some testing done, 2:01:725 with spool diff !

Tried the terrible camber of the real V8 Supercars, like between 4.5 and 6.0 in the front and 1.0 to 2.0 in the rear. It gives a better overall feeling I think, but it is way slower...

I haven't neither the real life suspensions settings nor the aero settings, but I found an interesting video on the V8 Supercars Setups :

Some testing done, 2:01:725 with spool diff !

Tried the terrible camber of the real V8 Supercars, like between 4.5 and 6.0 in the front and 1.0 to 2.0 in the rear. It gives a better overall feeling I think, but it is way slower...

I haven't neither the real life suspensions settings nor the aero settings, but I found an interesting video on the V8 Supercars Setups :

:bowdown: 2:01s, my car only did 2:11s on RH ( 599HP/1450kg) I doubt less weight and oil change would shave 10s off :bowdown:

I did this laptime without the extreme camber, I was in 2:04 with a more real setup !

2:04s is still fast, you need to adjust toe to suit the camber ( toe out, multiply the camber by 8,for easy rough estimates, try it, 5.5 camber - toe out -0.44 ), I ran very high front camber and have no real issue in turn in or rotation even with rear spool and 59% weight up front on SS tire. Aero balance also crucial, I tweaked aero at High Speed Ring GT500 seasonal recently ( McLaren F1 GTR Team Lark JGTC and Diablo GTR GT1 ), the banked turns and esses really highlight what ends need more or less aero. Sadly the AU Falcon struggles a lot to win on SH tire there, while the Diablo and McLaren F1 GTR sails to win with ease on SH and low aero/lower pp.

2:04s is still fast, you need to adjust toe to suit the camber ( toe out, multiply the camber by 8,for easy rough estimates, try it, 5.5 camber - toe out -0.44 ), I ran very high front camber and have no real issue in turn in or rotation even with rear spool and 59% weight up front on SS tire. Aero balance also crucial, I tweaked aero at High Speed Ring GT500 seasonal recently ( McLaren F1 GTR Team Lark JGTC and Diablo GTR GT1 ), the banked turns and esses really highlight what ends need more or less aero. Sadly the AU Falcon struggles a lot to win on SH tire there, while the Diablo and McLaren F1 GTR sails to win with ease on SH and low aero/lower pp.

Oh I didn't know this, will try a.s.a.p. I didn't have issue, it has a great rotation with 5.5 camber, but it is definitively slower than 1 degree camber (example). 100 kilos in the car affect a lot I think, I'm looking forward to try your tunes ;)👍

Oh I didn't know this, will try a.s.a.p. I didn't have issue, it has a great rotation with 5.5 camber, but it is definitively slower than 1 degree camber (example). 100 kilos in the car affect a lot I think, I'm looking forward to try your tunes ;)👍
I remember the video you posted and tried using a real world setup back in GT5. It was horrible :yuck: Great lap time with so much camber 👍
So can we add you to the list of Tuners and/or Testers?

I've been trying to use this car on the wet seasonal. I've got it turning on a dime, performing very nicely for a wet Nords, great response, but this car was never meant for 500pp, lol. I get to 3rd place just before the speed straight at the end, within 1-3 car lengths of leader, by the end of the straight I'm 6-8 car lengths back, lol. Consistently gets 2nd or 3rd though.

I will be very interested in seeing these tunes. I can't volunteer to test just yet, when we get closer to the date I will reevaluate if I will be able to or not. (Most likely will be able to)

I've been trying to use this car on the wet seasonal. I've got it turning on a dime, performing very nicely for a wet Nords, great response, but this car was never meant for 500pp, lol. I get to 3rd place just before the speed straight at the end, within 1-3 car lengths of leader, by the end of the straight I'm 6-8 car lengths back, lol. Consistently gets 2nd or 3rd though.

I will be very interested in seeing these tunes. I can't volunteer to test just yet, when we get closer to the date I will reevaluate if I will be able to or not. (Most likely will be able to)
The car has certainly missed out on some love from PD somewhere along the line that's for sure.
It should be able to push through the 300 km/h barrier both here at Bathurst and, easily on the long Dottinger Hohe at the Nordschleife.

As @Otaliema has said, we're a bit thin on the ground for Testers at the moment. If you can test, it will be greatly appreciated but I do understand that finding time in our busy, everyday lives isn't becoming any easier.

If anyone knows of someone that can be persuaded to join our Testers list, short of offering free beer, cake or bribes, please do your best & spread the word.
:cheers:

2:04.7 is my best so far, I am having issues in these areas where the arrows are below and once I get them right I will get a better lap time, thanks for the map @Dashyankuro 👍.

Mount_Panorama_Circuit_Map_Overview.PNG

2:04.7 is my best so far, I am having issues in these areas where the arrows are below and once I get them right I will get a better lap time, thanks for the map @Dashyankuro 👍.

View attachment 544298
If you've ever watched the Bathurst 1000, you know how long it takes the experts to get it right so keep working away at it & you'll get there. There's plenty of time left.

If you've ever watched the Bathurst 1000, you know how long it takes the experts to get it right so keep working away at it & you'll get there. There's plenty of time left.
I have seen over the years the experts get it all wrong in these areas, luckily this is a game I am playing because if it was real I will have destroyed a lot of Falcons.

Funny cause I used mine to whoop the 500 pp seasonal with three different fields. Race soft tires.
Cory, . . . . .
27531_126582510694689_9782_n_jpg_cf.jpg

I tried a few set ups, I had trouble with the mad loss of power going down to 500pp.
But if you really need to hear it, lol, Yes, I admit your a faster and better driver then I am.

And I probably will be testing, its just I have learned from my past not to make promises until I am positive I can deliver. And its just not close enough time wise to do that yet.

If anyone knows of someone that can be persuaded to join our Testers list, short of offering free beer, cake or bribes, please do your best & spread the word.
:cheers:

Be very careful what you wish for. I can think of, well, nevermind. I better not say what I'm thinking, lol. Just be careful what you wish for ^^

I have seen over the years the experts get it all wrong in these areas, luckily this is a game I am playing because if it was real I will have destroyed a lot of Falcons.
It's amazing isn't it. The best teams in the country use their prior knowledge database & set the cars up with a 'ballpark' setting before they even load them into the transporters. From Thursday on they tinker & refine it as best they can but only one car gets the big trophy on Sunday afternoon.
Take into account how many of the parts on a Supercar are a control item & it doesn't leave a lot to sneak a minute advantage. Bathurst used to be a case of the organic matter in the seat pulling the harness a little tighter and making a difference in a car that's not quite right. Guys that used to rise that little extra just for Bathurst. Those days are long gone now.

Is the transmission based on real numbers?
Unfortunately no. PD in their wisdom have seen fit to make it impossible no matter which way you try. This proved a major headache & almost made me dump the whole idea. Being a determined SOB, I matched the gear ratios to where the guys make the changes in real life.
As I said in the OP, with a 3.25 final drive, these cars were bouncing off the 7500 rpm limiter before the right hand link on Conrod Straight - 302 km/h.
On trialing the correct 6th gear ratio together with the 3.25 diff, this car wasn't even close with minimum wings :irked:

I'll mark you down for testing.
If you want to retune a car from scratch on say SS tires you could turn that in, it would be ran on RH but the significant difference in grip level would make your current tune nearly undrivable. (I think)
Cheers, any excuse to run more laps round Bathurst, should be fun and a learning experience for me. I've run quite a few tunes from people in here with pretty good results (your Rally Raid TT tune comes to mind, top 150 for me with not a lot of effort, Thanks BTW:tup:). Got my time down to a 2:00.9xx (with the spec trans, and all other conditions in the OP) but I won't spend any more time on that. Instead I will do some laps with stock suspension, aero and diff, (and the spec trans which is pretty good apart from some laziness pulling through Griffins IMO) so my com
parisons will be against that and not my slightly pilfered tune.:cheers:

Edit: High 2:05's with Sports Softs and no adjustments other than eggs under my pedals, but good fun.

Last edited:
Cheers, any excuse to run more laps round Bathurst, should be fun and a learning experience for me. I've run quite a few tunes from people in here with pretty good results (your Rally Raid TT tune comes to mind, top 150 for me with not a lot of effort, Thanks BTW:tup:). Got my time down to a 2:00.9xx (with the spec trans, and all other conditions in the OP) but I won't spend any more time on that. Instead I will do some laps with stock suspension, aero and diff, (and the spec trans which is pretty good apart from some laziness pulling through Griffins IMO) so my com
parisons will be against that and not my slightly pilfered tune.:cheers:

Edit: High 2:05's with Sports Softs and no adjustments other than eggs under my pedals, but good fun.
Are you using 3rd gear for Griffin's?

Back